Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,901 members, 7,886,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? (5188 Views)

Latest Blackberry Passport To Cost $600 (N96,000) / Is Jailbreaking An Idevice (iphone) Really Worth It? / Iphone: Is It Really Worth All The Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by texazzpete(m): 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2007
Pics of my unlocked iphone running on MTN in Nigeria, with loads of 3rd party apps installed grin

apologies for the blurry pics. my TyTN may be one of the most powerful PPC fones in the world, but it's camera isnt so hot.

Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by EZHack(m): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2007
Unfortunately, some guyz had to upgrade to Firmware 1.1.1 and suffering the loss of 3rd party applications and some other jolly processes.

Below is a a guide to downgrade to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/10/01/how-to-downgrade-iphone-firmware-111-to-old-crackable-and-hackable-102-version/

Courtesy of Kmac1985
Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by goodterry: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2007
hi, we can supply iphone and N95,N99I with less than 350usd;we export mobilephones and memory cards with good price to lagos, if you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. please send a email to customerbusiness@yahoo.com
Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by Tats(m): 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2007
Just got myself an Iphone for £269 and am on a £35 monthly plan. Its a lovely phone, but the excitement has already worn off. My battery lasts less than one day on full charge! Learnt from some forums that keeping Wifi off when not in use will prolong battery life. Did that today and it is definitely true, but battery life is still not impressive. I also keep the screen brightness low to conserve battery. By the way, I cannot even enjoy the phone as much because for nearly half the day, I am at work!
Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by Neoteny(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2007
i keep hearing people say the iphone is not a genuine smartphone. well, considering winmobile runs on windows ce platform, which is severely limited in comparison to windows xp, i wonder how a phone running mac os x tiger in full (700mb for gawds sake) and the full safari browser cannot be smart. tell me one fone that runs on a full desktop os (sure iphones os was customized, but only to incorporate the multitouch screen). can your tytns and ipaqs run windows vista? can your nokia e 70s and what have you run on xp?

everybody wants the iphone to be everything: 3.5g, 7 megapixel camera, gps, bread toaster, but if apple were to pack all that into the phone how much will the iphone cost seeing as how you all grumble over 600 dollars (399 now) for new technology? and if they put every single gizmo into it, what then will come in subsequent iterations of the phone?

im darn pleased with it as it is.
Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by texazzpete(m): 7:14am On Dec 22, 2007
@neoteny
i feel u man! 3rd party hacks makethe phone more flexible. Soon we'll have mms, voip, video recording etc on the iphone. When the sdk comes out, a whole new world of apps will be unleashed!
I find that most ppl thsr complain about the iphone battery are those that can't keep their hands off their shiny new toy.
Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2008
Hello,

Can somebody help me out please, I just got an iphone and am trying all I can to love-vendor it out but can you help me do the following:

Send / receive MMS.

Send/ receive files e.g. ringtones. music files, images, etc. via bluetooth.

Forward SMS to some contacts

Chat via yahoo messanger

Get SMS to display sender's name and not numbers.

Please help me out, fellow nairalanders.

You can contact me also through donrichiexl@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by sisqology(m): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2008
Final.
Re: Is The New $600 iPhone Really Worth Investing In? by sgtinfo(f): 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2011
TerraCotta:

Patience has its virtues. I was thisclose to getting this phone a couple of weeks ago, and something/someone kept telling me not to rush it.

Still on the expensive side, but at least it's a little more competitive with other high-end phones now.

Happi Birthday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device / I reviewed Anker's ("America's leading USB charging brand") Powerbanks / Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+ Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.