Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,831 members, 7,945,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Jega Answer These Questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Answer These Questions (486 Views)

Display The Intelligence Of The Politics Section: Answer These Questions. / Jega’s Brother Justice A.A. Jega Who Died In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jega Answer These Questions by nn5ive: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2011
Okay, the National Assembly elections has been postponed by INEC following a meeting with stakeholders including chieftains of the other Parties. With such an understanding among those that should feel aggrieved, that should be cheery news after the swirl of public anger and venom that swept throughout the country ofSaturday.

This notwithstanding, there are unanswered questions over the incident of 2nd April, 2011, which recorded the first ever APRIL FOOLS election in Nigeria. The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has been vilified so much that I have felt pity for the man, knowing how difficult it is to lead in a country like Nigeria. However, he says he takes full responsibility and I wish to take him up on that. That means he needs to answer to all important questions that are yet to be answered over the travesty that occurred on polls day. Without answering these questions, we cannot claim to be out of the woods yet, because it implies that the enemy is still there and would still wreak havoc when push comes to shove.

JEGA claimed that vendors contracted to supply materials failed to meet the Friday 5.30pm deadline given to them, despite that ten airforce jets were on standby to convey all materials to the States. The question for Mr JEGA is this: was it one vendor that was responsible for supplying all the materials? Who is the vendor - Nigerians needs to know this contractor that chose to sabotage a national effort, so that they would be blacklisted. Failure to mention the vendor is questionable. If the vendor failed, why was the materials for the House of Representatives elections complete in virtually all areas except for the Senate that was the bone of contention? Was the materials for the election of Honourables and Senators, printed differently and supplied differently. The attitude of national failures passing by without resignations, sacks or punishments, needs to done away with - its a bad democratic tradition. This was a national crisis of monumental dimension and if JEGA is not to pay, SOMEONE MUST BE MADE TO!
Re: Jega Answer These Questions by iluvnaija: 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2011
MORE QUESTIONS

1. Does it mean JEGA never had a plan B incase there was late arrival of materials before election by making sure materials are brought to this country at least a week b4 hand and keep in the central bank head quarters before distributing to states a day before election?

2. You dont need to print ballot papers outside the country if really you want to conduct free and fair elections in nigeria. If a certain number of registered voters are known in a polling unit and accredited voters is announced before voting and voting is cast and counted at the polling unit immediately. Why wasteful spending?

3. I was watching STV when their correspondent in port harcourt said the inec commisioner said plane was unable to land in port harcourt from holland on friday because of bad weather. I was wondering if the materials where distributed right from holland to all states. Interstingly, JEGA is telling us materials is coming from japan and PH inec commisioner said holland. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS PEOPLE?

4. Why was some materials distributed when they were not complete, will this act not encourage rigging?

(COMMON SENSE NO COMMON)

CONCLUSION
I have always known that this election will never be free and fair because you dont appoint a referee to officiate your own football match.
The INEC chairmanship position should not be by appointment but by election.

JEGA is working in favour of PDP and this election is not going to be different.
TRUST ME! embarassed shocked sad angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

INEC Has Just Made Me Proud To Be A Nigerian! / Inec Chairman Is Confuse / Nigerian: Pattience Is The Root To Democratic Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.