Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,558 members, 7,951,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim (33519 Views)

Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim / Yahaya Bello's Supporters Deny VP Slot, Says Opponents Afraid of His Rising Name / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 31, 2021
justosee:

You can't tell by their monarch dress code. powerful kingdom like Benin use to appoint Kings for minorities back then.
Actually the monarchs are the costudians of the culture of the people, so you can absolutely tell by the traditions of the kings. And yes the Anioma are Edo.
(Obi of Agbor below)

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 31, 2021
Yet, these are the same people who change their state of origin to get jobs in the south south.

I don't blame them. It's the idiotic south south people I blame for allowing these ipob touts cross over the bridge to buy their lands and take their jobs.

Mumus.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2021
dowap:

The picture of the Obi of Agbor and the claims of the different Anioma Obi's and their dress codes and traditions contradict your self serving claim.
They are all Edos.
I am not an uninformed kid like you. I have access to written history of some communities in Delta.

There are communities here that majority of them migrated from other African countries.

there is a community here in Delta where the kingship family is not even from Nigeria. how they became King is a mystery I will not share with you.

a monarch of an igbo speaking community once told me his ancestors are isoko speaking people. he told me his family history and he happened to share same family with my grandma.

Nigeria history is complicated.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 31, 2021
dowap:

Actually the monarchs are the costudians of the culture of the people, so you can absolutely tell by the traditions of the kings. And yes the Anioma are Edo.
(Obi of Agbor below)
I won't waste my time arguing with a kid.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Deadlytruth(m): 11:46am On Jan 31, 2021
dowap:

Yea, you stop and observe like Christopher Columbus, you are essentially an explorer, right ?
Look, stop making silly claims.
Don't mind him. I am shocked that a Yoruba person exists who has never read it in any book that Awolowo, the father of Yoruba irridentism, did a comprehensive ethnographic survey of Akoko-Edo area and concluded that the people are not Yorubas in any way neither does the Akoko tag in their name connote Yorubanness hence never targeted them in his Yoruba irredentism. Anyway Obasanjo a Yoruba man whose main desire was to rubbish Awolowo's legacies by banning History in our schools is a native of the Abeokuta which this Yoruba guy hails from hence I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 31, 2021
justosee:

I am not an uninformed kid like you. I have access to written history of some communities in Delta.
Actually you are so "uninformed" that you don't know what the word history stands for

justosee:

There are communities here that majority of them migrated from other African countries
Actually not just African countries [Brazil (Yoruba) and Syria as well and many other places, it was even recorded by the colonial regime]
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2021
justosee:

there is a community here in Delta where the kingship family is not even from Nigeria. how they became King is a mystery I will not share with you.
this right here is complete rubbish, just a figment of your imagination

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 31, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Don't mind him. I am shocked that a Yoruba person exists who has never read it in any book that Awolowo, the father of Yoruba irridentism, did a comprehensive ethnographic survey of Akoko-Edo area and concluded that the people are not Yorubas in any way neither does the Akoko tag in their name connote Yorubanness hence never targeted them in his Yoruba irredentism. Anyway Obasanjo a Yoruba man whose main desire was to rubbish Awolowo's legacies by banning History in our schools is a native of the Abeokuta which this Yoruba guy hails from hence I am not surprised.
Abeokuta itself was established by runaway slaves in 1830, you see how slaves have been trying to rewrite history ...Obasanjo carries the stigma of descending from slaves, which is why he wanted to destroy history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 31, 2021
justosee:

a monarch of an igbo speaking community once told me ...
complete rubbish, no monarch once told you anything: anecdotal comments are not reasonable arguments, because there is no proof that they happened, no proof that you are telling the truth

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 31, 2021
dowap:
complete rubbish, no monarch once told you anything: anecdotal comments are not reasonable arguments, because there is no proof that they happened, no proof that you are telling the truth
I am done with you.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hmmmmmm,

Ancestral dress code of the Obis = dress code of the Oba of Benin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
privaldo:
undecided Age is really telling on Pius Anyim, no wonder he doesn't think properly.

Igbos should learn to stop referring to those Igbos outside the SE like people from other tribes. An Igbo man is an Igbo man, whether he's from Etche in Rivers, Anioma in Delta, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, or Gabon, it dosn't change the fact he's an Igbo man. Boundaries shouldn't define ones Igbo affinity.

Ohaneze Ndi Igbo should have been at the forefront of correcting this error but, it seems they are also among those fuelling it for their political gains.

A Jew will first identify as a Jew before referring to any other nationality, so the same should imply for Ndi Igbos. AN IGBO MAN IS AN IGBO MAN.

In my opinion, I don't even think fighting for the Presidency is worth it, we should be talking about developing Ala Igbo to be a world class economy and not falling for this political scheme by these politicians, who are doing this for their benefit. A world class economy would allow us have massive leverage, which in turn would allow us dictate the flow of the tide.

This is not about the tribe, but the region. Truth is when a Yoruba man from Kwara or Kogi is selected his slot is not seen as the slot for south west but for north Central so why would the igbos in delta have their slots included in the slots for south east? If any igbo from delta is chosen the slot is for south south and not for south east.

The issue is that as usual people will maliciously spin this as the igbo in the south east denouncing the igbo in the south south and other areas.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by 9japride(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Deadlytruth:

So by stopping by and observing for just some few minutes you were able to decipher their actual culture and origin? If you stop by in Jos and observe the people for few hours you are bound to conclude that they are Hausafulanis. But does that actually make them so?
[color=#006600][/color]

I have lived within the Niger delta states majority parts of my life and I know much about Edo state. The percentage of Yoruba there might not be much. If I may ask are you from Edo state? I hope to hear from someone from Edo state make clarification on this matter without being biased.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by 9japride(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2021

Yea, you stop and observe like Christopher Columbus, you are essentially an explorer, right ?
Look, stop making silly claims.
[color=#006600][/color]

Are you from Edo state? I have lived close to that state and I know to some extent about them.
Same way some mischievous elements even from Edo state will say there are no Ijaw speaking tribes there. I just used that phrase of traveling by to make a statement. I am still looking for any who has direct information on the Yoruba speaking people of Akoko Edo to clarify this matter.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
obynzo:

This is not about the tribe, but the region. Truth is when a Yoruba man from Kwara or Kogi is selected his slot is not seen as the slot for south west but for north Central so why would the igbos in delta have their slots included in the slots for south east? If any igbo from delta is chosen the slot is for south south and not for south east.

The issue is that as usual people will maliciously spin this as the igbo in the south east denouncing the igbo in the south south and other areas.

Nwanne, my issue he would have said SE and SS instead of implying Igbos, and causing further division between the SE and SS Igbos.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by jerosman2: 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

I think you need to read more books to know who you really are.

Mr teacher
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by bigfish3k: 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
justosee:

How can you prove that the language they are speaking came from you? you call yours igbo but they have different name for theirs. some call themselves Anioma, Ukwuani, Ndokwa etc.
Anioma, ukwuani, ndokwa, Mbaise, owerri, umuahia, Ikwerre, Etche are all igbo names for igbo variants. They have the same Igbo alphabets in learning and they all use the same Igbo Bible. Have you ever heard ukwuani Bible or Ikwerre Bible. We all use the same Igbo Bible. We know the truth but we just want to be crafty in trying to oppress the truth

You are the one that said that they came from Benin with Benin language and names.
Therefore they are the ones that changed their inferior Benin language to superior igbo language, Igbo names, Igbo foods, Igbo looks, Igbo culture,Igbo intonations, Igbo market days and Igbo village names to igbo sounds.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
bigfish3k:

Anioma, ukwuani, ndokwa, Mbaise, owerri, umuahia, Ikwerre, Etche are all igbo names for igbo variants. They have the same Igbo alphabets in learning and they all use the same Igbo Bible. Have you ever heard ukwuani Bible or Ikwerre Bible. We all use the same Igbo Bible. We know the truth but we just want to be crafty in trying to oppress the truth

You are the one that said that they came from Benin with Benin language and names.
Therefore they are the ones that changed their inferior Benin language to superior igbo language, Igbo names, Igbo foods, Igbo looks, Igbo culture,Igbo intonations, Igbo market days and Igbo village names to igbo sounds.
I am not the one that said they came from Benin. most of these communities have their history written down.

How are you sure they are not the first to speak what you call the Igbo language? you call it Igbo but they call it something different. there is a community here in Delta that call what they speak "aboh", some call it ukwuani etc.

there is no way you can prove they stole from you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by bigfish3k: 4:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
justosee:

I am not the one that said they came from Benin. most of these communities have their history written down.

How are you sure they are not the first to speak what you call the Igbo language? you call it Igbo but they call it something different. there is a community here in Delta that call what they speak "aboh", some call it ukwuani etc.

there is no way you can prove they stole from you.
It is common logic that if they came from Benin they should be Benin in every thing including intonations, food and looks.
How can we steal from them when it's our scholars that developed the language into alphabets and writings.
The Igbo Bible is written in owerri igbo which is acceptable by all including them.

There is no logical sequence on their side to suggest we stole the language from them.

If we stole from them at their arrival, then which language were we speaking before then.

At least I know that according to you they were speaking Benin before they changed to igbo in every thing
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Chinablack: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Rugaria:

2 things that are fatally wrong with your submission above:

1) Igbos in the south east are not the ones pushing away Igbos from other areas! On the contrary, Igbos from other areas, especially the fulani invented "south south" are the ones fiercely clamouring for a separate identity! The only time you see Igbos from the south south speak up about how they're being pushed away from their so-called Igbo heritage is during times like this..This forum is littered with so many examples of this! We have threads here where for many pages, it was a tug of war as some BROTHERS from mainly Rivers State and Delta State unleashed all sorts of diatribes on the igbo, simply because in the heat of the political persecution going on against the igboman at the moment, it looks convenient for folks to claim a new identity! That in my opinion is evil and should be condemned! Essentially, your advice should go to the Igbos in other regions to man up, actively identify with their kind in the hinterlands and boldily move forward to possess their possessions!

2) You also get it wrong when you talk of creating a "world class igbo economy" within Nigeria, without the Igbos not being interested in the leadership positions/decisions in Nigeria. That can't work my brother! Folks easily forget that politics come first before the economics. You can't get the right economic policies you need to create a versatile economy, if your traducer is in charge of making political decisions over your head on a daily basis! To even create an export oriented economy for instance, you need to get the macro/micro economic policies right! The CBN for instance, needs to get the fiscal and monetary policies right! Otherwise the final prices of your goods will struggle against the prices of similar goods from other competing economies.. That's just one single consequence of having the CBN governor making policies that run contrary to your interest! Who appoints the CBN governor? It's the president! So how can you create an economy that's competitive enough, if you have a hate filled president appointing officers who will make policies that will kill your initiatives?

High exchange rate means costly prices for raw materials to be imported. It means costly imported machinery since we import most, it means highly costly remuneration policies for foreign expats who might be needed to help with setting up some manufacturing processes.., the list is endless. . We haven't even gone to policies related to setting up the basic infastructures needed to fast track the course of rapid industrialization such as power projects, rail ways, gas distribution, roads, ports, soft loans to SMEs etc... You need to have the right policies at the center to make this happen! Look at how Obasanjo turned Ottah into a manufacturing hub with the gas line biuld up.., look at how Buhari is doing the same in Kaduna. How can any eastern city compete with those cities if policy makers deliberately starved the eastern cities of such foundamental structural investments?
you have told us how an igbo president will implement sound economic policies that will benefit and lift igbos out of the woods without telling us what will become of these sound economic policies centered around him when he leaves office in 4 to 8 years time
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by AntiIgbo: 5:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=Greenback post=98596121]

Deeply concerned self appointed mallam minister of Igbo affairs. grin

Your retrogressive north is now home to banduts but magana Igbo is more important...gambia[/quote
How far your republic? grin
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
bigfish3k:

It is common logic that if they came from Benin they should be Benin in every thing including intonations, food and looks.
How can we steal from them when it's our scholars that developed the language into alphabets and writings.
The Igbo Bible is written in owerri igbo which is acceptable by all including them.

There is no logical sequence on their side to suggest we stole the language from them.

If we stole from them at their arrival, then which language were we speaking before then.

At least I know that according to you they were speaking Benin before they changed to igbo in every thing

so you took the Igbo language from Israel?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
privaldo:

Nwanne, my issue he would have said SE and SS instead of implying Igbos, and causing further division between the SE and SS Igbos.

Nwanne it is possible that he was misquoted by the media too. These days the kind of journalism we have leaves much to be desired.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 12:34am On Feb 01, 2021
obynzo:

Nwanne it is possible that he was misquoted by the media too. These days the kind of journalism we have leaves much to be desired.

Very true Nwanne, the media can change it to suit them.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by blamingthedevil: 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Verysmart101:

My friend stop saying nonsense here.Why didnt asaba support biafra during d civil war rather they supported Nigeria but still Murtala Mohammed dealth with them
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
Deadlytruth:

The IBOs are racists and propaganda masters. They are the greatest liars. I pity them because I know them very well having spent 6 years in a Federal University in that zone. So, a foolish man like you can write rubbish. In which of the books was it written that Akoko Edo people separated from Yorubas. The Akoko people in Ondo State and the ones in Edo up to Itsekiri people are part of the Yoruba people and are fully represented in Awolowo camp till death.

Most of the the things written here are open falsehood just to deny Delta Ibo the slot of IBO .
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by sharone21(f): 4:01am On Feb 02, 2021

(Obi of Agbor below)

Oga you're right. Who is still arguing with you? Imagine a 'non- native' explaining the origin of another he knows little about. We are not ( ANIOMA) confused about our Benin origin. Originally, an ANIOMA man was a BENIN MAN.

These ones always trying to explain our origin to us are themselves confused as to whether they are from Israel, NRI or sharing blood ties with Igala people. The South South( Niger Delta) sees the South East as brothers and we don't in anyway want to take their slot under any guise. I personally pray a sensible Igbo man will take over in 2023, God willing. (Besides, we don't BEHAVE like the Igbos, when we see them we know them.) Period

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by mikolo80: 5:29am On Feb 02, 2021
MightySparrow:

Matthew Obasanjo
o ok
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by orisa37: 7:39am On Feb 02, 2021
AYIM NO MORE SLOT FOR THE SE
OBJ HAS USED TOO MUCH OF SE SLOT. OBJ IS IGWE ONE OF EBONYIN AND ALL OF SE.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by orisa37: 7:40am On Feb 02, 2021
AYIM NO MORE SLOT FOR THE SE
OBJ HAS USED ALL OF SE SLOT. OBJ IS IGWE ONE OF EBONYIN AND ALL OF SE.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by orisa37: 7:50am On Feb 02, 2021
SENATOR AYIM WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WE ARE TALKING OF RESTRUCTURING BEFORE 2023 SO I CAN VOTE FOR YOU FOR LIFE PRESIDENCY. BUT HERE YOU'RE SCHEMING FOR SLOT
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by EagleNest(m): 8:16am On Feb 02, 2021
For me, "Igbos are Igbos"...from Ikwo(Ebonyi) to Idah(Benue) to Agbor(Delta) to Etche(Rivers) and a tiny part of Cross River and AkwaIBOM, they all have common ancestry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Declared-Wanted Terrorist Captured In Adamawa / Photos Update On Kano 2km Sabongari Flyover / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.