Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,028 members, 7,939,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again (1516 Views)

HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. / 'People Have Deserted Aso Rock Because I'm Going' - Jonathan Speaks Emotionally / Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Again by Nicklee(m): 1:02am On Mar 28, 2011
aletheia:

^^^And how am I to interpret that answer to a direct question put to him about his children attending private schools? Or has Buhari now become a proponent of waffling and doublespeak?

I have no problem with any one supporting Buhari but please stop painting him as one kind of messianic perfect figure. Down that road, lies personality cults, fanaticism and intolerance of dissent and criticism. . .traits that are all too clearly evident among a lot of Buhari's supporters on this forum.

Ok Aletheia: Now I can see where you are headed and why you have also avoided the glaring implication of GEJ's words. For the last time (cos I think we are overbeating this), there is an inherent implication in GEJ's words when he said that his kids are in Nigeria. For your information, the children of most governors, deputy governors and not surprisingly, the VP and the president, who are still minors (or still in secondary school) are mostly in Nigeria. This is because they are actually safer in Nigeria (where they have the routine of security aides) tha,n in say, the UK where some junkie can come off the street and shoot them for some few dollars or pounds. So it is not a big deal really to say that your kids (minors) are all in Nigeria. But in trying to spin this for his political good, he is implying that his kids share the same circumstances as other ordinary Nigerian kids. He is trying to play his kids sojourn in Nigeria as a political card and in doing so has made that information fair game.

I still want to know if his kids are attending public schools. If he is reposing so much confidence in the educational system that he has built over the past 12 years as DG, G, VP and P, then it is only reasonable that he send his kids to public schools. Again, I am even more concerned about their tertiary education. GEJ was a lecturer before luck (albeit ill-luck on the part of his former immediate bosses) brought him this far. Has he done enough for university education in Nigeria to mandate his own children to study in one of our 'great' universities?

Again, by trying to use his kids as a political tool to whip emotional and psychological support, he has made the situation fair game and every scrutiny is in order.

I must commend your civility too. I have noticed a lack of this in many posts and this is quite disturbing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Political Leaders Forum Sponsor Terror / Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Might Be Africa’s Richest Man: Forbes / Is This 100 Year Old Political Cartoon- Still As Accurate As Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.