Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,095 members, 7,949,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:48 PM

Is This Epilepsy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is This Epilepsy? (1511 Views)

Commercial Driver Suffers Epilepsy On Wheel, Kills Pedestrian In Kaduna / Is There A Cure For Seizure/epilepsy? / Is Epilepsy A Contagious Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Epilepsy? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
My sister suffered sever convulsion wen she was abt 4yr old, but suvived it. the resident doctor said she might have later side effects. She is now 17yrs old. early last yr my mum noticed that she started having short seizures mostly at night. She is abt to write her WEAC 4rm April 12th, but the degree of seizures have become higher and more frequent, that it is threatning her impending exams. Pls house any idea what her current ailment is? if it is epilepsy; i thot it is generic and does it have any cure? cry
Re: Is This Epilepsy? by obowunmi(m): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2011
Eya bro -- sorry to hear about this but I think that you may be right. Its epilepsy --- there's no cure, for people who normally have this, I think that this is triggered by stress mostly.

Nigeria is a stressful place to live in --- plus all of the environmental pollution! Tell her to take it easy -- I think that there may be homeopathic remedy and such.
Re: Is This Epilepsy? by maakie(f): 1:05pm On Apr 03, 2011
sad Sorry about ur sis. It most probably is! My case is exactly d same; my 1st episode started when i was 16, and have been on d drugs every day upto now (I´m 39yrs), so u can imagine! But pls don´t come to a conclusion without medical diagnostic. An E.E.G (Electroencephalogram) has to be run on her, and d sooner the better, so that d appropriate drugs can be prescribed, to avoid her having attacks at any place & time, so that she does not have a social stigma on her 4 life. Luckily i have just a broken wrist to live with for d rest of my life afta several operations, but others have gone thru worse ( fell into a concrete ditch when i had my attack on d street), & am now on Tegretol, & have taken Epanutin in d past. Let me know how far, and good luck!
Re: Is This Epilepsy? by oxypress: 1:26am On Apr 05, 2011
EPILEPSY or seizures: Explore the benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) for your  sister. Two free sessions available. Offer lasts for  2 weeks. From Port Harcourt, Nigeria:  Call 08033409039.
Re: Is This Epilepsy? by Nekai(f): 4:37am On Apr 05, 2011
Look into the Ketogenic Diet. 2/3 people stop having seizures while on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet
Re: Is This Epilepsy? by reindeer: 12:48am On Apr 06, 2011
Did your sister have a single prolonged convulsion at 4years or did she have repeated seizures then?
It may be what you're thinking, but if she's having seizures only at nights she may just be having Benign Rolandic seizures or juvenile myoclonic seizures which is common around her age now and controlled somewhat by long term drug treatment. Ketogenic diets are not usually first line treatment( most consultants would have tried 2 drugs before trying that) and usually will involve co management with a paediatric dietician in younger folks but at 17 we may just escape without one(i will still advise it though).
It will be good for her to see a neurologist who will take further detailed history and may want an EEG to confirm diagnosis(but EEGs are notoriously unreliable in MAKING a diagnosis).
Epilepsy may not have a cure per se but so many types are responsive to treatment and many do not even require any treatment. It doesn't have to affect her life negatively.
I wish her the very best, but theres no substitute for expert care.
Re: Is This Epilepsy? by Whitelady1(f): 1:29am On Apr 10, 2011
Hello Sleek.
Sorry aboult yoour sister; but thank God, all hope is not lost. Epilepsy, like most ailment, is as a result malfunction / non-function of a part of the system. There are herbal products that corrects the anomally in the system and thus, cures the epilepsy.

please send a mail to izy.williams@yahoo.com and i'll tell you what to use. The epilepsy will be a thing of th past.
Re: Is This Epilepsy? by cornie11: 6:35am On Nov 02, 2014
I am from Canada, I was diagnosed of Epilepsy in 2004 then i was just 17years, the disease is so disgracing and embarassing because atimes i get seizure in public and fall to the ground, I have tried all possible means to get cured from this deadly disease but proved abortive until i saw a post on a health forum about a spell caster who casts herbal healing spells to heal all kind of incurable diseases including Epilepsy, ALS, LUPUS, HIV Aids, Herpes etc, at first i doubted it but decided to give it a try when i contacted him, he helped me cast a herbal healing spell for epilepsy disease and i was totally healed of the deadly disease, contact this powerful healer now for cure to any kind of incurable diseases at azizahealingtemple@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of The 7years Acne That Is Spoiling My Beautiful Face? / A MUST READ: Importance Of Aloe Vera Plant / How Safe Is This Herb Yoruba's Call Agbo ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.