Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,507 members, 7,904,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:05 PM

Labour Room Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Labour Room Experience (2469 Views)

Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / Don't I Have The Right To Be In Labour Room With My Wife? / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Room Experience by kokooro(m): 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
I 've always heard a lot about guys entering the labour room with their wifes but candidily speaking I never imagined it until I entered it.
I was so quiet afterwards that I feared going back soon,
Guys in the house, let's know what you feel and if you 've had any experience share
Re: Labour Room Experience by obowunmi(m): 4:20pm On Mar 23, 2011
you must dobo carefully.
Re: Labour Room Experience by snowdrops(m): 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
i thought the topic would be experience from the female perspective as they are the main recipeint of the labour pains. However, the psychological pain the husbands face watching the harrowing ordeal of the wife's could even be more traumatic.
Re: Labour Room Experience by Nekai(f): 12:23am On Mar 24, 2011
^ Me too. I was all ready to give up all the wonderful and exciting details! grin
Re: Labour Room Experience by sasimalia(f): 1:11am On Mar 24, 2011
i think there already is another lengthy thread with various experiences, lots of good testimonies mainly from women and some men too. Having exclusively some male experience would be lovely.
Re: Labour Room Experience by sasimalia(f): 1:14am On Mar 24, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-194554.0.html

It's a really interesting thread, labor experiences both frightening and, appealing!
Re: Labour Room Experience by kokooro(m): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2011
This thread is dedicated to male's experience.
I was with my wife that night. I never imagined how harrowing it could be until she started crying. She was just praying all through, I guess that gave me more courage to stay all through. Prior to that time, a nurse was asking me to leave but I insisted on staying (imagine even when I am a veterinary doctor)
I 've never seen her go through much pain in my life. So whenever I remember what happened that night, I tend to keep myself in check when she is naughty,
Re: Labour Room Experience by zayhal(f): 1:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
koko_oro:

This thread is dedicated to male's experience.
I was with my wife that night. I never imagined how harrowing it could be until she started crying. She was just praying all through, I guess that gave me more courage to stay all through. Prior to that time, a nurse was asking me to leave but I insisted on staying (imagine even when I am a veterinary doctor)
I 've never seen her go through much pain in my life. So whenever I remember what happened that night, I tend to keep myself in check when she is naughty,

nice man, you.
Re: Labour Room Experience by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2011
alot of men faint in the labour room. Some of them actually run away.one wanted to dash out of the room but the doc dragged him back and told him to watch. One fainted for 15mins and was on tthe floor by the time he woke up he found himself alone in the room,wife and pikin were already in their recovery room
Re: Labour Room Experience by breathless(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
Never had any fear about going in to labour ward with my spouse. I even had the priviledge of recording the birth of my 1st 2 kids from when my spouse was in labour till actual delivery. The 3rd baby escaped my camera lens cos he came thru CS and the medical personnel would not allow me into the theatre. But I filmed him immiately he was brought out. (I hope this is the last one).

I intend to play it for them when they`re much older and make them see what they made "mummy" go thru to bring them into the world. (It`s just to make them appreciate mummy more).

A BIG thank you to all mothers who went in and out of the labour room safely with their babies in their arms crying tears of joy. God bless You.
Re: Labour Room Experience by babyme1(f): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
jennykadry:

alot of men faint in the labour room. Some of them actually run away.one wanted to dash out of the room but the doc dragged him back and told him to watch. One fainted for 15mins and was on tthe floor by the time he woke up he found himself alone in the room,wife and pikin were already in their recovery room
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Labour Room Experience by snowdrops(m): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ baby.me

i love calabar girls wink
Re: Labour Room Experience by Odunnu: 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
So?what r u insinuating runaway friend?
Re: Labour Room Experience by snowdrops(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time odunnu.

where have you been?
Re: Labour Room Experience by Odunnu: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
I should be asking u that.Whr hv u been?
Re: Labour Room Experience by snowdrops(m): 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
Been busy as usual. No rest for good people. Not as regular here as before.
Hope you ve been well.
I would send you a mail when i get home from work later today.
Re: Labour Room Experience by Odunnu: 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
Thats good. I'l be expecting the mail
Re: Labour Room Experience by MaiSuya(m): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Labour ward is supposed to be a restricted area. Most Federal and even State hospitals don't allow males that are not hospital staff into the labour ward. So if you want to witness the birth of your child, you may have to do it in private clinic.
Re: Labour Room Experience by chillbabe(f): 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
My husband in the labour room was just to funny he was pushing with me and i had to laugh so the doc shouted at me cause the baby was already comming out i had to it was just to funny. But i wouldnt miss that men always have a big mouth i enjoyed seeing him like that. Looool
Re: Labour Room Experience by babyme1(f): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2011
snowdrops:

@ baby.me

i love calabar girls wink
Can we mate meet wink
Re: Labour Room Experience by snowdrops(m): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2011
baby.me:

Can we mate meet wink
chineke!!! so quick cheesy
Re: Labour Room Experience by oisehumen(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2011
Mine was not a funny experience ooo angry angry angry angry
When the nurses told me to go into the labour room with my wife, i thought they were pulling my legs.
By the time i found myself inside with her, OMG undecided undecided undecided undecidedI think i almost passed out but later managed to stay.

She was so much in pains, that at a point tears started flowing down my cheeks.
I will never forget some other things i saw that day.
Any man who lays his hands on his wife MUST be fool
Re: Labour Room Experience by babyme1(f): 12:26pm On Mar 25, 2011
snowdrops:

chineke!!! so quick cheesy
What did u expect from a Calabar girl? cool Hehehehehe grin
Re: Labour Room Experience by oisehumen(m): 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
baby.me:

What did u expect from a Calabar girl? cool Hehehehehe grin

I thought u were a guy
Re: Labour Room Experience by Billys: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
What are single men and ladies doing here? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Labour Room Experience by babyme1(f): 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2011
oisehumen:

I thought u were a guy
What has changed? undecided
Re: Labour Room Experience by Billys: 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2011
baby.me:

What has changed? undecided

Maybe cos u were toasting snowdrops grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Labour Room Experience by snowdrops(m): 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
for the avoidance of doubt i am an unadulterated and full fledged heterosexual wink
Re: Labour Room Experience by PatKing(f): 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2011
chillbabe:

My husband in the labour room was just to funny he was pushing with me and i had to laugh so the doc shouted at me cause the baby was already comming out i had to it was just to funny. But i wouldnt miss that men always have a big mouth i enjoyed seeing him like that. Looool

You made my day,
LOL
Re: Labour Room Experience by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2011
I was in the labour room with my wife, and witnessed the birth of my daughter.

She was two weeks late, and had to be induced. However, my daughter's heart rate slowed down during preparation, so it was an emergency CS in the end. She'd managed to kick about so much, she'd gotten the umbilical cord wrapped round her left leg. So, each time she kicked, she stretched the cord, cutting off her blood supply.

It was pretty scary. I was given a surgical gown and mask as my wife was wheeled into surgery, and given a chair to sit beside the operating gurney. I held my wife's hand all through, she was given 2 epidurals (injections in the spine) but she was fully conscious, so we talked. Of course, she couldn't see what the surgeons were doing from where she lay, as they set up a barrier. I was also told not to watch, but I ignored the advice. I watched the first cut, till the last, when my baby daughter was removed, screaming in anger!

I was the first to hold her (before my wife, that is) after she was weighed. My wife was stitched up whilst myself and my daughter were in the next room, sharing quality time. It was such an intense, emotional moment, and it made me appreciate my beautiful wife all the more. I will definitely do it again for our next child.

(1) (Reply)

Men Can U Help Unravel Dis Relationship Questions Bugging My Mind / Classical Dilemma:to Go Or Not? / When A Molester Devours An Entire Family!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.