Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,156 members, 7,913,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:43 PM

Urethra Stricture After A Swab - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urethra Stricture After A Swab (420 Views)

Painful Urination After Urethra Swab / New COVID-19 Test Involves Anal Swab / Urethral Stricture Diagnosis - Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urethra Stricture After A Swab by braveheart77: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
I did a urethra swab about few weeks ago and had some bad pain after it for days.

As at few days ago i noticed my urine stream is very low and get pains in my urethra.. After further research i found out that i may have a urethra struicture (caused by scar tissues that develops in the urethra after an injury).

I hear there is no real cure and that i may have to do an ocassional surgery. This has been depressing to me. Even the diagnostic tool i hear is invasive.

Is there anyone that has experienced something similar or doctors in the house. What are your thoughts please?
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by braveheart77: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2020
Anyone?
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by oxypressPlus: 6:28am On Dec 14, 2020
braveheart77:
Anyone?

Yes. How deep did the urethral swab go? Why was the swab done?
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by braveheart77: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2020
oxypressPlus:

Yes. How deep did the urethral swab go? Why was the swab done?

They were trying to find a possible infection.

How deep? Well deep enough because it was extremely painful.

Have you been able to resolve yours and how?
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by oxypressPlus: 7:17am On Dec 14, 2020
braveheart77:

They were trying to find a possible infection.

How deep? Well deep enough because it was extremely painful.

Have you been able to resolve yours and how?
Only trying to know at what level was the injury. What was the culture result then and now? I am wondering why they had to go deep. Was it a doctor or a lab tech that took the swab?

Use the WhatsApp for answers: ±2348033409039
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by braveheart77: 7:32am On Dec 14, 2020
oxypressPlus:

Only trying to know at what level was the injury. What was the culture result then and now? I am wondering why they had to go deep. Was it a doctor or a lab tech that took the swab?

The culture result was positive but its all negative now. I had a difficulty treating it and my doctor after several trials decided to ask questions about my urine flow and all. It was at this point it occurred to me that i've been managing a urethra pain after that swab. What i didn't know is that a scar could form due to that injury.

It was a lab guy that did, so young that he looks like an intern (still gutted i let him take that sampe because he was quite rough without care).

The stricture is not too deep (still within the penile urethra, but of course it doesn't take much to get a swab deep when the test is done flaccid; i am a grower so flaccid is not big)
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by ATTITUDE2: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hello Braveheart77 . I just came online now and say you mail notification. Unfortunately I don't have access to the mail tied to this account. What is it that you got to say?
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by braveheart77: 2:07am On Dec 16, 2020
ATTITUDE2:
Hello Braveheart77 . I just came online now and say you mail notification. Unfortunately I don't have access to the mail tied to this account. What is it that you got to say?

Was going to ask how you're feeling now.. Including the urine and all
Re: Urethra Stricture After A Swab by ATTITUDE2: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2020
:

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year / 4 Things You Must Know To Avoid Vagina Injuries During Childbirth / Diabetes Doctor Needed:an Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.