Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,859 members, 7,972,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:52 AM

My News Trading Journal. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My News Trading Journal. (741 Views)

Fundamental Trading (news Trading) / News Trading Ea / News Trading Ea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My News Trading Journal. by nwcfinance(m): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2011
Tuesday April 5, 2011

At 4:28 am EDT the UK will relese Services PMI. This one still has an effect so I will plan to set up on GBPUSD with a trigger of 2.0 Expected at 52.5 after a prior reading of 52.6

At 10:00 am EDT the US will relese ISM Non Manufacturing PMI. I will set up on USDJPY with a trigger of 2.5. Expected at 59.8 after a prior reading of 59.7. A deviation of 2.2 in February pushed the one minute bar 19 pips with limited continuation to 25 pips after four minutes, followed by a sell off over the next 1/2 hour below pre-relese price.

Services PMI

At 9:28AM NGN Time today the UK released Services PMI. I made $445.71USD from it.

See screen shot for result.

Re: My News Trading Journal. by nwcfinance(m): 9:49am On Apr 06, 2011
At 9:00AM NGN Time the UK will release Industrial Production. Not a big mover. I will set up on GBPUSD with a trigger of .8. After yesterday's Services PMI, you may want to consider trading this in the same direction (long), but if price is overbought at news time, you may want to re-think the whole strategy. Expected at .4 after a prior .5. I may not be in the room for this one, but will verify all settings in advance.

At 3:00PM NGN Time Canada will release Ivey PMI. When this comes out on NFP day, we usually skip it but as a stand alone, it can move well. I will set up on USDCAD with a trigger of 6. Expected at 65.1 after a prior reading of 69.3

Here is the outcome of Industrial Production - No Trigger.

See the screen shot.

Re: My News Trading Journal. by nwcfinance(m): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2011
07/04/2011

At 12:00PM the UK will release their interest rate decision. They are expected to hold at .50% I will set up on GBPUSD with a trigger of .25% I will also set up for the Asset Purchase Facility with a trigger of $25 Billion Pounds.

At 12:45 the ECB will release their interest rate decision. They are expected to increase from 1% to 1.25% I will set up on EURUSD with a trigger of .25 such that if they increase by .50 it will trigger a buy and if they hold at 1% it will trigger a sell. The news conference will be at 8:30 EDT which should provide more volatility.

I will share the outcome with screen shot after the news release.

===================================================================================
Want to learn how to trade the news? Contact me on 08060951115
Re: My News Trading Journal. by nwcfinance(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2011
At 12:00PM the UK will release their interest rate decision. They are expected to hold at .50% I will set up on GBPUSD with a trigger of .25% I will also set up for the Asset Purchase Facility with a trigger of $25 Billion Pounds.

No Trigger.

Waiting for 12:45PM.

Re: My News Trading Journal. by nwcfinance(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2011
At 12:45 the ECB will release their interest rate decision. They are expected to increase from 1% to 1.25% I will set up on EURUSD with a trigger of .25 such that if they increase by .50 it will trigger a buy and if they hold at 1% it will trigger a sell. The news conference will be at 8:30 EDT which should provide more volatility.

Outcome: Didn't trigger. Waiting for tomorrow news.

Re: My News Trading Journal. by nwcfinance(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2011
08/04/2011

At 12:00PM NG Time Canada will release Employment Change and Unemployment Rate. The Change is expected at 28K after a previous reading of 15K. The rate is expected to fall from 7.8 to 7.7. Our focus will be on the Change.I will set up on USDCAD with a trigger of 15K.

Will update you with screen shot.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Buy 20ft Or 40ft Containers? / Idea And Finance Which Should Have More Of The Sharing Ratio In Business / What Is The Process Of Buying Cement From The Factory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.