Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,305 members, 7,971,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:24 PM

Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate (21505 Views)

Photos From 2015 NEDG Presidential Debate, GEJ Present, GMB Absent / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Beaf: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2011
efisher: The other candidates have shown that they are not civil enough to respect the ordinary Nigerian. They wanted to bring the nation to disrepute. I thought Ribadu will not tow the same path. I have decided to vote GEJ and mobilize everyone I know to vote GEJ. My 100% support goes for GEJ.

Welcome to the right side, dude. You will notice that all of the smartest (a group you belong in) on NL are GEJ supporters, we are still awaiting the likes of geniusII to do the right thing.

[size=21pt]Fresh Air 2011!![/size]
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2011
Ibime:

A President who cant tell you how much percentage of the budget was implemented is expected to handle your finances and encourage accountability.

Thank God for my red passport sha.  cheesy
Guy u wicked ooo, me i Thank God for my residency card ohhh
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by PapaBrowne(m): 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2011
From  feelers I'm getting, this debate was very well received by Nigerians!! His key selling point; His simplicity is charming!! Nigerians are easily sold out on stuff like this. They feel the man is soo humble. You need to hear what folks are saying in Nigerian Beer parlours right now!!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2011
jmoore:

Goodluck is smart for attending, i admire pat utomi for also attending. as for others that pulled out of the debate they just missed a chance to reach the whole nigeria on a platform that covers the whole nigeria. i was listening on my radio. whatever reason they gave for not attending is to their own disadvantage.
Didnt you hear when Jonathan said he didnt have the luxury to attend the other Debates angry angry
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Adeoladada: 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
Ribadu and Buhari v demonstrated their disrespect for Nigerians and Nigerians have also vowed NEVER to vote for them even for LG elections.

Nigerians? how u take know? guy u funny oooo

GEJ said dat we(nigerian) cant expose our President to any KIND OF DEBATE like NN24,which alot of Nigerians accepted.
I believe with him dat this BON NEDG debate was carried out 2007 where was nn24?
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by EvilBrain1(m): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
Are you still people still watching this nonsense? I abandoned it after the 1st 15 minutes.

I don't know how these guys can insult our intelligence like this. Claiming that they're neutral then organising this sham. These PDP people are clowns. And the people supporting them are the ultimate mugus.

Why oh why did God create so many stup!d people in this country!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by playmode(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2011
When i look at the type of comments that are being made here,it is apparent that a lot of Nigerians have lost it.A nation of retards who are praising Jonathan's terrible performance.I just watched the debate with a group of non Nigerians and they are laughing their bu.tts off at Jonathan's kindergarten performance.

It is obvious that Nigeria can only be saved by a liberation  movement.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2011
When i look at the type of comments that are being made here,it is apparent that a lot of Nigerians have lost it.A nation of retards who are praising Jonathan's terrible performance.I just watched the debate with a group of non Nigerians and they are laughing their bu.tts off at Jonathan's kindergarten performance.

It is obvious that Nigeria can only be saved by a liberation movement.

we are waiting for you and ur ilk to come start it--- your families would be the first to be killed first---idiot
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by texazzpete(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2011
So they asked GEJ about the rot in our tertiary educational institutions and all he could say was that he would build more Hostels. Yet some zombies are celebrating here.

It's true what they say; Nigerians deserve their leaders.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Adeoladada: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
So 2morrow if I say ADEOLA49 DEBATE FOR ALL PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, did u expect your serving president to go? no Nigerians in there right sences will allow that.RIBADU AND OTHERS can go after all they are only important to there parties.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by omanzo02: 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
Beaf:

Welcome to the right side, dude. You will notice that all of the smartest (a group you belong in) on NL are GEJ supporters, we are still awaiting the likes of geniusII to do the right thing.

Dude,

Did u pay these new GEJ sympathisers?, u have been silent all nite cos u know your prediction will reveal itself, right? I think Buhari will ask for his money back from those whom have just seen the new light. grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by playmode(m): 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
babasoty:

we are waiting for you and your ilk to come start it--- your families would be the first to be killed first---

As usual baboons abound here.Learn to construct your sentences properly.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by naijaking1: 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2011
PapaBrowne:

From  feelers I'm getting, this debate was very well received by Nigerians!! His key selling point; His simplicity is charming!! Nigerians are easily sold out on stuff like this. They feel the man is soo humble. You need to hear what folks are saying in Nigerian Beer parlours right now!!

His simplicity, his lack of sophistication, and even his bad accent are qualities that endear him to the average Nigerian. Listening to him reminds you of an uncle somewhere down the line, many Nigerians simply identify with him.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Ibime(m): 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by fizokey(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
As a dual citizen for the first time, i'm looking at my red british passport and my ''BEAUTIFULLY GREEN'' Nigerian passport and i am thanking God and almost in tears for having it! Such a particles- free fresh air! GEJ my president.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by VolvoS60(m): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2011
The “debate” is finally over. Definitely NOT as engaging as the NN24 one. Not by a long shot.

First of all, I must say that the criticism of GEJ’s spoken English is unfair. Apart from the odd error or malapropism, he speaks quite well.  As much as I dislike his administration and the PDP for an awful performance spanning 12 years, I must say he expresses himself well enough and communicates clearly. I cannot fault him on that score, and will not criticize him for being nervous or slightly jittery.

Having got that out of the way, I must state that this ‘debate’ fell far below the standard expected. There’s simply no other way to put it. The truth of the matter is that GEJ is the presidential candidate of the ruling party, which has been in power for the past 12 years. Whether his supporters admit it or not, this debate should have been a report card or score sheet on the performance of the GEJ administration and the PDP.

Which is why the soft, easy, slightly ambiguous questions were such a disgrace. A central theme running through GEJ’s monologue in this ‘debate’ was “we (GEJ and the PDP) will do this and we will do that over the next 2 to 3 to 4 years, - we plan to do ABC,  we intend to do XYZ”, etc.

GEJ  was able to respond in this manner because of the slightly shady way most of the so-called questions were phrased.

My friends at the NEDG, I must tell you: this is simply not good enough. Out of all the candidates, GEJ is the only candidate who can be legitimately asked in a direct fashion: “why have you and your party not done ABC, XYZ in the last 12 years? Why has the PDP failed to deliver on so many fronts, sir? And if you have done so poorly, why should anyone vote you in once again?”

That he was not asked these questions is a big shame. The moderators did not hold him accountable and that is a tragedy.

Well, what’s done is done. It will be showtime in less than 14 days. If in the end, Nigerians vote foolishly because “the man is humble", “he is simple”, “he no get wahala”, “Awusa wan kill am  grin”, etc.  they will have no one but themselves to blame.

You get what you pay for.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by chamber2(m): 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
So they asked GEJ about the rot in our tertiary educational institutions and all he could say was that he would build more Hostels. Yet some zombies are celebrating here.

your suya head won't allow you to understand the question.He was asked question on the state of infrastructure in our universities not the rot in tertiary education.Go and take some iced block
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by londoner: 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2011
Nsiman:

@ londoner, exactly. But gej is the best amongst them

What makes you say that?

His party is surely the worst though, and a vote for him is a vote for another four years of PDP and ALL that comes with it.

Is that the best?
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2011

did u watch the debate from the back of your tv ?
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by omanzo02: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
chamber2:

[b]your suya head won't allow you to understand the question.[/b]He was asked question on the state of infrastructure in our universities not the rot in tertiary education.Go and take some iced block
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
As usual baboons abound here.Learn to construct your sentences properly.

constructed well or not--- i bet u understand what i am saying---- your family would first pay with their lives for your stupid adventures
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by EMANY01(m): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
I stopped by a lowly mama-put on my way home today.i usually wont be caught dead there but the place looked decently clean and while eating caught part of the program on air.it appears Buhari et al squandered the opportunity to sell themselves on the same podium as the man they seek to replace.the people at the buka generally southerners (i think) seemed to be AWED by the  simple demeanour and background presented by GEJ he looked to them like one of them (the son of a neighbour down the street who became president they emphatise with him:if you claim u dont know that feeling then you are in denial) of course its no help to Buhari that his name has been in the political space for too long with no achievement.PDP might just win this election and not have to rig it at all.
Did any one catch the disguised barb thrown at Tinubu with the analogy of choosing the most qualified between his son and that of the canoe carver?

GEJ loomed large on TV to millions of Nigerians and they didn't have to go on DSTV to watch .
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by opalu: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
texazzpete:

BUHARI WAS ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND HE SAID: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE EDUCATION SYSTEM. IT IS CORRUPTION THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ROT IN THE SYSTEM. CURB CORRUPTION AND THE SYSTEM WILL WORK PROPERLY. ALSO FUND THE UBE PROPERLY (Gushhh GEJ photocopied that too)

That is a response I can bank in. Not an 'I will build hostel' kind of anwer
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2011
Beaf:

Thanks.

Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by opalu: 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
PapaBrowne:

From feelers I'm getting, this debate was very well received by Nigerians!! His key selling point; His simplicity is charming!! Nigerians are easily sold out on stuff like this. They feel the man is soo humble. You need to hear what folks are saying in Nigerian Beer parlours right now!!

UNFORTUNATELY MR, ELECTIONS ARE NOT CONDUCTED IN BEER PARLOURS. NEITHER WILL THE WORDS OF DRUNKEN MEN BE USED TO VOTE
SO SPARE ME
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by playmode(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
babasoty:

constructed well or not--- i bet u understand what i am saying---- your family would first pay with their lives for your silly adventures
And i guess your cowardly a.s.s will be there to kill them hey? S.t.u.pid boon!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by playmode(m): 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
Jonathan is just a Scam artist who is playing on the gullibility of Nigerians.A nation that under educates it's populace will always produce a leader of inferior quality.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by fizokey(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Texazzpete or whatever whimp- looser name u call yourself! It's your entire ''cursed'' never-winning- lineage that are blood sucking zombies!! Please try and hide forever from the rest of humanity (including NL) on April 11th when GEJ would be announced the winner. Fake fool.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by opalu: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
naijaking1:

His simplicity, his lack of sophistication, and even his bad accent are qualities that endear him to the average Nigerian. Listening to him reminds you of an uncle somewhere down the line, many Nigerians simply identify with him.
MAY BE THAT WAS WHY HE FILLED THE WHOLE ROOM WITH HIS MINISTERS AND SPECIAL ADVISERS

THANK GOD ODAS DIDNT TURN UP

WHY BRING A COMPLETE MUSIC BAND TO A DEBATE TO PLAY NATIONAL ANTHEM FOR ONE CONTESTANT
ONLY MUMUs IDENTIFY WITH HIS. THIS IS THE SAME MAN WHO CANNOT RESPOND FOR THE HUSNDREDS THAT HAVE DIED SINCE HE BECAME SUBSTATIVE PRESIDENT, YET YOU CLAIM THE COMMON MAN IDENTIFIES WITH HIM.
IF IT IS AKWA-IBOM, HE CAN ORDER ARREST A POLITICAL OPPONENT. yeye
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by chamber2(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2011

Jonathan is just a Scam artist who is playing on the gullibility of Nigerians.

Your frustration is becoming obvious,why don't you have some rest or do you need iced block? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

PHOTO: Buhari And Saraki At Jumat Service / Re-run Election In Kano Journalists Escape Lynching In Kano / APC Women Hold Rally In Ilorin For Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.