Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:54 AM

Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback (8097 Views)

Buhari Got N260k Loan To Build His House In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / What Is Bishop Oyedepo's Problem With Buhari? See This / Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by g0tze: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2020
My uncle who used to work in the Nta in the 70s and 80s has this video in his archives. It's titled Onyeka Onwenu's report of Nigeria. It was a BBC/NTA produced documentary. It's very interesting and a must watch. It's been decades I last watched this video. I doubt the Nta still have this video in its archives.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 20, 2020
capitalzero:
Majority of buhari supporters were born after 1985.
Young sai babarians grin grin

cc lzaa bamite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by LZAA: 11:35am On Dec 20, 2020
imhotep:

Young sai babarians grin grin

cc lzaa bamite
Where is yarimo grin
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2020
LZAA:

Where is yarimo grin
He is just graduating from sai babarian kindergarten nursery school grin grin

cc bamite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by LZAA: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
imhotep:

He is just graduating from sai babarian kindergarten nursery school grin grin

cc bamite
grin grin
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by joxxy01(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

You can not go back anywhere, sorry. Hopefully, your going forward would be to where you determine to go. I have faith in us. Our glorious days are ahead if we work damn hard for it instead of thinking a President will be our messiah. Remember, this one called us lazy fuqs!

first and foremost presidency is not an award, its a call to duty.. but reverse is the case with Buhari... he has succeeded in making life tough for the common man despite all his vein and empty promises.. the masses pay extra for everything without getting anything in return or maybe just some set of individual been the beneficiary.... The few Nigerians that are working hards to make end means and better the economy are been killed by Bandits and Fulani and he his not doing anything about.. and yet you clamouring for the citizen to work hard to develop the country? is it under this oppression or what?
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Jostoman: 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

No we were not! Like in 84 when Buhari took over from the incompetent Shagari who squandered the revenue from oil and is known as one of the more corrupt eras in our history, so did we elect Buhari to clean up the kleptocracy of the Jonathan era.

The pity is that Buhari seems to get power when Nigeria's revenue from oil goes down. Then ignorant people claim he is underperforming as if not listening to Joseph and saving in times of plenty has no consequence when the time if plenty ends and famine begins. Have you all so quickly forgotten the billions of dollars and pounds and euros in ghanamustgoes and tucked away in soakaways? The whole of Europe and USA and Dubai is missing your billions of petrodollars now, or don't you know?

We have not learned, it seems. One day in the future, someone will drag up this post written today, 19 December 2021, and be reminded that I am saying this is not as bad as you think it will get. You are living in heaven today compared to the hell you'll be living in the future, then will you know that fire is truly burning you

Time, as they say, will tell.
story
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Jostoman: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
psucc:
Truly, the truth is very scarce. I am telling you that it is a pity you can do this to posterity.

Sir, as you claimed, in 1983, Buhari overthrown President Shagari because his government was kleptomaniac, how best did his government fair, afterwards?

Same claim that you voted Buhari in 2015 because GEJ'S administration was corrupt, what difference has this Government faired in terms of transparency?

It is great sometimes to keep mum than to say half truth.
God bless you my brother
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by joxxy01(m): 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
God this country should be divided, enough of rubbing shoulders with this Zombies
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
joxxy01:
first and foremost presidency is not an award, its a call to duty.. but reverse is the case with Buhari... he has succeeded in making life tough for the common man despite all his vein and empty promises.. the masses pay extra for everything without getting anything in return or maybe just some set of individual been the beneficiary.... The few Nigerians that are working hards to make end means and better the economy are been killed by Bandits and Fulani and he his not doing anything about.. and yet you clamouring for the citizen to work hard to develop the country? is it under this oppression or what?
Then forget about country. How about you just better your self? Or would you give up because bubu is incompetent? And besides, why are you calling someone else to duty instead of calling yourself?

If you are being oppressed, then stand up and fight for your rights goddamit! Though, you see those Fulani, at least, especially the almanjeris? Their oppression is far greater than you can imagine, and if we don't fight to educate them (you better read that as, "force education down their unwilling ignorant throats"wink, they will just become more bandits and terrorise us even more, even if you separate them into a country of their own.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by joxxy01(m): 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

Then forget about country. How about you just better your self? Or would you give up because bubu is incompetent? And besides, why are you calling someone else to duty instead of calling yourself?

If you are being oppressed, then stand up and fight for your rights goddamit! Though, you see those Fulani, at least, especially the almanjeris? Their oppression is far greater than you can imagine, and if we don't fight to educate them (you better read that as, "force education down their unwilling ignorant throats"wink, they will just become more bandits and terrorise us even more, even if you separate them into a country of their own.
Imagine what this one is saying, force education down whose throat?? Beside what then is Buhari's work as a President? maybe u should school me... Okay I called my self to duty by owning a farm where I cultivate to provide food for the country and increase GDP... and then some backward thinking Fulani and their cattle comes to my farm to graze all that I have labored for after " calling my self to duty" and then even threaten my life... what do u call that, and to add more salt to injury their number one Patron seating in Aso villa is not seeing anything wrong with it, as a matter of fact has not labelled them terrorist what do u call that?? where then is my motivation to farm when I am not protected?? how do I Perform my "Duty" coz that's my area of specialization
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by BennyDGreat: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
ednut1:
she studied in the UK.

Ohhh I see The quality of her English is simply amazing!
Not seen too many Nigerians speak this way
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by celwonder(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

I expect no less from your sort. You forgot to add that Buhari is just a clone.

If u ar referring to Buhari and also calling him a clone, knw dat u ar insulting your President.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Solsix(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

No we were not! Like in 84 when Buhari took over from the incompetent Shagari who squandered the revenue from oil and is known as one of the more corrupt eras in our history, so did we elect Buhari to clean up the kleptocracy of the Jonathan era.

The pity is that Buhari seems to get power when Nigeria's revenue from oil goes down. Then ignorant people claim he is underperforming as if not listening to Joseph and saving in times of plenty has no consequence when the time if plenty ends and famine begins. Have you all so quickly forgotten the billions of dollars and pounds and euros in ghanamustgoes and tucked away in soakaways? The whole of Europe and USA and Dubai is missing your billions of petrodollars now, or don't you know?

We have not learned, it seems. One day in the future, someone will drag up this post written today, 19 December 2021, and be reminded that I am saying this is not as bad as you think it will get. You are living in heaven today compared to the hell you'll be living in the future, then will you know that fire is truly burning you

Price of crude oil, how doe that relate with kidnap of school children?? How does that increase virtually all agricultural commodities beyond the rich of ordinary Nigerians??
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by vonlogon: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
kutashi:

What is really your message? And I hope you listened to the introductory message of the clip?
Hate for Buhari has really destroyed the best of your brain.

Also buy data to watch the whole clip before displaying your stupidity online!

Insult insult insult! You can relate without it
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Solsix:

Price of crude oil, how doe that relate with kidnap of school children?? How does that increase virtually all agricultural commodities beyond the rich of ordinary Nigerians??
I did not say kidnapping is because of oil money. During Jonathan's time there was more oil money and even more kidnapping, though I bet most of you forget.

Lack of something to do is what causes me to kidnap you. That, and the fact I am stupid. If I paid attention when in school and learnt to become an accountant or lawyer or carpenter or mechanic or farmer etc I would be too busy counting money suing furniture and mechanically farming acres of land, but look at me! Wailing that bubu is making food "beyond the rich of ordinary Nigerians" like the lazy fuq that I am! No wonder I am being kidnapped. What else am I good for than to be sold as a slave? Or perhaps you think school kidnapping has only just begun? Have you not heard of the Atlantic Slave Trade and the Trans-Saharan Slave Trade? Do you think they prefered university students? Or is it that you never knew school kidnappings have been going on in parts of Nigeria for centurys and finally I have become sufficiently empowered to shout loud enough that I am being kidnapped and be made a slave and fortunately you are no more too deaf to hear me?

As to your "rich", on 30k per month? Give me a break! Seriously, how much reach do you expect to have for so little? What work exactly do you do that 30k is all the reach you deserve? Don't you see tons of people all over Nigeria earning more? The carpenter and mechanic earn more than that and the lawyer and the accountant definitely lots lots more. Have you considered reskilling to increase your earning potential, or are you wailing for bubu to come from his enjoyment in Aso Rock and come and increase your reach?

You will live a very long and interesting life Solsix, mark my word. Do let me know how far you get someday in the future please. I would love to know how you got there.

Consider singing as you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOFu6b3w6c0

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
celwonder:

If u ar referring to Buhari and also calling him a clone, knw dat u ar insulting your President.
I have full regard and respect for my elders because I know they are doing the best they are capable of doing and I pray I overfill their shoes.

I apologise. My bubu is not a clone.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by celwonder(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

I have full regard and respect for my elders because I know they are doing they best they are capable of doing and I pray I overfill their shoes.

I apologise. My bubu is not a clone.

You jst confirmed my suspicion.

Do av a nice day.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by shadeyinka(m): 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

Please what special economic principle has he used since he took over?
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
joxxy01:
Imagine what this one is saying, force education down whose throat?? Beside what then is Buhari's work as a President? maybe u should school me... Okay I called my self to duty by owning a farm where I cultivate to provide food for the country and increase GDP...
Who send you? Do you not have a family? Don't you like good things? Why are you not simply providing the food on your farm for your own belly and that of your family?

joxxy01:
and then some backward thinking Fulani and their cattle comes to my farm to graze all that I have labored for after " calling my self to duty" and then even threaten my life... what do u call that,
And that cattle did not fall down dead?

But why will "Fulani and their cattle" not "come to my farm to graze all that I have labored for after "calling my self to duty" and then even threaten my life"?

Can you tell me the difference between the "Fulani and their cattle", and your "duty by owning a farm where I cultivate to provide food for the country and increase GDP", because, honestly speaking, they look like the same thing to me, and you should really be handling it over without them needing to threaten you.

On my farm, when Fulani ate my cassava, I informed them very strongly that I work for my cassava like they work for their meat so if they let their cattle eat my cassava they must understand its like I eat their cattle so I went to their oga and demanded payment for my cassava and got it.

Ok, I understand you might not have the powers I have accumulated, and my farm is in Osun State where Fulani and cattle is not overwhelming me, and we are organised in my town, and nobody born the Fulani who will try such a thing because boys know where they live and will just kill their cattle in retaliation. Still, wherever I am, so far its not North, I am sure me and all the other cassava growers can pull together and resist. Abi dem no get jujuman for your area so their cattle die?

Where in Nigeria is your farm, joxxy01?

joxxy01:

and to add more salt to injury their number one Patron seating in Aso villa is not seeing anything wrong with it, as a matter of fact has not labelled them terrorist what do u call that?? .
First, I do not agree he is their patron since their doings is detrimental to him really, and you're only being tribal, and before they brought their cattle down South they completely ravaged his own North, I hope you know.

But to be honest with you, I do not know how to convince you that "their number one Patron seating in Aso villa" does not care about you or has insufficient knowledge nor the ability to stop them, and when he even said they should do ranch cattle farming to get them off your farms, well, you did not exactly see the benefit of farming your farm as a ranch now did you? I mean, instead of reskilling, and advance from crop growing to animal processing, did you not say Fulani was taking your land?

joxxy01:
where then is my motivation to farm when I am not protected?? how do I Perform my "Duty" coz that's my area of specialization
Specialization is dead. That's why you must be agile and versatile. If one market no sell you do not just sit there, is how we say it in the market. You get off your lazy ass and find opportunities that work. Another word for it is reskill, or diversify.

As for your motivation. Your belly, or starve. Though, since your "duty by owning a farm where I cultivate to provide food for the country and increase GDP", I would not be surprised if you are starving already.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
shadeyinka:

Please what special economic principle has he used since he took over?
Buhari? Border closure. Buhari closed the border and made it profitable for me to grow rice. There might be others, but that's the only one I can recall at this moment. Perhaps others might help please, but it tells you lot's, don't it. About our collective ignorance. Afterall, he is not the only brain in Nigeria, or is he?

Look at us here, on the largest Nigerian forum with our almost 3 million brains. Show me the "special economic principle" we have bothered to discuss. Just one will do. Perhaps you'll understand how so ignorant we really are and help reduce that ignorance by next election.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
celwonder:

You jst confirmed my suspicion.

Do av a nice day.

Regards
Thank you. And you too.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Dedetwo(m): 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sirjamo:
99% of Nigerian graduates are glorified primary school pupils, certificate without anything upstairs.

Onyeka Onwenu stated clearly in her introduction that the documentary was about the corrupt and useless Shagari government, but PDP dundees are trying desperately to replace Shagari with Buhari. Foolish!!!

She also mentioned the hypocrisy of the present government, thus, Buhari's.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by shadeyinka(m): 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

Buhari? Border closure. Buhari closed the border and made it profitable for me to grow rice. There might be others, but that's the only one I can recall at this moment. Perhaps others might help please, but it tells you lot's, don't it. About our collective ignorance. Afterall, he is not the only brain in Nigeria, or is he?

Look at us here, on the largest Nigerian forum with our almost 3 million brains. Show me the "special economic principle" we have bothered to discuss. Just one will do. Perhaps you'll understand how so ignorant we really are and help reduce that ignorance by next election.
I guess you know that the borders are now opened!

But, is closing of borders a sound economic principle?
Was there any form of guarantee for your farm produce?

All this government know how to do is to BORROW money and SHARE money in the name of Tradermoni and co!

Thoroughly disappointed in this government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by joxxy01(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

Who send you? Do you not have a family? Don't you like good things? Why are you not simply providing the food on your farm for your own belly and that of your family?

And that cattle did not fall down dead?

But why will "Fulani and their cattle" not "come to my farm to graze all that I have labored for after "calling my self to duty" and then even threaten my life"?

Can you tell me the difference between the "Fulani and their cattle", and your "duty by owning a farm where I cultivate to provide food for the country and increase GDP", because, honestly speaking, they look like the same thing to me, and you should really be handling it over without them needing to threaten you.

On my farm, when Fulani ate my cassava, I informed them very strongly that I work for my cassava like they work for their meat so if they let their cattle eat my cassava they must understand its like I eat their cattle so I went to their oga and demanded payment for my cassava and got it.

Ok, I understand you might not have the powers I have accumulated, and my farm is in Osun State where Fulani and cattle is not overwhelming me, and we are organised in my town, and nobody born the Fulani who will try such a thing because boys know where they live and will just kill their cattle in retaliation. Still, wherever I am, so far its not North, I am sure me and all the other cassava growers can pull together and resist. Abi dem no get jujuman for your area so their cattle die?

Where in Nigeria is your farm, joxxy01?

First, I do not agree he is their patron since their doings is detrimental to him really, and you're only being tribal, and before they brought their cattle down South they completely ravaged his own North, I hope you know.

But to be honest with you, I do not know how to convince you that "their number one Patron seating in Aso villa" does not care about you or has insufficient knowledge nor the ability to stop them, and when he even said they should do ranch cattle farming to get them off your farms, well, you did not exactly see the benefit of farming your farm as a ranch now did you? I mean, instead of reskilling, and advance from crop growing to animal processing, did you not say Fulani was taking your land?

Specialization is dead. That's why you must be agile and versatile. If one market no sell you do not just sit there, is how we say it in the market. You get off your lazy ass and find opportunities that work. Another word for it is reskill, or diversify.

As for your motivation. Your belly, or starve. Though, since your "duty by owning a farm where I cultivate to provide food for the country and increase GDP", I would not be surprised if you are starving already.
Whaoooo I laugh, I now know who you are.... no point arguing. I now know you.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
shadeyinka:

I guess you know that the borders are now opened!

But, is closing of borders a sound economic principle?
Was there any form of guarantee for your farm produce?

All this government know how to do is to BORROW money and SHARE money in the name of Tradermoni and co!

Thoroughly disappointed in this government.
Of course its not sound economic anything! It is absolutely absurd! But as I said, show me one economic principle that 3 million of us Nigerians have ever discussed on here. I don't mind if its unsound even, just one.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
joxxy01:
Whaoooo I laugh, I now know who you are.... no point arguing. I now know you.
Glad you laughed. Don't stop there though. Work plenty de, or we will be wailing still like lazy fuqs long after we kick out my bubu.
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by joxxy01(m): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

Glad you laughed. Don't stop there though. Work plenty de, or we will be wailing still like lazy fuqs long after we kick out my bubu.
But trust me Bro... you never made any valid sense.. not even one, just dodging from the truth.. Good night
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
joxxy01:
But trust me Bro... you never made any valid sense.. not even one, just dodging from the truth.. Good night
You mean, it made no sense to you.

Are we not happy you are not the only one reading here?
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by shadeyinka(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
budaatum:

Of course its not sound economic anything! It is absolutely absurd! But as I said, show me one economic principle that 3 million of us Nigerians have ever discussed on here. I don't mind if its unsound even, just one.
Far inbetween!
I've chatted with some guys on in on NL but the truth is that few people are analytic with respect to deeper things involving Nigeria and her economy.

As for me, I advocate "A Systematic Import Substitution Economy" with active utilization of Nigerian's intellectual and Human resources to solve local problems and supply needs. It is imperative that we wean ourselves from importation (with it we impoverish ourselves and farm out jobs to exporting nations)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
shadeyinka:

Far inbetween!
I've chatted with some guys on in on NL but the truth is that few people are analytic with respect to deeper things involving Nigeria and her economy.
Seems you see what I mean, and hope you find that disturbing. Are you surprised si many are wailing bubu? What about our own brains? Are they not needed? Are we such dunces? We really should be asking!

shadeyinka:
As for me, I advocate "A Systematic Import Substitution Economy" with active utilization of Nigerian's intellectual and Human resources to solve local problems and supply needs. It is imperative that we wean ourselves from importation (with it we impoverish ourselves and farm out jobs to exporting nations)
I'm getting tired of these wailers.

I wonder if you could think about it a bit more, add some flesh to it then start a thread where I can join you to discuss if only so next time we can both point to one single thread where we can say we discussed a sound economic principle please?

It will make my week not go wasted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Over 87 FCT Residents Killed, 176 Kidnapped Under Tinubu – Beacon Consulting / If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria / Finally, Fuel Will Be Sold At 60 Naira Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.