Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,719 members, 7,914,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:12 PM

Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? (393 Views)

What Type Of Drink Exactly Did Jesus Turn Water Into In John2 ? / Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches / "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Nicenancy(f): 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2020
From the early verses of Daniel Chapter 10, we are told that, the Lord have Daniel a vision and Daniel understood the vision

Because of the meaning of the vision, Daniel was mourning for 21 days. He was mourning just because of the meaning of the vision.

Now on the 24th day, the angel appeared to Daniel. The angel never stated why he had come to Daniel.

The angel explained how he had been resisted by the kings of Persia and Michael had come to help him.

Why do you think the Angel appeared to Daniel in Daniel Chapter 10? Thanks
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by illicit(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
It don't matter anymore

The world don move on since....
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Priapus69: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
Psychedelics man!!.
Either Daniel or the Angel, one of them was on mushrooms
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2020
The angel was sent by God as an answer to his prayer immediately he started seeking the face of God. That's from day one, but the angel's coming was delayed because as he said he was withstood by the devil.

So he was sent to convey the answer of Daniel request to him.

Daniel 10:11-14 (KJV)

And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Nicenancy(f): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
The angel was sent by God as an answer to his prayer immediately he started seeking the face of God. That's from day one, but the angel's coming was delayed because as he said he was withstood by the devil.

And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

God bless.

But in the early verses, Daniel already understood the vision?
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Nicenancy(f): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

Daniel 10:1
[1]In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a message was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar. The message was true, but the appointed time was long; and he understood the message, and had understanding of the vision.

Right in verse one, Daniel understood the vision
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2020
Nicenancy:

But in the early verses, Daniel already understood the vision?
In Verse 1 it was just a summary of what happened.

The rest gave the details of how he came to understand it, and the angel was involved in the process.

If you observe the summary he gave in verse 1, you would see some of the things the angel made him understand, like that the vision would be for many days.

God bless.
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
In Verse 1 was just a summary of what happened.

The rest gave the details of how he came to understand it, and the angel was involved in the process.

If you observe the summary he gave in verse 1, you would see some of the things the angel made him understand, like that the vision would be for many days.

God bless.

Great job sir!

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
Daniel was one of God's faithful and loyal servants of old. God's loyal servants are disturbed not because of their own personal concerns but because they're always yearning to see the end of all badness, so any vision from God is of utmost importance to them.

This precious servant of God knew that the vision revealed to him is about the endtime so he wants to know it's meaning. The Prince of Persia simply means Satan, by that time Persia was the world power and Satan is the unseen ruler behind all the governments of this world. Luke 4:8; John 14:30; 1John 5:19
So as the spirit in control Satan can stop any angel from reaching Daniel. Michael is the archangel (the most powerful of all the angels) so with his help Satan must allow the angel sent to reach Daniel!

Now back to your question. Daniel needed to see someone interpret the vision to understand but Gabriel only told him things concerning how and when the Messiah (Christ) will arrive, and how the Christ will be killed. Daniel 9:25-26}
Concerning other sacred secrets Daniel only need to pen it down for the generation that will be given the spirit of discernment to unravel it. So when the angel came he commended Daniel for his heartfelt prayers to gain insight into the sacred secrets he told him it's not for you rather it's for the generation that will witness the times and season when God will put an end of all badness! Daniel 12:8-13

Thanks for showing deep concern for these sacred secrets that's fulfilling in our own time. May God bless you! smiley

Nicenancy:
From the early verses of Daniel Chapter 10, we are told that, the Lord have Daniel a vision and Daniel understood the vision
Because of the meaning of the vision, Daniel was mourning for 21 days. He was mourning just because of the meaning of the vision.
Now on the 24th day, the angel appeared to Daniel. The angel never stated why he had come to Daniel.
The angel explained how he had been resisted by the kings of Persia and Michael had come to help him.
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by petra1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
Nicenancy:

It was same prophecy running ftom Daniel chapter 8 to 10. About end time
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by mobiyina66793: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
It don't matter anymore The world don move on since....
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2020
I disagree with you on the highlighted!

From time immemorial the rulership of man was in the hands of kings and queens who will rule until their death.
Now listen to what God showed Daniel and repeat the highlighted if you're truly sincere with yourself.
Nebuchadnezzar had a dream in his dream he saw a great statue it's head is made of raw gold, the neck to it's chest is silver, the stomach to lap of bronze, the leg of iron and it's feet of iron and clay. Then a stone from a far away mountain came with the speed of a bullet to hit the statue and it was smashed to powder not even prices, then a powerful wind blew it's powder away and the small stone became a huge mountain!

The Gold means Nebuchadnezzar's dynasty in Babylon which had a strong influence on all the people of the earth while Nebuchadnezzar himself is the sole ruler as in determinant of whatever will happen in his kingdom.

The silver means another kingdom (Persia) will conquer Babylon after Nebuchadnezzar but the king's influence will not be as strong like that of Nebuchadnezzar because his corulers will have a say in his rulership which can ulter his decision.

The bronze means another kingdom (Greece) will conquer Persia and his own influence will also be reduced as his corulers will have greater say than he does in the execution of power.

The Iron means another kingdom (Rome) will defeat Greece and the influence of the emperor will diminish as well because of the senators of Rome.

The Iron and clay means another kingdom which is comprises of both England and America. Now this is where i'm going! Daniel specifically foretold that by that time the authority given to this last government will belong to the people as they will have to elect who rules them from time to time (democracy) that's the time God will use Jesus' heavenly government to destroy all these worldly governments and God's Kingdom under Jesus' authority will remain forever!

Read Daniel 2:1-44

You can now repeat your statement that the world have moved on when it's still within Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. God's word told us that Democracy will be the last form of government God will permit humans to try since the time Adam and Eve chose to rule themselves in opposition to God's arrangement! smiley

mobiyina66793:

It don't matter anymore The world don move on since....
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nicenancy:

The King and Prince of Persia mentioned in the book of Daniel where actual loving human beings at the time... No devil was mentioned or referenced in that book or chapter at all.

The King of Persia at the time was suggested to have been Cyrus the great, while the commander of the army of Persia was likely Cyrus's son.

As for your question, I am not sure I follow.
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nicenancy:
■From the early verses of Daniel Chapter 10, we are told that, the Lord have Daniel a vision and Daniel understood the vision. Because of the meaning of the vision, Daniel was mourning for 21 days. He was mourning just because of the meaning of the vision.
■ Now on the 24th day, the angel appeared to Daniel. The angel never stated why he had come to Daniel.
■ The angel explained how he had been resisted by the kings of Persia and Michael had come to help him. Why do you think the Angel appeared to Daniel in Daniel Chapter 10? Thanks
1. More like Daniel was state of depression over what he had been shown, not in literal mourning. And I believe what it was was what the Man in the vision had shown him as the answer to his prayers that which Daniel speaks of in verses 4 - 21. undecided
1. During the third year that Cyrus was the king of Persia, these things were shown to Daniel. (Daniel’s other name is Belteshazzar.) They are true, but very hard to understand. Daniel understood them because they were explained to him in a vision. - Daniel 10 vs 1
What vision? The vision that Daniel saw on the 24th day of the first month of the year, while he was standing with some other men beside the great Tigris River. undecided

2. The shiny man in the vision gave Daniel the Vision as an answer to Daniel's prayers.
12 Then the man in the vision started talking again. He said, “Daniel, do not be afraid. From the very first day, you decided to get wisdom and to be humble in front of God, he has been listening to your prayers. I came to you because you have been praying. - Daniel 10 vs 12

Here's a point of confusion that is the conclusion made by false teachers and false prophets. Their spin on the story is that Daniel had been praying for 21 days and after that period, an angel showed up to inform Daniel that He had been kept from approaching Daniel for 21 days by the prince of Persia whom they in turn claim is some demonic power. The fact is we are not told of how long Daniel had prayed, rather, we are told in the chapter of Daniel 10 that Daniel was in depression for 3 weeks(21literal days) after he had been given the understanding of a true vision(Book of Truth referenced in Daniel 10 vs 21) and that the shiny man in the vision had informed Daniel that he(shiny man) had been held up for 21 days (may not be literal given it was said in a vision) by the Prince of Persia, and stuck with the King of Persia as well. undecided
Re: Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nicenancy:
■ But in the early verses, Daniel already understood the vision?
You are correct. The earlier verses (1 through 3) tell us of what took place AFTER Daniel had been given the vision. Verses 4 - 21, on the other hand, tell us how Daniel came about that vision and its understanding which then left him in a state of depression for the 3 weeks that followed the event. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Does Intersex Makes God Confused Or Does It Justify Homosexuality / Image123 Behold Your King / Archbishop Idahosa 23 years after: Nigerian Man Shares A Touching Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.