Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,795 members, 7,905,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:24 PM

Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? (8666 Views)

REMINDER: Go To Court If You Feel Insulted. APC To Jonathan. How Time Flies. / Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide / People That Voted For Jonathan: How Do You Feel About What You Have Caused? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by rasputinn(m): 9:57am On Apr 07, 2011
Very correct

VOTE GEJ MASSIVELY ACROSS THE COUNTRY
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by Xfactoria: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2011
micklplus:

X factoria, take life easy and accept the fact that, change is here! Wouldn't you rather vote for a president that would handle issues squarely? Would you prefer to have a president that doesn't have balls?

I would rather give my vote to a Buhari than give it to jona jona that is being pulled around on strings like a puppet!

Again, you are not a student of history. Otherwise, you will know that Buhari himself has got no balls!

Let me remind you that the only thing IBB had to do to oust him out of power in August 1985 was to ensure Tunde Idiagbon was away on hajj. Buhari was toothless and docile so much that even when it was a popular gist in the military in those days of how IBB was making stupendous wealth trading drugs, Buhari could not deal with him despite his supposed fight against corruption, despite killing innocent people who allegedly committed crimes long before Nigerian laws made their acts criminal.

Please, please, please, history is there to tell you the charcter of this pretender who has now found righteousness in your gullible minds!!!
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by Excllncy(m): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2011
Lagosian will vote for Jonathan and Fashola. Nobody will waste his/her vote for Buhari or Ribadu.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by micklplus(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2011
Ex factoria, I must admit, u have good analytical views but, can we as a people be doing same thing the same way and expect different result?

Firstly, let's do away with PDP! PDP is like occult and they holding us to ransom.
Secondly, we should do away with a puppet as our presido. We need a tactical approach to governance and we need who can represent that. Our president must have balls

Thirdly, we need to fight corruption through various government machineries which our president must buy into. We don't want a president that would sit on EFCC and ICPC and files would be disappearing and our presido can do nada.

Also, we need a president that would tackle and handle issues and not a president that would tell us to pray for terrorists and bombers to come and confess!!!!!!!

We need a president that won't make vague promises.

We need a president that would build our reserve and not a president that would deplete our foreign reserve in one year.
We need a president that would jail you for not executing project that you have collected money for.

To me, jona jona doesn't represent any of the above and that's why I would rather give my vote to BB.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by peelovee(f): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2011
I will vote for GEJ.
i am wil not vote for any political party but a candidate of my choice.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by peelovee(f): 10:17am On Apr 07, 2011
will vote for GEJ.
i will not vote for any political party but a candidate of my choice.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by Xfactoria: 10:30am On Apr 07, 2011
micklplus:

Ex factoria, I must admit, u have good analytical views but, can we as a people be doing same thing the same way and expect different result?

Firstly, let's do away with PDP! PDP is like occult and they holding us to ransom.
Secondly, we should do away with a puppet as our presido. We need a tactical approach to governance and we need who can represent that. Our president must have balls

Thirdly, we need to fight corruption through various government machineries which our president must buy into. We don't want a president that would sit on EFCC and ICPC and files would be disappearing and our presido can do nada.

Also, we need a president that would tackle and handle issues and not a president that would tell us to pray for terrorists and bombers to come and confess!!!!!!!

We need a president that won't make vague promises.

We need a president that would build our reserve and not a president that would deplete our foreign reserve in one year.
We need a president that would jail you for not executing project that you have collected money for.

To me, jona jona doesn't represent any of the above and that's why I would rather give my vote to BB.

Well said, man. But the point I have been making is that Buhari does not represent that change. Let me tell you point blank, there is no such group as progressives again in this country or let me say they do not exist in my own definition of progressives if Buhari is the best they can offer.

Are we saying that Buhari is the only one that can fight corruption?? How about men like Prof. Pat Utomi? Why can't we get someone with less weights of ethnic and religious bigotry and arrogance if we are really sincere about CHANGE? GEJ (reservations about PDP), Ribadu and El-Rufai may have one or two questions to answer but have definitely not soiled their hands like this man and they are still young.

Why must we keep recycling some old folks who should be waiting for death and judgement in heaven as if there are no brains in this country?

Look, men who can fix Nigeria abound everywhere in this country. Let us be sincere in our search for them.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by efisher(m): 10:35am On Apr 07, 2011
@ X-factoria, true talk from you once again. Bravo.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by juman(m): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2011
grin grin grin

Say Jonathan
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by JimmyBoy1: 10:44am On Apr 07, 2011
X-factoria:

Well said, man. But the point I have been making is that Buhari does not represent that change. Let me tell you point blank, there is no such group as progressives again in this country or let me say they do not exist in my own definition of progressives if Buhari is the best they can offer.

Are we saying that Buhari is the only one that can fight corruption?? How about men like Prof. Pat Utomi? Why can't we get someone with less weights of ethnic and religious bigotry and arrogance if we are really sincere about CHANGE? GEJ (reservations about PDP), Ribadu and El-Rufai may have one or two questions to answer but have definitely not soiled their hands like this man and they are still young.

Why must we keep recycling some old folks who should be waiting for death and judgement in heaven as if there are no brains in this country?

Look, men who can fix Nigeria abound everywhere in this country. Let us be sincere in our search for them.

Your postulation will be valid of only you are rooting for someone like Pat Utomi or Pastor Okotie, but you are rooting for this same old recylced people who have been smart enough to repackage theirselves as new by using a new wrapper called Goodlock Jonathan.

We ain't buying the dummy.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by efisher(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2011
I wish all the hype was about Ribadu / Adeola. My joy would have been full. Lagos and Edo States have given me enough assurance in the capability of ACN candidates to deliver. Ribadu and Adeola have what it takes to move us ahead. This election would have made more sense if it was a battle between PDP and ACN. CPC is just a facade. We have absolutely nothing concrete to judge them by. The few good points have lots of ambiguity shrouding them.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by member479760: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2011
I think 99.9% will vote for GEJ not only in Lagos,
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by JimmyBoy1: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2011
nakedall:

I think 99.9% will vote for GEJ not only in Lagos,

It is either you do not live in Lagos or you did not mean the comment.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by fxtopedia(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

Your postulation will be valid of only you are rooting for someone like Pat Utomi or Pastor Okotie, but you are rooting for this same old recylced people who have been smart enough to repackage theirselves as new by using a new wrapper called Goodlock Jonathan.

We ain't buying the dummy.

Good post BUT BAUHARI-BAKARE all the way!
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by beknown(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2011
This shows the level of ignorance in Lagos. Yet, Lagos is one of the most enlightened place in Nigeria and with high population density.

Just imagine that 80% of Lagosians are classified as 'mumu'.

Lagosians and indeed all Nigerians must wake-up from their sleep because the next election will determine how Nigerians value their life and the life of future generations.

We cannot continue to live a life of ignorance in Nigeria.

Ignorance is worse than 'mumu'.

Admittedly, nobody want to be called 'mumu'.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by cchioke: 11:40am On Apr 07, 2011
@ becomrich-ur contributions is always naive ur statistcs out of point ur points blank why?nigeria can never enter any war by the grace of God u will see it soon sad sad sad
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by thirty(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2011
Dear Nigerian,

Goodluck can't win this general 2001 election because the what so call PDP government has failed the entire nation since 1999. Forget about the controversial opinion poll were the party agent bride the journalists, coordinators and organisers to assign and inflate figures in there favour just to increase the point on opinion poll election.

Even the former president Umar Yar'dua admitted that election that made him the president was full of rigging and malpractices despite the conduct of opinion poll. So why are we contemplating or believing the fraud opinion poll. Let us go to the poll without do or die and see the outcome after April 16.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by sdav: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2011
it is true
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by ndu1988: 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
Jonathan is going to win with a landslide because he has proven his leadership skills beyond reasonable doubt, even though, some fools are casting aspersions on his credibility and honesty. Vote Goodluck for change, transformation, peace, harmony,unity and progress.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by ndu1988: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2011
Vote Gej because he is the most competent and vibrant among his fellow contemporaries. Vote Gej for unity we should not give to sentiment in this present democratic dispensation where everyone is allowed to contest inspite of zoning.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by fxtopedia(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2011
ndu1988:

Jonathan is going to win with a landslide  because he has proven his leadership skills beyond reasonable doubt, even though, some fools are casting aspersions on his credibility and honesty. Vote Goodluck for change, transformation, peace, harmony,unity and progress.

Your post just CONFIRMED you to be the best FOOL in Nigeria,  LMAO
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by botson(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
i would never cast my VOTE 4 any PDP candidate, cos dey CRIMINALS, thats 4 me oh, sai BB 4 2011.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by Ezebu(m): 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2011
Goodluck 2 u,Goodluck 2 me,Goodluck 2 everybody,
Goodluck Nigeria!
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by Abiga(m): 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2011
Meet new friends and chat with people @ http://www.9jatrickz.tk
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2011
efisher:

I wish all the hype was about Ribadu / Adeola. My joy would have been full. Lagos and Edo States have given me enough assurance in the capability of ACN candidates to deliver. Ribadu and Adeola have what it takes to move us ahead. This election would have made more sense if it was a battle between PDP and ACN. CPC is just a facade. We have absolutely nothing concrete to judge them by. The few good points have lots of ambiguity shrouding them.

Ribadu can't win, he has no support in the north. You need to face reality. I supported him too until I realized that voting for him was just playing into PDP's hands. Like him or not, Buhari is the only candidate with any hope of defeating the ruling party.

The most important thing isn't who wins but that PDP doesn't, they have to go. The longer the PDP stays, the harder it'll be to remove them and the more Nigeria will stagnate. If you're not happy with Buhari in 4 years time you can always vote him out. Can you say that about Jonathan? (think about the last 2 presidential elections PDP "won" before you answer)
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by BIL2010: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
efisher:

Thanks,
I support GEJ's PDP for presidency in 2011 for some very sensitive reasons.

Nigeria is at the brink of a huge breakthrough. All the efforts that have been put in (even if people think they are insufficient) are beginning to yield fruits. The ongoing reforms in the power and energy sector are about to become visible to the average Nigerian. What happened in the telecom sector is about to repeat itself in the power sector. I watched Petroleum Minister (Deziani) on NTA and she said a lot of things that got me thinking. I went through the power sector roadmap of the current government and so far it remains the most workable solution. It shows in the sudden interest foreign investors have in our power plants and the new drive for gas utilization. The PIB and FOI bill are also at very advanced stages. Our petroleum product situation has been stable for once in a long time.

The sudden jump in our economy in recent times also shows us something is happening right somewhere. The banking sector reforms has also been commendable. We are seeing more of the right people being put in the right places. Most people agree with the appointment of the likes of Sanusi and Jega. There is clearly an effort to improve the electoral process. Our legal system has got some things right for once. Oshiomhole is a good example.

What about corruption. Is it really true that nothing is being done? The case of the banks have shown that something is happening in that direction. Those who have run away, have found themselves in the net even outside Nigeria. Those things happen with the support of the Government. Our aerospace industry is being regulated better.

Any new government will need at least 2 more years before we can begin to move forward. Some projects may even collapse completely. I honestly believe the death of Yaradua cost us more than we can even think of. Think of the effect it had on us. What about the relative peace in the Niger Delta. We should remember that if the current government leaves, the amnesty programme will come crashing down. Somehow the government has been able to achieve something with these militants. A new team will mean a new set of negotiations. Can we gamble on the success of that? Make no mistakes about it, those militants have a very strong voice and it took a huge effort to get that amnesty programme running.

The GEJ factor is another very strong point. A lot of people may argue against that point but a GEJ win will signal to the average Nigerian citizen and the rest of the world that even someone from the "minority" can be accepted by the majority. It reminds me of Obama. What about his facebook initiative. He has somehow found a way into the hearts of Nigerians. The common man has found hope in him. He has shown that he can connect with the people and respect them. That you cannot take from him. That is what Nigerians need, to beleive again. I think, it is an effort in the right direction.

I think GEJ should be given this chance. He has 4 years to prove himself. He needs all the support he can get. He needs to be put on his toes and I believe that is what the opposition is offering. The government has to be aware that it is no longer business as usual. That is the idea. It is good if the 'monopoly' of PDP is broken in certain areas. And it is good if the opposition gets stronger. What we need is just one more right step because I believe we are already in the right direction. I may not be right but I can clearly see that there are some things that we are beginning to get right.

Finally, there is no quick fix to any of these problems. It takes a short time to destroy but many years to build. It is always easier to crucify the ruling party but think of what the reality might be a few years ahead.

It is sad to see that many of you still think you are voting for an individual. This issue is not only about the individual, it is also about the party, and mostly so because …GEJ CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT rule Nigeria without his party the PDP… the party policies will always come first in any decision he takes. 12 years of heading both the NASS and Presidency yet Nigeria is still ranked as one of the most corrupt countries and worst places to do business in the world even behind Zimbabwe… Non of the projects you have mentioned was initiated by GEJ led government, so why are you singing his praises with them?
What jump in economy are you talking about? I guess you are not a businessman, and you work for someone, so you are not feeling the bite of the hardship there is even to acquire raw materials…
You talk about corruption, name one government official that has been jailed since GEJ became President? Instead they have been released on bail and nothing has happened…and please don’t say Ibori…his was poor political calculation on his (Ibori’s) path…
As a president of Nigeria, you do not need two years to make an impact…we should feel a change in one year. Why not 8 years then?!
In the last four years Nigerian economy has not improved! Yes, if not we in the manufacturing sector would have felt it. How can you say we should throw away another four years to this same crap?! Do you know what the exchange rate is today? Or has been in the past weeks?
You may feel you are being patriotic but you are not. You are just a GEJ supporter and you are failing to see that Nigeria is a country that is so far behind, and another four years of snail pace development or lack of aggressive development, will do us no good. Look at the pace the world is moving at today…

You talk about GEJ making good appointments: Labaran Maku is a good one in your books, Dezianni is the best person to handle the petroleum ministry in Nigeria…is it the EFCC boss, Police Chief, Minster of Defense… please I could go on…
GEJ has nothing to offer us that is different from the past eight years…just take a look at his budget for 2011 and you will understand!
Finally, think not too far back to the NEDG organized debate and tell me if Sambo or GEJ really showed Passion, Courage and Knowledge, because he (GEJ) could not even answer a single question about the our economy convincingly without saying, “ask my finance minister…”! lets not talk about Sambo! IDL!
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by ceah(m): 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by odeeeee: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2011
o naira landers, dont ever believe a lie that gej will get 80% of lagos. lets reject it
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by odeeeee: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
lets go all the way to vote for change. vote cpc. votebb ticket. vote buhari bakare. See you nwhen we win
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by vislabraye(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2011
You know why PDP will win again? Because there's no strong opposition.

People say Ribadu has a good pedigree; others say Buhari will fight corruption as he did as a miliatry presdident. Pat Utomi who used to be a presidential aspirant now stepped aside and is supporting Shekari. So Nigerians who do you think is the most credible candidate to fight PDP?

Why can't all these mushroom parties come together as a body to fight against their supposed enemy if indeed they share a common goal?

PDP is smart cause they have the right man. We can't really say Buhari will make Nigeria better. That's another argument.
Re: Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? by AlexG1(m): 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
vislabraye:

You know why PDP will win again? Because there's no strong opposition.

People say Ribadu has a good pedigree; others say Buhari will fight corruption as he did as a miliatry presdident. Pat Utomi who used to be a presidential aspirant now stepped aside and is supporting Shekari. So Nigerians who do you think is the most credible candidate to fight PDP?

Why can't all these mushroom parties come together as a body to fight against their supposed enemy if indeed they share a common goal?

PDP is smart cause they have the right man. We can't really say Buhari will make Nigeria better. That's another argument.

Sadly PDP will win, just because the opposition parties cannot unite. Everyone is after his own pocket, his own ego, his own ambition. I like BB, but why didnt they team up with ACN, Pat Utomi, Shekarau to form a credible & formidable alternative to PDP? Why must Buhari be the presidential candidate, couldn't he have been a kingmaker?

Why cant these parties agree on a single candidate while the ones not providing the president/vice bring in cabinet members? All these can be agreed before elections and Nigerians would give them a chance.

As it is, they're oulling each other's votes & none of them is even campaigning as hard the incumbent!

Sad, but GEJ will win the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki, Ahmad Defection, Good For Democracy-secondus / 243 Days Of Killings, Kidnappings: Is Insecurity Spiralling Out Of Control? / Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.