Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,298 members, 7,971,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:41 PM

Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (11781 Views)

Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief (pics) / Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:09am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

To those brainwashed and enslaved by the white man religion, you have to know that the great OBA OF BENIN is GOD representative on earth for the Great BENIN KINGDOM and all BENDELITES. forget the splitting of Bendel or Midwest into states by selfish element who are out to embezzle oil money.   The great Benin Kingdom spread across modern day benin republic, onitsha, lagos, delta state, parts of bayelsa, parts of kogi, parts of ekiti, ondo etc, Many Nigerians choose to hide this truth cuz they are afraid of benin domination but we are not out to dominate anyone cuz our tradition and culture is sacred for the benin people only. have u forgotten that a Bini man always breaks the kola in a traditional gathering of all ethnic groups in Nigeria? ask your father some questions ma ppl.

My friend, as a Bini who is also proud of his history I implore you to stop over claiming.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

To those brainwashed and enslaved by the white man religion, you have to know that the great OBA OF BENIN is GOD representative on earth for the Great BENIN KINGDOM and all BENDELITES. forget the splitting of Bendel or Midwest into states by selfish element who are out to embezzle oil money.   The great Benin Kingdom spread across modern day benin republic, onitsha, lagos, delta state, parts of bayelsa, parts of kogi, parts of ekiti, ondo etc, Many Nigerians choose to hide this truth cuz they are afraid of benin domination but we are not out to dominate anyone cuz our tradition and culture is sacred for the benin people only. have u forgotten that a Bini man always breaks the kola in a traditional gathering of all ethnic groups in Nigeria? ask your father some questions ma ppl.

I really dont care about the cursing and ish . . . .

But are you for real @ the bolded part? What "godly" power does he possess or has physically shown to possess? I understand that to maintain strong ties with your culture, you need to play deaf and blind (faith) to some practices.

Stating that "others", whom do not follow the same cultural track as yourself, are brainwashed by the white man is as . . . . whatsthatword? . . . . ridiculous as can be. Culture varies from tribe to tribe. While others believe a man can wield a godly power, some believe a sacred idol possess that godly power only needing the tangible body of man to possess.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:24am On Mar 16, 2011
The Oba is considered sacred, but not in some sense of being the "Pope" (God's representative on Earth) of the Edo religion. I don't know where he's getting that from. Maybe he knows something I don't though.  undecided
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by bokohalal(m): 5:47am On Mar 16, 2011
You cannot compare the Benin royal family with any other ruling family in the world. Whether you are Bini or not you respect the Oba of Benin. Agha mie Edo,aghi mie Oba. Agha mie Oba,aghi mie Osanobua. Obanosa!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by kawkab: 6:19am On Mar 16, 2011
The Bini tradition should be respected by his subject. If the tradition says no Prince should be harassed, why not obey it.

The Eriyo guy as a Bini man should should mobilise and go and beg the Oba. he stands to loose in the final analysis, no matter how he goes about it. The Bini respects their tradition a lot, So let him not think he can call the Oba bluff.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2011
@ ikeke - idi, i am for real, read more and you will know what i'm talking about,

@physicsMHD since you decided to be the Oba's enemy (oghionba), it means I'm not your friend, ask questions from your incorruptible fathers and learn more from my earlier comment, For your information, the Oba of Benin still wield authority in Edo kingdoms, Warri kingdom, Onitsha kingdom, Lagos (eko) kingdom, Asaba and so on. Today the Bukingham palace knows that Benin kingdom is for real and not some child's play monarchical system where the king now jump about looking for government contract or even uses thugs to rig election and beat up their wives in the street like what we see all over many kingdoms in nigeria today
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2011
@downlawal, Oba OF BENIN OWNS THE STATE. SAME WAY BRITAIN PAYS QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR SITTINg ON THE THRONE,
YOUR PPL ARE MORE LOVE PEDDLERS IN EUROPE THAN THE BINI PEOPLE, YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE LOVE PEDDLERS IN UK THATS WHY YOU CAN COME HERE AND SAY NONSENSE FROM THE FOR CORNERS OF YOUR MOUTH, THE CURSE IS ON YOU AND ERIYO CUZ YOU INVITED THIS WRATH, LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARE DEAD.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:17am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

@physicsMHD since you decided to be the Oba's enemy (oghionba), it means I'm not your friend, ask questions from your incorruptible fathers and learn more from my earlier comment, For your information, the Oba of Benin still wield authority in Edo kingdoms, Warri kingdom, Onitsha kingdom, Lagos (eko) kingdom, Asaba and so on. Today the Bukingham palace knows that Benin kingdom is for real and not some child's play monarchical system where the king now jump about looking for government contract or even uses thugs to rig election and beat up their wives in the street like what we see all over many kingdoms in nigeria today

For the part in bold. . . proof?

As for the Oba of Benin being God's representative on earth to Binis, I simply have never heard the claim, so it's just lack of exposure on my part, I guess. But if you think that's what people in Benin believe, and if you think that's what my father believes, and if that's what you believe, you're certainly entitled to your view.

You also didn't apologize for misreading my earlier post where I quoted TewMuch.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

To those brainwashed and enslaved by the white man religion, you have to know that the great OBA OF BENIN is[b] G[/b]gOD representative on earth for the Great BENIN KINGDOM and all BENDELITES. forget the splitting of Bendel or Midwest into states by selfish element who are out to embezzle oil money.   The great Benin Kingdom spread across modern day benin republic, onitsha, lagos, delta state, parts of bayelsa, parts of kogi, parts of ekiti, ondo etc, Many Nigerians choose to hide this truth cuz they are afraid of benin domination but we are not out to dominate anyone cuz our tradition and culture is sacred for the benin people only. have u forgotten that a Bini man always breaks the kola in a traditional gathering of all ethnic groups in Nigeria? ask your father some questions ma ppl.
is this guy ok ? Who's afraid of benin dominance ? Abeg go and ask your semi-god oba to tell you where in benin the past obas are buried cuz I know they used to be taken to ile-ife for burial up to 19 century.if you can establish that,then use your common sense to deduce that benin was a vassal state to the yoruba kingdom of ile-ife !
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2011
@physicsMHD, sorry i mis read your post for tewmuch, my Apologia to you. and more grace to your able for defending the truth
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by bokohalal(m): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2011
And let us correct a big misconception about the Oba of Benin and curses.

Let it be known to everyone that the Oba of Benin does not swear or curse. He takes his troubles to the ancestors for resolution.After stating his side of the story he asks the ancestors to judge between Him and his enemy(ies)and that if what is happening was meant to be 'it is good.If not ,the ancestors should act the way they know would be best'.The chiefs and subjects however are at liberty to curse and acting under the Oba's authority to do so. Himself cannot participate in that
assembly of swearing.
Ogie mwan ti ebo. Enikaro ere ien gui ma.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:27am On Mar 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Abeg go and ask your semi-god oba to tell you where in benin the past obas are buried cuz I know they used to be taken to ile-ife for burial up to 19 century.

Are you still on about this?

See here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392592.192.html#msg7920811

The claim is a fabrication.

I also have to ask, if Benin was a vassal state to Ife, why did Ife fail to call up their Benin vassals to save them from being ravaged by the Ibadan/Oyo refugees of Modakeke twice during the 19th century? You would think they would be able to get at least a small Benin protection force or something.  undecided
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

@physicsMHD, sorry i mis read your post for tewmuch, my Apologia to you. and more grace to your able for defending the truth

Thanks.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2011
@Bluetooth, your yoruba lies have eaten so deep in your marrow that your kings have now made mess of your yoruba culture, tribes in nigeria do not believe yoruba story anymore cuz your kings are thugs and liars, Oba of BEnin used to be burried in a place we know as UHE which is part of benin kingdom founded by ekaladerhan your supposed oduduwa, , how on earth yoruba concocted a story that says oduduwa comes from up, and second claim is that oduduwa comes from saudi arabia, to analyse this, you guys where looking for political power from the british and hausas thereby choose to lie your way to the top by twisting history in your favour, everyone knows you guys are betrayal so i'm not surprise at all, only the Oba of lagos still knows the truth which is the version of the Oba of benin,
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by bokohalal(m): 7:35am On Mar 16, 2011
@Bluetooth.He who asserts,must prove. This is a case of when 'a lie is told a thousand times it becomes the truth' is not working( and cannot) because the premise is faulty and the conclusion the same.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 7:37am On Mar 16, 2011
Oba of Benin is greater than the pope (the supposed father of homosexual) either you like it or not, just wait for the last day and you will see that the pope is not a representative of almighty Osanobua.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Are you still on about this?

See here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392592.192.html

The claim is a fabrication.

I also have to ask, if Benin was a vassal state to Ife, why did Ife fail to call up their Benin vassals to save them from being ravaged by the Ibadan/Oyo refugees of Modakeke twice during the 19th century? You would think they would be able to get at least a small Benin protection force or something.
small protection when there is a clear cut lines between yoruba and benin after you guys have distorted history.I have asked you people to show us where in benin they are buried or were their bodies taken to heaven ?
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by chrisemy01: 7:46am On Mar 16, 2011
Forget about d cursing brouhaha. Why d Eriyo man go slap d Prince? Na him first find trouble. Most fellas dont knw d story. If Eriyo hadnt slapped d Prince, the so called 2 dead victims frm d crisis wud ve been alive. Lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

small protection when there is a clear cut lines between yoruba and benin after you guys have distorted history.I have asked you people to show us where in benin they are buried or were their bodies taken to heaven ?

It's actually the other way around. You should show where these Benin kings were buried in Ife since you insist upon it. Or do you actually think the Benin royal family is going to commission archaeologists to invade and violate the tombs of their forefathers in Benin just because of some claim about Ife that was cooked up out of thin air?

Here's a description of the burial place of a king of Benin: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392592.160.html#msg7881337

Here's a picture a 19th century burial place and the shrine around it: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-582176.128.html#msg7866091

I'm not going to continue this argument with you in this thread, because there's already a thread where you can make your views known (preferably in a civil manner), so there's no point discussing this further in this thread.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2011
chrisemy01:

Forget about d cursing brouhaha. Why d Eriyo man go slap d Prince? Na him first find trouble. Most fellas dont knw d story. If Eriyo hadnt slapped d Prince, the so called 2 dead victims frm d crisis wud ve been alive. Lets call a spade a spade.
Case of assault can easily be addressed by a court of law but the problem started when people started attaching undue sentiments to the whole issue.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 8:13am On Mar 16, 2011
if all these commentators don use their mouth chop shit finish, dem go come dey use all kind of words like, i be bini born to born, i be edo man, i be this , i be that, make all of una cover una eyes with shame cuz asiokuoba of benin, u hear me so, i dey talk to vanesa and the rest of you wey thinks say you go fit betray us and get away with it, the blood of ovoramen na him dey na im dey hunt una so, whether you like it or not, agha soghe Edo, Edo orodion, Edo gha so gho vban, Edo orye orodion, Anyone who feels he or she has been brainwashed and thinks our culture is voodoo this or voodoo that, then please make you no come benin or edo state at all otherwise we go use juju kill you finish, and if you think your white man god can save you from blackman god, then you better have your head examined at yaba psychiatric home.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2011
@blacgucci, the roman empire still rules indirectly not only in europe but allover the christian community in the world. where is the seat of pope power, in rome, and people from naija (christian community) pay homage to him . be wise.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by bokohalal(m): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2011
Every Bini knows the history of Benin kingdom and the period before the Obaship.Yours truly was an avid student of a late Enogie whose tenure spanned  that of the past till present Oba of Benin.As children, we listened to stories of Esagho,Evian,Agbado,The Ogisos,Ogiamen and various Obas of Benin and Popular Benin warriors such as Iken, Enekighidi n'ogbelaka and Iyowo,Azagidi,Ise n'Utekon, Asoro, etc.Ekaladerhan was a fascinating story. The Portugese coming to Benin and the betrayal of Oba Ovonranmwen n'Ogbaisi were some of the stories we heard.This Enogie did not attend any formal school but spoke some Portugese.We learnt more than any 'his story' book could ever tell. We learnt the truth about the origin of the Obaship, its faults ,its struggles,Its survival and its glory. Authentic. Almost all Binis know the same stories I know.Some stories we cannot tell publicly so as not to stir tribal conflict.We know how the British suppressed and excluded  the Binis from taking their prime place in Nigeria and West Africa.We know.You can believe in your warped history of Benin but we, the Binis,know the truth. It is not for nothing that we say'Edo o isi agbon.' Because we know it is.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

if all these commentators don use their mouth chop poo finish, dem go come dey use all kind of words like, i be bini born to born, i be edo man, i be this , i be that, make all of una cover una eyes with shame cuz asiokuoba of benin, u hear me so, i dey talk to vanesa and the rest of you wey thinks say you go fit betray us and get away with it, the blood of ovoramen na him dey na im dey hunt una so, whether you like it or not, agha soghe Edo, Edo orodion, Edo gha so gho vban, Edo orye orodion, Anyone who feels he or she has been brainwashed and thinks our culture is voodoo this or voodoo that, then please make you no come benin or edo state at all otherwise[b] we go use juju kill you finish,[/b] and if you think your white man god can save you from blackman god, then you better have your head examined at yaba psychiatric home.

You must be living in the past.you think I'm moved by all these your fraudulent juju claims ? shocked If juju cannot save your oba from being harassed and sent on exile by the british,what makes you think the curse you crying about will affect anybody ? Or juju no dey catch whiteman ? Lmao
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 8:45am On Mar 16, 2011
@bokohalal, you are one of the pillar erecting the truth about great Benin Kingdom and our monarchical system, Afiangbe ore oghue, Leave them and let them wallow in their ignorance, As for bluetooth, no oduduwa came from up, and no oduduwa came from saudi arabia it was all lies to grab nigeria political power which you will loose very soon, you hear so, deceiver that you are.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by osazeet(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2011
Some black people still have inherited slavery mentality for they will still rely and remain under the white man’s concept on Religion and self, White people still have their traditions preserved till date, If you think civilization is not relative, then go harm any royal family member of England, then you will know what substance is made of, Only when it comes to ourselves, we say it’s archaic,    Remember there can never be Modernity without Tradition. No science without Traditional Magic ,  You can never have any direction till you know where you, re coming from.
Black Brothers and sisters let’s be enlightened open mindedly and not be under institutional brain wash and  Ozuolisticism.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Vigilante: 9:03am On Mar 16, 2011
This same Oba had cursed the Esama, Chief Igbinedion  sometime ago and he is still alive and we will be for a long time to come.  Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2011
@bluetooth, Oba Ovonramen after discovering that he has been betrayed by people like yourself, just like judas did to jesus, surrender himself in order to save me and you and to save the great benin kingdom cuz ppl like you have already leaked alot of secrets to the british on how we run our affair in Benin Kingdom, so betrayal is all i see because the people that were used by the british to fight us were mainly ethnic groups surrounding benin city of which your fore fathers are part of. In all sense, Oba Ovonramen can be classified as a saviour just like your bible Jesus story. The Benin royal family have been sacrificing alot for the Bini ppl, long before the era of Ovonramen, IDEN NO KPOKHUO was the wife of Oba Ewakpe, she volunteered herself to be sacrificed for peace to return to benin. So i'm not surprised why Ovonramen volunteered himself for this same sacrifice and didn't use our arsenals in stock to deal with the british invaders, be informed
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2011
@vigilante, Igbinedion is now irrelevant in Benin affair, just wait for his demise. hope u will be alive to witness it.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by daroz(m): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2011
@Afanna
You must be very stup1d for giving such statement. May you and entire household be cursed up to the tenth generation, may the curse placed upon Osakpanwan extend to you a hundred fold. Ise!!!!!!!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Guyman02: 9:34am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

@vigilante, Igbinedion is now irrelevant in Benin affair,  just wait for his demise. hope u will be alive to witness it.

U dey yan Okpata, are u sure u wont die before Igbinedion.
The Obas son should shows us what he has achieved with the funds he has received as LG Chairman. Let him leave politics and stick to royalty.
You talk about England; is prince William a Local County Chairman? Rather he joined the Army to fight those who assault England, including being posted to the most dangerous part of battle in Afghanistan and Iraq.

For the Oba to be ranting in public shows frustration in the kingdom.
For the youths to go about during working hours in the name of protesting shows joblessness and hopelessness among the Benin youths.
For the elders to walk about displaying black magic charms around Benin shows backwardness.

They should thank comrade an Etsako man for lifting the Binis out of the doldrums by their own subjects including their son Lucky who looted the State dry.
You talk about banishing a subject in 2011 with which powers? Only the Governor can do that to a traditional ruler including an Oba. This is not Nollywood film
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

@bluetooth, Oba Ovonramen after discovering that he has been betrayed by people like yourself, just like judas did to jesus, surrender himself in order to save me and you and to save the great benin kingdom cuz ppl like you have already leaked alot of secrets to the british on how we run our affair in Benin Kingdom,  so betrayal is all i see because the people that were used by the british to fight us were mainly ethnic groups surrounding benin city of which your fore fathers are part of. In all sense, Oba Ovonramen can be classified as a saviour just like your bible Jesus story. The Benin royal family have been sacrificing alot for the Bini ppl, long before the era of Ovonramen, IDEN NO KPOKHUO was the wife of Oba Ewakpe, she volunteered herself to be sacrificed for peace to return to benin. So i'm not surprised why Ovonramen volunteered himself for this same sacrifice and didn't use our arsenals in stock to deal with the british invaders,  be informed

The guy was overpowered when he saw the superior firepower of the white and stop all these your saving the world crap.btw,why can't the gods of biniland come to his rescue and save him these generational embarassment ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Demonstration In Support Of Patience's N4B Building Project (Pictures) / Anambra State During The War (pix) / Reps Deputy Speaker Makes 11 Appointments [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.