Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,145 members, 7,943,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

How Did God Make Himself - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did God Make Himself (3370 Views)

Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? / Can God Make Mistake? / Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

No, Your nature!

That’d be you. With your uncaused cause of a god. I’ve just shown you how you come across.

So, congratulations Confusio Expresso

Hell, my crazy ideas are more cogent than your God because I have evidence of Force. Gravity.

I demand evidence of your God.
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

Believe is based on your inadequacy not on the FACT or TRUTH!
Your inadequacy is a function of the depth of your knowledge and experience. It doesn't change the fact!
Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You also believe in what you know!!!!!!!!!
The fact remains that it's impossible for NOTHING to exist while ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms!!!!!!!!
You get exposed to any of those forms by chance!!!!!!!!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You also believe in what you know!!!!!!!!!
The fact remains that it's impossible for NOTHING to exist while ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms!!!!!!!!
You get exposed to any of those forms by chance!!!!!!!!

It’s ironic that when he and other Christians start with their apologetics, they always end up describing their God as nothing i.e spaceless, timeless and immaterial.
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

You are the one misunderstanding me. In plane language, God had always existed as it is impossible to bring forth something out of nothing.
You believe God and the Universe exist alongside NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
But that's pure nonsense!!!!!!!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
Martian:

It’s ironic that when he and other Christians start with their apologetics, they always end up describing their God as nothing i.e spaceless, timeless and immaterial.
They actually define it as SOMETHING/SOMEONE that created the Universe with NOTHING!!!!!
But that's impossible because it's impossible for NOTHING to exist!!!!!!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
HellVictorinho:

They actually define it as SOMETHING/SOMEONE that created the Universe with NOTHING!!!!!
But that's impossible because it's impossible for NOTHING to exist!!!!!!

You’re right but I’ve also heard that spaceless, timeless and immaterial nonsense as the so called uncaused cause of Kalam’s cosmological argument. It’s also “all powerful” and “maximally great”........... ...like the Force cheesy
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

It's just a mere statement!

But it's also true. Man had always created his own gods
1. From Materials
2. From Himself
3. From others

This doesn't mean the real God doesn't exist. It only means that there are COUNTERFEIT Gods!

Counterfeit numero uno is yours.
Re: How Did God Make Himself by davien(m): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
Actually nothing doesn't exist in the way people think. What humans think of nothing is mostly the lack of an aspect or property of a something.

Lawrence kraus dealt with this issue in-depth years ago and I enjoyed his seminar on the topic, I think it's called "why something exists instead of nothing".

What is a nothing? For a nothing to exist, things have to exist to quantify it as lacking those things and if those things exist there can never be a nothing. Things become less complex to reach a ground state but never become inherently nothing.

If I give you money and take it away from you, I have merely moved something from you to me and not created any nothing, in actual sense we say you have nothing when in reality you have no money(lack money) as I have removed that something and left you with no money(altered the state of you having money)
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

I don't know where you got that: God is a Spirit!

Spaceless, timeless, immaterial.......or “Spirit” smiley
Re: How Did God Make Himself by LordTheus(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

He who lives in a glass house...LOL!
Have I made any claims here?
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
davien:
Actually nothing doesn't exist in the way people think. What humans think of nothing is mostly the lack of an aspect or property of a something.

Lawrence kraus dealt with this issue in-depth years ago and I enjoyed his seminar on the topic, I think it's called "why something exists instead of nothing".

What is a nothing? For a nothing to exist, things have to exist to quantify it as lacking those things and if those things exist there can never be a nothing. Things become less complex to reach a ground state but never become inherently nothing.

No one can really fathom “nothing” because the state and the idea are both impossible. The best people can do is imagine a dark vacuum but the vacuum is still something and darkness is just the absence of any light source.

The only people who are experts in nothing are theologians. Especially the christian theologians. Creatio ex nihilo a.k.a in the beginning God said abracadabra and there was light.
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Tamaratonye5(f): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2020
Martian, Bacteriologist, LordTheus et Al

I must commend you guys, I have become rather weary of back and forth exchanges with theists.

The impenetrable vague nature of theist notion is identical only to the implausibility in their baffling comprehension of reality and activities which even they confess to be beyond mere human knowledge

NOT ONCE has Dtruthspeaker, Jesusjnr2020, Maximus69 and the rest of their squad of misfit apologists ever displayed a desire to proffer an intelligent mature response to any question positioned to them about their faith. Rather than solve easy questions or make clear their claims, like all excellent instructors have to, they reply with indignation to the dearth of submissive recognition to their statements which they dogmatically hold as totally inerrant or as sacred capitalised gnostic idealisations beyond query or explanation.

All of them react with less dignity than many tough and red-necked wharfies I actually have labored with. The responses of this theistic bunch endure no resemblance to the quiet fact of each person assured inside the assurance in their very own religious enlightenment. Instead they rant and rail like witchdoctors vainly seeking to impose their dubious strength and questionable know-how.

For more than thirty years I even have seen the same arguments and indignation paraded and stupidly defended by way of wave after wave of intransigent unintelligent would be cliches. On the alternative hand I actually have had the pleasure of engaging with a few exceptional theists who I nevertheless maintain in excessive regard, who have quietly and intelligently explained and demonstrated the power in their religion and who on the same time acknowledged their doubts and uncertainties, but they may be lamentably few in number.

So with that to enjoy behind me, and due to the fact I even have given up hope of ever rescuing my brother from the despicable christian brethren cult who've claimed him, I find it more and more unrewarding or maybe a laugh to have interactions with people like this tag crew bunch who seek to wrestle and rage towards common sense and understanding and who only debate to please their pious vanity and shore up comforts of their saintly lack of knowledge

I’m reminded of the quote, I accept as true with from Mark Twain: “Never wrestle a pig, you’ll best get dirty, and the pig might enjoy it.”

5 Likes

Re: How Did God Make Himself by davien(m): 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
Martian:

No one can really fathom “nothing” because the state and the idea are both impossible. The best people can do is imagine a dark vacuum but the vacuum is still something and darkness is just the absence of any light source.

The only people who are experts in nothing are theologians. Especially the christian theologians. Creatio ex nihilo a.k.a in the beginning God said abracadabra and there was light.
Lol, you are wrong there buddy. The people who're experts are physicists.

Christian Theologians are by definition subjective due to their beliefs and moreso do not study matter objectively in the physical world like physicists.
Re: How Did God Make Himself by shadeyinka2: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
Martian:

That’d be you. With your uncaused cause of a god. I’ve just shown you how you come across.

So, congratulations Confusio Expresso

Hell, my crazy ideas are more cogent than your God because I have evidence of Force. Gravity.

I demand evidence of your God.
Crazy ideas they are no wonder they are warped and incoherent!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by shadeyinka2: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
HellVictorinho:

You believe God and the Universe exist alongside NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
But that's pure nonsense!!!!!!!
I sometimes wonder if your problem is difficulty of comprehension or obstinacy steeped in ignorance.

You are the one misunderstanding
me. In plane language, God had always existed as it is impossible to bring forth something out of nothing.

I wonder where you read that
"You believe God and the Universe exist alongside NOTHING"

Read again!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by shadeyinka2: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
Martian:

Counterfeit numero uno is yours.
What's then the real one as you seem to know the counterfeit ones.

Can a counterfeit exist without an original?
LOL!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka2:

What's then the real one as you seem to know the counterfeit ones.

Can a counterfeit exist without an original?
LOL!

Yes, and the original is the Force and the other Forces. There are 10 total Forces, gravity is just the emanation of one of them.
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka2:

Crazy ideas they are no wonder they are warped and incoherent!

My ideas are still more coherent than yours. But that’s not saying much.

Isnt the rapist God your particular diety? The uncaused cause who raped some Jewish child in order to give birth to himself and sacrifice himself to himself to forgive you because a talking snake convinced a clone to eat a fruit in a garden.........

1 Like

Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
davien:
Lol, you are wrong there buddy. The people who're experts are physicists.

Christian Theologians are by definition subjective due to their beliefs and moreso do not study matter objectively in the physical world like physicists.

That’s why I called them experts in “nothing”. They don’t study anything objectively. It’s just 1+a+ magic = God.......uncaused cause.

1 Like

Re: How Did God Make Himself by shadeyinka2: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
Martian:

LOL!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka2:

LOL!

LMAO!!!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by kingxsamz(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Martian:

Isnt the rapist God your particular diety? The uncaused caused who raped some Jewish child in other to give birth to himself and sacrifice himself to himself to forgive you because a talking snake convinced a clone to eat a fruit in a garden.........

grin grin grin
Re: How Did God Make Himself by hahn(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

It's just a mere statement!

But it's also true. Man had always created his own gods
1. From Materials
2. From Himself
3. From others

This doesn't mean the real God doesn't exist. It only means that there are COUNTERFEIT Gods!

Which god is the real god then?

1 Like

Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka2:

I sometimes wonder if your problem is difficulty of comprehension or obstinacy steeped in ignorance.

You are the one misunderstanding

I wonder where you read that
"You believe God and the Universe exist alongside NOTHING"

Read again!
Pure nonsense!!!!!!
You can't state what God used to create the Universe but you're telling me God exists and God created this and that!!!!!!!
You're indirectly telling me God used NOTHING!!!!!
Furk your inability to assess your own goddamn statements !!!!!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by shadeyinka2: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Pure nonsense!!!!!!
You can't state what God used to create the Universe but you're telling me God exists and God created this and that!!!!!!!
You're indirectly telling me God used NOTHING!!!!!
Furk your inability to assess your own goddamn statements !!!!!
All I have told you is that God had ALWAYS being as the Uncaused First Cause!
Is that difficult to comprehend?

Something cannot come out of nothing
If somethings exist, it means there was always something. Your bias would not allow you to process this
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Dtruthspeaker: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

I must commend you guys, I have become rather weary of back and forth exchanges with theists.

The impenetrable vague nature of theist notion is identical only to the implausibility in their baffling comprehension of reality and activities which even they confess to be beyond mere human knowledge

NOT ONCE has Dtruthspeaker, Jesusjnr2020, Maximus69 and the rest of their squad of misfit apologists ever displayed a desire to proffer an intelligent mature response to any question positioned to them about their faith. Rather than solve easy questions or make clear their claims, like all excellent instructors have to, they reply with indignation to the dearth of submissive recognition to their statements which they dogmatically hold as totally inerrant or as sacred capitalised gnostic idealisations beyond query or explanation.....”

Satanmara, the thing about being a Judge in your own court, is that, just like your father Satan, you can do anything that pleases you, whether it is fair or not (fairness is a strange thing to you), just or not (justice ke?), right or not, good or not (the eviler, the better).

You are your own law, prosecutor and judge at the same time, and Whatever Judgment whether right or wrong (your preference), good or evil (your preference again) you hold, No matter how evil or unjust or Crazy it is, it Is Always the law, in your own court.

After all it is your own court and it is your own law, Not Necessarily The Law Which is True (True, what's that? Lies! "Yay," you say).

So even when we have resolved it and Proven All, in your court, you must say, "I fail to see how you have established...."

And I answer, "your Dishonour, you do not see because you suffer from Cataract and Evil Blindness, and you should have no business being on "the bench", your Dishonour! angry

But would such a Dishonour leave her bench? undecided
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
shadeyinka2:

All I have told you is that God had ALWAYS being as the Uncaused First Cause!
Is that difficult to comprehend?

Something cannot come out of nothing
If somethings exist, it means there was always something. Your bias would not allow you to process this
There's no statement worthy of processing in your goddamn write-ups!!!!!!!
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Bacteriologist(m): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

I’m reminded of the quote, I accept as true with from Mark Twain: “Never wrestle a pig, you’ll best get dirty, and the pig might enjoy it.”

Your compliments are well noted, Tamarantonye.

I agree it is a huge task bantering with people who have resigned the use of common sense. It is a neck wrecking task trying to reason with adults whose mental capacity are complete ship wrecks no thanks to wholesale brainwashing, dogma and childhood indoctrination.

As hard as it seems, I take solace in the fact that there are religious people whose minds are not nearly as damaged and totally decimated by yampy religious bullshitery. Such people may be seeking answers to the questions that normally rational minds would ask about indoctrinated beliefs.

My discussions with apologists is not to win, per say, but to make other theists on the fence see, first-hand, why religion is a total misnomer and how it brings out the worst in people.

The conversations I read some 3 years ago slowly helped me shed that skin of stupidity and irrationality religion clothed me since I was born. I believe it can do the same for few more people. We must not relent in engaging primitive religious minds. At least I can speak for myself on that.

I, for one, have missed your quite resourceful rebuttals to theist propositions in this section. I have to confess I took an anonymous visit to your profile a few days back. I'm glad you are not too far away from here. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Your compliments are well noted, Tamarantonye.

I agree it is a huge task bantering with people who have resigned the use of common sense. It is a neck wrecking task trying to reason with adults whose mental capacity are complete ship wrecks no thanks to wholesale brainwashing, dogma and childhood indoctrination.

As hard as it seems, I take solace in the fact that there are religious people whose minds are not nearly as damaged and totally decimated by yampy religious bullshitery. Such people may be seeking answers to the questions that normally rational minds would ask about indoctrinated beliefs.

My discussions with apologists is not to win, per say, but to make other theists on the fence see, first-hand, why religion is a total misnomer and how it brings out the worst in people.

The conversations I read some 3 years ago slowly helped me shed that skin of stupidity and irrationality religion clothed me since I was born. I believe it can do the same for few more people. We must not relent in engaging primitive religious minds. At least I can speak for myself on that.

I, for one, have missed your quite resourceful rebuttals to theist propositions in this section. I have to confess I took an anonymous visit to your profile a few days back. I'm glad you are not too far away from here. Cheers.
Did you know that it's not advisable to be an atheist in Nigeria?
The more religious you are, the better your chances of being treated as part of the society.
Therefore,any religious person that loses faith in whatever God also has to be careful as he or she can also be regarded as unemployable or as a lunatic, actually.
As a result of this and other things,I think life is an absurdity.
So,people like me await death in whatever inevitable manner.
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Bacteriologist(m): 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Did you know that it's not advisable to be an atheist in Nigeria?
The more religious you are, the better your chances of being treated as part of the society.
Therefore,any religious person that loses faith in whatever God also has to be careful as he or she can also be regarded as unemployable or as a lunatic, actually.
As a result of this and other things,I think life is an absurdity.
So,people like me await death in whatever inevitable manner.

It was also not advisable to believe the earth was round at a time to prevent being ostracized from society. Many people were alienated from the society or even killed (in the case of Galileo and the catholic church) for daring to "think freely" and away from the common accepted beliefs of the society.

The fear of society is not enough reason to continue to believe in absurd and batshit crazy claims. The argumentum ad populum fallacy exists because people are not perfect thinkers. And many people believing in something does not necessarily make it true.

That said, it can be easier to join the crowd especially when it's a fanatic environment to avoid dangerous situations. I play safe when I'm in public spaces. But I think it's becoming less common for people to be (physically) persecuted for thinking freely in south western Nigeria where I live.

Although, I don't see how that has to do with what Tamara and I were discussing tho, or the OP. Why do you like talking off point?
Re: How Did God Make Himself by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

It was also not advisable to believe the earth was round at a time to prevent being ostracized from society. Many people were alienated from the society or even killed (in the case of Galileo and the catholic church) for daring to "think freely" and away from the common accepted beliefs of the society.

The fear of society is not enough reason to continue to believe in absurd and batshit crazy claims. The argumentum ad populum fallacy exists because people are not perfect thinkers. And many people believing in something does not necessarily make it true.

That said, it can be easier to join the crowd especially when it's a fanatic environment to avoid dangerous situations. I play safe when I'm in public spaces. But I think it's becoming less common for people to be (physically) persecuted for thinking freely.

Although, I don't see how that has to do with what Tamara and I were discussing tho, or the OP. Why do you like talking off point?
Off-point??
Isn't it all about what is true or false?
Perhaps,I've taken the matter further or I've extended the issue but that doesn't mean I've diverted from it.
Ultimately,I've seen enough ##*"&#††& and I await death in whatever inevitable manner!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. / Image Of The Recaptured Abobaku To Be Buried With Oni Of Ife Today. / Is Jesus Christ Created?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.