Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,961 members, 7,949,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

TALK BOUT HIV - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TALK BOUT HIV (1462 Views)

Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After / Info Bout Yoga Need Ur Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TALK BOUT HIV by engee2(f): 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2007
HI NAIRALANDER   DIS IS A TOPIC THAT NOBODY WANT2 TALK BOUT. PLS DO You KNOW ANY PERSON DATS HIV POSITIVE, MA FRIENDS CHECKS HER AND HAS NOT BEEN HERSELF, SO I RLLY NEED 2 C A GUY DAT HAS DE VIRUS 2 SO SHE COULD HAVE SOME1 2 RLLY TALKK 2 , SO IF KNOW OF ANY PLS HELP A FRIEND. AND WHEN CAN 1 START TAKING DE RETROVIRUS DRUG COS I HEAD ITS WHEN UR IMMUNITY STARTS GOING DOWN.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2007
There are lots of support groups for people living With HIV and AIDS, there are located in every state in Nigeria. A support Group is a group of people Living with HIV they provide emotional support, and encouragement for each other.
Go to any Heart to Heart centre located in any teaching hospital they will introduce you to a support group, so that any positive person will know that he or she is not alone in the struggle.
Any body testing should have had counselling before testing, so that you will know how to deal with your test result and how to access care and support. HIV test is not done just like that, anyone who wants to get tested should go for counselling first before testing.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by geegee(f): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2007
hi,
yuor friend is not the only one living wt hiv.im also hiv possitive and its not the end of the world
infact for me life had just started. my emails is posted here u can ask your friend to mail me so that we can meet.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by karlken(m): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2007
@engee@wats up? Been in S/A for a month 4 training.Lost ur contact.Pls try and reach me.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by 2lonely(f): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2007
hi i know of i dat haves de virus too , and she want friend like her . so u could share faith and hopes.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by gnldhealth: 11:54am On Aug 11, 2007
gnld products are expensive but reliable. i have products that can keep aid patients strong and healthy till 100 years call eddy 08076743434 for your products to day
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by sunnykiss(m): 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2007
how can one te if one has hiv and what are the earlier symptoms list a for me , and how long can one start seeing the symptoms if one is effected with hiv what r the real symptoms
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by sunnykiss(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2007
hello can somebody contract HIV IF ONE USE A CONDOM .PEASE TE THE TRUTH OK NOT TRYING TO PREVENT SEX FROM PEOPLE OK
AND WHAT R THE SYMPTOMS THE EALIER SYMPTOMS IF ONE CONTRACT THE VIRUS,,//// AND PLS EDUCATE ME ON THIS
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by geegee(f): 5:32am On Aug 19, 2007
hiv can stay in the body for eight to ten year befor you strart to see the symptoms that is why it is good u go for testing early enough and for u to see the signs that mean your immune systen is down which is not a good sign cos if not properly managed it can lead to aids and we all know what will happen.u can not contact the virus by using condoms.the good news is there some test u can unergo and it will reveal what year and month u contacted the virus. i have lost a cousin and a friend aids. my cousin never know he had the virus until it turned to aids i saw him a could hardly recognise him. we were still close until he passed on and my friend know some she had it but was too ashamed to talk about it or get help by the time the family knew it was too late i knew she wasn't going to make it. i never had any of the symptom of hiv cos i went for voluntary testing and im glad i did cos the wider test i took showed that i ve had the virus for about 1year, im living with the virus and that how is going to remain i'll never have aids and im healther than health. im doing my best to educted people on it so pls,pls,and pls go for voluntary testing today hiv virus is not contact through sex alone like most people think.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by LJ(m): 9:28am On Aug 20, 2007
guys, na wa o. what does it cost to do the test, & where?
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by geegee(f): 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2007
ij, i can sence fear in you there nothing to be afriad of there's a center in yaba
is called nigerian institute of medical research and every information is about anyone is highly classified.
your voluntary test cast #1500 any subsequent test is fee if you are hiv+ including drugs.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by geegee(f): 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2007
ij, i can sence fear in you there nothing to be afriad of there's a center in yaba
is called nigerian institute of medical research and every information is about anyone is highly classified.
your voluntary test cast #1500 any subsequent test is fee if you are hiv+ including drugs.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by sherocks: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2007
HIV is an issue that is really close to my heart. I try very much to educate people and have been thinking of joining one of the support groups to help and encourage people. I am not positive and do not know many people who are but I have read extensively about the virus and do know it is no longer a death sentence. As geegee said, one can be healthy and live a productive and normal life.

There is no way of knowing if one is positive apart from taking a test. One can remain asymptomatic (showing no symptoms) for many yearsand be positive and on the other hand, can fall ill and not have the virus.

If anyone is unsure, the only way of finding out is taking a test. I know it is one of the most difficult things to do but it is better to know than to live in fear.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2007
Geegee, haven't heard from you in a while! lost your contact details too.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by LJ(m): 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2007
gee gee, that wasnt fear, just 'concern'. anyway, i took it at NIMR and its fine (-ve). Good to know!
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by geegee(f): 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2007
hi siena,
how are u been awhile my email is posted here pls send me a mail.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by PTBNaija(f): 4:14am On Sep 13, 2007
Hmmm. . .even if you use condoms, you can still contract the virus. To think that using a condom will protect you is wrong. Because one must not forget that condoms can break and are porous. And sometimes the pores in condoms are large enough (by a mistake) to let the virus through. That's why condoms are not 100 % effective in stopping pregnancies.
Re: TALK BOUT HIV by engee2(f): 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2007
HI I JUST DID MA OWN TEST AND GOT DE RESULT YESTERDAY.
LET ME LET U IMAGINE DE RESULT, HA HA
ALL SHOULD TRY 2 DO IT U WOULD FEEL LIGHTER

(1) (Reply)

I Need Teeth Whiting Product. / A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father / Stop A Wound From Bleeding Spell. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.