Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,995 members, 7,931,425 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:17 AM

Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone (1434 Views)

Security Operatives To Arrest Felix Obuah, PDP Boss / Bode George Contributed To Our Defeat –PDP Boss / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by omamokta: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2011
For parents, teachers and students of British Nigerian Academy, Abuja, February 19th this year was an unforgettable day.
It was the day the National Vice Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), South East, Olisa Metu invaded the school in a convoy and allegedly beat up the school’s Vice Principal, Mr Kola Pele for seizing his son’s telephone handset.
National Life gathered that Metu’s son, Derrick, an ex-student of the school, had turned up in the school to see his friends.
Being a former student of the institution, the younger Metu was well aware that students are forbidden from using phones while in the school, yet he reportedly gave a phone to one of his friends during the visit.
The development was reported to the Vice Principal who seized the phone.
Derrick’s mother, who accompanied her son during the visit, was said to have pleaded with the Vice Principal to release her son’s phone without success.
Determined to retrieve the handset at all costs, Mrs Metu reportedly placed a call to her husband, who drove to the school in company of his aides.
It is claimed that he drove in a convoy of three Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), rousing the curiosity of parents who were around to visit their wards.
The PDP chieftain allegedly made straight for the Vice Principal’s office, screaming on top of his voice and demanded for the seized handset.
The VP, it was gathered, said the seized handset was with the proprietress of the school.
Not satisfied with the response, Metu was said to have called the proprietress, threatening to pull down the roof of the institution if they failed to produce his son’s handset.
It was gathered that Chief Metu then dragged the hapless Vice Principal upstairs to the Proprietress’ office.
“There, the man was given the beating of his life as he resisted the release of the phone”, an eyewitness informed National Life.
Metu was allegedly joined by his aides in beating the Vice Principal, who despite the beating insisted on respecting the school’s written rules.
But unable to withstand further beatings, the 67-year-old educationist acceded to his request and took them to his office where he kept the phone.
The ugly episode, according to our source, took place in the presence of students and parents, which further humiliated the Vice Principal.
But Metu’s version of what transpired was quite different from this.
When National Life first called him on his mobile phone, he categorically denied being at the school on the said day.
He said he was in the East for the President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign and that there was no way he could have been at the school. Not once or twice did he state that he was not there and that it was his aides who were there.
He also stated that the 67-year old man was not beaten but that they tried to show him that “there was difference between discipline and cruelty.”
He called our reporter for a meeting to clarify the issue, agreeing to be recorded.
He changed his story, claiming that he did not want to talk and that his friend owns the school and the proprietress of the school was his friend’s wife and that he would not say anything that would bring down the school.
After a lot of exchanges, he lost his cool and revealed how his wife was allegedly abused by the school’s Vice Principal who, according to him, had no right to seize his son’s phone.
He also changed his earlier statement where he denied visiting the school on the day of the incident.
While denying beating the 67-year-old teacher, Metu disclosed that he was swimming when his wife called him to inform him of what happened.
He immediate called the Proprietress who promised to speak with the Vice Principal.
He confirmed that he indeed led the old man upstairs to the proprietress’ office after he had directed that his orderly seize the man’s phone and keys. Metu swore he did not touch the man.
http://www.thenationallifeonline.com
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by omamokta: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2011
When i read i saw the topic, i suspected its Olisa Metu they were talking about without even reading the whole story. This guy is turning himself to a gangster. At his age and status he should have acting better, in the estate where he lives at prince and princess in Abuja, he is a thug and beats the occupants of the estate at the slightest provocation. He does the beating personally with his aides and policemen watching their boss demonstrating how cruel he could be. I am sorry for this country if the likes of Barr Olisa Metu is allowed to control its affair.
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2011
Ndigbo kwenu! grin

Kwezuenu! grin

1 Like

Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by friedrice1: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2011
Jonathan's campaign coordinator in the South East, PDP, We hail thee! grin grin grin
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by Fogman(m): 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2011
Power drunk
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by Donmeca(m): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2011
This is bad and I feel like fighting this Metu guy . . .mayb cos my parents are teachers wink I can imagine what I will do if any of them falls victim of this high-handedness-- Metu wud av been in d National Hospital by now (with spinal cord injury).

ziddy:

Ndigbo kwenu! grin

Kwezuenu! grin

Now that was uncalled for.
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by Areosapien(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2011
Ndigbo kwenu! grin

Kwezuenu! grin

Unintentional dullard.
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2011
Is this realy true? In a normal society, pdp will surely loose elections if thugs like this Metu guy are not publicly disowned!
Oh my God, i can just feel fo the VP, he wanted to keep the rules and regulations of his constituency but see what the vagabonds-in-power had done to him.
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by seanet02: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2011
Fogman:

Power drunk
Madness
Re: Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone by bjbukzy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
lalastica seun abeg carry this tin go frontpage!
karma just served metuh a sumptuous meal

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Faulty Strategy / Rochas Okorocha Is The Choice Of Imolites,ohakim Should Park And Go / Ibb Says Nigeria’ll Be Doomed W/o Zoning - More Like Ibb & Pdp Doomed W/o Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.