Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,199 members, 7,887,498 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:45 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army (75587 Views)

Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF / UK Parliament Debates #EndSARS Crisis / Yunusa Yellow: Bashir Ahmad Promises To Intervene In The Case Of Conviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by obilokechukwu(m): 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Naijaguy12345:
How many would you give Okezie Ikpeazu ? I tried to find an Iboo leader i can not think of one. Your people are not interested in producing a president or a leader, you are only interested in pulling down a yoruba man thats interested in climbing to the top.
mr man point of correction we are not here to produce a leader, ibo has mature to produce a country not some bad leader or bad government. we are more than leaders. our vision right now is to have own country as biafara not nigeria. so yoruba or hausa will not tell you are not an indigen.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Fcwilly: 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Small small truth is coming out, hide Sanwo Olu go soon ran away from Lagos like the Oba of Lagos that run from his palace
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by openmine(m): 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
21/10/2020
ARMY: No military personnel was at lekki tollgate on Tuesday! Any contrary opinion is FAKE NEWS

hours later.......

ARMY: The video footage showing military presence at the lekki tollgate was PHOTOSHOPPED and must be regarded as FAKE NEWS!

21/10/2020
Governor babajide sanwolu: The military personnel that was at the lekki tollgate were acting on FORCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL

27/10/2020
ARMY: Lagos Govt Invited Us To Intervene In #endsars Crisis

Oga army una welldone ohhh sad sad

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ikeyman00(m): 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
abeg abeg abeg black people i no say una wicked well well na somebody love ones got shot o no bi chicken

na beg i dey beg

may una help me ask Lagos Governor the reason he came to conclusion that the video is constructed and change his mind in less than 18 hours to admit to white people that the shooting was real

for all yall on #5,000 boring us with rubbish na beg we dey beg we need answer to that question
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ogun has been fasting since day before yesterday, it is about time to devour some meal.

as all of you criminals are now confusing urselves, make Ogun destroy una lives now now.

Ogun kill all of una dia.

thunder destroy una.

e no go better for all of una.

Ogun kill all of you together.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by obilokechukwu(m): 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
the truth what happen on toll gate will not review now. it review in the future or after the regim of buhari and his followers. what goes up will surely come down. he that kill by gun shall die by gun.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by suxy(m): 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
Naijaguy12345:
How many would you give Okezie Ikpeazu ? I tried to find an Iboo leader i can not think of one. Your people are not interested in producing a president or a leader, you are only interested in pulling down a yoruba man thats interested in climbing to the top.

Must you attribute everything to tribal sentiment??

What's the relationship between ikpeazu or any Igbo to what the write up is all about??....even if to you this commenter ur tackling is deviating must you join him in going awfully AWOL??
Atleast make una dey use brain at times....peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by petitejolie(f): 11:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
At first they said they were not there now they re saying dey were invited to intervene. Okay oooo. Sanwaolu, buhari, tinubu, burutai, and every single soldier that was dere on that day, i have tabled your matter before the highest court of immortals. They will judge fairly and squarely.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Connoisseur(m): 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
lilmax:
Lol

All of them just dey sing different songs grin

On the contrary

They sing the same song, different artists
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Daprinxy(m): 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2020
Naijaguy12345:
honestly,your comments here always irritates and disgusts me alot and I do ask myself whether you're a human being at all or a slowpoke,whether you have a conscience at all or a dead being...there's time to talk and a time to keep mute buh you always here,defending indefensible, defending evil and defending satanist(s) just because of a little token of less than $100 you do get every month and you ain't ashamed of your damn self eeh?people you always defend,knows not about your existence,people or person you always defend,bring too much curses upon you and your generations and you think is a play or a joke.people or person you always defend,their children or his children are living large abroad buh you always here receiving unnecessary curses just because you don't wanna make use of your demented brain..always read to jump on anybody that criticise all these demonic and wicked politicians especially tinubu and you ain't tired or ashamed of your dead silly self eeh?well,you,your tinubu,your ikpeazu and the rest of all the demonic nigerian politicians will end up soonest and you in particular and your likes here,will drop dead this year if you fail to repent or change because you guys are very very terrible...95% of people in diaspora are fighting for a better life for you guys down there buh evil people like you always have some silly negative wicked things to say in other to scuttle their good works in liberating sane guys there in Nigeria even to the extend of defending them against what they did to people's children,husbands,wives,sisters,brothers,uncles and aunts.soldiers killed and took away the dead bodies to cover the evidence of their massacred and you dead beings have the temerity and guts to laugh at the dead,to talked down at the dead,to cause more harm,hurt,sadness,sorrow and pains to their loved ones...I say to you today been the 27th of October that since you defend evil and wickedness,may everyday of your living turns to sorrows,pains,agony,hurt,sadness and may your end come this year except you repent or change,if not,you or your love ones"must"taste dead this year and it likely will come through the actions and inactions of this your evil government (politicians,be it PDP or APC) directly or indirectly and it certianly"must"happen this year....a word is always enough for the wise...wouldn't reply you because I don't talk or reply to some lunatic or consciousnessless silly slowpokes like you...damn!!!!

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by suxy(m): 12:00am On Oct 28, 2020
The truth is the soldiers came to waste the protesting youths with the help of LASG that was why the removed the CCTV cameras and also turned off the lights at the toll gate.....but they ran out of luck cos someone was able to capture them on camera, assuming nobody captured them on camera they wouldn't even say a single word concerning this subject matter.... they're trying to save face now but it's fucking too late
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by alfredilly: 12:00am On Oct 28, 2020
Kirchoffs:
LOOK AT THE EVIL MEDIA THUGS HIRED TO FALSIFY EVIDENCE OF DEATH AND MASSACRE

Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanSek
Franzinni
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester

Look at this monikers above , they are people hired to spill hate and spread hatred by the Northern oligarchy and BMC campaign....

They use divide and rule tactics to subjugate the south........They have over 200 MONIKERS here on Nairaland.....

They have numerous Facebook Instagram Twitter handles with Yoruba and Igbo names......This people are mostly of northern extraction....

They are the same people who rejoiced when our brother and sisters were shot dead at lekki....They are the same people spreading rumors and sowing seeds of discord that it's the Igbos that wanna burn lagos......

Recollect your thoughts don't get caught up in the mix cos the Northern oligarchy controlled media is full of dirty tricks. .

No more dividing southerners...

Thank God you did not add my name to the list this time around. But on the claim that Igbo people were alleged to have cause the destruction and looting in Lagos, I think it is nothing further from the truth. Igbo have consistently sustain an anti Tinubu campaign here. This is despite the obvious that the political office holders of south east are incompetent and corrupt. They will use Buhari to defend Jonathan. They even accuse Yoruba of aiding Buhari to power.

On this night of the Lekki shooting, fake video were peddled, fact were distorted and unfounded allegations were made to arose public anger against Tinubu. The shameful situation even saw bloggers claiming Seyi Tinubu had admitted to removing the CCTV camera. What purpose were these propaganda aimed at serving if not a sentiment to incite Lagos against Tinubu and causing destruction to public and private properties in Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Camfoodsinhouse(f): 12:00am On Oct 28, 2020
It's well.......

Pls check my signature for your trusted brands of cereals beverages beverage
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ABANA80: 12:03am On Oct 28, 2020
Curfew was initially announced by d Gov. to commenced by 4:00pm but later changed by d same Gov. to 9:00pm after d massacre had been carried out based it on d fact dt people may find it difficult to get home due to traffic... hmmm.

With time we shall know d truth...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ogbosun: 12:04am On Oct 28, 2020
Nawoooo, noting musa no go hear for dis 9ja
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ibedun: 12:05am On Oct 28, 2020
Daprinxy:
honestly,your comments here always irritates and disgusts me alot and I do ask myself whether you're a human being at all or a slowpoke,whether you have a conscience at all or a dead being...there's time to talk and a time to keep mute buh you always here,defending indefensible, defending evil and defending satanist(s) just because of a little token of less than $100 you do get every month and you ain't ashamed of your damn self eeh?people you always defend,knows not about your existence,people or person you always defend,bring too much curses upon you and your generations and you think is a play or a joke.people or person you always defend,their children or his children are living large abroad buh you always here receiving unnecessary curses just because you don't wanna make use of your demented brain..always read to jump on anybody that criticise all these demonic and wicked politicians especially tinubu and you ain't tired or ashamed of your dead silly self eeh?well,you,your tinubu,your ikpeazu and the rest of all the demonic nigerian politicians will end up soonest and you in particular and your likes here,will drop dead this year if you fail to repent or change because you guys are very very terrible...95% of people in diaspora are fighting for a better life for you guys down there buh evil people like you always have some silly negative wicked things to say in other to scuttle their good works in liberating sane guys there in Nigeria even to the extend of defending them against what they did to people's children,husbands,wives,sisters,brothers,uncles and aunts.soldiers killed and took away the dead bodies to cover the evidence of their massacred and you dead beings have the temerity and guts to laugh at the dead,to talked down at the dead,to cause more harm,hurt,sadness,sorrow and pains to their loved ones...I say to you today been the 27th of October that since you defend evil and wickedness,may everyday of your living turns to sorrows,pains,agony,hurt,sadness and may your end come this year except you repent or change,if not,you or your love ones"must"taste dead this year and it likely will come through the actions and inactions of this your evil government (politicians,be it PDP or APC) directly or indirectly and it certianly"must"happen this year....a word is always enough for the wise...wouldn't reply you because I don't talk or reply to some lunatic or consciousnessless silly slowpokes like you...damn!!!!

JUST SHUT UP!!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ikeyman00(m): 12:06am On Oct 28, 2020
Thank God you did not add my name to see the around. But on the claim that Igbo people were alleged to have cause the destruction and looting in Lagos, I think it is nothing further from the truth. Igbo have consistently sustain an anti Tinubu campaign here. This is despite the obvious that the political office holders of south east are incompetent and corrupt. They will use Buhari to defend Jonathan. They even accuse Yoruba of aiding Buhari to power.

On this night of the Lekki shooting, fake video were peddled, fact were distorted and unfounded allegations were to arose public anger against Tinubu. The shameful situation even saw bloggers claiming Seyi Tinubu had admitted to removing the CCTV camera. What purpose were these propaganda aimed at serving if not a sentiment to incite Lagos against Tinubu.

you are talking rubbish; u seriously believe you are making sense but No you are not. There are millions of yoruba in fb that will unfriend your useless self for printing rubbish. The world has moved on and WE are not in the same league MR lie peddler

Ahah before i forget i hope in the next 12 hour no human head is chopped off in Ogun State
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by fof1: 12:07am On Oct 28, 2020
Nemere2020:
BREAKING: Army denies shooting #EndSARS protesters

The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army (NA) has denied allegation soldiers opened fire on #ENDSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Plaza last Tuesday.

In a statement by the Acting Director Army Public Relations (ADPR), Major Osoba Olaniyi, the Division however confirmed the involvement of soldiers in restoring order in Lagos following the declaration of curfew by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The Nation reports this is the first time the division is speaking about the incident that occurred last week.

It said: “The attention of Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army has been drawn to a viral video on social media in which it was alleged that civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza. This allegation is untrue, unfounded and aimed at causing anarchy in the country.

“At no time did soldiers of the Nigerian Army open fire on any civilian. From the onset of the ENDSARS protest, there was no time personnel of 81 Division Nigerian Army Lagos were involved.

“However, the decision to call in the military was taken by the Lagos State Government (LASG) after a 24- hour curfew was imposed.

“This was as a result of the violence which led to several police stations being burnt, policemen killed, suspects in police custody released and weapons carted away.

“The situation was fast degenerating into anarchy. It was at this point that LASG requested for the military to intervene in order to restore normalcy.

“The intervention of the military followed all laid down procedures for Internal Security operations and all the soldiers involved acted within the confines of the Rules of Engagement (ROE) for Internal Security operations.

“Finally, Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army reiterates Nigerian Army in the discharge of its constitutional responsibilities did not shoot at any civilian as there are glaring and convincing evidence to attest to this fact.

“This allegation is the hand work of mischief makers who will stop at nothing to tarnish the image of the Nigerian Army. The general public is hereby enjoined to discountenance this allegation as there is no iota of truth therein.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-army-denies-shooting-endsars-protesters/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

IS THIS INVITATION AND YOUR INVOLVEMENT BEFORE D LEKKITOLLGATE MASSACRE OR DURING THE LOOTING SPREE?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ProT: 12:15am On Oct 28, 2020
Weyrey!

Nigerian Army get image?
Let alone the one to be tarnished.

Image una don destroy taytay!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by sweetrace(f): 12:20am On Oct 28, 2020
Finally!!! This makes more sense than the senseless rubbish I have been reading online. Unknown persons claim about 70 people were killed at Lekki toll gate. Yet No blood at the toll gate! Are the people zombies that don’t bleed? Where are their bodies? What are the names of the dead? Social media will name a person as having died at the toll gate. The person will come online with a disclaimer! Who ever is behind this is trying to set the country ablaze. Going from state to state to cause mayhem and death. Luckily for the trouble makers, the average Nigerian does not think for themselves. They like to follow the popular opinion.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by chaloskyx: 12:23am On Oct 28, 2020
HOW WONT HE BE THE C&C WHEN THE REAL COMMANDER IN CHIEF IS DEAD
Throwback:
You mean the Governor of Lagos State is the C-in-C of the Nigerian Armed Forces?

Where is the evidence of the invitation?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Born2Breed(f): 12:27am On Oct 28, 2020
Tell us how many bodies you took away
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 28, 2020
This whole #EndSARS saga was turned into a witch-hunting agenda against tinubu and sanwolu who both don't control the army, unknownly with help from anti-tinubu individuals from a certain part of the country the northern cabal after sponsoring attacks on Southwest Nigeria and redherrings on other parts now shifts the blame to the South western leader.
Sanwolu may fall.
Tinubu may fall.
But just like Jonathan fell and was replaced by an oppressor. Tinubu's replacement will be far worse and who cheer at his fall will suffer greatly at the hand of his replacement, just like buhari oppressed them by strangling their import business, so will tinubu's replacement by taxing out their life.
Them go see
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by chaloskyx: 12:27am On Oct 28, 2020
I GUESS THE FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT TO ABSOLVE THEMSELVES OF THIS SHITSTORM HAVE DECIDED TO USE SANWOLU AS A PAWN TO TAKE THE FALL AFTERALL HE KUKU CANT WIN A 2ND TERM WITH ALL HE HAS DONE SO HE IS WORTLESS
africandollar:
Lol...Buhari wan kukuma finish Tinubu. Na lie, na Buhari (and likely Tinubu) order the massacre. Kipkwayet!

Sanwo-Olu initially quipped that it was due to 'forces beyond their (States) control' so what does that tell you? cry
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by jaxxy(m): 12:32am On Oct 28, 2020
Throwback:
You mean the Governor of Lagos State is the C-in-C of the Nigerian Armed Forces?

So the army ordered themselves?? Obviously Lagos state government can order them based on federal might influence.

There’s already a leaked recording of sanwolu admitting inviting the army bt they came earlier than planned. It’s very complicated now. Like adeboye himself said earlier.

The question now is will sanwolu take the fall or through tinubu his boss under the bus.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by calcal: 12:34am On Oct 28, 2020
delpee:
That is no reason to shoot directly at protesters in my humble opinion. Someone being shot in the chest area creates an impression. If you're invited to maintain peace and enforce a curfew, bullets should be the last on the consideration list of the rules of engagement.

The sight of a military truck full of soldiers is enough to make most people scamper for safety anyway. Unfortunately, the Governor has no control over the rules of engagement. Besides, the shooting happened before the curfew commenced.

I wish that the youth had listened to wise counsel for them to retreat and restrategise once the FG accepted their request. Sometimes you have to retreat to fight greater battles and win the war.

Yorubas say "moja, mosa la fi nmo akinkanju ogun". (Not sure I got it perfectly right.)

that's why you need ---

1. Emergency Survival Safety Respiratory Gas Mask Goggles &2 Dual Protection Filter - on ebay $20

2. Hard Hat SL Series Cap Style Job Site Safety Construction Worker Pink. - on ebay $9

3. 5X40 Infrared Dark Night Vision IR Monocular Binoculars Telescopes 8GB DVRA10 for commander

4. ordinary night vision for others.

5. Laser pointer

6. Flashlight
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by chaloskyx: 12:34am On Oct 28, 2020
READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES THE ONLY PERSON WHO THE MILITARY OBEYS IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF (PRESIDENT) HOWEVER SINCE ITS QUITE OBVIOUS WE DONT HAVE A PRESIDENT AS HE IS DEAD THE ARMY IS WITH NO LEADER ALSO THE SAME REASON IS WHY IT TOOK THE PRESIDENT OF A NATION DAYS BEFORE HE SPOKE ABOUT THE KILLINGS............THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS BUHARI IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stanisbaratheon:
So governors now have the power to order military.

This country is truly on the brink.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by BigBashiru: 12:46am On Oct 28, 2020
vibbb:
I knw breeze will blow and we will all see the yanshi of d fowl.
Same army that said they are not present at Lekki toll gate not to talk of shooting at the protesters,
Same Government that said they did not call for military backup to despise the protesters, hmm God is watching.

Same military that said video was doctored....
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by cherish(m): 12:50am On Oct 28, 2020
delpee:
That is no reason to shoot directly at protesters in my humble opinion. Someone being shot in the chest area creates an impression. If you're invited to maintain peace and enforce a curfew, bullets should be the last on the consideration list of the rules of engagement.

The sight of a military truck full of soldiers is enough to make most people scamper for safety anyway. Unfortunately, the Governor has no control over the rules of engagement. Besides, the shooting happened before the curfew commenced.

I wish that the youth had listened to wise counsel for them to retreat and restrategise once the FG accepted their request. Sometimes you have to retreat to fight greater battles and win the war.

Yorubas say "monja, monsa la fi n mo akinkanju loju ogun". (Not sure I got it perfectly right.)
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 28, 2020
Should we tag this incident as friendly fire, biko let stop the blame game as we are all to be blame. The protesters that refuse to obey curfew,the government that seek intervention with no clear spell out terms, the Army that decide to have selective amnesia on there rules of engagement and lost its temper.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by chukxie(m): 1:22am On Oct 28, 2020
Naijaguy12345:

Comments like yours show Nigerians may NEVER win the war against corrupt politicians, a corrupt system because people like you always find a way to spin the web of tribal sentiments in meaningful conversations. Innocent Nigerians who were craving for true and progressive changes in Nigeria were massacred. Doesn't that mean something to you?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by strangest(m): 1:25am On Oct 28, 2020
Throwback:

so all those army wey dey do bouncers for occasions were invited by Buhari too... abegii

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Peter Obi Didn’t Take Pictures With Simon Ekpa - Vanguard / Meet The First Nigerian Female ISIS Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.