Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,059 members, 7,973,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:26 PM

Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws (23102 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Outstrip(f): 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
Jennnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you are rotten LOL
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Rofl. grin grin

abi? she says talk about it, like they cant get a copy of AskMen or Cosmo and lie that they do this and that then when time comes na epic failure, hahaha

On a serious note, I do see where outstrip is coming from.

What benefit can come from outstrip method that can outweigh a potential disaster in marrying a dud for 40yrs or more?

Abeg test drive jare.

Outstrip did enuff validation and test driving and now she is telling ppl to hold body

SHiioor
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Outstrip(f): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
dayokanu:

What benefit can come from outstrip method that can outweigh a potential disaster in marrying a dud for 40yrs or more?

Abeg test drive jare.

Outstrip did enuff validation and test driving and now she is telling ppl to hold body

SHiioor

I did and i did it with a lot of guilt. I was not true to myself. It might not work for you but I know that it would have made things easier had I waited till I was ready. It also helps if the other person feels the same way. You can keep each other in check.
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by LadyT(f): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2011
Dayo all this you shakara sef anyone would think you were german machine between the sheets go and sit down jor. tongue
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by dayokanu(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2011
I no dey yarn anything or shakara o. Go check my profile pic

Taste it and you shall testify to the goodness of God in the land of men
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by LadyT(f): 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
angry So you are an alcoholic? Before any action you have already drunk yourself into a stupor!
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by dayokanu(m): 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
LadyT:

angry So you are an alcoholic? Before any action you have already drunk yourself into a stupor!

Didnt you see the 2 at the extreme? Alomo and Mandingo
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by mise003: 4:20am On Mar 30, 2011
hello baby im mise olamide, i also is in crown poly i will like to no you ok
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 30, 2011
^^ hehehehe just what dayo and saga need. A gay dude shoving his yekini up their emergency back exit. But thats if you are a gay guy though.
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by adamsrib(f): 11:06am On Mar 30, 2011
My husband's parents retired to a neighboring country so I met my future sisters and brothers in law first. It was very lovely. Out of his siblings only two were cold to me. I figured two out of six wasn't bad. But they came around very quickly after I met my future Mum and Dad.

Meeting Mum and Dad was wonderful! Mum was so relieved and happy that I wasn't making her baby (he's the youngest) move to US that she loved me right away. She is here now with us helping me with my Nigerian cooking (there are some things a recipe can't show you) and helping me decorate our flat. All of my sisters in law work and are raising small kids so their time is limited, I thank God for Mum! I have quickly grown to love my new family very much. I am blessed.

1 Like

Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by CoCoLav(f): 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
bump
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Viking007(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
IjogzK:
How does it feel when you are meeting your Fiance/Fiancee parents for the 1st time?
Am not looking forward to that dat day because i naturally freak-out when am tensed, especially when the questions are becoming impossible.
How was your experience?
cheesy God bless you & Google for this thread, going to read every line one by one. I'm going to see mine on Sunday and I'm extremely tensed. embarassed
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Viking007(m): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
ifyalways:
@OP,First meeting at their own home or at your guys place.  undecided
Some people get caught on lingerie when mama pays an impromptu visit.First impression matters most huh  cheesy
My first meeting of my husbands folks at their home was very informal been that I have meet all but the dad on visits and sleeping overs.We were already at home with each other so the "meeting" was more of a legal reunion.
Keyword is to feel free,answer questions as clear and as honest as they come . . .most parents have ears for details and can store data so don't lie,answer their questions and ask them related questions abt themselves too.
Any example regarding the kind of questions? embarassed
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Viking007(m): 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
MissIfe:
I met my FIL at my brother in law's wedding, I was very anxious due to the cultural differences but my father in law was great and made me feel comfortable from day 1. No wonder my husband is such a nice man, having a good father like his.

I guess it was still easier as a woman, things were not so easy for my husband, he got along fine with my dad but my mom had the tendency to see any boy around her daughters as a threat  wink He took things easy with his usual patience and didn't reply any of her attacks,  grin
shocked
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Viking007(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
Abayomin70:
guy am really waitnig for that day first before going i go don drink like 8 can star so as to be very fit
cheesy
Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Viking007(m): 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
leoebhos:
Am just so scared of meeting them, i dont think i am ready for their questions yet. I have not read enough.
Exactly how I feel right now. cheesy

Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by AXYZ: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
My FIL tried to 'intimidate' me on my first visit, especially having gone with no friend. I had just met his daughter barely a month and my friend was afraid to follow me, having known what I could do.

Secondly, as a sign of respect, I had genuflected rather than prostrating and FIL had to chastise me and teach me how it's done.
He also queried if I was marrying his daughter because she was working as if I was jobless. God knows, I almost broke the relationship with my now wife but for her pleas. Sometimes I don't want to remember his supposed 'joke' of his.

Four years later, I think it was worth the courage.

1 Like

Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by Viking007(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
Let me kukuma post my own experience, someone somewhere will surely Google up this tips years from now just like I did cheesy.

Tension. Tension almost killed me, lol i was literally shivering, who wouldn't? Going to court the only female in a family with 5 hefty men is not a journey for the fainthearted. All the tips I've read from here really helped. From standing while greeting and eye contact etc. Please don't go empty handed, I spent roughly 20k on a hamper and wine and I'm so glad I did. This family already killed a goat because I'm coming. Imagine coming empty handed after they've sacrifice alot for my coming. cheesy

Overall it was a good experience. I really blended with the Dad & I tried not to argue cheesy another tip from this thread. Dress simple, a white native atire always works. You have every right to be tensed. Enjoy it!

©™ Viking007
wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws by dokyOloye: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
chillbabe:
Meeting my husband parents was a task for me sins am not Nigerian i landed and when i came to our house they where there. I watch allot of Naija movies so i was prepared but to my surprise they took me in i have wonderfull inlwas. Now when i report their son to them they always take my side, gheghe hi hihi hahaha. They luv me as their daughters his father doesnt play with me. So why do the Naija movies send the message that inlaws are terrible
One of the reasons I dislike and never watch Nigerian movies.
They paint all of us bad.
Music videos nko?
You'd think Nigeria is flowing with milk and honey.
Meanwhile other ppl use their movies and music to promote their culture and society.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Laconco Biography: Age, Child, New Body, Husband, Real Name, Weight Loss, Son / The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.