Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,125 members, 7,987,932 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 08:13 PM

Presidential Debate on NN24 - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate on NN24 (34688 Views)

Poll: Presidential Debate: Who Impressed You Most?

GEJ: 10% (57 votes)
Ribadu: 11% (62 votes)
Buhari: 35% (199 votes)
Shekarau: 42% (238 votes)
This poll has ended

NN24, Nigeria's News Channel Folds Up / Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> / Nn24 News Presidential Debate In Abuja - Live Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by meine: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
Sammy107_d:

I hope these four guys boycott any BON debate. GEJ will surely lose after such embarrassing move.

that should be the right response
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by fstranger3(m): 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

I see your point. Comparing Ribadu to Buhari, Buhari is the clear winning. Mehn, I am really disappointed with Ribadu. Such an arrogant, pompous buffoon. People led me to believe he was somewhat educated.

Buhari has a LL.B from ABU, the HQ of Northern intellectuals/intelligentsia.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
opalu:

WE NEED A PRESIDENT TO CLEAN UP THE MESS LEFT BEHIND BY PDP
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT ARTICULATE AND COHERENT SPEECH HERE. ALL WE NEED IS A STRONG LEADER TO HELP BUILD STRONG INSTITUTIONS
I totally agree with this point. Eloquence in speech from our leaders is not the bane of our development but the will and power to deliver the dividends of democracy, if any!

Shekarau made that point in his facile conclusion asking Nigerians to vote the man with experience and integrity, which unfortunately for him (Shekarau) happens to be Buhari.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
BUHARI WILL CLEAN UP THIS MESS LEFT BEHIND BY THE PDP
HE HAS PROMISED THAT PDP WILL VOMIT ALL THEIR STOLEN WEALTH
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2011
BUHARI WILL CLEAN UP THIS MESS LEFT BEHIND BY THE PDP
HE HAS PROMISED THAT PDP WILL VOMIT ALL THEIR STOLEN WEALTH

WE CAN TAKE HIS WORD TO THE BANK
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by BetaThings: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2011
Tusky44:

pls guy & girls did anyone record the debate? I missed it and really want to watch it all over. A link would be appreciated. I also heard GEJ vanished into thin air. smh
embarassed
Thin Air? Wrong. He was under Patience's bed
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by fstranger3(m): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2011
9ijaMan:

I totally agree with this point. Eloquence in speech from our leaders is not the bane of our development but the will and power to deliver the dividends of democracy, if any!

Shekarau made that point in his facile conclusion asking Nigerians to vote the man with experience and integrity, which unfortunately for him (Shekarau) happens to be Buhari.

Are you this stupiddd in real life or you acquired the gene (stu4ever.11) over time?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY GO TO JONATHAN'S PAGE AND COPY A SCREENSHOT OF THE COMMENTS

AND POST IT HERE, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

GOODLUCK DON TURN BADLUCK,

SAI BUHARI
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by HRT2010: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
@All: A debate can show us many things about the debater:
1. His sagacity
2. His astuteness
3. His character
4. His fluency etc
So we should ask ourselves: "what is it we really want in a Nigerian leader?" As for me, a Nigerian leader needs to be intelligent and fluent to some extent; but above all, he needs to be a man of proven CHARACTER.
In developed economies where the institutions are all in place, we could dispel the requirement of character cos the leaders have no choice than to comply with laid down principles and procedures; but in Nigeria where a leader has the capacity to convert the entire wealth of our nation to himself overnight, we need a man of proven CHARACTER to be at the helms of affairs.
My vote is for BUHARI/BAKARE.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
go to jonathan facebook page and read the comments by nigeria before they delete it!!!!!!!!!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
fstranger3:

Buhari has a LL.B from ABU, the HQ of Northern intellectuals/intelligentsia.

Thank you. Buhari didn't do that bad though. . . I think old age may be a factor.

Ribadu is just a buffoon who annoyed me.

While I enjoyed listening to Shekarau.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by BetaThings: 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
All Hail GEJ - Chief Solo debater of Facebook and Dbanj's show
PHD in vanishing Arts and Chikening Out!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
SAHARAREPORTERS PLEASE GO AND COPY THE COMMENTS ON GEJ FACEBOOK PAGE

BY ANGRY NIGERIANS,
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by seanet02: 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari was nowhere to be found today. Ribadu carries the day with the Power sector plan. Sai Ribadu
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by jason123: 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Thank you. Buhari didn't do that bad though. . . I think old age may be a factor.

So, who do you support??
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
GO TO GEJ FACBOOK PAGE AND SEE ABUSE BY NIGERIANS ON AN INCUMBENT PRESIDENT smiley
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
fstranger3:

Are you this stupiddd in real life or you acquired the gene (stu4ever.11) over time?
Perhaps you can show us how ignorant you are and the waste you've turned out to be. Amongst the three candidates who at least showed up for the debate, who's most experienced, and who's got the highest level of integrity? Why now fold your bloody tais between your legs and sulk the absence of your pay master. GEJ the entertainment president of Nigeria!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by md4real(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ did not appear in the debate and scored 4votes, some people are just educated fool to have voted blindly.
I honestly hope that the opposition boycots the GEJ sponsored debates.
, buta madri.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by fstranger3(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Sorry, I meant RIbadu

Buhari is nothing but a military officer.

RIbadu went to ABU, not Buhari.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shekarau shocked me!
He won the debate, but buhari won my heart.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by BetaThings: 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2011
Jega is rigging already
Says it is too late to change order of elections after the court order
Presidency should come last. Let us postpone election by one week!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
jason123:

So, who do you support??
EzeUche is GEJ's man. However I'm awaiting where his allegiance will tilt to after GEJ finally proved to us that he has a PhD in solo debate and cozying up with the koko master!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by cold(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
And to think i was a diehard GEJ man.*smh*
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by trisurface: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
I did not Watch the Debate.
But I've read most of the Threads & I have dis to say.
I dont think we need a strong leader. Just a Leader who is sold out to following existing laws.
That's all. A Man who will respect the Law & expect/compel everybody else too.
On this count, I worry about Buhari,Ribadu. The first has a messiah Complex. The second is used to strong arm tactics.
Strangely, till date Jonathan has resisted exhibiting both attributes mentioned above. I do not know enough about Shekarau.
In my opinion,Dis nation needs a simple man. Not Showy,Not Loud. Just intent on doing things well. Finishing what he starts.
Our Problems are not Complex.
I repeat, All we need is a man who will be accountable to us & hold us accountable to the Law.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by wikitruth: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buharis is not an orator. Shekaru was the best in terms of oratory but I can't take his word to the bank. Ribadu was taken aback and failed woefully when the Tinubu question was asked. He defended the man he once told us and we know is corrupt. He was even lost in thought when asked the second qn, the moderator had to repeat the question. The last question Buhari answered was very satisfying to me, our greatest problem in Nigeria is Indiscipline and Corruption and was backed by very eloquent Shekarau. Buhari has the track record in confronting these monsters.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by dayokanu(m): 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2011
fstranger3:

Akinrogun, You are biting my lyrics.

Where is ABDUL-Clueless, ADE-mumu, ODE-chukwu, RETARDeen Jonathan
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
trisurface:

I dont think we need a strong leader. Just a Leader who is sold out to following existing laws.
On this count, I worry about Buhari,Ribadu. The first has a messiah Complex. The second is used to strong arm tactics.
Strangely, till date Jonathan has resisted exhibiting both attributes mentioned above. I do not know enough about Shekarau.
In my opinion,Dis nation needs a simple man. Not Showy,Not Loud. Just intent on doing things well. Finishing what he starts.
I repeat, All we need is a man who will be accountable to us & hold us accountable to the Law.

The last thing we need is a coward who avoids ordinary debates only to show up at Koko mansion
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by jason123: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
trisurface:

That is BUHARI!! HE PROMISED AND HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORDS!!!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Gbawe: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/kano-state-governor-ibrahim-shekarau-chosen-winner-todays-presidential-debate-nn24-tv-chan

Kano State Governor, Ibrahim Shekarau, Chosen As The Winner Of Today's Presidential Debate On NN24 TV Channel[b]
Posted: March 18, 2011 - 21:31

By SaharaReporters, New York
Kano state governor, Ibrahim Shekarau, was chosen[b] by Nigerians across the world
who watched the independent presidential debate conducted by Lagos-based NN24 TV channel between three presidential candidates which was streamed live on SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters conducted a straw poll through its Blackberry chat users as well as a Facebook survey located on our fan page. Most of our respondents who gave their locations across different cities in Nigeria said they were most impressed by the calm, composed and effective responses given by the Kano state governor and candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) candidate.

Former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission chairman and candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu was picked by pollsters as the second most impressive debater, most respondents thought he was passionate but restless.

Former army general and military strongman, Muhammad Buahri, was thought to be unprepared and cocky.

The survey could not be considered accurate in any form. The president of Nigeria, and the candidate of the ruling party, Goodluck Jonathan, did not show up for the debate.

Yet someone above concluded ribadu is a "pompous Buffoon"  shocked shocked shocked merely because of a debate ? Talk about bias clouding judgement.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
trisurface:

one stop anti-corruption shop
no be grammar we want hear
sai buhari
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by fstranger3(m): 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Akinrogun, You are biting my lyrics.

Where is ABDUL-Clueless, ADE-mumu, ODE-chukwu, RETARDeen Jonathan
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I saw you use it and I thought it was awesome and very applicable!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by honeric01(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
Though he didn't win the debate to be sincere, Gen Buhari didn't really say much, though i know he's a man of little word and more action. Shekarau won the debate with his calmness, good use of english and ability to explain himself better. Ribadu was just making noise and he even lied by saying Nigerians are not corrupt lol, if Nigerians are not corrupt, then why don't we have light? good roads e.t.c? it's because those who have the chance to do something end up stealing everything and these people are Nigerians, not aliens.

Gen Buhari, please we need you to do well by explaining yourself better, we know you have alot in you, but you hardly let them out, you hardly let people hear these things you have inside of you. Help Nigerians please.

Thanks,

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / Photo of Orji Kalu, Shettima And Remi Tinubu at 9th Senate Valedictory Session / Yobe Governor, Gaidam, Visits Dapchi, Says No Girl Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.