Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,887 members, 7,886,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 09:27 AM

Painful Urination After Urethra Swab - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Painful Urination After Urethra Swab (339 Views)

Urethra Stricture After A Swab / Causes Of Painful Urination / Taiwan Man Suffers Painful Erection For A Week, Has Half Of Joystick Amputated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Painful Urination After Urethra Swab by nyarlathotep(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2021
Good morning.
Today I took a urethra swab and urine culture test for possible STI. It's been close to an hour since I did the swab and I've been having sharp pain urinating since then. Is it normal to experience pain after an hour of the swab? If yes, how long until the pain subsides?
Thanks
Re: Painful Urination After Urethra Swab by Ojay3044: 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
Are you still feeling the pain?
Re: Painful Urination After Urethra Swab by Healthyway15: 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
nyarlathotep:
Good morning.
Today I took a urethra swab and urine culture test for possible STI. It's been close to an hour since I did the swab and I've been having sharp pain urinating since then. Is it normal to experience pain after an hour of the swab? If yes, how long until the pain subsides?
Thanks

Don't worry too much about it, and drink plenty of water. Be sure to avoid spicy food and acidic foods/fruits just in case. If it is really uncomfortable you could fill a bowl or basin with water and put your penis into the water before urinating. It sounds bizarre but it really does help. It’s the acidity in your urine that is stinging you.
Pain can be there for a few days. Beyond that, best to check with a doctor but it should subside.

I hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Help Me With COVID-19 Test Certificate With In Lagos Are Evirons. / Inexperience Nigerian Doctor Faces Panel In Ireland For Poor Professional Perfor / When Is The Best Time To Get Covid-19 Vaccine If I'm Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.