Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,123 members, 7,987,932 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 08:09 PM

Presidential Debate on NN24 - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate on NN24 (34687 Views)

Poll: Presidential Debate: Who Impressed You Most?

GEJ: 10% (57 votes)
Ribadu: 11% (62 votes)
Buhari: 35% (199 votes)
Shekarau: 42% (238 votes)
This poll has ended

NN24, Nigeria's News Channel Folds Up / Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> / Nn24 News Presidential Debate In Abuja - Live Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
trisurface:

I did not Watch the Debate.
But I've read most of the Threads & I have dis to say.
I dont think we need a strong leader. Just a Leader who is sold out to following existing laws.
That's all. A Man who will respect the Law & expect/compel everybody else too.
On this count, I worry about Buhari,Ribadu. The first has a messiah Complex. The second is used to strong arm tactics.
Strangely, till date Jonathan has resisted exhibiting both attributes mentioned above. I do not know enough about Shekarau.
In my opinion,Dis nation needs a simple man. Not Showy,Not Loud. Just intent on doing things well. Finishing what he starts.
Our Problems are not Complex.
I repeat, All we need is a man who will be accountable to us & hold us accountable to the Law.

Your last line says it all. Buhari was the only candidate to promise precisely what wrote there. Hence Buhari is your answer. Perhaps you need to see the debate once it gets loaded on youtube and you get the drift.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
I actually have no allegiance to any political party. I just like candidates.

PDP in Abia has lost my support, by have T.A. Orji as their flagbearer.

However, I was a GEJ supporter, but I am kind of upset that he didn't participate in the debate. Ribadu will never get my support. I can't say about Buhari.

But Shekarau has really impressed me. That is why I need more information about him.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by beejaay: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
9ijaMan:

EzeUche is GEJ's man. However I'm awaiting where his allegiance will tilt to after GEJ finally proved to us that he has a PhD in solo debate and cozying up with the koko master!
i sincerely dont know whether u think with ur anus. u are here shouting for Buhari and u are already shooting someone else down for supporting GEJ. u all asked for debate and now the debate has been done and u are still rooting for the obvious loser. u are definitely one of the reason why Nigeria is still where we are. silly people with chicken brain. stop for second and re-analyze the debate then come back here and tell us ur stupid reasoning
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gbawe:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/kano-state-governor-ibrahim-shekarau-chosen-winner-todays-presidential-debate-nn24-tv-chan

Yet someone above concluded ribadu is a "pompous Buffoon"  shocked shocked shocked merely because of a debate ? Talk about bias clouding judgement.

A bit surprised that Ribadu did better than Buhari.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ OR HIS MINDERS HAVE BLOCKED PEOPLE FROM MAKING COMMENTS ON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE

OJUJU CALABAR DON REMOVE HIS MASK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ OR HIS MINDERS HAVE BLOCKED PEOPLE FROM MAKING COMMENTS ON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE

OJUJU CALABAR DON REMOVE HIS MASK Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by madanju: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shekarau is good as an articulate speaker, he should go the senate but in terms leading this country, no. See how Kano is being govern in the following links:
1. http://allafrica.com/stories/201101250679.html
2. http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26769:Kano-tertiary-schools-one-strike-too-many&catid=33:special-report-&Itemid=151
and this make people in his state not take his presidential aspiration serious.
Buhari is apt and concise in his responses although some will struggle to follow his accent and not by nature a noise maker but his track records speak volumes. He is the most experience, he is an action person and all those who associates with him acknowledged these facts. He is my president anyday.
Ribadu is a total failure. He should and contest for local government chairman. He is arrogant, discourteous and crude. he speaks like someone contesting SUG election. Immature.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
beejaay:

i sincerely dont know whether u think with your anus. u are here shouting for Buhari and u are already shooting someone else down for supporting GEJ. u all asked for debate and now the debate has been done and u are still rooting for the obvious loser. u are definitely one of the reason why Nigeria is still where we are. silly people with chicken brain. stop for second and re-analyze the debate then come back here and tell us your silly reasoning
Have you seen how you foolishly shut yourself in the foot. I'm not surprised though as you belong to the same class of the PhD weilding man who's more confy in the koko mansion than talking to Nigerians.

In case your hands moved faster than your brains, below is EzeUche's response which was posted before the gibberish you posted above:
EzeUche_:

I actually have no allegiance to any political party. I just like candidates.

PDP in Abia has lost my support, by have T.A. Orji as their flagbearer.

However, I was a GEJ supporter, but I am kind of upset that he didn't participate in the debate. Ribadu will never get my support. I can't say about Buhari.

But Shekarau has really impressed me. That is why I need more information about him.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Genbuhari3: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gbawe,

I believe you are better than this. you actually waited for a result before telling us your impression. that was not a good move

I remain Buhari supporter even though I am not really impressed with him except in statement on being a former dictator, corruption, why he is still the best of the 3 and his closing remarks.

I totally agree that Shekarau won this hands down. but for Ribadu, he displayed that his temperament is not even good to make him an inspector general of police.

I stand with Buhari because he was the wisest and most mature of all. Never attacked any of the 2 candidates.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by beejaay: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
9ijaMan:

Your last line says it all. Buhari was the only candidate to promise precisely what wrote there. Hence Buhari is your answer. Perhaps you need to see the debate once it gets loaded on youtube and you get the drift.
dude did u watch the debate atall with all these ur ranting? cos if u did i bet u will be here shouting hey can u please see how stupid i am.
did u miss theses part

moderator: but ur children attends private schools
Buhari: yes so far i can afford it.anyone can do it once he/she can afford it

thats an answer coming from a president to be. plssssssssssssssssss think for one second before u show why God should be praised for giving that shallow brain
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

A bit surprised that Ribadu did better than Buhari.
Apparently those who voted on SR saw a different debate from what we saw. Ribadu surely performed poorly. However I agree Shekarau stole the show.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by beejaay: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
9ijaMan:

Have you seen how you foolishly shut yourself in the foot. I'm not surprised though as you belong to the same class of the PhD weilding man who's more confy in the koko mansion than talking to Nigerians.

In case your hands moved faster than your brains, below is EzeUche's response which was posted before the gibberish you posted above:
another reason why u should be put on the ignore list. stupid fellow.no
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by jason123: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
Okay, after watching the presidential debate I cannot but to agree with Pat Utomi that Buhari stood for HONESTY; Ribadu stood for PROGRESSIVENESS; Shekarau stood for ARTICULATION, while GEJ the incumbent president of Nigeria stood for NOTHING !!!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Genbuhari3: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
bee jay

that answer mean several things.

it is called wisdom of the aged.

Buhari promised a good government, a good government brings properity, properity will make you to choose a private school to a public one. even americans prefers private schools!

Buhari is a man of few words and you need to think deep to grasp!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2011
beejaay:

dude did u watch the debate atall with all these your ranting? cos if u did i bet u will be here shouting hey can u please see how silly i am.
did u miss theses part

moderator: but your children attends private schools

thats an answer coming from a president to be. plssssssssssssssssss think for one second before u show why God should be praised for giving that shallow brain
Smarty! Tell us what precisely is wrong with the statement! So if you can afford to send your kids to a private school it's a problem in your books to do so! Get a life and use your brain!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2011
GO AND SEE THE WAY NIGERIANS ARE RAINING ABUSES
AND CURSES ON THE INCUMBENT FOR NOT SHOWING UP
IN THE DEBATE, RUN BEFORE THEY DELETE
ALL THE JUICY COMMENTS

GEJ HAS CURRENTLY DISABLED MAKING COMMENTS ON HIS WALL

PDP FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN
RUN RUN RUN
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Profkenny1(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
at last the difference is clear!, BB all the way
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by honeric01(m): 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2011
English don't rule a country, rather it's the personality of the person that matters.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/133750153365234

See Goodluck Jonathan's Page today ooo!!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL JONATHAN TO UNBLOCK ME FROM HIS FACEBOOK

I WAN TALK MY MIND,

AS THE GUY NO SHOW FOR DEBATE,

IF NOT I GO COME ASO ROCK COME TALK MY MIND, angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
beejaay:

dude did u watch the debate atall with all these your ranting? cos if u did i bet u will be here shouting hey can u please see how silly i am.
did u miss theses part

moderator: but your children attends private schools

THERE IS NONE OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE WHOSE CHILDREN DO NOT STUDY IN PRIVATE SCHOOL.
SO IF U R LOOKING FOR A PUBLIC-SCHOOL KIDS PRESIDENT, I HAVE BAD NEWS FOR YOU. EVEN JOHN DARA'S KIDS ARE IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS. SO IF BUHARI'S KIDS ATTENDED PRIVATE SCHOOLS AND HE ADMITTED IT BEFORE NIGERIANS, WHY LET HELL LOOSE?

IS HE NOT BETTER THAN JONATHAN WHO FORCED ALL CHILDREN (INCLUDING MY BABY) TO REMAIN AT HOME FOR A WHOLE MONTH WHILE HIS WERE IN AMERICAN SCHOOL IN ABJ? YET DENIED IT BEFORE THE WHOLE WORLD, LIESSS
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by honeric01(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gen Buhari, i love your personality, you got there early despite your age, you were calm, only spoke when asked to, didn't speak more than the time that was given to you, respected yourself and others, you're truly a man of discipline, i need to copy these characters and attributes from you. and i employ all Nigerians to copy these attributes, it's going to help us as individuals to build our nation collectively.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by oyinland22: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
They had to stylishly wait for our president, but he did nt show up
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ getting roasted on FBook, lol

--------------------------
Webo Rafindadi Jonathan is not a serious man, let us turn his facebook page to a sport blog. UP CHELSEA lol
9 minutes ago

Ikenna Muoghalu Guy you are a disappointment to the enlightened people of Nigeria. You have not performed above par in the past year and yet you still cannot defend yourself or your agenda in a public debate with your peers. I am so ashamed.
2 minutes ago
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
madanju:

Shekarau is good as an articulate speaker, he should go the senate but in terms leading this country, no. See how Kano is being govern in the following links:
1. http://allafrica.com/stories/201101250679.html
2. http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26769:Kano-tertiary-schools-one-strike-too-many&catid=33:special-report-&Itemid=151
and this make people in his state not take his presidential aspiration serious.
Buhari is apt and concise in his responses although some will struggle to follow his accent and not by nature a noise maker but his track records speak volumes. He is the most experience, he is an action person and all those who associates with him acknowledged these facts. He is my president anyday.
Ribadu is a total failure. He should and contest for local government chairman. He is arrogant, discourteous and crude. he speaks like someone contesting SUG election. Immature.

Even Fashola has been having problems with strikes. Yet, people still like Fashola Kano is nothing special. Just, because people are on strike does not discount the good he may have done for his state. You can't please everyone.

Anyway, I still want more information about Shekarau.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EvilBrain1(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
Based on this debate I think we should vote Kadaria Ahmed (the moderator) for president. The woman did a wonderful job.

But seriously, this was a really low quality debate. Other than Shekarau, the candidates didn't really help their cases. Nuhu Ribadu was so vague about everything and didn't really say anything of substance. And Buhari was basically talking nonsense throughout.

I didn't agree with a lot of the stuff Shekarau said but at least he showed he understood the issues and his plans were the most detailed and logical of all three candidates. Also, his answers on healthcare and the Jos crisis were simply brilliant.

Jonathan is also a winner here as he has escaped the comprehensive disgrace he would surely have recieved if he had shown his face.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
honeric01:

Gen Buhari, i love your personality, you got there early despite your age, you were calm, only spoke when asked to, didn't speak more than the time that was given to you, respected yourself and others, you're truly a man of discipline, i need to copy these characters and attributes from you. and i employ all Nigerians to copy these attributes, it's going to help us as individuals to build our nation collectively.

THIS GUY, U R NOT A THIEF, BUT U STOLE THE WORDS FROM MY HEART

PERFECT DISCRIPTION.
PERSONALITY- NOT ELOQUENCE.
WE ALL KNOW THAT BUHARI IS NOT A DEBATER LIKE THE FORMER SCHOOL PRINCIPAL CALLED SHEKARAU.
WE VOTE PERSONALITY NOT ENGLISH
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
Evil Brain:

Based on this debate I think we should vote[b] Kadaria Ahmed (the moderator) for president[/b]. The woman did a wonderful job.

But seriously, this was a really low quality debate. Other than Shekarau, the candidates didn't really help their cases. Nuhu Ribadu was so vague about everything and didn't really say anything of substance. And Buhari was basically talking nonsense throughout.

I didn't agree with a lot of the stuff Shekarau said but at least he showed he understood the issues and his plans were the most detailed and logical of all three candidates. Also, his answers on healthcare and the Jos crisis were simply brilliant.

Jonathan is also a winner here as he has escaped the comprehensive disgrace he would surely have recieved if he had shown his face.

Kadaria Ahmed was clearly a winner. She was easy on eyes, very intelligent, and a very good moderator. I expect great things from her.

We need more women in Nigeria like her to step up and run for political office.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
i have to storm goodluck page and start posting up arsenal,
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
The north has good people. Their foolish leaders need to be sacked and replaced though, so they can reach their potential.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Tunsbobo(m): 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
From the look of things, there is probably or would i say no seeming difference between buhari and gej when it comes to providing solutions to the very disturbing problems and issues that are affecting Nigeria as a country! Buhari's replies to the questions forwarded to him depicted how absolutely clueless he is in terms of providing solutions to Nigeria's ravaging problems. He seemed to generalise his answers, and he made many bloated and out of point statements today which were not required. He probably misunderstood the anchor when she asked him about the educational system, but still; it is embarassing for him to say that our educational system is in order! Ribadu on the other hand showed great zeal and determination in terms us making changes to the pitiable condition of our nation. Though, he might have made many unneccessary statements, and his English was not so understandable too; he still made crucial p
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Kadaria Ahmed was clearly a winner. She was easy on eyes, very intelligent, and a very good moderator. I expect great things from her.

We need more women in Nigeria like her to step up and run for political office.

IT IS EASIER TO BE A REFEREE THAN TO BE A FOOTBALLER

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

#NEVER AGAIN, As Nigerians Cheer GEJ On Facebook After Soldiers Visit / 50 Killed As ISWAP Attacks Army Base In Borno / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.