Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,844 members, 7,969,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:31 AM

I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. (756 Views)

I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice / The Excesses Of Warri Girls (A Critical Analysis) / 17 Ways To Make A Guy Smile! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by shuaige: 5:08am On Mar 17, 2011
I just secure two jobs. One pays 60dollars per hour(bonus not included) and the other doesn't pay anything. They will pay depending on what I do. The issue is this

I have a girl which I know that I would have marry if I have the money. She knows that and she understands the situation. As a young lady, I know she deserves more.

I quit my medical course in the university in order to pursue my dream(that is the second job/career). But due to some circumstances beyond my control, I wasn't offer the chance to study the course in the university. I engage in self training. I stayed most of the night studying by myself in-order to learn my dream career/course. Though my skill has improved a lot, I found it hard to secure a job in my dream field. Most of the companies that I applied to, always asked me for my degree(which I don't have). Many years have past and this company has given me the chance to be part of their team. They have provided everything for me except the salary.

As for the second job, though the money is there, but it is not what I want to do with my life. It has to do with age. It is a kind of job that can change as one is getting older. You might quit or they might ask you to stop.

My girl has waited for me for long.

Should I go for the career which I have sacrifices everything or should I pick the jobs that pays well for the sake of my girl and the financial benefits?
I have been given a week to sign the contract with the $60dollar per hour company.

If you are in my situation what will you do
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by femmy2010(m): 7:31am On Mar 17, 2011
A very though one it is.
If i were you i would follow the adage that says A BIRD IN HAND IS WORTH 2 IN DA BUSH.
As much as one needs to follow ones dream one equally needs to consider the bills and the rest.
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2011
The other one that does not pay anything (your dream job) at what point do they begin to pay something? or do you continue working for them without pay indefinately?also what other benefits are they offering you when you say they have provided everything for you except the salary?

You mentioned that the other job is not what you want to do for life and it does not sound like a career to me meanwhile you have given alot to chase your dreams and you dont care about the pay but your woman may care.

Have you talked the situation over with her? how old is she? Does she work?
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by shuaige: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2011
andromida:

The other one that does not pay anything (your dream job) at what point do they begin to pay something? or do you continue working for them without pay indefinately?also what other benefits are they offering you when you say they have provided everything for you except the salary?

You mentioned that the other job is not what you want to do for life and it does not sound like a career to me meanwhile you have given alot to chase your dreams and you dont care about the pay but your woman may care.

Have you talked the situation over with her? how old is she? Does she work?

Regarding to your questions. They said that my payment will depend on what I do, because they don't know my level nor do I have a degree to back myself up and the only reason I was accepted in is because I was recommended to them by someone. As for the benefits, I mean it give me the privilege of being interacting with people that has the same focus like myself. Also they offered me my own office(which has everything needed in any modern office), gives weekends on saturday and sunday. Provide the chances of traveling when the need arise.

The last time I discuss the issue with my girl. She said "I want you to be happy in your life but don't forget that we need money. As long as you are happy, I'm happy"
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by obowunmi(m): 9:15am On Mar 17, 2011
I would pick the dream job option.
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by Ranoscky(m): 10:11am On Mar 17, 2011
OP, those that feeds only once daily [unless they drink GARRI b4 time to enable them hold on til time for food] are not drinking it b'cos they like it, but b'cos, it'll give them abit energy to hold until it's time food! Now, answer this question [and whichever you choose is my take on this topic]: Do you prefer drinking that same garri or, you prefer going hungry b4 time for food?
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 17, 2011
You have a great gal and i pray the support continues money is alwys a major factor no matter the circumstance which was why i asked if she is working and her age, it will help to give a sound opinion however from what you have written i"d say you should go for the dream job this may be the one of the few chances you get and you did say they would pay you depending on what you do and i believe it would give you the kind of experience you crave for.I guess you simply have to be tougher on yourself and go the extra mile.

Also because i know the importance of personal fulfillment i believe you need to take the job it does not make you selfish, from what you wrote it means you are thinking of her first and yes you have talked to her in the past but you need to talk to her again, considering the sacrifice she has equally made this is not the kind of decision you make alone.
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by truetalk01(m): 10:30am On Mar 17, 2011
go for the one that pay well. after you have earn some money you can resign n use those money to invest on your dream job. Gudluck
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by shuaige: 11:56am On Mar 17, 2011
Ranoscky:

OP, those that feeds only once daily [unless they drink GARRI b4 time to enable them hold on til time for food] are not drinking it b'cos they like it, but b'cos, it'll give them abit energy to hold until it's time food! Now, answer this question [and whichever you choose is my take on this topic]: Do you prefer drinking that same garri or, you prefer going hungry b4 time for food?

If drinking the garri will affect my health in the future, I would rather stay and wait for the real meal.
andromida:

You have a great gal and i pray the support continues money is alwys a major factor no matter the circumstance which was why i asked if she is working and her age, it will help to give a sound opinion however from what you have written i"d say you should go for the dream job this may be the one of the few chances you get and you did say they would pay you depending on what you do and i believe it would give you the kind of experience you crave for.I guess you simply have to be tougher on yourself and go the extra mile.

Also because i know the importance of personal fulfillment i believe you need to take the job it does not make you selfish, from what you wrote it means you are thinking of her first and yes you have talked to her in the past but you need to talk to her again, considering the sacrifice she has equally made this is not the kind of decision you make alone.

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate.

obowunmi:

I would pick the dream job option.

Thank you for your vocie. I always think it is easy to choose but now I know the true feelings.
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by Ranoscky(m): 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2011
Op, I dont think the garri would have any effect on because, people do drink it on a regular bases and they'r fine, but, I d prefer waitin for the time to eat the food, then it means you should go for dream job for it might be the '1 and only' opportunity you might have, and enlarge your pocket according to your performance, good luck !!
Re: I Need To Make A Critical Decision. My Days Are Counting Down. by Ranoscky(m): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
Wrong type, sorry. What I meant was "If you prefer waiting"

(1) (Reply)

Woman Have 2 Men In Their Life / What Will Happen If All D Service Provider Switch Off Dey Network / When Love Later Turns To Hatred:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.