Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,830 members, 7,915,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:47 PM

What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. (2633 Views)

What I Discovered About Women After Break-up With My Ex / I Just Discovered My Girl Is Cheating On Me / Girl Str!pped & Beaten For Making Fake Transfer After Buying Clothes Worth 175k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Shamelessman01: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2020
Se mojo charity

Since Christmas is here I decided to share this.
A friend of mine bought a shirt of 30k and sneakers for 65k 3 years ago and I made fun of him for being careless with spending. The shirt and sneaks got him lots of prestige and girls tho. Only for us to go for an occasion yesterday and I saw him wear this same shirt and sneakers and they still look like new and me that was abusing him have bought thousands of clothes worth more than that in the past three years. It's now I discovered most of this expensive stuff we buy pays more in the long run. My room is littered with clothes but no good to wear. What do you think about this guys?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by ahnie: 6:29am On Dec 13, 2020
Throw them away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by YoonSung73: 6:29am On Dec 13, 2020
God no go shame us
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Lordjiggs09(m): 6:34am On Dec 13, 2020
I see the wisdom in this your post, but in the end I'll advise do what suits You, and doesn't bore a hole in ur purse.

4 Likes

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by lazkizz(m): 6:36am On Dec 13, 2020
Dats y.... Guru maraji says the more u see, the less you Understand.
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by uncleck: 6:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Shamelessman01:
Se mojo charity

A friend of mine bought a shirt of 30k and sneakers for 65k 3 years ago and I made fun of him for being careless with spending. The shirt and sneaks got him lots of prestige and girls tho. Only for us to go for an occasion yesterday and I saw him wear this same shirt and sneakers and they still look like new and me that was abusing him have bought thousands of clothes worth more than that in the past three years. [b]It's now I discovered most of this expensive stuff we buy pays more in the long run. My room is littered with clothes but no good to wear. [/b]What do you think about this guys?
the bolded...

It's all in your head. Let me explain. If you have an expensive SUV, say G-wagon, and a regular sedan, say Toyota Camry, which one will you use more frequently? If bought at the same time, after about three years, you'll notice that the mileage on the cheap car is five times higher than the one on the exotic cat. But why?

Maintaining exotic car is very expensive. So you'll be careful not to subject it to abuse. But maintaining your small car is cheap; if worst comes to worst you change the engine or even buy new small ride. So every movement on bad roads, odd hours etc, the small car comes handy and in less than no time, the car parks up and you say the exotic one is more durable. Lie.

When you buy expensive clothes, you reverence them. You can stay a whole year without washing it. You only use it occasionally. And you're very careful whenever you wear it. You might even refuse to offer help to someone because you don't want a stain on your expensive clothe. But the same cannot be said of a cheap clothe that you dip inside detergent almost every week and press with hot iron because of frequent use.

Expensive things last, not because they are more durable, but because more value is attached to them so they are used less frequently and taken care of more

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Shamelessman01: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2020
lazkizz:
Dats y.... Guru maraji says the more u see, the less you Understand.
Se mojo charity

My brother the more I dey mature life just become more mysterious to me walahi.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Shamelessman01: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2020
uncleck:
the bolded...

It's all in your head. Let me explain. If you have an expensive SUV, say G-wagon, and a regular sedan, say Toyota Camry, which one will you use more frequently? If bought at the same time, after about three years, you'll notice that the mileage on the cheap car is five times higher than the one on the exotic cat. But why?

Maintaining exotic car is very expensive. So you'll be careful not to subject it to abuse. But maintaining your small car is cheap; if worst comes to worst you change the engine or even buy new small ride. So every movement on bad roads, odd hours etc, the small car comes handy and in less than no time, the car parks up and you say the exotic one is more durable. Lie.

When you buy expensive clothes, you reverence them. You can stay a whole year without washing it. You only use it occasionally. And you're very careful whenever you wear it. You might even refuse to offer help to someone because you don't want a stain on your expensive clothe. But the same cannot be said of a cheap clothe that you dip inside detergent almost every week and press with hot iron because of frequent use.

Expensive things last, not because they are more durable, but because more value is attached to them so they are used less frequently and taken care of more
Se mojo charity

you really have a point Sha. Too many things to learn

3 Likes

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Dissap: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2020
Shamelessman01:

I am a hypocrite, I don't live to enjoy life at all! Fvck you all.
I can't believe this girl broke my heart this bad!!! Oh why?
Take it easy, try to calm down!
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by KvnGBaNks: 8:59am On Dec 13, 2020
Go for quality in all you do and not quantity even in your lifestyle but still sew your coat according to your size.

3 Likes

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Deffjam: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2020
Real talk!
i recently bought 3 shoes.
1 addidas(3k) and 2 nike slides(2.5 each). I regretted buying it. I discovered that i bought fake!! The addidas has broken into two picies why d nike is nothing to write home about.

my friend bought the original slide online for 15k last 2yrs and he still dae wear am oo. I made vow to start buying original stuffs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by aderoju3921: 11:00am On Dec 13, 2020
:Dats y.... Guru maraji says the more u see, the less you Understand. Se mojo charityMy brother the more I dey mature life just become more mysterious to me walahi.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Starboytwo(m): 11:21am On Dec 13, 2020
Deffjam:
Real talk!
i recently bought 3 shoes.
1 addidas(3k) and 2 nike slides(2.5 each). I regretted buying it. I discovered that i bought fake!! The addidas has broken into two picies why d nike is nothing to write home about.

my friend bought the original slide online for 15k last 2yrs and he still dae wear am oo. I made vow to start buying original stuffs.
Original is bae bro... Your pocket might get small injury but on the long run, youd be happy.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by EzzyCarter: 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Original designers selling their products at expensive prices aren't wicked neither are the fake/immitation designers stupid for selling their products cheap. In the end, you'll get what you deserve after constant usecheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by 33l0: 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2020
aderoju3921:
:Dats y.... Guru maraji says the more u see, the less you Understand. Se mojo charityMy brother the more I dey mature life just become more mysterious to me walahi.
Must you do this? grin grin grin
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Bonjovi13: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
uncleck:
the bolded...

Oga carry one okrika shirt and one original vintage Versace put am for washing machine then let them dry. You go know say no be by usage na quality.

2 Likes

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2020
Shamelessman01:
Se mojo charity

A friend of mine bought a shirt of 30k and sneakers for 65k 3 years ago and I made fun of him for being careless with spending. The shirt and sneaks got him lots of prestige and girls tho. Only for us to go for an occasion yesterday and I saw him wear this same shirt and sneakers and they still look like new and me that was abusing him have bought thousands of clothes worth more than that in the past three years. It's now I discovered most of this expensive stuff we buy pays more in the long run. My room is littered with clothes but no good to wear. What do you think about this guys?

Too many "FOOLS" Just keep springing up on this forum everyday. Someone people will still be Wondering why they have someone like Buhari as their president.......grin grin grin
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by uncleck: 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2020
Bonjovi13:

Oga carry one okrika shirt and one original vintage Versace put am for washing machine then let them dry. You go know say no be by usage na quality.
don't forget that okirika is second hand dress. Some of them were also designer wears
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2020
uncleck:
the bolded...

Too much Sense & Wisdom In One Post.......
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Casper21: 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
Like my mum always say, ''expensive things are always cheap and cheap things are always expensive" only the intelligent ones will understand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Shamelessman01: 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
Casper21:
Like my mum always say, ''expensive things are always cheap and cheap things are always expensive" only the intelligent ones will understand
mmmmm. I am beginning to view life from another direction, things seems to be opposite of what they are
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by ChoCho54(f): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2020
uncleck:
the bolded...

Trash sir! This is trash. Thanks

I don't believe in buying same thing twice.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by stanliwise(m): 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Shamelessman01:
Se mojo charity

Don’t crave expensive things.
Crave quality things
Expensive things are not necessarily quality things.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Shamelessman01: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
stanliwise:
Don’t crave expensive things. Crave quality things Expensive things are not necessarily quality things. Cheers
mmmm it's true sha
Re: What I Just Discovered About Buying Clothes And Other Stuffs. by Bonjovi13: 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
uncleck:
don't forget that okirika is second hand dress. Some of them were also designer wears

That's the point I am making.
The level of wear you will get after washing an okrika shirt (which I used as metaphor for cheap clothes) one time cannot be compared to the wear(if any) you will get from washing an original expensive clothe.

Which supports the position of the OP and shatters the logic of your position

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Girls Vs Nigerian Girls / This Godly Woman Confessed Her Adultery. / 61 Yr Old Grandmother Of 17 Grandchildren Gets Engaged To 24 Yr Old Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.