Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,881,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? (24224 Views)

The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months / Your Faithful Wife Will Fvck Other Men When You Are Broke For A Long Time / 10 Things Ladies Consider Physically Attractive In Men: Try No 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
I hope men are not expecting their girlfriends to cook for them or wash and I hope they have sense to not treat their girlfriends like inferior gender since everyone is now playing equal roles.

Let's erase patriarchy completely not just the parts that favour women.
Here's the reality of things... Only little percentage of Men in Nigeria can foot the whole family bills, either ways Wives contribute financially, so tell me what part of patriarchy favors women in the real sense?

Would you rather be treated like a trophy in a relationship only to start blowing air into firewood with your mouth in marriage? Let's be realistic please. It's best when two financially stable people come together.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. I don’t even know how they do it, but then, if the man is willing to help her pay- fine. I prefer two financially stable partners. It isn’t always about materialism, it just makes it easier to enjoy the love and achieve goals.

Frustrated is an understatement. All the small small fight and anger, check am, na money be the main issue. grin grin
My sister no be lie. Two financially stable partner's ki d of relationship is usually different from the one where one person is the host and the other is the parasite. What I've come to realize no is that being broke is not even the problem. The problem is being broke and expecting your partner toprovide for you like he asked God to creat you. Like he was born to pay your bills. And again, the man will treat you anyhow and no amount of love you give will be genuine because he sees you as a leech.

3 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
WoundedLamb:

I agree with you. But sadly, some guys are scared away when a girl is equally boxed up. They see being the girls' source of money as a way of maintaining a strong grip on them. It's actually funny cause these guys complain about girls being dependent but deep within them, they enjoy the sense of superiority that gives them.
Women are not the only confused set of people in this life. Men too are if not more.
; D
A man will want a broke girl who is also independent. Where can that kind of girl be found?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
One of the many reasons i laugh Nigerian feminists. They clamour for equal treatment but reject equal responsibilities, they want the gain but not the work.
It baffles me how you will want a "burden" off your neck but still want to be fed for a cause you reject. How do you expect a Man to treat you differently when you still beg for crumbs? Do they know what gender equality mean to a typical Nigerian man?

Don't you think men who have dated Nigerian feminists (albeit surprisingly non-existent ones to most people) would be in a better position to tell?

What responsibilities exactly are feminists shrinking from that make them undeserving of equality, respect and dignity? Because this line is thrown about a lot and it confuses the heck out of me.

Abi, all naija babes suddenly don turn feminists?

(Let's not even consider the fact that we are bitter, ugly, lonely, frustrated and broken beings who don't have men over our heads grin. If men are driven away from feminists because of their attitudes - who dem wan share responsibility, bills and practice feminism for relationship with? (And so, no feminist-centered relationships to draw conclusions from.) )

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
Samakus:

Don't bother trying to bend a dry stick. She has her mentality and that's not changing soon. I gave up the day I saw her post crying out for any man that will take her to Europe because she's a woman.
Lol. She also deserve the good things in life nah.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Don't you think men who have dated Nigerian feminists (albeit surprisingly non-existent ones to most people) would be in a better position to tell?

What responsibilities exactly are feminists shrinking from that make them underserving of equality, respect and dignity? Because this line is thrown about a lot and it confuses the heck out of me.

(Let's not even consider the fact that we are bitter, ugly, frustrated and broken beings who don't have mens over our heads grin. If men are driven away from feminists because of their attitudes - who dem wan share responsibility, bills and practice feminism for relationship with?)
Lol.... Nigerian feminists? grin grin

I wouldn't want to go into that... grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Here's the reality of things... Only little percentage of Men in Nigeria can foot the whole family bills, either ways Wives contribute financially, so tell me what part of patriarchy favors women in the real sense?

Would you rather be treated like a trophy in a relationship only to start blowing air into firewood with your mouth in marriage? Let's be realistic please. It's best when two financially stable people come together.

Ok
Are you Christian or Muslim

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I won't feel comfortable in relationship where I can't go out and see something nice and get for the guy.
I won't be happy in relationship where I have to ask for money for everything.
In fact, without something to give me small small money, I'm.not going into any relationship.
Even if I'm a saint, the man will always find away to make me feel like a parasite.
That's you though. Relationship is more than thinking of spending money to do this or do that. Me, I'd love someone who'd appreciate flowers plucked from a gardens jarey. The important thing is to be happy sha.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by mariahAngel(f): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
pocohantas:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Werey!!!

Your mum will start serving you rice and stew with two plates. cheesy

grin grin grin Weyrey l'omo!
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Ok
Are you Christian or Muslim
Lol... I'm a Christian.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
This is about Nigeria setting reality. In typical Nigerian relationship, we all know Money is a priority, we only try to shift goals when it doesn't suit our narrative. In Nigerian economy money is needed to run a relationship or marriage.

If this thread is about broke shaming guys, you wouldn't have typed this, rather you would have issued the "Go and make Money" command.
Yes, when the man is more focused on a relationship rather than fixing his pockets. When you like someone genuinely, you do so irrespective of their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
humilitypays:
Op why should ladies worry about being broke to be in a relationship when they naturally believe the only thing they should offer to a man is vagina shocked shocked

Why should ladies bother about being broke when they naturally believe that any man they allow to penetrate their vagina is a very lucky man cheesy
that's for those who have a Virgina to offer. Some do t even have a Virgina for a gift.
However, if you deserve only a Virgina from a babe, you shouldn't be given more cos some men actually don't deserve more than a smelly cunt. Yes, a smelly one.
So saying women naturally believe the o ly thing they should offer a man in a relationship is Virgina is and understatement.
That means those of us who won't thing of a relationship if we can't afford what we need are not women but guys.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Yes, when the man is more focused on a relationship rather than fixing his pockets. When you like someone genuinely, you do so irrespective of their pockets.
Babe, I know you of this opinion because the focus is on ladies... grin grin

No problem, I hear you. Love conquers all, even poverty. grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
Samakus:
She asked me for an urgent 2k, I declined not because I don't have it but because she feels she's entitled to it. Next thing I heard was, 'be there forming fine guy, don't you know I'm a woman and you should be giving, don't go and make money'. I just drew close to her and whispered, this mentality will land you in Shiloh. Bye
grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
ePoster:

Financially independent women are the ones with Rights.

The rest, not so much.

For the sake of not being treated like trash, females need to step up and own it.

The entitlement mentality the global culture encourages is the stumbling block of gender equality.

Females generally shooting their own foot.

Gbam! Few words, plenty sense... cool
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Samakus(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Lol. She also deserve the good things in life nah.

We all do. grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
That's you though. Relationship is more than thinking of spending money to do this or do that. Me, I'd love someone who'd appreciate flowers plucked from a gardens jarey. The important thing is to be happy sha.
Happiness is the highest good at the end of it all. If being broke make you happy, that's great. If being independent makes me happy, thats also great for me. I'm an advocate of Happiness. Real happiness not the one you expect people to give you. The kind that emanates from that feeling of selfhood and knowing that whether you are in a relationship or not, your happiness your responsibility not anyone's.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Lol.... Nigerian feminists? grin grin

I wouldn't want to go into that... grin

Maybe because you don't know one/any; observed or followed her relationship life (I know it sounds somehow) and you're just making conjectures based on strawmen anti-feminists have put up. cheesy

For real, though. I wish you'd point me to one feminist (someone we can ascertain she's a feminist in the real sense of it, identifies as one and has been vocal) pushing... responsibilities off her shoulder? Or just ONE instance of them wanting gains and not 'burdens'.

No man (I don't mean man-boys) has narrated the hypocrisy or double-standards he experienced personally (being romantically involved) from a feminist.

How are naija babes dependent and becoming masculine, footing bills in the home at the same time?? Heck, my brain is not processing that! Maybe, they are just asking for the barest minimum from guys? To contribute something?
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
Magnoliaa:

What responsibilities exactly are feminists shrinking from that make them undeserving of equality, respect and dignity? Because this line is thrown about a lot and it confuses the heck out of me.

(Let's not even consider the fact that we are bitter, ugly, frustrated and broken beings who don't have mens over our heads grin. If men are driven away from feminists because of their attitudes - who dem wan share responsibility, bills and practice feminism for relationship with?)
You for Waka pass that guy..those set of people have not even discovered themselves let alone know what woman are cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Karlifate: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
tosinhtml:

Congrats, you did the right thing. Money directly or Indirectly makes people Lord over you, whether we choose to accept or not.
Even my parents started respecting me when I started earning some money.

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Lol... I'm a Christian.

OK so I hope you will be willing to follow scripture and submit to your husbands authority completely after marriage? Do that while also paying his bills and contributing to his upkeep. All while you are bearing his surname and all your kids bore through 9 months of hardship and hours of labour belong to his family and his lineage. grin
You share provision which is his major responsibility

Does he share leadership with you?
Does he share pregnancies and Labour and breastfeeding?
Does he let some of your kids bear your own name?
Does he think he is equally responsible for housework, cooking and childcare etc?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Happiness is the highest good at the end of it all. If being broke make you happy, that's great. If being independent makes me happy, thats also great for me. I'm an advocate of Happiness. Real happiness not the one you expect people to give you. The kind that emanates from that feeling of selfhood and knowing that whether you are in a relationship or not, your happiness your responsibility not anyone's.
Thank you! So being broke or not shouldn't be a limiting factor to being happy. Forget that thing about selfhood, people tend to get depressed when alone no matter how rich they are. Yes my happiness is my responsibility which is why it's mandatory to get a man who won't had to one's problems.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
You for Waka pass that guy..those set of people have not even discovered themselves let alone know what woman are cheesy

She's a lady, na.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Babe, I know you of this opinion because the focus is on ladies... grin grin

No problem, I hear you. Love conquers all, even poverty. grin
But Bros hustle hard sha. Money is indeed important if not, Ruth for Bible no go sleep for Boaz feet like pussycat. Every woman wants a man who can provide security for d family and offcourse she'll b there to support.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Amarita(f): 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
I have nothing to say on dis...as a woman wey I be.. na person wey chop belle full dey fyn wu e go date...

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Maybe because you don't know one/any; observed or followed her relationship life (I know it sounds somehow) and you're just making conjectures based on strawmen anti-feminists have put up. cheesy

For real, though. I wish you'd point me to one feminist (someone we can ascertain she's a feminist in the real sense of it, identifies as one and has been vocal) pushing... responsibilities off her shoulder? Or just ONE instance of them wanting gains and not 'burdens'.

No man (I don't mean man-boys) has narrated the hypocrisy or double-standards he experienced personally (being romantically involved) from a feminist.

How are naija babes dependent and becoming masculine, footing bills in the home at the same time?? Heck, my brain is not processing that! Maybe, they are just asking for the barest minimum from guys? To contribute something?
Lol... If I had listed names would I have to add their home addresses and contact line so you would confirm their "feminists" status? Perhaps you would have requested screenshots of ladies begging for alms and also evidences of receipts transport fare, hair bills, lingeries bills or food bills men pay for leeches too. Since in your perfect feminazi world these things don't happen.

Woman, if I say I don't want to go into a topic, it's because I don't see it necessary bring such topics up, giving some guys here something to laugh on. If that fact flew over your head, I'm not surprised your brain can't process what's happening in your environment.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Karlifate: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:

I'm an advocate of Balance.
Typical of a Libra. cheesy
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Just when I thought you had sense... I'm a lady. So what's your point?
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by mariahAngel(f): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
But Bros hustle hard sha. Money is indeed important if not, Ruth for Bible no go sleep for Boaz feet like pussycat. Every woman wants a man who can provide security for d family and offcourse she'll b there to support.

Ruth loun loun! Ahn ahn! grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

OK so I hope you will be willing to follow scripture and submit to your husbands authority completely after marriage? Do that while also paying his bills and contributing to his upkeep. All while you are bearing his surname and all your kids bore through 9 months of hardship and hours of labour belong to his family and his lineage. grin
You share provision which is his major responsibility

Does he share leadership with you?
Does he share pregnancies and Labour and breastfeeding?
Does he let some of your kids bear your own name?
Does he think he is equally responsible for housework, cooking and childcare etc?

And this is what people try to attribute feminism to: saying it caused women to be working double-shifts, to shoot themselves in the legs, and be cheated...

I don't believe that. I see conservative women trying to appropriate liberal ideals. They want to be financially-contributing submissive women or something like that...

They don't want to be judged as leeches and they don't want to be seen as (being) <too> progressive. *shrugs*
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Thank you! So being broke or not shouldn't be a limiting factor to being happy. Forget that thing about selfhood, people tend to get depressed when alone no matter how rich they are. Yes my happiness is my responsibility which is why it's mandatory to get a man who won't had to one's problems.
You think depression is only when you are alone? Just like people talking of loneliness when they are alone.
The worst kind of depression and loneliness comes when you are around people who don't understand you. When you speak,they don't listen and don't even notice you are fading away.
It becomes more frustrating when you can't leave them to enjoy your personal moment of peace alone somewhere.
Don't let anyone deceive you to believe that being alone translate to loneliness. Not at all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“Look Good And Attractive If You Want Your Boyfriend Or Hubby To Stop Cheating” / Black Beauties, You Are Beautiful! / Relationships are Overrated

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.