Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,942 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:35 AM

35 Years In Office And Counting: Yoweri Museveni Seeks Sixth Term As Ugandans Vo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 35 Years In Office And Counting: Yoweri Museveni Seeks Sixth Term As Ugandans Vo (291 Views)

Total Blackout In Ado-ekiti For Four Days And Counting, / He Called After 5 Years In The US (read) / President Museveni Warns Ugandans ‘the Mouth Is For Eating, Not For Oral S2x’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

35 Years In Office And Counting: Yoweri Museveni Seeks Sixth Term As Ugandans Vo by Worldtopnewsng: 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
35 Years In Office and Counting: Yoweri Museveni Seeks Sixth Term As Ugandans Vote In Election Under Internet Blackout

Ugandans began voting in a tense election Thursday under heavy security and an internet blackout as veteran leader Yoweri Museveni pursues a sixth term against a former pop star half his age.

The internet went down on the eve of the vote, with some parts of the country reporting complete disruptions or significant slowdowns, after one of the most violent campaigns in years.

Museveni is seeking a sixth term in office, having ruled for almost four decades, against singer-turned-MP Bobi Wine, 38, whose popularity among a youthful population has rattled the former rebel leader.

https://worldtopnewsng.com/35-years-in-office-and-counting-yoweri-museveni-seeks-sixth-term-as-ugandans-vote-in-election-under-internet-blackout/
Re: 35 Years In Office And Counting: Yoweri Museveni Seeks Sixth Term As Ugandans Vo by Kingosytex(m): 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
Power thirsty idiot. Who did Africa this thing?

Taylor, Biya, Mubarak, Gbagbo, Gaddafi e.t.c

The idiot should quit for others to take centre stage, na only him dey that country?
Re: 35 Years In Office And Counting: Yoweri Museveni Seeks Sixth Term As Ugandans Vo by meobizy(f): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
When you choose to rule a country for life, then you have to ask yourself, are you really aiming for the benefit of the nation? Mandela did four years and moved on because he saw a future bigger than him which would materialize in the hands of well-meaning leaders. Anyone who stays longer than two terms is afraid of becoming a common man or has done heinous crimes that they're afraid to have uncovered. Fresh minds keep a country going. Regardless of assigning the youngest and brightest of minds, nothing will take place if the person above all is decrepit and stale in thoughts.
Re: 35 Years In Office And Counting: Yoweri Museveni Seeks Sixth Term As Ugandans Vo by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
He has already won this...

The election is just a mere formality. In other words, 'to fulfil all righteousness'.

Now, this is Museveni's mindset: I spent my best years fighting in the bush during the heady days of the Uganda-Tanzania War and the Ugandan Bush War. I risked everything just to get here. Where were they when I put my studies at the university on hold so that I can go to Mozambique and train as a guerilla under FRELIMO? They were all probably still in their diapers. Babies!

I risked and staked all my life fighting against the likes of Idi Amin Dada and Milton Obote- brutal men of their times- and now some young musician from the slums, out of nowhere wants to take power from me? No way. I am not going anywhere. Not while I'm about reaping the dividends of my years of sacrifice and hardwork.

That is Museveni's mindset. Same applies to Afwerki of Eritrea too.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Cryptocurrencies: How To Avoid Being Scammed Amid The Bitcoin Boom / No Verification No Payment / COVID-19: President Buhari, VP Osinbajo Pick Date For Public Vaccination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.