Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,721 members, 7,945,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President (35696 Views)

Billboards Showing Biden As A Terrorist Saying Making The Taliban Great Again / Inauguration Of Joe Biden As US President (Live Video) / Putin Not Ready To Recognise Biden As US President Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by BuharisBoy: 5:34am On Dec 15, 2020
GayPontiff:
Righteousness89 what did the Lord say again?
hahaha
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by linearity: 5:40am On Dec 15, 2020
PureMe01:
I could be wrong...pls I don't need typical Biden thugs or over zealous Trump supporters to lay emphasis...
I need an impartial explanation on this...a U.S friend sent me this.

Your friend is wrong, he is partially describing what would happen if there is discrepancy from the state, or when there is no clear winner from the state. where a particular state did not certify any Elector or if there were multiple certifications eg first certification was done, then there was a recount which flip the votes and the state have to certify the other person.

Though he is wrong on stating that Pence have the powers to reject any vote if there are no clear winner or multiple certifications from state. He is right that the state delegation is congress will settle the score in such situations. However, that is not the case this time, there are clear winners who had been certified from the State with zero legal challenges that successful, forget all Trump is saying on social media, they are just noise.

In those cases, congress have to settle the score using the method you have highlighted. In the current case, there are no discrepancies, the states and electors have voted for Biden.

Pence is just officiating the joint session of Congress, that position does not empower him to lord it over anyone. He is just a referee in a game that have lay down rules and regulations. He does not have the power to make new rules and pick his ball and go home. He also have no power to refuse to follow rules, laws and regulations...he will be called to order.

I have written another lengthy piece of how the process will play out during the joint session of Congress, see the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/6313972/u.s-electoral-college-begins-voting/6#97074509

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:53am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:
Donald J Trump u may have lost the battle but we hard core conservatives will continue the war against liberals & leftists and their lack of social values.
This is just the beginning of a very long battle for the soul of the world.

Forever
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by dragunov: 5:53am On Dec 15, 2020
PureMe01:
u didn't make any sense to me...u just handed a sentimental opinion.
Jan 6 is somewhat a bride's day

You obviously do not know how to differentiate between facts and sentiments. Now let me present some facts to you.

Republican officials in the swing states where Trump lost, e.g Wisconsin, Pennsylvania et al all stated that the election was free and fair. No fraud. We all know what followed. The threats, the pressures, the intimidating of Republican governors and officials. So who is the bad guy? In Georgia, the votes were counted 3 times. 3 times. Yet the figure remained the same. In Wisconsin, the vote was recounted and Biden ended up gathering more figures.

Trump's own cyber security head stated that the election was the smoothest in the history of the US. For him to make that statement despite his relationship with Trump means he was sure of himself. What did the Donald do? He sacked the poor guy. One of his core loyalists even said the guy should be taken out at dawn and shot, then quartered. Is that how to practise democracy? In America for that matter.

The US Attorney Bill Barr, one of Trump's core loyalists was unleashed by Trump to conduct a sham investigation so that the result of the election can be turned to his favour. Barr conducted his investigation and found nothing. He made his finding known to Trump and the world. Trump had a fallout with him straight. It is only a dictator looking for loyalists to himself rather than the country who behaves like that.

What else do you guys want?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Okudiover(m): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2020
saaphiere:
God of 11 hour turn things around.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Vixlot: 6:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by hermesprogidy(m): 6:15am On Dec 15, 2020
This is it, the curse of IPOB has gone full cycle for Trump. Warning, if IPOB supports you politically, you are doomed to fail! Where is the Kraken btw?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by hermesprogidy(m): 6:22am On Dec 15, 2020
PureMe01:
I could be wrong...pls I don't need typical Biden thugs or over zealous Trump supporters to lay emphasis...
I need an impartial explanation on this...a U.S friend sent me this.
Pence has no business with Congress. Pence is Head of the Senate. Pelosi is Head of Congress. That scenario is dead on arrival.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by AntiWailer: 6:30am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:
Donald J Trump u may have lost the battle but we hard core conservatives will continue the war against liberals & leftists and their lack of social values.

Another rubbish written with confidence.

The illiterates and ill informed always hiding under faith is the major problem with the soul of the world.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Openbusiness: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2020
Olofin2:

They should keep a watch on that openbussiness idiot to avoid suicide from him.
You better check your BP, before you have a heart seizure over my opinions grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Peppysco: 6:33am On Dec 15, 2020
GayPontiff:

Nor mind that guy, brother wey mumu. Mixing religion with politics, e nor even com be Nigerian politics but America own, who send am message?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by cardoctor(m): 6:34am On Dec 15, 2020
Confirmation that happened one month ago.
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Openbusiness: 6:38am On Dec 15, 2020
Olofin2:

I hope you won't commit suicide. Ipob
Can a Siberian Tiger or African lion commit suicide because of sheep? IMPOSSIBLE! And God punish ur suicide and punish IPOB togeda, nutin consign me wit the 2 grin grin grin
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Temptee101(m): 6:47am On Dec 15, 2020
heykims:
[s]What will our con pastors and Mr Righteousness09 say now about their prophesies? Those guys will start changing narrations now.
TB Joshua kukuma won't release prophesy until now that the event has taken place and u start hearing he said it 3 months agogrin[/s]
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:55am On Dec 15, 2020
heykims:
What will our con pastors and Mr Righteousness09 say now about their prophesies? Those guys will start changing narrations now.
TB Joshua kukuma won't release prophesy until now that the event has taken place and u start hearing he said it 3 months agogrin
the matter tire me o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Malawian(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2020
Shakathezulu1:
Bleep Trump,Bleep Igbos.
Shouldn't you be more concerned about Biden Harris? Those ones like waging war, unlike Trump that would have let your Nigerian empire go on. Harris is our in-law, I don't know how it is going right now cos Trump at least kept the mujahedeen at bay, Biden Harris might go much further to carve up this forsaken country.

We watch!!!
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by efighter: 7:02am On Dec 15, 2020
GayPontiff:

Our LORD does not speak to idiots and nincompoops

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:

TRUMP DIDN'T LOSE RATHER THE WORLD LOST.

2015 URCHIINS WERE CELEBRATING ON THE STREETS, EVEN HERE ON NAIRALAND THAT JONATHAN LOST. PEOPLE WITH SENSE SAW OTHERWISE , TODAY IT IS CLEAR THAT NIGERIANS LOST IN 2015, TIME WILL TELL
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by efighter: 7:03am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:

It’s going to be a long period of crying snd wailing for idiots and nincompoops

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Jackson105: 7:05am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:

U sounded intelligent until the end part. Well what is at play is beyond a lot of people comprehension or IQ

U should just keep quiet and stop embarrassing yourself, Biden is the Antichrist right? Shameless religious fanatic

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by efighter: 7:05am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:

U sounded intelligent until the end part. Well what is at play is beyond a lot of people comprehension or IQ

You are right, only people with negative IQ comprehend like you do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Afamed: 7:07am On Dec 15, 2020
fobiflex:
Trump should just concede defeat
Defeat has already conceded Trump

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Topmaike007(m): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Ouchbabe:
Noted!
Pls my Android phone Itel A56 is not compatible with OTG cable. Is there something i can do to make OTG cable work with my phone?
I guess this might not be the best place to ask but you never can tell undecided

hello ouchbabe go and buy a new gadget that support it that Itel no get hope. and make sure to avoid Dm me to help you out peeps
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Topmaike007(m): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Afamed:
Defeat has already conceded Trump
lolz
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by focus7: 7:11am On Dec 15, 2020
FFK fake prophet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Topmaike007(m): 7:12am On Dec 15, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

2015 URCHIINS WERE CELEBRATING ON THE STREETS, EVEN HERE ON NAIRALAND THAT JONATHAN LOST. PEOPLE WITH SENSE SAW OTHERWISE , TODAY IT IS CLEAR THAT NIGERIANS LOST IN 2015, TIME WILL TELL
USA is not Nigeria abeg, and because the sad thing happened in Nigeria does not mean same will happen in USA...

So my guy carry your bad belle dey go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by MartinsD12(m): 7:12am On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:12am On Dec 15, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Good to see that you are finally accepting the fact that Trump lost.

Anyway Biden is going to be a successful and better president than Trump will ever be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Bimpe29: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2020
Donald Trump is not a good sportsman.
Our own Good luck Jonathan is better than Trump.

1 Like

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Superpower(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Victorclean1:
The only thing that destroyed Donald Trump is being a severe racist.

He has a good heart for USA but unfortunately the foundational power that be don't allow him
How can a racist have a good heart?Are you confused?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by lexy2014: 7:23am On Dec 15, 2020
nonoski:

U haven't finished fighting for d soul of
Nigeria that is in d hands of bloodsuckers & dead men, u are running to America to fight

3 Likes

Re: Electoral College Confirms Joe Biden As Next US President by Preshhottie: 7:24am On Dec 15, 2020
heykims:
What will our con pastors and Mr Righteousness09 say now about their prophesies? Those guys will start changing narrations now.
TB Joshua kukuma won't release prophesy until now that the event has taken place and u start hearing he said it 3 months agogrin

heykims you are mentally unstable for calling TB JOSHUA, a man with a good heart, helping many nations, predicting future events, you just come say anything just for you to get likes and followers, not knowing u have sin against God, why u are doing this is to get recognition. my

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act / Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy / Iran Attack: U.S Foreign Affairs House Committee Cautions Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.