Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara (585 Views)

Robbery In Aso Rock Is Fake News - Bashir Ahmad (President Buhari's PA) / Bashir Ahmed Posted Fake News Claiming EU Commended Buhari On Kankara - SR / Payment Of N150,000 To Boko Haram Ex Members Monthly Is Fake News - Bashir Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
Fake News: Buhari’s Aide Exposed For Claiming EU Commended Buhari on Kankara Schoolboys
ABEL OGWU on December 22, 2020 at 2:16 pm

A media aide to President Muhammadu Buhari, Bashir Ahmad, has been exposed for posting fake news alleging that the European Union commended the President for the release and safe return of the 344 abducted students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State.

Ahmad had on Sunday tweeted the congratulatory message which also blamed former President Goodluck Jonathan for his poor handling of the abduction of Chibok girls in 2014.

The tweet read, “We commend President Buhari for the swiftness and efficiency with which the lads were rescued from their abductors. Such swiftness would have made all the difference had such occurred in 2014 when schoolgirls were similarly abducted from their school – EU Human Rights Forum.”

Whereas the post has garnered 361 retweets and 1, 900 likes, the purported EU Human Rights Forum does not exist.

Angered by this falsehood, Nigerians lambasted Ahmad on social media. This is not the first time a media aide to the President would be caught posting fake news or misrepresenting facts.

Last week, Senior Special Assistant to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, apologised for claiming only 10 schoolboys were abducted in Katsina.

Follow us on Twitter at @thesignalng

http://www.signalng.com/fake-news-buhari-aide-exposed-for-claiming-eu-commended-buhari-on-kankara-schoolboys/
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2020
Yarimo, how far grin
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by jlinkd78(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2020
Fake people everywhere
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by Maxymilliano(m): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2020
Government of deciet and doublespeak

1 Like

Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2020
I wondered if it was possible for a government to lie its way throughout its tenure but shut my mouth when i came across this Buhari’s junta grin tufiakwa for all the devils wey dey here including their online imbéciles

1 Like

Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by doggedfighter(f): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2020
Kai
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by obi4eze(m): 10:08am On Dec 23, 2020
I was shocked myself. To think that it made front-page.

1 Like

Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2020
Bmc crew
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by IamWonderful: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2020
it was a disturbing news, EU wouldn't do such a thing
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:34am On Dec 23, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Bmc crew
those useless imbéciles, they don't even have a little honour to apologise for their misdeeds
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2020
obi4eze:
I was shocked myself. To think that it made front-page.
you know the bmc imbéciles have one mod in their pocket na
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by Mgbadike80: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Government of lies and propaganda.
Re: FAKE NEWS: Bashir Ahmed Busted For Claiming The EU Commended Buhari On Kankara by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Government of lies and propaganda.
they have nothing else to offer

(1) (Reply)

Video: Obasanjo Shows Dancing Steps At Son's Wedding / Seven Feared Killed In Fresh Clash Between Herders, Amotekun Operatives In Oyo / Buhari Warns PDP To Stop Defaming His Former Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.