Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,179 members, 7,973,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:23 PM

Nigeria Needs Total Reformation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Total Reformation (488 Views)

Nigeria Needs $700 Million To Upgrade Refineries – Kachikwu / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Nigeria Needs Total Restructuring To Achieve Economic Growth - Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs Total Reformation by mictochy(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2011
We run an economy today that is based on budgeting. But, to a large extent, our culture does not encourage budgeting. In advanced economies that we are copying, if one lives on a monthly salary, it is difficult to expect one to share with members of one’s family, outside those in one’s nuclear family. In some instances, as one’s children attain the age of 18, parents would ask them to move out to get a council flat to live on their own.

There is nothing like: “Sorry, I was passing by and remembered my relation lives here and I said I should stop by to greet him”, and perhaps, expect that in appreciation of the courtesy, one would reach into one’s pockets to accommodate the unexpected visitor. From which budget is that going to come from?

(1) (Reply)

Inec To Postpone Election Again / You Know, Either Candidate Isn't That Bad / Police Rescue Kidnapped Legislator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.