Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

When Last Did You Hear A Sermon/message On Any Of These Passages? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did You Hear A Sermon/message On Any Of These Passages? (216 Views)

Dami Mike-Bamiloye: Emmanuela Sent Message On Facebook To Me, Now She’s My Wife / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / 101 Scientific Facts In The Bible With Bible Passages To Back It It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Last Did You Hear A Sermon/message On Any Of These Passages? by davidinchrist(m): 11:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
Now, I don't mean just the speaking or preaching on them; I mean plus practical Obedience: Reality, not just Great words or wonderful explanations.

Matthew 10:38 KJV
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24 KJV
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luke 14:27 KJV
And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

John 12:24 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Matthew 10:39 KJV
[39] He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Luke 9:59-60 KJV
And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

[60] Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:62 KJV
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:24 KJV
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

If yes, then I must praise God for you and your church/pastor. Otherwise, I would be sure that something is terribly wrong with your faith in Christ. And it's most likely you're still being victimized by wolves in sheep's clothing: they usually avoid verses like these like the plague, or twist some to form the false grace/prosperity gospel. Let's examine ourselves really well, lest we'll continue living in a world of delusion of great men/church.

May Jesus bless you.
Re: When Last Did You Hear A Sermon/message On Any Of These Passages? by davidinchrist(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2020
Matt.10.39 - If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give it up for me, you will find it.

Luke.14.26 - "If you want to be my follower you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, more than your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.

Luke.14.33 - So no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me.

(1) (Reply)

Southern Kaduna: House Of Kaduna Family'll Work Hard To Sustain Peace- Gumi / Everyone Has Enemies / How To Live Stream Winners’ Chapel Shiloh 2020 (watch Online)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.