Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,541 members, 7,888,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:04 PM

I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State (683 Views)

Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew / Reps Pass Bill Proscribing Plastic Bags, Set Fine For Offenders / Court Restrains IGP From Proscribing Benue Livestock Guards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Weneda(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, says he has no regret proscribing the outlawed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) in Rivers State due to his belief in the unity of Nigeria.

He said, Nigerians must at all times rise to protect and defend the interest of the country, and not allow parochial, sentimental politics to destroy the country.

The governor stated this when a delegation of Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) paid a solidarity visit to the Government House, Port Harcourt , to commend him for his untiring efforts and dedication to protect the interest of ethnic groups living in Rivers State.

The governor said the EndSARS protest was peaceful in the state until IPOB hijacked it, and committed arson by killing 6 Army officers, 4 Police officers, burnt police stations and courts.

According to him, he cannot seat as governor and watch such lawless acts to be perpetrated by a people that has been proscribed by the federal government to cause ethnic war.

“Without any apology, I am a true Nigerian. I believe that things must be done properly in a way that every component part of this country will be satisfied.”

Governor Wike, reiterated that he has never been against any particular ethnic group living in the State, including every law abiding Igbos. He however, maintained that as a governor he cannot tolerate a situation where some misguided persons under the guise of IPOB would unleash attack innocent Nigerians in Rivers State.

He explained that if the State Security Council was not proactive to impose curfew in the entire Oyigbo Local Government Area, the situation would have degenerated to war between Igbo and Hausa community residing in the area. According to him, the decision forestalled ethnic reprisal attacks that would have led to total breakdown of law and order in Oyigbo local government area and parts of Diobu axis of the State capital.

Governor Wike, said all Nigerians must stand against injustice at all times no matter who is involved and be determined to work for the interest of the country. He further asserted that he is a true Nigerian and will continue to work for its indivisibility.

CNG spokesperson, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, said they were in the State to express their profound gratitude to the Governor for his leadership, sacrifice, statesmanship, and unwavering commitment deployed in protecting Northern communities from the violence and violation of their rights and dignity during the mayhem in Oyigbo.

“Your concerned promptness in redeeming the solemn pledge of N200 million to the families of security personnel affected negatively by the flip side of the protests is certainly reassuring. We reasonably believe that if the federal authorities were to emulate the wisdom of offering such incentive to our troops on the front line, it would heighten their morale which is a present very low.

The CNG craved the Governor’s indulgence as the caring and compassionate leader, to extend the same magnanimity to the unfortunate victims of the ugly side of the protests from Northern Nigeria to enable them start over.

“Similarly, we are impressed by your level of rare courage and uncompromising stance in the repudiation of the activities of the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and it’s fugitive leader Nnamdi Kanu in your state. this without doubt, is a commendable feat, because if leaders today need to hear the truth, they should be told that most of them have lost the energy and some of the courage to take responsibility in the interest of national sovereignty , national security, national peace and constitutionalism.”

The delegation was led by the chairman board of trust of CNG, Nastura .A. Sheriff.

KELVIN EBIRI
Special Assistant (Media) to the Governor.

November 18, 2020.
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Moferere: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
I support your courage
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by AlexBells(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
He is nothing but a foolish Bikerre tout and we will also have no regrets when we retaliate for his killings in Obigbo

7 Likes

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by yarimo(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbos are criminals group of people LOBATAN
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Nigeriabiafra80: 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Real picture of wike hiding under ipob to exhibit his hatred and dictorial tendencies
For the fact he said it means he regret
But who cares ,karma is best served cold

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Liposure: 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
Let there be peace in every part of nigeria
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by XANDERO85: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
yarimo:
Igbos are criminals group of people LOBATAN

Of course they are! I mean, how dare they try to dagbaru your hustle that is ‘one Nigeria’! A country you believe Allah has given you to own and dominate....no thanks to the willing slaves and house-niggers that have allowed you to get away with it thus far!

Fucking leeches!

1 Like

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by gidgiddy: 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
Some day I hope someone will tell us the story about this incredible gun battle where IPOB that is not known to bear arms took down 6 armed Soldiers. I also they tell us the names of these 4 Policemen and 6 Soldiers, pictures of their bodies, the circumstances of their deaths and proof that it was IPOB that killed them.

But of course we will never get anything because it is all fiction. The authorities have become so used to gullible Nigerians believing any statement they make. With no investigation and no proof, Wike blamed IPOB for whatever violence that came out of ENDSARS. He just git up one morning, arrogated himself the role of investigator, prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner of Rivers state. In the process, he invited the security forces that killed far more people.This is someone who claims to be a Lawyer but knows nothing about the rule of law

Wike always be the butcher of Obigbo

1 Like

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by dbonks(m): 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
AlexBells:
He is nothing but a foolish Bikerre tout and we will also have no regrets when we retaliate for his killings in Obigbo

People like you are causing more problem for peace loving Igbo people living and doing there business in Rivers State, desist from this act

#KAUDOCHIA..
#letpeaceprevail.

Rivers State is home to all peace loving Igbos.
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by AlexBells(m): 11:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
dbonks:

People like you are causing more problem for peace loving Igbo people living and doing there business in Rivers State, desist from this act

#KAUDOCHIA..
#letpeaceprevail.

Rivers State is home to all peace loving Igbos.
No, we are not peace loving and yes I'm happy that you see me as one of the problem, I'm not an IPOB member but I tell you as an Igbo son that Wike must give account of his murder of the Obigbo Youth, I'm from Enugu and peaceful or not, those Igbos from rivers must not just feel at home but be at home, whether are peaceful or not Rivers remains their home, that's where their umbilical cord were buried and even when you kill them, they will still be buried there, your stupid governor should not give people the option of peace to stay in their home, even when the are not peaceful the best you can do is take them to the home prison and not kill them, so get it straight you don't give people options of their home on the basis of whether they are peaceful or not but as for we Igbos, we are done being your class of peaceful, I don't want to insult you

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by peacekante: 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2020
He already said he is not going to negotiate with IPOB
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Rugaria: 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
XANDERO85:

Of course they are! I mean, how dare they try to dagbaru your hustle that is ‘one Nigeria’! A country you believe Allah has given you to own and dominate....no thanks to the willing slaves and house-niggers that have allowed you to get away with it thus far!

Fucking leeches!

You know them! Fighting for those oil jobs.. Eternal parasites..

As per Wikevie, I'm starting to like the way eastern politicians seem to ignore him. He can bark all he wants but in the end, his toad iinto national politics is as good as over..

1 Like

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by helinues: 4:51am On Nov 21, 2020
Your act is what is pursuing other governor's away from Pdp....

Not everything gra grab will solve
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:52am On Nov 21, 2020
Rugaria:

You know them! Fighting for those oil jobs.. Eternal parasites..

As per Wikevie, I'm starting to like the way eastern politicians seem to ignore him. He can bark all he wants but in the end, his toad iinto national politics is as good as over..
Wike is using IPOB deaths to please the Fulani slave masters in the North all because of Vice President position in 2023. I will never surpport PDP and Nyesom Wike again.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Ofunaofu: 6:00am On Nov 21, 2020
just like his statement of ' I am not Igbo'
I just hope that they will not come back to hunt him.

some of us may not like the modus operandi of IPOB, but the fact remains that every Igbo man is sympathetic to the biafran course. Nigeria as a country is simply not working.
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by survivor10(m): 6:11am On Nov 21, 2020
Weneda:
Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, says he has no regret proscribing the outlawed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) in Rivers State due to his belief in the unity of Nigeria.

He said, Nigerians must at all times rise to protect and defend the interest of the country, and not allow parochial, sentimental politics to destroy the country.

The governor stated this when a delegation of Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) paid a solidarity visit to the Government House, Port Harcourt , to commend him for his untiring efforts and dedication to protect the interest of ethnic groups living in Rivers State.

The governor said the EndSARS protest was peaceful in the state until IPOB hijacked it, and committed arson by killing 6 Army officers, 4 Police officers, burnt police stations and courts.

According to him, he cannot seat as governor and watch such lawless acts to be perpetrated by a people that has been proscribed by the federal government to cause ethnic war.

“Without any apology, I am a true Nigerian. I believe that things must be done properly in a way that every component part of this country will be satisfied.”

Governor Wike, reiterated that he has never been against any particular ethnic group living in the State, including every law abiding Igbos. He however, maintained that as a governor he cannot tolerate a situation where some misguided persons under the guise of IPOB would unleash attack innocent Nigerians in Rivers State.

He explained that if the State Security Council was not proactive to impose curfew in the entire Oyigbo Local Government Area, the situation would have degenerated to war between Igbo and Hausa community residing in the area. According to him, the decision forestalled ethnic reprisal attacks that would have led to total breakdown of law and order in Oyigbo local government area and parts of Diobu axis of the State capital.

Governor Wike, said all Nigerians must stand against injustice at all times no matter who is involved and be determined to work for the interest of the country. He further asserted that he is a true Nigerian and will continue to work for its indivisibility.

CNG spokesperson, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, said they were in the State to express their profound gratitude to the Governor for his leadership, sacrifice, statesmanship, and unwavering commitment deployed in protecting Northern communities from the violence and violation of their rights and dignity during the mayhem in Oyigbo.

“Your concerned promptness in redeeming the solemn pledge of N200 million to the families of security personnel affected negatively by the flip side of the protests is certainly reassuring. We reasonably believe that if the federal authorities were to emulate the wisdom of offering such incentive to our troops on the front line, it would heighten their morale which is a present very low.

The CNG craved the Governor’s indulgence as the caring and compassionate leader, to extend the same magnanimity to the unfortunate victims of the ugly side of the protests from Northern Nigeria to enable them start over.

“Similarly, we are impressed by your level of rare courage and uncompromising stance in the repudiation of the activities of the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and it’s fugitive leader Nnamdi Kanu in your state. this without doubt, is a commendable feat, because if leaders today need to hear the truth, they should be told that most of them have lost the energy and some of the courage to take responsibility in the interest of national sovereignty , national security, national peace and constitutionalism.”

The delegation was led by the chairman board of trust of CNG, Nastura .A. Sheriff.

KELVIN EBIRI
Special Assistant (Media) to the Governor.

November 18, 2020.

"Without any apology, I am a true Nigerian."

What's there in being a Nigerian to be proud of OsaWike? You have killed indigenous people in their villages just to please your Fulani/Hausa slave masters for a VP position. What befell Ken Saro wiwa will be a child's play to the fate that awaits you Murderer?
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by OfficialAwol(m): 6:20am On Nov 21, 2020
helinues:
Your act is what is pursuing other governor's away from Pdp....

Not everything gra grab will solve

So you have sense?

You know he wants to please the Caliphate.
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by AwkaFinest: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2020
helinues:

[s]Your act is what is pursuing other governor's away from Pdp....

Not everything gra grab will solve[/s]

Run away if you cant withstand the heat. Lily-livered malafakas
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by AwkaFinest: 6:22am On Nov 21, 2020
Sweet to watch ipoo wail in every thread. Wike you are really tormenting ipoo miscreants.

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by OfficialAwol(m): 6:23am On Nov 21, 2020
DamZik:
Wike is using IPOB deaths to please the Fulani slave masters in the North all because of Vice President position in 2023. I will never surpport PDP and Nyesom Wike again.

Same here!

Nyesom Wike (Nwike) dared open his mouth and proclaimed to the world that he's not Igbo.

Death to PDP.
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by survivor10(m): 6:27am On Nov 21, 2020
AwkaFinest:
Sweet to watch ipoo wail in every thread. Wike you are really tormenting ipoo miscreants.

He killed people, surely innocent people in their villages. and it's sweet to watch?
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by AwkaFinest: 6:29am On Nov 21, 2020
survivor10:

[s]He killed people, surely innocent people in their villages. and it's sweet to watch?[/s]

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by AwkaFinest: 6:30am On Nov 21, 2020
OfficialAwol:

[s]Same here!

Nyesom Wike (Nwike) dared open his mouth and proclaimed to the world that he's not Igbo.

Death to PDP.[/s]

APC did it without Ibos.

Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Difrent: 6:37am On Nov 21, 2020
gidgiddy:
Some day I hope someone will tell us the story about this incredible gun battle where IPOB that is not known to bear arms took down 6 armed Soldiers. I also they tell us the names of these 4 Policemen and 6 Soldiers, pictures of their bodies, the circumstances of their deaths and proof that it was IPOB that killed them.

But of course we will never get anything because it is all fiction. The authorities have become so used to gullible Nigerians believing any statement they make. With no investigation and no proof, Wike blamed IPOB for whatever violence that came out of ENDSARS. He just git up one morning, arrogated himself the role of investigator, prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner of Rivers state. In the process, he invited the security forces that killed far more people.This is someone who claims to be a Lawyer but knows nothing about the rule of law

Wike always be the butcher of Obigbo

you now feel what the government is feeling over Lekki.......whenever they ask for bodies, story change, produce evidence of massacre, you produce edited videos that prove nothing.......pictures nko, na to post those of play by corpers...........in wahtever you do, always have an open mind
Re: I Have No Regret Proscribing Ipob In Rivers State by Kelechiorbih: 6:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Ipob should drop their ambitions and focus on 2023

(1) (Reply)

Politicians In The North Are Scare Of Restructuring Because- Prof Pat Utomi.. / Professor Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's Father / Northerners Lost The War During The Food Blockade By Northern Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.