Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Ciroma’s Aide Denies Plot To Poison Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ciroma’s Aide Denies Plot To Poison Jonathan (513 Views)

Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election / MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria / Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ciroma’s Aide Denies Plot To Poison Jonathan by gernded(m): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2011
Ciroma’s aide denies plot to poison Jonathan
By Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja
Monday, 14 Mar 2011

View All (7) Comment(s)
Post Comment
Twitter
Send to friend
A former national youth leader of the Peoples Democratic Party, who is a secretariat worker in the Northern Leaders Political Forum, Mallam Farouk Bibi Farouk, said on Sunday that there was no plan to poison President Goodluck Jonathan.

Farouk, who also served as Director of Youths in the disbanded Atiku Campaign Organisation, was arrested by the State Security Service.

Farouk and the Secretary of the forum, Mallam Bello Abdulkadir, were arrested on Thursday. But while Abdulkardir was released on Friday, Farouk was not.

However, in a statement made available to our correspondent on Sunday, Farouk said operatives of the SSS confronted him with allegation that he was at a meeting where a plan on how to poison the President was hatched.

He said the operatives asked him if there was any plan to poison the president if he wins the presidential election so as to shorten his tenure, an accusation he said he denied.

According to the statement, “I vehemently denied this allegation and still insist that I have not attended any meeting in Kaduna on the said date, and I was not at Kaduna on the said date.

“I also insist that I have never discussed nor participated in a meeting or ever by any chance overheard conservation where such a wicked and malicious allegation was ever discussed in my life.

“I heard of such a thing for the first, that evening in the premises of the State Security Services.

“I was made to write a statement to that effect the following day March 11 2011 in which I rejected this allegation and I gave details of every meeting I could recollect I have attended at Kaduna since last year and the discussion I could recollect that were made in these meeting and the persons I can remember, who attended the these meetings.”

He said he was not allowed to his lawyers while under detention by the SSS, but said he was treated with the “utmost decorum and respect.”

He said he is a secretariat staff of the NLPF and that he also believes in the group’s stand on zoning.

He, however, said he did not habour any personal grudge against President Jonathan.
Re: Ciroma’s Aide Denies Plot To Poison Jonathan by GrayBeard: 9:32am On Mar 14, 2011
lol
Re: Ciroma’s Aide Denies Plot To Poison Jonathan by ZiggyHimself(m): 9:47am On Mar 14, 2011
$100? Highest poster? I dey laugh you, no do wetin nairaland go ban you for. Ole! The site sef Na forum. If e no be panadol, e no fit be anythin lik panadol, So therefore, If e no be Nairaland, e no fit be anythin lik Nairaland,
Your juju dey learn work,

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Banking To Kick Off / Prayer For Pdp Faithfuls / Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.