Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Only Power Of God To Save Both Believers And Unbelievers Is The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Only Power Of God To Save Both Believers And Unbelievers Is The Gospel (113 Views)

A Word To Atheists And Unbelievers In Jesus, The Only Way To God / As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? / Paper Clips And A Magnet : Believers And The Rapture - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Only Power Of God To Save Both Believers And Unbelievers Is The Gospel by ochibuogwu5: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
The Gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified is the *only standard for God's judgement both for believers and unbelievers*:

The gospel is the *only power of God to save both for the jews and the gentiles* who believe (Romans 1:16-17) hence those who died without hearing the gospel before Jesus was incarnated *Jesus went to the realm of the dead to preach the gospel to them*
thus
"For Christ [the Messiah Himself] died for sins once for all, the Righteous for the unrighteous (the Just for the unjust, the Innocent for the guilty), that He might bring us to God. In His human body He was put to death, but He was made alive in the spirit,

19 In which He went and preached to the spirits in prison,

20 [The souls of those] who long before in the days of Noah had been disobedient, when God’s patience waited during the building of the ark in which a few [people], actually eight in number, were saved through water." (1 Peter 3:18-20 ampc)

and Jesus confirms it thus
"I am the *only way, truth and life* and no human being(before His incarnation or after His ascension) can get to the Father *except by HIM(through faith in His finished works on the Cross of Calvary)*" (John 14:6)

No one has gone to Heaven except the Son who came from Heaven
thus
"And yet no one has ever gone up to heaven, but there is One Who has come down from heaven—the Son of Man [Himself], Who is (dwells, has His home) in heaven." (John 3:13 ampc)

Hence those who die without hearing the gospel *directly from any human being* will be visited by Jesus in the realm of the dead just like He did for those in 1 Peter 3:18-20 because Jesus is still the same yesterday, today and forever (Heb.13:8 ) and that is not the responsibility of anybody's prayers rather *It is Solely the responsibility of Jesus Christ Crucified*

It is also important to note that *the Holy Spirit is the Head-Personality in preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified and the first personality that performs this role* while human preachers are *number-2 or secondary witness of the gospel*; WHO IS GOD AND REACHES OUT TO EACH HUMAN BEING THAT HE CREATED WITH THIS MESSAGE before He sends other human preachers hence you can be CERTAIN THAT HE WILL NOT OMIT ANY PERSON FROM HEARING THE GOSPEL BEFORE THE LAST JUDGMENT
thus
"But when the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) comes, Whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth Who comes (proceeds) from the Father, *He [Himself] will testify(first witness)* regarding Me.

27 But *you(human preachers) also will testify and be My witnesses*, because you have been with Me from the beginning." (John 16:26-27 ampc)

The most *important task in this world is preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified*, it is the *primary work of the Holy Spirit*, He is taking His time while doing it on each human being and until He completes it then the end of this world will come
thus
"And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end." (Matthew 24:14)

Bearing in mind that it is this same Holy Spirit that created each human being then *it is sure that each human being has heard the gospel from conception* and what the Holy Spirit is doing currently is *to remind(preach the gospel to us individually as a reminder and testimony of what He has already told us at our conception)*
thus
"Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love." (Ephesians 1:4 ampc)

"And it was of His own [free] will that He gave us birth [as sons] by [His] Word of Truth, so that we should be a kind of first-fruits of His creatures [a sample of what He created to be consecrated to Himself]." (James 1:18 ampc)

Hence there is no excuse for anybody to *claim ignorance of the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified*,
There is no excuse to claim *that there is no GOD*,
There is no excuse to *continue in sin*,
There is no excuse for any human being to *reject the gospel and enter into eternal hell-fire*
thus
"If I(Jesus Christ Crucified) had not come and spoken to them(human beings), they would not be guilty of sin [would be blameless]; but now they have no excuse for their sin." (John 15:22)

May the mercy obtained from the throne of God's grace be released into each human being in this generation, so that we may find grace to repent from sin genuinely and collaborate with the gospel of Salvation found only in Christ Jesus Crucified. Amen.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Only Power Of God To Save Both Believers And Unbelievers Is The Gospel by ochibuogwu5: 12:56am On Jan 21, 2021
"And He said, Be on your guard and be careful that you are not led astray; for many will come in My name [appropriating to themselves the name Messiah which belongs to Me], saying, I am He! and, The time is at hand! Do not go out after them.
9 And when you hear of wars and insurrections (disturbances, disorder, and confusion), do not become alarmed and panic-stricken and terrified; for all this must take place first, but the end will not [come] immediately.
10 Then He told them, Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
11 There will be mighty and violent earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences (plagues: malignant and contagious or infectious epidemic diseases which are deadly and devastating); and there will be sights of terror and great signs from heaven.
12 But previous to all this, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, turning you over to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be led away before kings and governors for My name’s sake.
13 This will be a time (an opportunity) for you to bear testimony." (Luke 21:8-13 ampc)

(1) (Reply)

Busy Generation / Today's Devotional-wednesday 3rd February 2021 / Joyce Meyer Devotional February 3 2021 - Let God Strengthen You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.