Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,210 members, 7,903,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again (1511 Views)

HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. / 'People Have Deserted Aso Rock Because I'm Going' - Jonathan Speaks Emotionally / Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by chamber2(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan
As I said at the Grand Finale Rally hours ago in Abuja, I pledge my personal commitment to the upliftment of Nigeria and her citizens. As we approach the election, let me restate that neither my ambition, nor the ambition of any Nigerian is worth the blood of any youth. All my kids are in Nigeria and what I do not wish for them I do not wish for your kids. Vote your conscience but shun entreaties to violence.
http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by chamber2(m): 8:15am On Mar 27, 2011
This is the man Nigeria and Nigerians need at this point in our history,not those who ignite and encourage violence and bloodshed.Go,GEJ
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2011
@poster

Na you dey talk! Na you de answer ya self! MADMAN! angry angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by pj5(f): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2011
^^^ Kai! Greators, u harsh no bi small! Can't stop laughing.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by kasiem(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2011
Humility in action. Fresh air is working
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Coolabbie: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2011
Gej doing wat he knows best, using sentiments 2 entice/hypnotize his sheeple. U can hear dem bleating in unison.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by baslone: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2011
Is that the manifesto? ?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by seal777(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2011
Dont u think its better for GEJ to keep quiet till election day cos the more he talks, the more support he looses in his perceived strong hold, ,i just convert 5 GEJ supporter in an engaging discussion xtenite(they look stupid wit no point on y they supported him)3 moved to the BB camp,1 abstain yle 1undecided), ha ha ha ha,its getting everly interesting.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by pj5(f): 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2011
Good work Seal777! Let's keep it going guys!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by chamber2(m): 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2011
No matter the amount of propaganda,GEJ will definitely win the presidential election come April 2011.I am still taking statistics of those who will end up committing suicide when this finally happens.There number is increasing day after day.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nicklee(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2011
chamber2:

No matter the amount of propaganda,GEJ will definitely win the presidential election come April 2011.I am still taking statistics of those who will end up committing suicide when this finally happens.There number is increasing day after day.

Will definitely? Are you going to hang yourself is he looses? GEJ will definitely win the presidential election Please give me a break. I noticed that most GEJ supporters are now resorting to emotional blackmail. Speak for your candidate. Tell us what he has done with 12 years that the people of Bayelsa and Nigeria entrusted with him.
chamber2:

Goodluck Jonathan
As I said at the Grand Finale Rally hours ago in Abuja, I pledge my personal commitment to the upliftment of Nigeria and her citizens. As we approach the election, let me restate that neither my ambition, nor the ambition of any Nigerian is worth the blood of any youth. All my kids are in Nigeria and what I do not wish for them I do not wish for your kids. Vote your conscience but shun entreaties to violence.
http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck

Ha ha - are they in public schools? Do they ride to school in public buses to face the risk involved in everyday commute in Nigeria? You don't have to live abroad to 'chop' your loots and live a high life. Most importantly: WILL YOUR CHILDREN STUDY IN ANY NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY? Can you make a statement to that effect that your children will also study in Nigerian universities?

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by chamber2(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2011
Will definitely? Are you going to hang yourself is he looses? GEJ will definitely win the presidential election Please give me a break. I noticed that most GEJ supporters are now resorting to emotional blackmail. Speak for your candidate. Tell us what he has done with 12 years that the people of Bayelsa and Nigeria entrusted with him

, but that is the simple truth,though it's hard to believe.I don't live in delusion because the truth speaks for itself.What did BB do when he was president?Are all members of Tunde Bakare's church living well?Do you expect GEJ to perform miracles within one yr in office?Please give me a break too.The US you live in was not built by one man neither was it built on a yr.After the north and their uninformed leaders must have bastardised the country for so many yrs you now expect GEJ to perform miracles within one yr,something BB could not do while in office and Bakare himself failed to achieve in a small congregation.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nicklee(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2011
chamber2:

, but that is the simple truth,though it's hard to believe.I don't live in delusion because the truth speaks for itself.What did BB do when he was president?Are all members of Tunde Bakare's church living well?Do you expect GEJ to perform miracles within one yr in office?Please give me a break too.The US you live in was not built by one man neither was it built on a yr.After the north and their uninformed leaders must have bastardised the country for so many yrs you now expect GEJ to perform miracles within one yr,something BB could not do while in office and Bakare himself failed to achieve in a small congregation.

Thanks for being civil. Continuing in your line of thought, I hope you remember that Buhari was also only in office for 1 yr and 8 months. GEJ was VP for 3 years and president for 1 year. Are we trying to discount GEJ's 3 years as VP as nothing? Was he just a figure head VP, making little contributions then? I beg to disagree that we need to compare GEJ's 1 year as president with Buhari's unless GEJ is about to tell us that he was a FAILURE as a VP.

Ok, even if we decide to compare the two during the time period that they were both heads of state; Buhari will still beat GEJ hands down. Remember Buhari came in during an oil crisis when the crude oil price was very very low and GEJ has seen record oil prices. Look at their achievements and go figure.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by chamber2(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2011
Thanks for being civil. Continuing in your line of thought, I hope you remember that Buhari was also only in office for 1 yr and 8 months. GEJ was VP for 3 years and president for 1 year. Are we trying to discount GEJ's 3 years as VP as nothing? Was he just a figure head VP, making little contributions then? I beg to disagree that we need to compare GEJ's 1 year as president with Buhari's unless GEJ is about to tell us that he was a FAILURE as a VP.

Ok, even if we decide to compare the two during the time period that they were both heads of state; Buhari will still beat GEJ hands down. Remember Buhari came in during an oil crisis when the crude oil price was very very low and GEJ has seen record oil prices. Look at their achievements and go figure.

You and I know too well that a VP is a mere spare tyre and may have little or no influence over policy directions.Comparing 1980s and now is a very difficult thing to do.Oil price increase may not be the only parameter.But i don't want to dabble into that because that will lead to some many arguments.

But see my dear,it is high time we allowed younger and well educated people to rule.That has been the problem of Nigeria,ex military this ruling and handing over to ex military that and the country continues to suffer.If it were Bakare and Ribadu I may not have problems with that.But you see Buhari,Atiku,Babangida etc The North has failed,lets therefore try the South.The North imposed a sick president on all Nigerians yet no one complained not until it became obvious that Nigeria was been ruled by a dead man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by seal777(m): 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2011
What an excuse, it took GEJ less than a yr to empty the external reserve bt nt enof to show signs of improvement.He is negotiating loans wit IMF already. Keep deceiving urself. BB FOR SURE.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by aletheia(m): 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2011
Nicklee:

Ha ha - are they in public schools?

Most of you Buhari supporters are hypocrites. And your hypocrisy will cost Buhari the election. Do Buhari's children attend public schools? Hint: If you don't know the answer, go and watch his reply to the question on the NN24 debate.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2011
aletheia:

Most of you Buhari supporters are hypocrites. And your hypocrisy will cost Buhari the election. Do Buhari's children attend public schools? Hint: If you don't know the answer, go and watch his reply to the question on the NN24 debate.
Yes they do, His kids went to Unity schools and public Governement owned uiversities
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by aletheia(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2011
^^Some of his children may have attended Unity schools etc but Buhari himself conceded that his children attended private schools during the NN24 debate. Or didn't you watch that part? Or are you conveniently glossing over it?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Rhino5dm: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2011
I think that can be better said of GEJ supporters. How can a 'God sent' be romancing with thives and murderers(IBB,Dokpesi,Bode Goerge. . . undecided).
Pathetic Indeed!

aletheia:

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nicklee(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2011
aisha2:

Yes they do, His kids went to Unity schools and public Governement owned uiversities

Thanks Aisha2 for clarifying this. I'll like to know if GEJ's kids are in public schools. Also will he commit to sending them to Nigerian Universities?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by superboi(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2011
Buhari's son was in ABU with me , so was Obasanjo's son. So that school thingy does not figure,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nicklee(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2011
^^^ The point is this: By saying his kids are in Nigeria, GEJ was implying that they are in Nigeria under the same circumstances as the people he is asking to vote for him. That is deceptive. If his kids will be shipped to England (that is where they all go) for undergrad., then all his talk is arrant nonsense and anyone that believes him should feel sorry for himself. The same goes for whatever primary and secondary schools they are attending.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Crownvilla(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2011
@ Nicklee

GEJ can't claim that he was a spare tyre VP. Yar'adua gave GEJ a very important and pivotal assignment as Yar'adua's VP.

GEJ was the head of the special committee on Power. In effect, GEJ was supposed to oversee the NIPP projects and ensure they become operational. I remember reading a news report in early 2008 when GEJ toured one of the IPP (Independent Power Projects) and declared that nothing could hinder Nigeria from achieving 6,000 MW by December 2009.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by gernded(m): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2011
i wonder why the opposition hijack every topic in this forum?

OPPOSITION WHY?

GO TO THE STREET AND CAMPAIN TALK TO MARKET WOMEN AND TRADERS.

I HAVE PUT A CALL TO LAGOS AND MANY STATE THEY SAID APRIL 9TH IS FOR GEJ BUT GOVERNOR IS DIFFERENT.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by kasiem(m): 10:40pm On Mar 27, 2011
Why is it that this moderator are biased towards pro-gej henchmen. Deleting my comments wld't help u guys
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by 9ijaMan: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2011
kasiem:

Why is it that this moderator are biased towards pro-gej henchmen. Deleting my comments wld't help u guys

gernded:

i wonder why the opposition hijack every topic in this forum?

OPPOSITION WHY?

GO TO THE STREET AND CAMPAIN TALK TO MARKET WOMEN AND TRADERS.

I HAVE PUT A CALL TO LAGOS AND MANY STATE THEY SAID APRIL 9TH IS FOR GEJ BUT GOVERNOR IS DIFFERENT.

You want to know why? It's simply because there is always a limit to how long and how far falsehood can be peddled, it takes just a single moment for truth to catchup. GEJs false life have been on for 12 years, and interestingly his supporters have acknowledged he was a failure as a VP, failure as a Governor, failure as a deputy governor and now a failure as the C-in-C.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by wesley80(m): 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2011
@9ijaman
Whatever cooks your soup dummy. Even If he has been a failure all his life well see how far it has got him! See u wey be success all your miserable life the only voice u have is on a faceless forum shooting off your obnoxious mouth like a dane gun stuffed with wet gun powder. Call him whateva you like and keep calling and be prepared to continue calling for the next four years, if u cant stomach him for that long, then there's a honourable way out for you- the lagoon!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by 9ijaMan: 11:43pm On Mar 27, 2011
wesley80:

@9ijaman
Whatever cooks your soup dummy. Even If he has been a failure all his life well see how far it has got him! See u wey be success all your miserable life the only voice u have is on a faceless forum shooting off your obnoxious mouth like a dane gun stuffed with wet gun powder. Call him whateva you like and keep calling and be prepared to continue calling for the next four years, if u cant stomach him for that long, then there's a honourable way out for you- the lagoon!

Clap for yaself! Abeg explain to me how you've been able to address the points I raised with all these gibberish you typed. I suppose Wesley80 is your real name abi! Talking about achievements, I have always worked hard my entire life to get to where I am. I didn't rise through the ranks at work by chance or through some misconstrued element of luck. So why not keep you cool and use your brains well to prove me wrong in my allegations of GEJ's failures in governance instead of puffing hot to attack a faceless forumite. As it is at the moment, there is nothing you and the rest of your ilk can do to get to me even if you try.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by aletheia(m): 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2011
. . .I can see Aisha2 has tactically avoided responding to this salient point I raised:

aletheia:

^^Some of his children may have attended Unity schools etc but Buhari himself conceded that his children attended private schools during the NN24 debate. Or didn't you watch that part? Or are you conveniently glossing over it?

Nicklee:

^^^ The point is this: By saying his kids are in Nigeria, GEJ was implying that they are in Nigeria under the same circumstances as the people he is asking to vote for him. That is deceptive. If his kids will be shipped to England (that is where they all go) for undergrad., then all his talk is arrant nonsense and anyone that believes him should feel sorry for himself. The same goes for whatever primary and secondary schools they are attending.

I maintain that most of Buhari's supporters are opportunistic hypocrites. Look for another reason to diss GEJ not this one. If GEJ's children were abroad, you will be one of those screaming blue murder. So Buhari's children are under the same circumstances as the poverty-stricken crowds that turn up at his rallies? Right? stop being hypocritical. At least Buhari that you claim to support gave an honest answer on the NN24 debate

I repeat:
aletheia:

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 28, 2011
aletheia:

. . .I can see Aisha2 has tactically avoided responding to this salient point I raised:

I maintain that most of Buhari's supporters are opportunistic hypocrites. Look for another reason to diss GEJ not this one. If GEJ's children were abroad, you will be one of those screaming blue murder. So Buhari's children are under the same circumstances as the poverty-stricken crowds that turn up at his rallies? Right? stop being hypocritical. At least Buhari that you claim to support gave an honest answer on the NN24 debate

I repeat:
I have been bussy trying to clean up some threads. Anyway Buhari never said his kids are in private schools, he said people who can afford to send their kids to private schools should not be prevented instead we should raise the quality of public schools to compete with private schools
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by aletheia(m): 12:41am On Mar 28, 2011
aisha2:

I have been bussy trying to clean up some threads. Anyway Buhari never said his kids are in private schools, he said people who can afford to send their kids to private schools should not be prevented instead we should raise the quality of public schools to compete with private schools
^^^And how am I to interpret that answer to a direct question put to him about his children attending private schools? Or has Buhari now become a proponent of waffling and doublespeak?

I have no problem with any one supporting Buhari but please stop painting him as one kind of messianic perfect figure. Down that road, lies personality cults, fanaticism and intolerance of dissent and criticism. . .traits that are all too clearly evident among a lot of Buhari's supporters on this forum.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Pharoh: 12:59am On Mar 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

How can a 'God sent' be romancing with thives and murderers(IBB,Dokpesi,Bode Goerge. . . undecided).

Who are the thieves and murders in your list? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Appointed Force Commander For Un Mission In South Sudan / Doctors' Strike In Lagos State: Chronicle Of Events / Real Reason For The 5000 Naira Note!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.