Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,121 members, 7,883,904 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

His Mother In-law Slaps Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Mother In-law Slaps Him (2372 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2011
Wonders they say would never end, I have this neighbor who married from a very wealthy family, the guy no doubt is very fine, but his wife is just there, not really fine. The guy works in a fast growing pharmaceutical firm and also owns a Barbing salon in other to ensure that money is not just coming from one source. They ain't got no kid yet, but the guy younger brother stays with them. The gurl mother came visiting one particular weekend, and around 6:30pm on Sunday precisely 6th of March this year, i was passing in front of their house and i heard her (mother in-law) shouting, as the young guy was about talking, there was a dirty maaad slap that stopped him. I was dead shocked because the guy is in his mid 30s. He received it without saying a word which made me think it wasn't the 1st time such would be happening.

Guyz if it were you what would you do? Plus only God knows what the guy must have done to warrant such slap.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2011
Mine your business haba.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by kolaoloye(m): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2011
rokiatu:

Mine your business haba.
grin  grin  grin baaaad babe grin
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by kolaoloye(m): 4:33pm On Apr 05, 2011
^ I hope you don't intend to slap your son in law in the nearest future. cheesy
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
Of course i minded my business, but the Question is that if you are the one that got slapped by your mother in-law, what are you gonna do?
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
kola oloye:

^ I hope you don't intend to slap your son in law in the nearest future. cheesy
LOL no.

whatsup wink
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
Ijogz K:

Of course i minded my business, but the Question is that if you are the one that got slapped by your mother in-law, what are you gonna do?
Slap my husband.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by kolaoloye(m): 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2011
^ I dey,no shaking  grin
Ijogz K:

The daughter has to follow her Mama - period.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2011
rokiatu:

Slap my husband.
Looooooooool slap ur husband grin grin grin
But am sure Nairalanders would av a different Opinion
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Tosinville(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2011
lol
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Thirst4Lif: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2011
There's nothing you should do. It wasn't your home.

Perhaps the man was disrespectful and deserved to

be slapped. Ever think of that? The man being rich

does not insure he's a good guy.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Ndipe(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

There's nothing you should do. It wasn't your home.

Perhaps the man was disrespectful and deserved to

be slapped
. Ever think of that? The man being rich

does not insure he's a good guy.

Being slapped as an adult is one thing, being slapped in your own house by a visitor is an INSULT!
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Blazay(m): 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2011
Hmmm.
Real taboo.
I bet he will never forgive and forget the insult.
Some mothers-in-law sha. undecided

Obviously one of those women who does not mean well for her daughter and her marriage. Nigeria is full of them.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by francisj(m): 8:46am On Apr 06, 2011
Ndipe:

Being slapped as an adult is one thing, being slapped in your own house by a visitor is an INSULT!
na wa ooooohhh
no b small thing ohh
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 06, 2011
If my mother-in-law slapped me, she'd be taking a trip to the dentist, as my retaliatory slap will be violent enough to knock her across the room. She'll be lucky if it doesn't dislocate her jaw.

I say this without apology, my wife knows I wouldn't stand for it.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by horny4u(f): 9:29am On Apr 06, 2011
She shld keep at it the day the guy will slap her back is less one now as for the guy was he not celebrated at birth why is he such a wimp ? The wife ought to talk some uncommon sense to her mum afterall respect is reciprocal
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by maclatunji: 10:44am On Apr 06, 2011
This story is not complete, there must be a reason for the mother-in-law slapping the guy. Once, we know the reason we can pass judgement. Until then (if it ever comes) we can only speculate.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2011
maclatunji:

This story is not complete, there must be a reason for the mother-in-law slapping the guy. Once, we know the reason we can pass judgement. Until then (if it ever comes) we can only speculate.

Unless he slapped her first, there isn't any reason. Unless you see things differently.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2011
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Durupele: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2011
It is the situation will determine what I will do. If I deserve it what is the big deal in it? Can my mother slap me and I will be thinking how to retaliate? God forbid! My wife's mother is my mother.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by maclatunji: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2011
Siena:

Unless he slapped her first, there isn't any reason. Unless you see things differently.

You never can tell, maybe he made a pass at her. Stranger things do happen.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
Siena:

If my mother-in-law slapped me, she'd be taking a trip to the dentist, as my retaliatory slap will be violent enough to knock her across the room. She'll be lucky if it doesn't dislocate her jaw.

I don't know why I find this funny grin grin grin grin
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
Siena:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
God help her.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by prixxy(f): 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2011
Siena:

How will you feel if its the other way round,

your your wife slaps your mother because b'cos ur mother gave her a slap first

think about it.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
That's creepy, Siena
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Godalone(m): 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
Siena:

I feel you man.
My mother-in-law cannot do such thing. She knows the kind of person i am.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by sirabbey(m): 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2011
Siena:

I dont feel you man, infact i disagree with you. Two wrongs, they say never make a right. she just might need a trip to the Undertaker or coroner instead of the dentist after you have delivered your retaliatory slap/punch, and you cuffed on the way to the homicide squad office. Never allow the heat of the moment over shadow your judgement, you might live to regret it. There are other mature ways of showing your displeasure than a t.it for tat. we must learn to control our emotions and not the other way round.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2011
rokiatu:

I don't know why I find this funny grin grin grin grin

LOL @ Roki. wink
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 06, 2011
prixxy:

How will you feel if its the other way round,
your your wife slaps your mother because b'cos your mother gave her a slap first

I'd like to believe my mother wouldn't raise her hand to my wife in our home, if she was still alive (God rest her soul). However, if she did, and my wife retaliated, I wouldn't bat an eyelid, as it would be richly deserved. I'm not into parents / in-laws raising cain in my home. Parents and in-laws can break up your marriage, if you allow them to. I won't let that happen.

prixxy:

think about it.

I thought about it for a split second, and guess what? She'll still get a mouthfull of loose choppers. Respect is a privilege, not a right. It would be the height of disrespect, if my MIL slapped me, worse in my own home. I believe in treating others, as I would like to be treated.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
sirabbey:

I dont feel you man, infact i disagree with you. Two wrongs, they say never make a right. she just might need a trip to the Undertaker or coroner instead of the dentist after you have delivered your retaliatory slap/punch, and you cuffed on the way to the homicide squad office. Never allow the heat of the moment over shadow your judgement, you might live to regret it. There are other mature ways of showing your displeasure than a t.it for tat. we must learn to control our emotions and not the other way round.

I understand your stance on this, but I have mine too. A MIL that would slap her SIL in his own home, is not there for peace. And in most cases, it would happen again, if you don't stamp it out, first time.
Re: His Mother In-law Slaps Him by Thirst4Lif: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2011

Since people don't strike other people as a form of flattery I'm sure being slapped anywhere and at anytime is an insult.

And I'm sure the mother-in-law is familiar with the customs. Nonetheless something transpired to make the Mom in law

react so harshly. We have no idea what prompted her actions but apparently she felt justified.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise / Advise Please!!! / Na Juju; Nigerian Man Show Off The Love Of His Life, Woman Old Enough To Be His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.