Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,118 members, 7,899,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:10 AM

Nigeria history? can it be taught in school - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria history? can it be taught in school (3326 Views)

JK We Trust With No Public Post History.can He Be Trusted.gambling Is Bad / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures / The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 29, 2011
Hi everyone, Why is the war, stuff about independence not been taught in school? as Nigeria History

i Hope this bring less comment to this thread o
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by fstranger3(m): 2:59am On Mar 29, 2011
Try going through Katsumoto's post. he seems to be very well informed on that matter. He is not a Nigerian so you can be sure to be looking at it from a neutral perspective.

Just search Katsumoto

He is very well known on this forum.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by fstranger3(m): 3:03am On Mar 29, 2011
I am not a teacher and I left school a long time ago, so not sure why.

A lot of things is wrong with Nigeria. I didnt get to read Ake by Soyinka until I got to college in the US, imagine.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 29, 2011
cant find katsumoto, can you help me on it please?
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by fstranger3(m): 3:09am On Mar 29, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-599800.0.html

that thread has so much info. katsumoto was there too.

goodluck. becareful who you listen to. So much revisionists on that thread. Katz provided some facts, unlike the others.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Chyz2: 3:29am On Mar 29, 2011
Donlittle:

Thanks i apreciate that, do you feel if the british left power for the yorubas there will be less wrs?? or there wnt be at all?

Do not go through Katsomto's post.He is a tribalist and a yoruba bigot(no offense). Go through PhysicsPMD's post, he is an Edo man and not at all bias in his views and the his very educated on the issue.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by jason123: 3:41am On Mar 29, 2011
Chyz*:

Do not go through Katsomto's post.He is a tribalist and a yoruba bigot(no offense). Go through PhysicsPMD's post, he is an Edo man and not at all bias in his views and the his very educated on the issue.

That is rich, don't you think?! cheesy wink
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 29, 2011
Chyz*:

you must really think he likes you.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by AljUche: 3:45am On Mar 29, 2011
Donlittle:

shocked  shocked how will i get the post, cuz i dnt even know how to work on it
just log in

click on the person's profile

click on last post

each post would have a title

word of advice i am igbo as well so i am not against my people read katsmoto's, physicsmhd's post

try to avoid onlytruth, ezeuche, chyz, dede1 and andre uweh's post because they are lying

even better; go to google books are read about it
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by fstranger3(m): 3:45am On Mar 29, 2011
Chyz*:

Katz is not even Yoruba. Thats well documented!
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by AljUche: 3:47am On Mar 29, 2011
i remember how jason12345 started

it was just like this guy until now
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Chyz2: 3:48am On Mar 29, 2011
fstranger3:

Katz is not even Yoruba. Thats well documented!

So you are here lying out of your teeth so a new comer when he can just go through his comments and confirm that Katsumoto is yoruba? I hope you know you've just ruined yourself when it comes to trust and truth to a new comer. Wait until others see what you've just typed.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Chyz2: 3:49am On Mar 29, 2011
tpiah!:

you must really think he likes you.

I respect his vast knowledge. Is that a crime?
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 29, 2011
Chyz*:

I respect his vast knowledge. Is that a crime?

what am i saying and what are you saying.

i said you obviously like him [or respect him, whatever, potato potahtoe], and quite clearly, think he likes you back?
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Chyz2: 3:51am On Mar 29, 2011
Donlittle:

shocked  shocked how will i get the post, cuz i dnt even know how to work on it

Here is where the posts between Katsumoto and PhysicsMHD starts. You can follow and the truth is clearly revealed. Very interesting:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-595963.32.html
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Chyz2: 3:52am On Mar 29, 2011
tpiah!:

what am i saying and what are you saying.

i said you obviously like him [or respect him, whatever, potato potahtoe], and quite clearly, thinks he likes you back?

I respect his vast knowledge,period.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by dayokanu(m): 3:53am On Mar 29, 2011
Maybe they dont teach it in school because it brings back horrible memories and can instigate people.

Similar to how Americans dont talk much about Slave trade. I heard the movie "ROOTS" when shown on American TV a while back caused some furore
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Chyz2: 3:55am On Mar 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe they dont teach it in school because it brings back horrible memories and can instigate people.

Similar to how Americans dont talk much about Slave trade. I heard the movie "ROOTS" when shown on American TV a while back caused some furore

Americans schools teach about slave trade all school levels: Elementary, Junior High, High School, and College. Do you live in the U.S.?
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 29, 2011
Chyz*:

I respect his vast knowledge,period.

good for you.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by henry101(m): 4:01am On Mar 29, 2011
Alj Uche:

just log in

click on the person's profile

click on last post

each post would have a title

word of advice i am igbo as well so i am not against my people read katsmoto's, physicsmhd's post

try to avoid onlytruth, ezeuche, chyz, dede1 and andre uweh's post because they are lying

even better; go to google books are read about it

You are a sugar-coated tribalist.
Only Physicsmhd post seems so well balanced.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 4:02am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by fstranger3(m): 4:05am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^ Do you have the time to watch NTA documentary on the war?
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by alex101(m): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2011
@ OP
You are a fraud! reveal your true self if you have any balls/breast (choose one that applies to you) angry

You are here to cause another commotion. You already know the truth but will deny it, even if staring you in the face.

BTW, ask your parents to reveal the[b] truth [/b] about the war and don't bother people on NL.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by AljUche: 4:06am On Mar 29, 2011
Donlittle:

hey help me check the nzeogwu they were talkin about, when i was 14 i read a book about chukwuemeka nzeogwu he was a soldier then died during a coup, he was obasanjo friend? is he the same one too?? please i need knwledge everywere i cn get it, thnks

why can't you go to google and read jornals and books about it

if you are looking for acurate information then it is not nairaland you would find it

infact from the looks of things, you are talking to number 2 lier on nairaland

go to google or google books and read up
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by alex101(m): 4:07am On Mar 29, 2011
@ OP
You are a fraud! reveal your true self if you have any balls/breast (choose one that applies to you) angry

You are here to cause another commotion. You already know the truth but will deny it, even if staring you in the face.

BTW, ask your parents to reveal the[b] truth [/b] about the war and don't bother people on NL.
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by AljUche: 4:08am On Mar 29, 2011
henry101:

You are a sugar-coated tribalist.
Only Physicsmhd post seems so well balanced.

and that is why i said PhysicsMHD or Katsumoto undecided

they both have balance views about the war

I do not think Katsumoto is a tribalist because i read between his post
Re: Nigeria history? can it be taught in school by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 29, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Conspiracy Against The Yoruba Nation By Northerners By Chief Bisi Akande / Photo: Hilarious Pix Of Jaja Wachuku Dozzing Off At A Meeting In New York / Yoruba Farmers Accuse Traditional Rulers Of Receiving Bribe From Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.