Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,818 members, 7,969,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:11 AM

Who Will Win The Southwest? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Win The Southwest? (8494 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting / Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by sartorius(m): 12:38am On Apr 06, 2011
Oyo state
3 contenders, akala ladoja and ajimobi. Free and fair akala is out of the race. But in oyo.3 zones ibadan ladojas home
Ogbomoso akala igbarapa lam adeshina. Ajimobi and ladoja are both strong in ib which is the most populated. ACcord doesn't ve any structure.its likely ac carries the day. Gej shud marginally win

Osun. Ac are ready to match pdp thug for thug. Naturally pple wud tend to vote ac. Gej

Lagos fahola gej

Ondo Gej
Ekiti not too sure
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by Musiwa13: 8:30am On Apr 06, 2011
lan.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by Musiwa13: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2011
la
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by Musiwa13: 8:54am On Apr 06, 2011
compare that with oil rich delta state university which get about 3 or 4 times oyo state money from nigeria. even fashola never build this in lasu.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by Musiwa13: 9:20am On Apr 06, 2011
thisold.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by ideylaff: 11:43am On Apr 06, 2011
akala will win in oyo, ladoja & ajimobi have only succeeded in dividing the ibadanland votes,BTW, some may not like akala, but his achievements im oyo are unparalled, in comparison 2 previous administration, PDP can also win ondo through jimoh ibrahim, who is now a house-hold name in ondo.

This must be Akala "Coke n Fanta Face" himself on NL, surely, the fella cannot even plant a flower not to talk of achieving something

Tell us are you Akinjide or Akala, cos those are the 2 people who see him fit to be reelected right now
cheesy
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by ak47mann(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
Musiwa,:

this is some of the building in osun state university built by oyinlola, the problem is why they re teaching jonathan lesson is because jonathan refuse to appoint a yoruba man as vice president , why he pick the vice president from an area which would never vote for him. yorubas are not waiting. so jonathan think the yoruba people are mumu. he can not get 5% vote in fulani/hausa land. so why do you think we would wait for his silly mistake. his mistake is what is given problem.

and another issue is the satellie pictures, Yorubas do not believe jonathan will bring justice to them.

this are young university , even osun state is less than 5 years old.
[

/quote] so cus he didn't appoint a Yoruba person as vice president Yoruba's will not vote for him grin grin o boy Nigeria is not meant for only Yoruba's why talk from Ur ars- hole sad sad sad
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by JimmyBoy1: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yes, the poster is quite correct except for the fact that Southh West will vote overwhemingly for ACN at all levels except for Presidency, where the Buhari camp seems to be claiming territories on daily basis. The reason is not far fetched, we do not think Ribadu is matured enough to be the president, in fact I believe is VP, Fola Adola has a stronger personality.

However, the poster's Map shows something, That PDP can never win the presidency election in a free and fair election, as CPC controls areas where there higher numbers of Registered Voters.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by twinstaiye(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
Southwest should awake and think, he wont do more than what he does before, see the man he is when he was in PTDF.
http://picturepush.com/public/5398145
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2011
wouldn't Shekarau win his own state at least? Kano, that is. . .
the map is very unrealistic. I don't believe Imo or Anambra would vote in favor of GEJ either.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by JimmyBoy1: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2011
While I do not believe that voting along ethnic lines will solve the problems of the country, but there is need to put the ethnic issue in proper  perspective as many voters seem to seeing the elections through ethnic prism.

All parties are observing zoning principles in fielding their candidates, wether it is written in their consitution or not. I also want everybody to note that the Ndigbo Leadership do not exactly see Jonathan's tenure as ndigbo's tenure, unfortunately other regions will credit his tenure to to the South-east block.

Therefore it is a strategic blunder for ndigbo to vote in Jonathan as it will futher push the period of a genuine Ndigbo presidency farther into the future. I am sure Ndigbo genuine leaders do not want this.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by fxtopedia(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
I don't care about all these statitics. BB all the way, even in SOUTH WEST.PERIOD
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by everesting: 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2011
PDP can only try to win in ogun the other state in the south west will be won by ACN and CPC

OGUN- ACN PDP 50-50
OYO- ACN CPC50-50
LAGOS CPC ACN 30-70
EKITI- ACN CPC PDP 50-35 15
OSUN- ACN CPC PDP 45-40-15
ONDO- CPC ACN PDP 55-35-10

so ACN will win and CPC will second
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by aribisala0(m): 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
recoome:

In lagos, the population is diverse, the igbos constitute 43% of the voters alone, this will work in favour of GEJ who has always shown alignment 2 the igbos who are his in-laws as patience, his wife is an igbo, hence they have decided 2 give him the 'ndi-ogo'(our in-law) advantage, in terms of d general populace, the sentiments are humility & poor background, most believe he should be given a chance, as for ribadu, many believe that he can never make it 2 asorock, but the muscles of tinubu could do some magic 4 ribadu, also his running mate is 4rm the SW, so he'll definately pull something in, as for buhari, he'll get d votes of the few northerners in lagos, but i doubt that'll amount 2 anything tangible as many of them are beggers who are outside the electioneering system, as for lagos, i think GEJ wld win, closely followed by ribadu, buhari wld nt have a good outing in lagos.
i detect a slight error igbos are 96 % in lagos
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2011
^ ^ ^ lmaoooo
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by niniman(m): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
Pdp will win osun with at least 60% votes in presidential election and at least 2 of the 3 senatorial seats.people do forget that ACN is rulling osun cos a court canceled the election in a whole senatorial zone.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by efeosazee: 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
Its so shocking that Edo was totally given to GEJ, no doubt is a good man but using a wrong platform from an Edolite point view,  Edo people hate PDP, so he really stand no chance.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by akinkunmi2: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
I'm quite optimistic that ACN will win in most of the states in the southwest if the election is free and fair.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by OmoTier1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
efe_osazee:

Its so shocking that Edo was totally given to GEJ, no doubt is a good man but using a wrong platform from an Edolite point view, Edo people hate PDP, so he really stand no chance.

Thank you for pointing this out to those blind GEJ supporters! EDO is ACN and with the composition of EDO, EDO NORTH will most likely vote CPC, hence the reason Buhari went straight to Auchi after his town hall meting in Benin.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by OmoTier1(m): 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2011
I was shocked at the level of support for Buhari at the polls last saturday! I thought most people in the South-South were for GEJ but in the Polling unit I registered, quite a substantial number were for Buhari!

SERIOUSLY, WITH A GOVERNMENT THAT FAILED TO FULLY IMPLEMENT THE NEW MINIMUM WAGE, IS THAT NOT ENOUGH TO SEND THAT GOVERNMENT PACKING? 6-MONTHS, JONATHAN HAS BEEN PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK WITH THE COUNTRY ON THE NEW MINIMUM WAGE AND HE COULD NOT STAND IT UP TO THE GOVERNORS WHO ARE HELL BENT ON NOT PAYING THE NEW MINIMUM WAGE!

'M SRRY THIS GEJ IS UNFIT FOR THE PRESIDENCY!, GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by efisher(m): 3:03pm On Apr 06, 2011
To those talking about Edo State;

There are some facts you cannot argue and it will do you a lot of good to carefully avoid them if those facts don't favor you. Edo state voters will massively vote GEJ. Just leave that matter and focus on other things. The delusion will not help matters. Same way we all know Buhari will get majority of NW votes. You only make the fall greater when you raise hopes too high. Fantasize with caution and face the issue at hand: Who Will Win The Southwest?
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by ziccoit: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
I'm almost 100% sure that in Osun state
ACN=70%
PDP=14%
CPC=12%
OTHERS=4%

Before the botched NASS elections, in my pooling unit out of 366 registered voters only 244 were accredited which gave a shortfall of 122 nonvoting population and gives 33%. In the last (1999, 2003 & 2007) elections, PDP would surely supply the deficits en block via rigging.

For presidential elections alone PDP is loosing all SW states except for OGUN which I can't really say where the pendulum is swinging to. The reason being that all opposition strengths will be directed towards voting PDP out if and only if the election is free and fair.

Bad Political godfathers', such as OBJ's, influences would play a minimal role this time around. But a Good Political godfatherism will pay off. Now how many Good Political godfathers do we have in Nigeria?
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by EvilBrain1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2011
I don't understand why people think PDP will win in Ogun. Obasanjo lost in his ward in 1999; and in 2003, the PDP rigging there was so blatant that the Supreme Court had to cancel the results. Trust me, nobody hates Obasanjo more than the people of Ogun state.

If these elections are free and fair, then the PDP is going to lose hard in the SW. Their useless governors and their history of vote-rigging has totally destroyed their credibility. The only question is whether its going to be Buhari or Ribadu that benefits. I'm thinking Buhari. Most people don't think Ribadu has any chance of winning anymore. Plus Bakare has been surprisingly popular with the people there.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by Pataki: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
I am from Ogun State and I can categorically say PDP will NOT win Ogun State.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by efeosazee: 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
efisher:

To those talking about Edo State;

There are some facts you cannot argue and it will do you a lot of good to carefully avoid them if those facts don't favor you. Edo state voters will massively vote GEJ. Just leave that matter and focus on other things. The delusion will not help matters. Same way we all know Buhari will get majority of NW votes. You only make the fall greater when you raise hopes too high. Fantasize with caution and face the issue at hand: Who Will Win The Southwest?

It will be nice if you point out the those facts that u think are obvious that will give PDP a vote, how well do u know Edo politics and beside the clear fact that PDP has failed over years GEJ is not an exception.

NB: the map affiliated Edo wrongly so its only proper to correct wrong impression.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by seanet02: 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
Pataki:

I am from Ogun State and I can categorically say PDP will NOT win Ogun State.

This Saturday, Ise ya ise ya omo Ogun ise ya. Let us Sweep PDP into the Canal in Ogun.
ACN all the way!!
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by efisher(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2011
efe_osazee:

It will be nice if you point out the those facts that u think are obvious that will give PDP a vote, how well do u know Edo politics and beside the clear fact that PDP has failed over years GEJ is not an exception.

NB: the map affiliated Edo wrongly so its only proper to correct wrong impression.

As I said, let's face the SW matter. Edo state is a done deal. Even Oshiomhole would have voted GEJ if not for party affiliations.
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by efeosazee: 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
efisher:

As I said, let's face the SW matter. Edo state is a done deal. Even Oshiomhole would have voted GEJ if not for party affiliations.

Well, lets see, its not so far away anymore. the signs will show from saturday
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by seanet02: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
PDP will swept into the CANAL!!
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by seanet02: 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2011
everesting:

PDP can only try to win in ogun the other state in the south west  will be won by ACN and CPC

OGUN- ACN PDP 50-50
OYO- ACN CPC50-50
LAGOS CPC ACN 30-70
EKITI- ACN  CPC PDP 50-35 15
OSUN- ACN CPC PDP 45-40-15
ONDO- CPC ACN PDP 55-35-10

so ACN will win and CPC will second

Edited fir the Good of the masses!!
Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by omoalaro: 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2011
This is my estimation of voting pattern as of today. I will vote for BB but i will like to see a situation where the opposition will come together before the polls to rescue this country from sure collapse. Together, we must willfully choose a new course for Nigeria. The time is now.

Re: Who Will Win The Southwest? by efisher(m): 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
^ Even with a very pessimistic estimate, you have shown that PDP still has the election. Secondly, the challenge with an official presidential alliance is the fact that it will reduce the chances of any party that steps down at the governorship election. That is why the election was scheduled that way. They were smart enough to put the presidential election in between.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest States In Nigeria / A Peek Into Ipob "Supreme" Leader's Intellectual Exploits. / Asset Declaration: Supreme Court Decides Saraki’s Fate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.