Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,767 members, 7,927,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:19 AM

Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" (36228 Views)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Amanda4life: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
AS, IT IS NO FUTURE IN NIGERIA
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by baratech: 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
ChidiAlaigbo:

Ignorance is bliss.

To those who are ignorant
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Kokaine(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
lymelyte:
go to SA. The closest country to living in the west
they kill Nigerians. I have thought about it before.
I thought of Dubai and Saudi Arabia at some point but their laws don't favour immigrants. They never give citizenship however long the person has stayed there.
Australia too. The citizenship thing is very difficult.
Canada and USA seem to be the only places that favour immigration for we Africans. And the cost and risk is quite high
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2021
Baba God abeg I need japa from this jungle abeg
This country nawa o
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by gbenga9ja(m): 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
I don't know who this Joe Abah is as i have lost touch with every type and kind of politics or politician in Nigeria since i left the country to come to the UK 10 years ago, all i can say is that ''HE IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT'', whoever can afford to come out of the country to live anywhere abroad should fucking do it.

I am the first born out of 11 kids in my family, when i lived in Lagos, Nigeria, every job that i ever got was through my younger sister who was very well connected, i remember carrying my cv about on my own walking the streets of Ikoyi and victoria island handing out my cv to offices, shops, i went to GLO, MTN and ECONET back then to look for jobs, smartly dressed up, i even applied for security jobs all to no avail, all i got was we will get back to you, i only get a job when my younger sister intervenes and tells a client or a friend of hers that her older brother needs a job, i also lived with my sister as well in the same house she rents and pays for, i couldn't pay the rent as i was only earning i think 30 or 40k a month back in 2006 to 2009, so just to contribute and make my sister happy, all i could buy was a little bit of foodstuff into the house and petrol for the generator when i get paid, the rest went on getting transport to and from work, for okada and danfo, i wasn't happy at all especially with the fact that my own small sister was taking care of me, paying the rent, literally doing everything for her older brother rather than vice versa, i was even just lucky to even have a girlfriend back then, lol grin grin cheesy

To cut the long story short, my sister knew i had always wanted to leave Nigeria and go abroad, she knew i wasn't happy with the situation and how i felt about her taking care of me, her big brother, i tried America 2 times, got rejected twice, tried UK 3 times, got rejected twice but the 3rd time, i got my visa ONLY by the GRACE OF GOD, PRAYER and DRY FASTING, also bearing in mind, my younger sister literally gave me all the money i needed, she emptied her bank account just for me to come abroad.

Saddest and loneliest day of my life on that plane, i can remember vividly sobbing silently on Arik airline coming to London in 2010, i arrived Heathrow with only £70 in my pocket, as i didn't know how to get to the shared house my younger sister had paid 3months rent for by train, i decided to take a cab instead, that cost me £40 to get from Heathrow to East London, left only with £30, i got to the house, i was sharing a room with my now very good friend adebayo, Adebayo had only just arrived a week or two before me, i was literally starving and Adebayo went and cooked me some indomie from his own food shopping, i will never forget, we both talk about how we first came in and what we went through and laugh now cheesy

£30 finished the next day as i had to topup a card called an oystercard for a week which allows me to get on buses and trains which you need if you want to get anywhere around in London, let's just say God took control, i got a job as a waiter, my first job ever in London, i have cleaned the whole of Wembley stadium as a cleaner, God has been in control ever since till now, i'm not rich, i'm not wealthy, i still rent and live in a double room here in London that i can afford to pay its rent every month, i don't have a car, i'm not going to come on here and brag about being a Millionaire when i'm not or brag about having all the money in the world when i do not but i'm comfortable, i've got a decent job now, i send money back home to my family and my sister especially now, if you are willing to work, you won't struggle to get a job in London, you don't have to be a rich man's son or from a rich family to be able to get a job, your qualification gets you a job and if you don't know about a job or even have the qualification, they train you for the job, you can be a trainee or an apprentice if you are still a teenager

There is light 24/7, fast wifi broadband internet, food, life is calm and peaceful, rest of mind, everything works, just have it in your mind that you are going to work like a donkey/jackass, i have lost so much weight since i left Nigeria as a lot of the time, i am working, i was never good at eating anyways so i always forget to eat but i'm working on my diet now, lol

All i'm saying is, if you can get out of Nigeria and go anywhere abroad or Europe, get the Bleep out! Life is much easier out here BUT be ready to work!

Let me leave you with this, i've got sickle cell and due to the Coronavirus pandemic, i'm vulnerable, so the UK Government have asked all companies in the UK to let their vulnerable staff work safely from home and if you can't work from home, still stay home and you still get paid as a Government scheme called the Furlough scheme is in place till further notice...... Is the Nigerian Government doing any such thing? Food that was meant to be given out and distributed in Nigeria, Pallatives, was that what it was called? they locked it up in warehouses all for themselves? Greedy bastards!

We need a Revolution and a change in Nigeria, it's a shame cry cry
It's 2021 now people

What we need in Nigeria are Educated young men and women who have spent most of their lives living abroad, seen how things work in diaspora, they are hungry for a change if given the opportunity, they will change Nigeria, we need to get rid of this old bastards who keep being recycled and coming back to embezzle more money and do NOTHING whatsoever for the country

5 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
Kokaine:
I thought of Dubai and Saudi Arabia at some point but their laws don't favour immigrants. They never give citizenship however long the person has stayed there.
Canada and USA seem to be the only places that favour immigration for we Africans. And the cost and risk is quite high
You haven't done your research well. Dubai and Saudi Arabia could be used as a stepping stone to much better countries likewise south Africa. In Nigeria the highest amount you could get as a salary is like 100000 and you need around 14000 USD to get the Canada express entry as a single person. You could get a good job in Dubai depending on your skills which could pay you around 1 million and you could work towards your dream and it's not just USA and Canada that are open to immigrants. A lot of European countries are. A lot of Asian countries are too. Do your research. Their own paths are not advertised but they have their paths.

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Ugosample(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
humilitypays:
It hurts when u look at other races moving forward and the whole black race remained stagnant and even going backward.

Killing fellow blacks like rats cry
I agree with that first long post you made
Seems the mods hid it
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Ugosample(m): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
ChidiAlaigbo:

The people you mentioned have deep dollar pockets overseas. You, you are going there with your nylon bag, unrecognised university degree and Nigerian mentality. If you are older than 30 you are already at a disadvantage. Go if you must! but don’t be shocked if you come back to find that your mates in Naija have gone far in wealth, comfort and achievements more than you.

Go if you must!

But it should be clear to anybody giving birth to children that our only long term option is to build our own country.

African countries have ZERO PATH to development
Especially Nigeria
Too many useless people occupying one place
For many years, I have been an advocate of young people fleeing the country
For most
They tave a better shot at success out here
Than back in Nigeria

With the poverty rate multiplied in Nigeria
Less than 10% will ever have even N3m to their name in their lifetime
So which mate are you talking about that will be v"ahead" of those who left?
Well except they have joined politics or soiled their hands
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Kingspin(m): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!
And to think that this man was a former Government employee,
These are the kind of people still getting employment opportunities in government,
No wonder they loot all monies and invest abroad since they never get to see hope in their fatherland.

If Rwandans and Ghanaians had this same mentality would they be as developed as they currently are?
It is obvious the message was not meant for you. Passsssss.
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Ugosample(m): 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2021
Shugar1:

Out of sucessful wealthy Nigerians show me 8 out of 10 who are not crooks and corrupt individuals. This is not just about Nigeria but entire black race in view. Lastly, sir quit this mentality of me and my family alone. This is the sole reason africa is a shithole.
GBAM!
You have said it all
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by chriscrosss(m): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2021
Oga wat are you even saying..in my old age, if I see opportunity, I will leave this dead country..
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Beautyaddy: 1:10am On Jan 05, 2021
ednut1:
grin Nigeria is now a retirement home ba

Very, very correct.

Nigeria is also where all the retirees that's about to kick the bucket also want to die in.
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by obinoral1179(m): 1:25am On Jan 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Not Everyone has a Destiny outside the Countey.
Not Everyone outside the country is doing great.
Many there are Living on the people home.

Seek the Face of GOD to know where your Package is. Else you travel out and the Hawker at Home is better than you are..
welcome back bro..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by INCREDIBLE007(m): 3:53am On Jan 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

Seek the Face of GOD to know where your Package is. Else you travel out and the Hawker at Home is better than you are..

you spoke my mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Kokaine(m): 5:51am On Jan 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You haven't done your research well. Dubai and Saudi Arabia could be used as a stepping stone to much better countries likewise south Africa. In Nigeria the highest amount you could get as a salary is like 100000 and you need around 14000 USD to get the Canada express entry as a single person. You could get a good job in Dubai depending on your skills which could pay you around 1 million and you could work towards your dream and it's not just USA and Canada that are open to immigrants. A lot of European countries are. A lot of Asian countries are too. Do your research. Their own paths are not advertised but they have their paths.
Thanks
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by arena07: 8:50am On Jan 05, 2021
ChidiAlaigbo:

The people you mentioned have deep dollar pockets overseas. You, you are going there with your nylon bag, unrecognised university degree and Nigerian mentality. If you are older than 30 you are already at a disadvantage. Go if you must! but don’t be shocked if you come back to find that your mates in Naija have gone far in wealth, comfort and achievements more than you.

Go if you must!

But it should be clear to anybody giving birth to children that our only long term option is to build our own country.

what all this gibberish you just spewed out there?it is only on nairaland I always see this foo.lish notion that if you are above 30 don't travel out,so above 30 can't live a better life in abroad?ooh above 30 should die hopelessly in a failed country like Nigeria?
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 05, 2021
xProfx:

Being in government doesn't mean he can't say the truth. The fact that the message is coming from a former govt employee means that he has seen some indicators in the country that shows lack of political will towards building a sustainable and equal society.

Honestly, no one should allow "nationalism" rob him of his youth cos time is of the essence.
Absolutely! He is in the right position to know that there are no future in nigeria for the youths. He know what he is talking bout.
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2021
arena07:
what all this gibberish you just spewed out there?it is only on nairaland I always see this foo.lish notion that if you are above 30 don't travel out,so above 30 can't live a better life in abroad?ooh above 30 should die hopelessly in a failed country like Nigeria?
grin grin grin that is ageism. My uncle who is 60 years old is thinking about leaving nigeria for a better life abroad. Some people thinks migrating abroad is about money, only just to make money. I don't think so.
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2021
ChidiAlaigbo:

Go if you must!

So you think migrating abroad is only about going there to make money? I don't think so. It is about quality of living, security, peace of mind and comfortability. My wealthy uncle migrated to the UK with his families.
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2021
chriscrosss:
Oga wat are you even saying..in my old age, if I see opportunity, I will leave this dead country..
grin grin
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by lymelyte(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2021
Kokaine:
bro, what lead to some Nigerians death in SA is drug war(territorial battle) just like what we have in the US. If you stay in your lane,you have no problem.And the battle are mostly those living in or close to the township(what we know as village in Nigeria) just like what bokoharam is doing to villagers. If you live in the suburbs,city,you have no cause to be afraid.

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by arena07: 10:25am On Jan 05, 2021
gypsey:
grin grin grin that is ageism. My uncle who is 60 years old is thinking about leaving nigeria for a better life abroad. Some people thinks migrating abroad is about money, only just to make money. I don't think so.
Don't mind him,imagine if someone in his 60s is planning to leave this country.He was now advising those in 30s not to leave?It seems we have lots of psychic patients on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2021
arena07:
Don't mind him,imagine if someone in his 60s is planning to leave this country.He was now advising those in 30s not to leave?It seems we have lots of psychic patients on nairaland
my uncle is not poor either, He said he is tired of the insecurity, pollutions, lack of trust in Nigerians, lack of trust in the system, lack of working system, corruptions, intimidations and police brutalities and blackmails. He said he has not slept well in 5 years.
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by arena07: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2021
gypsey:
my uncle is not poor either, He said he is tired of the insecurity, pollutions, lack of trust in Nigerians, lack of trust in the system, lack of working system, corruptions, intimidations and police brutalities and blackmails. He said he has not slept well in 5 years.
Imagine,and someone was advising those in 30s not to leave?
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by obonujoker(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

God bless for this

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by debbleopto: 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
learner007:

It is high time you tamed this desperate urge, of yours, to always read to reply, instead of to read to understand. He said, "if you want to and have the opportunity to do so". Moreso, he didn't say to burn the bridge, he gave an option to come back. To build a CV and career abroad is not by illegal means. Whether your 'holier than thou spirit' has revealed this to you or not is not our concern, but the fact remains that international exposure doesn't hurt so much. You can't count 10 top CEOs and MDs in Nigeria who didn't have an international exposure. Don't ONLY stick to the Bible alone, read other books too. That way you will make more sense, both here and in heaven, and that we are going to heaven doesn't mean we should be foolish and irrelevant on earth. Shalom!

Your name really rhyme with your post. You are really learning

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Blackdisciple(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

That's the truth

97℅ of nigerian youth are now making a plan to relocate

I pity Nigeria as a country

Bros me sef I get that opportunity I go move go foreign land go continue my technical jobs ni
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by johnHerba(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by ChidiAlaigbo: 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ugosample:

African countries have ZERO PATH to development
Especially Nigeria
Too many useless people occupying one place
For many years, I have been an advocate of young people fleeing the country
For most
They tave a better shot at success out here
Than back in Nigeria

With the poverty rate multiplied in Nigeria
Less than 10% will ever have even N3m to their name in their lifetime
So which mate are you talking about that will be v"ahead" of those who left?
Well except they have joined politics or soiled their hands

Ok, so you can just simply go and claim the citizenship of a country your forefathers did not build? You think the indigenous people of that country are trooping to the airports to welcome you?
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by ChidiAlaigbo: 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
BigDawsNet:

That's the truth

97℅ of nigerian youth are now making a plan to relocate

I pity Nigeria as a country

The youths are misguided. Which country on this planet is waiting to be invaded by migrant black youths from Africa?

I pity what they will go through.......
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by BigDawsNet: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
ChidiAlaigbo:

The youths are misguided. Which country on this planet is waiting to be invaded by migrant black youths from Africa?

I pity what they will go through.......

That's if they migrate illegally

Some are leaving with the right docs

Students
PR
Work visa
Marriage

Its not automatic but its now their decision to make best of it...
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Ugosample(m): 12:57am On Jan 13, 2021
ChidiAlaigbo:

Ok, so you can just simply go and claim the citizenship of a country your forefathers did not build? You think the indigenous people of that country are trooping to the airports to welcome you?
So what is this statement supposed to mean cheesy
This is very funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Country Can I Migrate To With ₦2M? / God Saved Me From A Ghastly Motor Accident On The 4th Of March 2022 / Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.