Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,119 members, 7,880,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:08 PM

Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life (28288 Views)

Maradona's Death: Players, Entertainers Mourn Soccer Legend / Diego Maradona's Death: Fernandez Declares 3-Day National Mourning In Argentina / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Diego Maradona's former doctor has revealed the footballing legend tried to commit suicide in the past

Diego Maradona 's former doctor has dropped a bombshell revelation regarding the footballing legend's health.

Maradona, 60, passed away last month after suffering a heart attack just weeks after undergoing brain surgery.

But Dr Alfredo Cahe now claims the Barcelona and Napoli hero may have stopped eating and taking his medication after falling into depression just before his death.

"This just does not seem like a simple heart attack to me," he told an Argentine radio station on Sunday.

Cahe treated Maradona between 1977 and 2007 - and admits the footballer tried to commit suicide in Cuba in the past.

He claims in a conversation with Maradona afterwards, he asked him if he wanted to commit suicide, and said Maradona replied: "Maybe someday, what do I know?"

Since Maradona's death, doctors and nurses have been accused of negligence. Police have raided homes of attorneys and friends as they look to back up those claims.

"Diego was tired," Dr Cahe continued. "All of these events were the consequence of suicide. "For me there was negligence, recklessness and inexperience, all three.

"In the clinic I did not see him with a total monitoring and I did not see him care with a constant and continuous nursing plan.

"He was not taken care of properly. He should have remained hospitalized, not in a house that was not prepared [for him]."

Maradona's final doctor, Dr Luque, has been accused of partial responsibility for Maradona's death since his passing.

"If I'm responsible for anything when it comes to Diego, it was loving him, caring for him, improving his life to the end and extending it," he said recently.

Health experts say the cocktail of drugs could have put stress on Maradona's heart before his death.

His heart failure caused a pulmonary edema, according to an initial post-mortem.
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/diego-maradona-suicide-death-doctor-23200598

1 Share

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by tillaman(m): 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Karlovich: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
embarassed, Diego was on a downward spiral in the last few years of his life, but labelling his death as a form of suicide is cow dung.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by DenreleDave(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
Lies
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by handsomeyinka(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Let the dead rest in peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
OKK
Over to DIEGO to respond...

8 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Bornsinner7: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
The legend done rest.. let him rest in peace..

All this one no go bring am back nor make the dead body confess how e take die

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by 1Alex: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
So make we do wetin now. In short doctor, na you kill am.

2 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by DontBullshitMe: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
We have started.

Headline does not match news story.

2 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by millionboi2: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
Him don die,b say him don die

Make una allow m
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by HerMajestyCares(f): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
He is finally gone,

They should let him rest in peace.

I thank Jesus for wealth and life. cheesy
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Muhylonaire007: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
Let this man rest in peace abeg
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by DoctorDree(m): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
Different stories......Only God and he himself knows the truth and cause of his death and both of them can’t be questioned.....
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by humilitypays(m): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sometimes in life, after you have acquired money and fame, you will start to feel empty, you will start to search for companies here and there, this is where having a good spouse and children helps. I am almost in that stage of life now, and that's one good thing Nairaland is doing, helping to keep us company and help us fight off lipsrsealed

Money is good, but my people I want to confess to you all, money is not everything. As you search for money pls try and get yourself a good and caring spouse, it helps. Life is boring if u have all the money and no spouse and kids to play, make jokes and laugh together cry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Ekakamba: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
And I quote:
"If I'm responsible for anything when it comes to Diego, it was loving him, caring for him, improving his life to the end and extending it,"

I asked if he wanted to commit suicide, and he said (Maradona) "Maybe someday, what do I know?"

Who no go like exonerate himself? Dr. na suspect.
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Dailyhappenings: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wow...he was having a great time na...I guess from what his daughter said...so whyyyyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPqN64TxxI4
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Imstrong2(m): 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
He had the fame what else? Hmmmm

Let me finally join the ' this life no balance' team'angry
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by ovie8200: 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Then they need to release his personal doctor they have accusing of contributing to his death. The man lived a reckless life anyway.
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Gawsew: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Interesting update
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by mountmoriah(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
RIP in peace to the Legend the world is full of wahala, you don't rest from this problematic world, rest well
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by R00ney: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Adonbelivit
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by kaludestiny10(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
They should close this debate on the cause of his death. The man don kick bucket be say him don kick bucket. They should allow him to face his creator at the judgement throne in peace.
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Yougrt: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Very hard to believe
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Let the dead man Rest in peace biko.

The Legend lives on in our heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by toffyz(m): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Mtchew.....Medicine after dealth

Abeg make the former Doctor park well Jor!
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by ModRipo: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
What a revelation
Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by Sonnobax15(m): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Enough of these rubbish....the nigga has rested,so let him be....
These many investigations won't bring him back...

Oyinbo matter tire me self

2 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life by kenzysmith: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
white people must always link something to any hero death

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Eriksen Arrives Back At Inter Milan For The First Time (Photos, Video) / Soboye Shehuin Dies In Road Accident One Week To Wedding / Arsenal Goalkeeper Ospina Collapses During Napoli Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.