Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:32 AM

Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March (16110 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV / Rotimi Amaechi And Fani-Kayode On Politics Today On Channels TV. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2011
I had admired GEJ since the day he was 'gud-LUCKY' to take over from his dead-announced boss. I had thought I would vote him because he was infarct for the first time, the only president who had made himself available for people's views on facebook.

However, I lost passion, interest and 'unliked' his page on facebook immediately I discovered he doesn't care about our comments. This is followed by an insolent and deliberate shunning of invitations to debate issues affecting us as Nigerians.

If he could pay heavily for 'koko-concert' but trivialize such debates, it is a strong pointer that he only would raise his shoulders high at us after achieving his aim.

If only votes would be truly counted, and ACN, CPC, Pat Utomi, Dele Momodu, etc could merge, these cult would be banished come April -I'm paradise sure!
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by otokx(m): 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2011
Does the common man in Mbiama have access to "channels tv"? A radio debate would have done more good for the people of Nigeria.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
^^^ At least 'common man' has access to the internet. You could hook up with live transcripts on Facebook with What About Us or at Saharareporters.com
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by naijangel7(f): 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
"We are irked because the President chose to ignore a debate, a rational discussion, organised by a youth coalition and instead paid for a free concert. I can almost hear his voice in my head: “Oh! What do you people know about governance and reasoning: Abeg, go and sing and dance, jare”. Classic example of thinking he can choose to be irresponsible to the average young Nigerian.

We are standing up against him. We do not care if he has paid all the young musicians to ‘influence us’. Yes, we shall sing and dance later. But, we want to face more pressing matters. We want to be sure we have a stable, rationally governed state. Then we can listen to these artists entertain us.

Nigerian youths are asking: What about us? Join the movement. Let that generation know that we matter. No, let them know that we are all that matters.

Because we clutch our blackberries and supposedly, spend all our day on twitter and Facebook, one may be tempted to think we do not have ‘time for politics’. Like the Egyptians and Tunisians, we shall use these same tools to decide who rules us".

- Y! Naija

http://ynaija.com/dbanj-interviews-jonathan-what-about-us/#comment-28707
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by 77ken: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2011
From the what about us website poll, jonathan and momodu will not be attending the debate but four other candidates; utomi, okotie, ribadu and buhari will be attending that should make it interesting enough for Nigerian youths.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by 3kay945(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
am waiting for the day, it going to be uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by BetaThings: 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
otokx:

Does the common man in Mbiama have access to "channels tv"? A radio debate would have done more good for the people of Nigeria.
I agree but TV is still more accessible than facebook where Jonathan is preaching.
EPL is shown on TV, but not aired on radio
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by 3kay945(m): 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2011
77ken:

From the what about us website poll, jonathan and momodu will not be attending the debate but four other candidates; utomi, okotie, ribadu and buhari will be attending that should make it interesting enough for Nigerian youths.

if GEJ failed to appear this time, then he must be up to something , am suspecting RIGGING
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by naijangel7(f): 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
otokx:

Otokx, the common man can hear commentaries about it on AM or SW radio on Voice of America. Those Chinese radios cost about N500, N600 lol  grin Seriously, Voice of America is following this closely.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Gbenge77(m): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2011
excellent!
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by otokx(m): 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
A lot of us nairalanders are living in denial; access to internet in Nigeria is not for the common man. A debate carried on the signals of Radio Nigeria will reach much more people.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by 3kay945(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2011
naijangel7:

Otokx, the common man can hear commentaries about it on AM or SW radio on Voice of America. Those Chinese radios cost about N500, N600 lol  grin Seriously, Voice of America is following this closely.
what about those on the street still hustling
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by naijangel7(f): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
Any radio that can access Radio Nigeria, can get Voice of America. Am i wrong? undecided
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by 77ken: 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
@naijaangel7, must say I am impressed with what you guys are doing, hope it doesn`t end here.
Keep it clean though.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by naijangel7(f): 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2011
77ken:

@naijaangel7, must say I am impressed with what you guys are doing, hope it doesn`t end here.
Keep it clean though.

Thanks, dear. All for the love of Naija.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Ayoobscom(m): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2011
we can but pray

over 12 years ago
we were burried in quietness
in poverty and tyranny

we yelled like a labouring sheep
felling the plaques of corruption

we yell of
the rariry of light

we yell of
the soberity of exploitation and unemployment
and the wanton kidnaping gut

one can but pray

fears wilt me like a sacrificial ram at the sight of knife
when my brothers,sisters,uncle,mother,father,sweating
Matching-echoing PDP again-and I said to thou forgetful

The diggers on your hands thou blinfold
are meant but for digging graves
for your 3 months pregnancy
for your 5 years old baby
Digging another grave anew
when with untested solis we can build a paradise
not anymore
the umbrella's that rains lies and fire
not anymore

we can but pray!
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by klear(f): 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
@naijaangel7 kip up d good work & kip d tots klean. posterity will judge all of us. we r talkin abt our future & he is talkin abt a CONCERT?. d fact dat he kips refusin 2 participate n debates is nt countin in his favour at all. Is he hidin anytin?
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by ebealways: 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
Demonstration of craze, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by spikedcylinder: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
Good point. These are just busybodies. Anyone and everyone now seems to be organizing debates

We will soon have the national association of vulganizers organizing a presidential debate. Rather watch that than all these clowns.

But please note that OUR DEAR MODERATOR IS IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH BUHARI AND HIS ORGANIZATION.

Are our details safe?

This is the kind of backward thinking we cannot afford anymore in this country. What is wrong if an association of welders or vulganisers decide to speak to their president regarding their own future? Are you a better Nigerian than them? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Pappij: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2011
Personally, it will be disappointing if anyone is seen at the koko wateva. It will be more disgusting to have anyone (whether youth or not) vote for the man GEJ.

This is the height of disrespect!
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by sirabbey(m): 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2011
Dbanj reminds me of Daniel Kanu of Youth earnestly ask for Abacha (YEAA), what became of him?---he has been confined to the dustbin of history and will be named as an example of what a responsible youth should not be in a social science class. Dbanj greed for pecuniary gains will be his undoing this time around. GEJ is insulting the sensibilities of all nigerian youths and Dbanj offer himself as the scapegoat to be "Kobalize" in a "KoKomost" matter as the election and future of Nigerian youth. Barring any rigging of the election, GEJ is in for a shocker, Nigerian youths are no longer blind, and we refused to sell our birthright like esau howbeit in dancing. No canditate who continually shun a Job interview will be given the Job no matter how qualified he is, unfortuantely for GEJ his antecedents in governance in the past 12 years has shown that he has NOT what is required to move this nation forward and as such we shall gladly assist him by voting him out of office. Our nation can not be hung in the balance by the gooluck (divine or otherwise!) of a grossly imcompetent  Ebele.

@Ayoobscom, we need to do more than pray, lest we fall into the same error our beloved parents fell into. We need to mobillize ourselves and vote out the looters. God will denitely not do what he has empower man to do, no matter how much prayer and fasting man decide to engage himself in on the matter. Cheers
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by aderico: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
I am really curious why Jonathan has been avoiding every form of debate been organized between other opposition and himself. Isn't it very obvious that pdp as a party has no programme to sell to the Nigerian youth. All i keep hearing on mass media is that we will repair Roads, provide employment,etc but they have never said how they are going to do it. Look at the budget been passed where the bulk of the budget is recurrent expenditure at the detriment of capital expenditure.

We have allowed sentiment, tribalism, and nepotism to override our judgment. We are not voting for a candidate based on what the programme and what they have to offer. The youths of this great country Nigeria needs to wake up from their slumbers because our actions of today will determine our tomorrow.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by naijangel7(f): 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2011
Debate Viewing

Wondering Where to Watch the “What About Us?” Debate? We Have Some Ideas!

A debate viewing party will be a great way share the experience with your online and offline network as we learn more about the presidential candidate’s policies and plans for Nigeria.

How to Host a Debate Viewing Party In 5 Simple Steps

Step 1: Pick a venue; it can be at your house or ask your local bar or chill spot if they can accommodate you and a few of your friends. It’s Friday and we are young so after the debate, it’s the after-party smiley

Step 2: Invite friends, neighbors, and colleagues; even invite voters you don’t agree with or those who support other candidates! In fact, you must. It will make the debate more interesting for everyone! Tell everyone to arrive early at 6:30PM – No naija time o!

Step 3:  Watch and listen. We all need to Vote Wisely on April 9th. #gbam!

Step 4: Tweet, Facebook & BBM as you watch to share your immediate thoughts, reactions and comments.

Step 5: Post-Debate Reaction – Vote for your winner on http://whataboutusnigeria.org/debate-viewing. Note that poll will only become active after the debate on Friday!

Also, please create awareness for the debate on your facebook update by posting this :

Showing live on Channels on Friday, March 25th @ 7 pm is the What About Us? Debate, Nigeria's first youth-centered presidential debate. Send your questions to questions@whataboutusnigeria.org; submit a form on the website - www.whataboutusnigeria.org or via SMS - 33054. Format: RSVP Candidate Question

and encourage your friends to do the same  grin
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by 3kay945(m): 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
only an insane and corrupt mind will vote p.d.p next month
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by emekagh(m): 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
The youth are waiting for the much touted BON debate. The youth and Nigerians are one and the same. And we are earnestly waiting for the BON debate. Frankly, these many debates by every Chukwudi, Ejiro, Kayode, and Isah are becoming unnecessary distraction from the real issues of credible elections.

Will there be debates organised for the teenagers (18 -19) and elderly (45 - and above)? And while we are at it, debates organised for the unborn, the dead, the Christians and Muslims, and then a debate organised by various ethnic groups, civil societies, clans, every family and perhaps for every potential voter?

One debate is enough for all. Nigerians will hear the President on BON debate. Nigerians earnestly wait for the BON debates!
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by mmerenudan(m): 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2011
i employ yo coolu all to check out this new blog of mine: www.mygsmvillage..com
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Halogen50(m): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2011
drpanaba:

I had admired GEJ since the day he was 'gud-LUCKY' to take over from his dead-announced boss. I had thought I would vote him because he was infarct for the first time, the only president who had made himself available for people's views on facebook.

However, I lost passion, interest and 'unliked' his page on facebook immediately I discovered he doesn't care about our comments. This is followed by an insolent and deliberate shunning of invitations to debate issues affecting us as Nigerians.

If he could pay heavily for 'koko-concert' but trivialize such debates, it is a strong pointer that he only would raise his shoulders high at us after achieving his aim.

If only votes would be truly counted, and ACN, CPC, Pat Utomi, Dele Momodu, etc could merge, these cult would be banished come April -I'm paradise sure!

In my own case, I lost faith in him following his comments about ACN governors being rascals and a host of other actions that show that he is not thinking through his actions. It makes me wonder who his campaign advisers are.
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by ifyalways(f): 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2011
I definitely would follow this debate.
@Ayoobscom,we have prayed enough . . .now is the time to act on our faith. wink
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Halogen50(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
emeka_gh:

The youth are waiting for the much touted BON debate. The youth and Nigerians are one and the same. And we are earnestly waiting for the BON debate. Frankly, these many debates by every Chukwudi, Ejiro, Kayode, and Isah are becoming unnecessary distraction from the real issues of credible elections.

One debate is enough for all. Nigerians will hear the President on BON debate. Nigerians earnestly wait for the BON debates!
Not sure that this debate you are waiting for will happen before the elections. It will probably happen after the elections
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2011
Good point. These are just busybodies. Anyone and everyone now seems to be organizing debates

We will soon have the national association of [size=18pt]vulganizers[/size] organizing a presidential debate. Rather watch that than all these clowns.

But please note that OUR DEAR MODERATOR IS IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH BUHARI AND HIS ORGANIZATION.

Are our details safe?

No wonder you want GEJ to continue in office. I am sure you are under the Umblerra too.

Are you a graduate of Biolgy or do you also have a PhD in Zoology?
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by CrudeOil2(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2011
Same old song. Just tired of this bullshít, the elections should come and go abeg, so that all this noise would come to end. Look at how they act as if they really care. Everybody now wants to organize a debate. Debate my foot!
Re: Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March by Princek12(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ebele is tripping. If he does not participate in this debate then Nigerians should not vote for him. Such refusal to participate in two open debates would signal a complete disregard for his constituents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Teargas Beverly Nkemdiche In Anambra House of Assembly (PHOTOS) / Edo: How Bayelsa Verdict Weighs Against Oshiomhole - The Guardian / National Chairman Of Controversial APC's Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.