Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,789 members, 7,969,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 05:19 AM

Blessing In Paying Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blessing In Paying Tithe? (703 Views)

Poll: Do you pay Tithe and blessed as a result?

Yes I do I am blessed: 33% (1 vote)
No I don't I am blessed: 66% (2 votes)
Yes I do but I am not blessed: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blessing In Paying Tithe? by otitokoro1: 10:36am On Mar 21, 2011
Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it".

Despite this promise of blessing.  Why are Christians not blessed?
Re: Blessing In Paying Tithe? by SirJohn(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2011
otitokoro1:

Despite this promise of blessing.  Why are Christians not blessed?

First of all, it is wrong to say that Christians are not blessed. Secondly, Gods blessings are not dependent on your obedience of the law of tithing; there are some Christians who pay tithes and are blessed just as you have some who do not pay and are equally blessed. in between, you also have some who pay tithes but cannot say they see the blessings.
God is sovereign in all things
Re: Blessing In Paying Tithe? by KunleOshob(m): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2011
@Post
To answer your question, christians are not blessed when they 'tithe' cos God never asked christians to tithe in the first place, that is aside the fact that the type of tithe preached and practised today is totally different from the scriptural one. The outline for scriptural tithing is clearly stated in deut 14:22-29 but it is only the twisted man made version that churches preach today.

(1) (Reply)

Deception / Short Cut To Achieving Your Goals And Dreams In Life. / Prayer And Intercession For The Saints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.