Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,055 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

COVID-19 Has Grown Beyond Second Wave, Now A Tsunami – Expert - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Has Grown Beyond Second Wave, Now A Tsunami – Expert (134 Views)

COVID-19 Has Grown Beyond Second Wave, Now A Tsunami – Expert / COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown / COVID-19 Has Turned Everything Upside Down In Nigeria – PTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Has Grown Beyond Second Wave, Now A Tsunami – Expert by Baharly: 3:11am On Jan 02, 2021
A medical expert has lamented the care-free attitude of Nigerians to the COVID-19 pandemic, which she has described as a Tsunami.
The Founder and Chief Executive of Paelon Memorial Hospital, Ngozi Onyia, has lamented over Nigerians’ care-free attitude to the COVID-19 pandemic, which she described as Tsunami.
To the Medical Practitioner, the virus has grown beyond a second wave stage to a Tsunami.
Onyia, who disclosed this on her LinkedIn page, explained that as far as Paelon Memorial Hospital is concerned, the development is no longer a second wave but a Tsunami.
She said,“My phone ringing of the hook, patients crowding in and around the tent, making tough calls, who to take in our treatment centre, who to put in one of our four vents. I have to take ethical decisions that i have not taken in over 38 years of practice. It is therefore simply infuriating to see people wearing masks on their chins, crowding together with no respect for social distancing, and carrying on, business as usual.”

(1) (Reply)

The Coronavirus Is Infecting And Killing Black Americans At High Rate / 9 Superb Benefit Of Garlic To Your Health And General Well-being / Switch To Semi-private Personal Training To Get The Benefits Of Personal Trainin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.