Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,992 members, 7,899,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why I Hate Movies About The Valentine's Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Hate Movies About The Valentine's Day (199 Views)

See The Valentine Gifts I Bought For My Sugarpie / List Of Those Who Really Need The Valentine / Aftermath Of The Valentine's Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Hate Movies About The Valentine's Day by Akinpedia(m): 7:43am On Feb 03, 2021
Valentine's Day is just about the oldest and most well-known holiday in the United States. It has been celebrated for several centuries now and is a widely accepted practice to give love and affection to your loved ones on this day.

Originally, the celebration of Valentine's Day was a way to show loyalty and love to one's loved ones, back when there was no organized government and individuals worked for themselves.

As time passed, as businesses became more organized and gained a higher profile, Valentine's Day quickly lost its meaning and became associated with extravagance and gift-giving.

Why I hate Valentine's Day is a question that a lot of people often ask, and often do. This is because many of the movies that we have been seeing are quite offensive in their portrayals of this highly-honored day.

It seems that the producers of these movies are more concerned with how much money they can get from selling tickets, rather than giving the viewer a true depiction of what Valentine's Day is all about.

I am sure that some of these films do try to give a true message to audiences about the holiday, but they usually fail due to their poor writing and acting skills.

In addition, the messages that are conveyed by these films are usually overshadowed by the overly-glitzy outfits and the over the top romantic themes that are shown. The amount of thought that goes into producing a movie that tries to tell the why of Valentine's Day is very poor.

When discussing why I hate Valentine's Day, it seems that one of the biggest reasons is due to the commercialization of the holiday. All of the major stores, including Target, Walmart, and K Mart, promote Valentine's Day heavily in their advertisements.

I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing, except that these advertisements do tend to portray the holiday in a very shallow way. For instance, while they often show people in their underwear, they fail to show what the actual holiday is really all about which is showing someone a romantic relationship.

This is why I hate Valentine's Day movies because the messages are not deep or insightful enough to truly understand what the holiday is truly about. Sure, these films might be entertaining, but they fail to give any real value to the people watching them.

The same can be said for the television show Friends. While the TV show was fun, it did fail to grasp the attention of many people due to the heavy subject matter that surrounded it.

The producers knew that there was a lot of controversy surrounding the holiday, so they simply used celebrity names and gave out tons of commercials.

People started criticizing the Friends characters for being shallow and boring, but none of that ever resonated with the audience. After the show ended, there was little left to criticize. While I don't think that the film itself is bad, I do feel that it failed to give viewers enough information or inspiration to hate Valentine's Day.

With the advent of newer, slicker movies, like Sex and the City, the message has gotten a bit more complex, but the quality hasn't improved. Instead, the message has simply become diluted. Now people argue that it's not really about love anyway, but the fact remains that the film failed to give the audience much to work with.

Of course, some people will say that they simply don't watch comedies anymore because there's nothing funny about them. But the problem with this theory is that comedy is often the key to getting people through the tough times we live in.

People don't like to think about life when they're laughing, and when there's humor involved it makes them feel better. So it seems to me that it's impossible to hate on Valentine's Day because everybody needs a laugh and the latest movies are providing just that.

While there may be those who will argue that these films have no redeeming qualities, I'm not among them. There are always things that people say that being misunderstood, and I think that this tends to make people angry.

It doesn't mean that all of the critics are wrong, either. This is why I find it fascinating that we can actually connect with others emotionally in a way that we might never have thought possible before. What makes us human is our ability to feel empathy for another and to let that empathy guide our decisions and actions while we enjoy Valentine's Day.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Open For A Lasting Kinky Gift Or Feeling / Have You Knelt Down In Public To Apologise To A Lady? Watch This Encounter / How To Get A Guy To Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.