Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,489 members, 7,964,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:54 AM

Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (4659 Views)

It's Confirmed The Child You're Carrying Is Deformed; Will You Abort? / Is Abortion Murder? / Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Softee(f): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2006
nferyn:

Why would you exclude medical reasons?

One possible example: during a civil war a woman gets raped by the man who butchered her husband and her other children.
Another possible example: a single woman is pregnant. Two weeks after she finds out she's pregnant she loses her job
Another one: A retarded woman gets pregnant. She lives in an institution and can't take care of herself.

I think you can figure out what the consequences are of aborting or not aborting.

As for the first example, the woman should keep the child and give it up for adoption to a childless couple. As for the second example, the woman did not just fall pregnant, she had sex to fall pregnant! and she should have thought about her cirmcumstances when she was having sex, same as the retarted woman. The single woman should go to the job center! and claim benefits for her child and the retarded woman should either get help for her and her child or give it up for adoption. These examples are not excuse for abortion.

How can you say that before 23 weeks a fetoes is not a life. Do you know what life is? Do scientists know what life is? My best friend was born just after 23 weeks and it sickens me that she could have been aborted. These 46 million babies that are aborted each year could have been people, so what if they couldn't survive outside the womb if they were born, the fact is that they were doing quite well in the womb when the doctors interfered and sucked them out of their mother!

Are these not lives?
Shouldn't every growing fetoes have the chance of life like this cute baby?

1 Like

Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by alheri(f): 9:43am On Feb 27, 2006
wow softee, after seeing those pics I take back everything I said. Abortion is Murder!
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by 2cantango(f): 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2006
cry I have seen these pics, and more cry
Bless you for sharing them here and helping to open eyes
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2006
It's not because those fetuses look like children (and mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if they were faked: a 10 week old fetus hand doesn't look like that) that they are children. they are neurologically less developed than a chicken, but of course appeals to emotion are always striking a chord.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Gotutripin: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2006
I have something to say about this as it is an experience im going through right now, about 2 months ago i met a guy at the age of 23, me being 21, we started seeing eachother and slept togethor, when the end of this month came i missed my period, i freaked out and took two pregnancy tests, both responding to be positive, i dropped to my knees and couldnt breath, when you are at my age and NOT in a serious relationship with someone and dont have a steady job and still in school, are you ready to carry this responsibility on, as my baby lays in my stomach as only a fetus at not only two weeks old as i type this, i ask myself this question, i quickly told my mom last week two days later after i found out hysterical crying to her in horror because i didnt know what to do, she was mad at the situation knowing that im not serious with this guy, she asked me two questions, either to give it up for adoption or face an abortion, i went to the clinic this past week and i am going to be taking the pills, it makes a person have a miscarriage being that the baby isnt really a baby yet, i dont have to have a surgical abortion, but if i did i might have made a different dicision, till next week when this is all over i am going to be going back and forth with my choice, i havnt left my house, im in a complete daze, i feel like my life is over and im scared as hell for the after feeling, i heard it leaves an emotional and mental scarring on you, i never thought id be faced with this choice, i feel like im doing something sooo wrong even thought people tell me im not, i jus feel horrible and this will be something ill never forget, you learn from mistakes, my baby wasnt a mistake but just wasnt planned, and when im ready to have a baby and keep it i will cherish that child with nothing but love to make up for this experience that im facing my child and i with

i wrote a poem on how i feel if anyone cares to read
thanks for listening to my story cry

if i cried a tear through this
would that mean im weak
i wish you could whisper someting to me
but i cant hear you speak
you may not hava heartbeat
you may not be grown
but sometimes i wake up
and i feel so alone
they say you cant miss something
you never really had
but i can have you, i can
but that decision might be bad
everyone sais be strong
and everything will be fine
but how will i feel
5 years down the line
what if i regret it
what if my choice was wrong
how will i know
when your already gone
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Softee(f): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2006
Wether these pictures are real or not (which they are). That is what abortion looks like. You also seem to be missing my point here. Even if a feotus is only developed into 4 bunched up cells, aborting it you are still killing something that could have been a bouncy baby. My argument is that if you don't know what life is, who are you to make the choice wether a life lives or dies.

And you cannot tell me THESE pictures are not real! (I'm sorry everyone for the unpleasant pictures but this is real life)
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Gotutripin: 6:08am On Feb 28, 2006
Listen i dont know you and honestly i wouldnt ever wanna, your a horrible person, you really are, i went to the clinic to go sign papers and their were people like you outside, they didnt know my situation and they didnt know me how many days old i was pregnant, and you know what i did to them i went back at them and gave them my opinion on how i felt, because do they have nothin better to do then make other people feel like shit, like seriously your a horribly mean person inside, if i was 3 months pregnant i would completely agree with you head on, im against surgical abortion to a certain extent of the month a girl is in in her pregnancy, im literally a couple of days pregnant, and i have gone over it with my mom, and even my mom said im making the right decision because of the stage im in in the pregnancy, im catholic and i know God will forgive me and if you seriously live your life trying to put down people and searching on the internet for pictures to make people feel horrible about themselves, then you need serious therapy because you have issues, i know im not a bad person and your not goona make me or anyone in my situation feel like a bad person, you dont know what its like that im going through right now, emotional and mental shit, i dont fuckin need you tryin to make me feel even more worse about this, i made a mistake, and i am making up for it every morning i wake up, you have every right to your opinion but dont push pictures like that in peoples faces, thats something YOU shouldnt be forgiven for
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by 2cantango(f): 6:17am On Feb 28, 2006
Gotutripin:

i went to the clinic this past week and i am going to be taking the pills,

What pills are you taking? RU 486?

Has anyone here seen the film "The Silent Scream"? It's a REAL account of an abortion that took place when the fetus was approx 11 weeks. An ultrasound machine was placed on the abdomen of a woman undergoing an abortion, and the results were video taped.

Another film called "Eclipse Of Reason" is also REAL. This film was made using a fetuscope, which is a long optical instrument with a lens at one end and a strong light at the other. The fetuscope was inserted into the womb of a woman at 19-1/2 weeks, and a camera was clamped on the eyepiece and then the abortionist went to work.

This procedure was known as a D&E (dilation and evacuation). It involves dilating the cervix, rupturing the bag of waters, taking a large crushing instrument and introducing it way high up into the uterus, grabbing a piece of the baby, pulling it off the baby, and just repeating this procedure until the baby has been pulled apart piece by piece.

Then the pieces are assembled on a table, put together like a jigsaw puzzle, so the abortionist can be sure that the entire baby has been removed. We photographed all this through the fetuscope. This is a shattering film.

Here is a graphic account of what takes place in "Eclipse Of Reason",

The message of the film is primarily centered on second and
third trimester abortions--that is, those done after the third
month and up until the ninth month. The video begins with a casual
questioning of a number of men and women on the street. How late
into pregnancy is abortion permitted? They reply, "up until three
months." -- another, "up until four." -- the highest, "up until
five months."

When told it is legal until birth, they show disbelief and
astonishment. Then we meet Dr. Nathanson and learn the technical
facts about the how-to and the how-many of mid and late trimester
abortions. The film then moves to a woman on a surgical table who
is about 4 1/2 months pregnant. A fetoscope is inserted into her
womb, and the camera's eye looks inside.

There we see a perfectly formed hand with fingers and
fingernails. Now the camera scans up the arm, elbow, and to the
head, stops and looks at an ear and then moves around to the nose
and mouth, watching flecks of material move in and out as the baby
breathes the fluid in and out.

Then the film travels down the fetal abdomen and we clearly
see his little male organs. Then back up to the face and a good
look at his closed eyes, and there is more.

Now the camera exits her womb and looks down at the table. We
scan the instrument table, and then to the abortionist's position
to look into the exposed mouth of her womb. We watch as the
abortionist inserts a long-handled, pliers-like instrument, grabs
part of the baby and tears that part of the baby's body away.

Mercifully, we get only a few short shots of this live
dismemberment process, but it's enough. We get the picture very
clearly.

The abortionist pauses as he removes a part to give us a
closer freeze-frame look at part of the baby's rib cage. Then
another shot of a bloody pile of pieces on the table. The camera
then zooms back in on another freeze-frame -- a forearm with a hand
sticking up. Enough is enough! And the film moves on.

Without doubt, this is a very graphic film, as is evident.
But it is an accurate portrayal of the mid-trimester dilatation and
dismemberment method.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Gotutripin: 7:02am On Feb 28, 2006
yeah im takin RU 486
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Grizzly(m): 8:12am On Feb 28, 2006
@ Softee.,.,that was cool. tell em, let em see what they doin, and can someone tell nferyn 2 shut the heck up n not keep going on n on, wut he mean the pic could be faked angry Damn!!
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Softee(f): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2006
Gotutripin:

Listen i don't know you and honestly i wouldnt ever want to, your a horrible person, you really are, i went to the clinic to go sign papers and their were people like you outside, they didnt know my situation and they didnt know me how many days old i was pregnant, and you know what i did to them i went back at them and gave them my opinion on how i felt, because do they have nothin better to do then make other people feel like rubbish, like seriously your a horribly mean person inside, if i was 3 months pregnant i would completely agree with you head on, im against surgical abortion to a certain extent of the month a girl is in in her pregnancy, im literally a couple of days pregnant, and i have gone over it with my mom, and even my mom said im making the right decision because of the stage im in in the pregnancy, im catholic and i know God will forgive me and if you seriously live your life trying to put down people and searching on the internet for pictures to make people feel horrible about themselves, then you need serious therapy because you have issues, i know im not a bad person and your not goona make me or anyone in my situation feel like a bad person, you don't know what its like that im going through right now, emotional and mental rubbish, i don't fuckin need you tryin to make me feel even more worse about this, i made a mistake, and i am making up for it every morning i wake up, you have every right to your opinion but don't push pictures like that in peoples faces, thats something YOU shouldnt be forgiven for

My intention was not to make you feel bad or put you down. My intension was to prevent another life being taken away. I'm warning others who think abortion is right. Im sorry if i upset you. But i think that the truth about abortion needs to come out. If nobody saw these pictures people will not know the horrific truth about abortion. The truth of the matter is, it can save a life, wouldn't that be better?

I am also a born-again christian and putting you down will be the last thing i will want to do. I can understand why you called me a mean person because that is what it seems like to you but you have totally got it wrong. If a mother that is going to abort sees these pictures and decides she is not going to abort and shows all her friends and they share similar opinions and so on, this can save MANY MANY lives.

Once again my full appologies for making you feel bad. Only God understands what you are going through and he will surely bless you after the darkness.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Grizzly(m): 9:44am On Feb 28, 2006
*Sniffs and dabs at teary eyes*.,.,that was touching
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by alheri(f): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2006
I was too scared to watch the video clip 2cantango. I get really emotinal sometimes and I know watching might make me unable to sleep for sometime.
Hello Gotutripin, I dont think it was softees intention to make you feel bad. I think he did well sharing the info and pics with us all. I now have an entirely different view about all this. If you read my earlier posts, you'll see that I have even gone with a friend when she went to get an abortion, though I wouldnt do it, I wasnt entirely agaisnt it. I never knew it was so gory. Since youve made your decision to go ahead with it, may God see you through and I hope you come out of this unharmed.
Anyway, now youve learnt alot from this experience and I know you'll make better choices next time. Do take care of yourself and God bless.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by 2cantango(f): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2006
Gotutripin:

yeah im takin RU 486

cry I've done a bit of research on the effects of taking this drug, I'm prayin' for you sweetie. I'm sorry you didn't have more support around you.

You are right, God will forgive you. Maybe you should share your story with more young women, so they too will know the emotional effects of making that decision. It might just be what they need to hear to change their minds. Maybe this is also a good time for us all to remember that though we all make mistakes, it's important to show God that we've learned from them, and make sure we don't repeat the mistake ever again. I'm NOT implying that you would have another abortion in the future, I'm talking in broad terms to all who confess to be Christian, Catholic, whatever religion, and yet still engage in pre-marital sex. It's the pre-marital sex that leads to most abortions.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by whitesoftx(m): 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2006
Thou shall not kill  lipsrsealed

He who abort is a liquidator, A criminal who commits homicide (who performs the unlawful premeditated killing of another human being).

Now, should we abolish death penalty for somebody that abort or not? . Check those pictures in the fore-thread before you conclude! I'm waiting for a response!
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Gotutripin: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2006
Nah dont get it wrong people, i do have support around me, my parents are there for me 100% and so are all my friends, i have everybody important their for me helpin me with what to do, im from New York im NOT from the south, i know probally half of you are from the south, am i right? your the ones who have alot to say about this, sorry im not going through 9 months of pregnancy with a guy who doesnt even want the baby, im only a week pregnant, its not even a baby yet, thats why im doing this early, 2 months pregnant and yeah then i completely agree with you, but when its 4 balls of cells its not similiar AT ALL to the pictures your showing me, you wanna go talk to a girl 2 or 3 months pregnant when the baby is actually a baby, then go ahead do ya thing i completely support you on that, but when i went to get the ultrasound and they couldnt even see anything yet, thats how early it is, i dont think im a murderer, my family is with me 100% on this and that doesnt make them bad, that makes them supportive and good people in my favor, i appreciate your condesending and ignorant comments people, but im NOT a bad person and you need to realize how far along i am in this pregnancy before you make your comments, i will never put myself in this situation EVER again, unless im married, and i learned from it big time, and im going to be scarred from it, so thanks for being understanding to the people who are being understanding but for the people who are tryin to be smart about something they dont even know what the hell their fukin talking bout, thanks to you too
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Softee(f): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2006
Gotutripin,

I understand you but you have got to understand that the pictures was not directed at you. I just put them there for people to see the cruelness of abortion. My friend recently had an abortion. I would never put her down or any one in the same situation because i love her and care for her. But the fact of the matter is im not against the people who have abortions, infact im not against anyone, i just feel sorry for the lives that are gone.

I wish you all the best in future and remember that God luvz u!
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by 2cantango(f): 4:27am On Mar 01, 2006
Gotutripin,

I'm sorry if you think that all comments here are directed at you, this thread is about abortion, it's not about you personally. I'm also sorry that if you think I'm being condesending in any way, I just don't understand why parents or family would support their daughter/relative taking RU 486 when it is known to be a dangerous drug. Women have died from taking RU 486, then there are others who have had major health problems later in life, and some who can't ever get pregnant again, just from taking this drug. I know you must feel like there is no one here who understands you or the situation you are in, and maybe that's because we don't know all the facts. I don't 'personally' see that your age should be a factor in your decision. That is just my opinion. Just like Softee, I'm not against women who have abortions, nor do I hate anyone. I'm just doing my part to speak out against what happens to those without a voice. It is my 'opinion' that from the moment of conception, the fetus is human. It will become human, not anything else, if left alone. A potential human has as much right to life as every human walking on this earth. Once again, just my opinion.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Gotutripin: 5:30am On Mar 01, 2006
well lets put it this way, if i have this baby i hafta move out of my house, which i dont have money to do that or a place to move to, it jus wouldnt work out, i also have different opinions about the pill, also at this moment i havnt taken the pills yet and am not schedueled to be taking them till saturday but i think right now i am going through a miscarriage which is scaring me cause im having heavy blood come out of me, this is too much stress, i will never put myself in this situation ever again
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Lateefah: 11:36am On Mar 02, 2006
According to the holy books (Quran & Bible), it is a great sin to abort. And for me i dont think there's anything like unwanted pregnancy. Finally, anyone who abort is a murderer except for special cases.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Gotutripin: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2006
yoo biatchh kiss my ass, god forgives people for mistakes that are made, and im not a murderer ur a d u m b kunt!! =)
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Softee(f): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2006
Gotutripin,

Why are you starting trouble with innocent people that think abortion is murder? May i remind you that this forum was not made for you but for opinions on abortion and if thats lateefah's opinion, whats that got to do with you? Your acting like a 10 year old now. Yes God forgives but that language is not nice
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Lateefah: 9:15am On Mar 04, 2006
Softee,

Yeah thanks so much Softee, one thing Gotutripin dont understand is that is true that God forgives but HE dont forgive an intentionally commited sin. Let her say whatever she likes, I will still stand on my point that "aborting is a sin and whoever aborts is a murderer"
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Grizzly(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2006
@ Gotutripin, now u got me angry angry I dont bloody damn give a silly f*ck if them pics were directed at yo ass or not. i'm directing them at u now!!! i dont also care if u not ready for a child or not, or if u dont got no money., abortion cant be negociated. to think pips in NL was rallying round u, tryna support n u sit ur pathethic bit+h ass sumwhere swearing @ a broda! blow u! angry
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Softee(f): 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2006
Grizzly,

No, No, please do not stoop to her level. It is not worth it. Now you yourself are getting angry. Quite frankly this girl has no respect for others so let her keep on cussing people out that don't share her opinion. God will deal with her.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by 2cantango(f): 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2006
@ Softee
Amen!

@Grizzly
Come here an' gimme a hug smiley
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Grizzly(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2006
@ Softee, i couldnt believe she could write a thing like that, but its ok, ,@ 2cantango, u got it (Gives her a bear hug)
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by 2cantango(f): 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2006
@Grizzly, *snuggles in for a big squeeze*
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Gotutripin: 3:24am On Mar 06, 2006
, and i love you for that grin
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Anoushka(f): 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2006
I consider abortion a serious sin.Think about it,in this day and age if Mary(mother of Jesus)said she concieved immaculately, they would say she is lying and probably make her get an abortion.It is not for us to determine which child lives or dies.It is murder no matter how we try to sugar coat it,it is the prevention of a beings continuity and coming into the world.If you were stupid enough to get preggers(not in the case of rape though),them you have to face the consequences, I did!!!.I got unexpectedly pregnant last year(my final year in Uni and had the choice of an abortion but it was never an option.All the people that looked down on me then love my child to bits.If he(my son)is a mistake,he is the best and most fabulous mistake i've ever made.The father at the time was very upset and tried to push me to abort but now he loves our son to bits and says he cant imagine life without him.When i look into his eyes i just think of what i would be missing if i had aborted him now that i know him.
My friend got pregers with twins not long after i had my babay and she had an aborttion despite my pleas.These children didnt ask us to have sex without protection so whatever happens is our problem and fault not theirs.In the case of rape,what i think is that you can get the best out of the worst,come out and say although i've been through this horrible experience at least i came out with a wonderful gift.I think i'll love the child more if anything(i guess i cant really say cause it has not and will not happen to me in Jesus name,Amen).I want to even start a delegation/campaign against abortions,it is MURDER!
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Anoushka(f): 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2006
after that i went to get my son and i'm breasfeeding him and looking into his eyes,thankful to God for helping me make the best decision ever!I love him even more(didnt know that was possible).Please Dont have an Abortion, EVER!you will surely regret it
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by eveseh(f): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2006
yes it's murder,to me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility / Checkout This Adorable Photos Of Sleeping Twins. / Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.