Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,901 members, 7,872,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? (6990 Views)

What If Southsouth Does Not Give Southeast Sea Access If Nigeria Divide? / Will Nigeria divide Under A Yoruba Man? / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by garfield1: 10:32am On Feb 08, 2021
tutudesz:

From Cross Rivers you can move through Benue-Kogi-Edo state

Orrr

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by ijawcitizen(m): 10:51am On Feb 08, 2021
Fixey:
The Niger Delta has had economic ties with the SE as far beyond 200 years before now. Whatever lies ahead in the future for the two regions, we maintain peaceful, mutual, strategic partnerships and relationships leaning away from acrimonious issues of the past but with the understanding towards creating a future for the unborn generation.

There's no strife or war between the Niger Delta and SS. Leave the bickering and ancient hostilities, presumptions and leanings on positions of insecurities. As allies in trade, commerce, research, development, economics, sea navigation, marine engineering, deep sea exploration, aero nautical, join defense exercises and similar protocols, I will meditate a peaceful co-existence of tranquility, stability, growth and oneness cause failure to stand together makes us vulnerable to outside forces...

Not in this life, or in the life to come.

We know where to get all of what you mentioned when Niger Delta Republic becomes a reality.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by Fixey: 10:53am On Feb 08, 2021
ijawcitizen:

Not in this life, or in the life to come.

We know where to get all of what you mentioned when Niger Delta Republic becomes a reality.

Calm down ijaw man. Did you see me say the two regions become a single nation?
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by Culwizthedeltan(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2021
Akudaisi:
Even Igbo are not so pro Biafra as the Akwa Ibom,a country with them is the best to be sincere

That's a lie
I'm from Akwa Ibom, our people despise the Biafran Agitation. Believe me, stop saying what you don't know, okay?

4 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by ijawcitizen(m): 11:30am On Feb 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

Lets get things in perspective. Niger Delta is not a tribe, its not even a people. It is an 'area'. I laugh when and Edo man calls Ibibio man on the other side of the River Niger, his 'Niger Delta brother'. What connection does an Efo man have with Ibibio?

The reality is that should Nigeria break up, it not how someone from Akwa-Cross is thinking now, will he think then. There will be three options for the Akwa Cross man.

1) Leave with Igbos to Biafra

2) Continue with what is left of Nigeria after Igbos leave for Biafra

3) Declare Akwa-Cross a seperate independent state

It will be up to them which one they choose, but option 1 is the only one that will have any immediate foundation

Your igbo divide and conquer strategy on the people of Niger Delta Republic will not work.

Please digest this from the apex Ibibio sociocultural association Mkparawa Ibibio.

3 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by NwaAro: 11:50am On Feb 08, 2021
Firstly as a direct response and affirmative rejoinder to this already stale question... it's an emphatic NO! the Akwa cross nation aren't needed in Biafra. The Igbo nation is too blessed with human resources and immense potentials left unharnessed to beg anyone to be part of Biafra... forget all the rubbish you hear from some IPOB apologist who ignorantly go out of their way to insult the Igbos by drawing their own useless maps of Biafra and including inconsequential minority groups... I'm sure the greater voices of reasoning from more rational thinking Igbos who are no party to such nonsense has made IPOB re-align their priorities and struggles in making sure the Biafra we (Igbos) aspire to have will only consist of an undiluted and homogeneous Igbo nation ONLY with the usual 5 Igbo SE states, then our Enuani Igbo stock from Aniocha/Oshimili who have profoundly embraced their Igbo roots proudly(we are not interested in the Ikas as they prefer to either sway the Benin way or remain distinct as just IKA, which we respect), then the Igbos from rivers state like Obigbo, Omuma, Egbema, Obigbo axis... ikwerre are clearly of Benin ancestry so those ones are not worth the stress. We still have some Igbo speaking parts of Cross river and even Benue states, but those ones will definitely need a referendum to clearly state where they want to belong.

Secondly, there is nothing like Niger Delta Republic, it's just a dumb concept that will remain a mirage cause such nation if it will ever emerge, will become another USSR house of commotion. The eventual break up of Nigeria will see each ethnic groups & subgroups in the Niger Delta drift along linguistic, sociopolitical and sociocultural lines. The Akwacross might likely merge into one nation or stay apart, the Igbo speaking parts might join their parent Igbo nation or some might prefer to remain distinct which will be respected... as for the Edo/Benin, Urhobos, Ijaws, Itshekiri etc... those ones will never agree to belong to any Niger Delta republic for obvious reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by tutudesz: 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2021
NwaAro:
Firstly as a direct response and affirmative rejoinder to this already stale question... it's an emphatic NO! the Akwa cross nation aren't needed in Biafra. The Igbo nation is too blessed with human resources and immense potentials left unharnessed to beg anyone to be part of Biafra... forget all the rubbish you hear from some IPOB apologist who ignorantly go out of their way to insult the Igbos by drawing their own useless maps of Biafra and including inconsequential minority groups... I'm sure the greater voices of reasoning from more rational thinking Igbos who are no party to such nonsense has made IPOB re-align their priorities and struggles in making sure the Biafra we (Igbos) aspire to have will only consist of an undiluted and homogeneous Igbo nation ONLY with the usual 5 Igbo SE states, then our Enuani Igbo stock from Aniocha/Oshimili who have profoundly embraced their Igbo roots proudly(we are not interested in the Ikas as they prefer to either sway the Benin way or remain distinct as just IKA, which we respect), then the Igbos from rivers state like Obigbo, Omuma, Egbema, Obigbo axis... ikwerre are clearly of Benin ancestry so those ones are not worth the stress. We still have some Igbo speaking parts of Cross river and even Benue states, but those ones will definitely need a referendum to clearly state where they want to belong.

Secondly, there is nothing like Niger Delta Republic, it's just a dumb concept that will remain a mirage cause such nation if it will ever emerge, will become another USSR house of commotion. The eventual break up of Nigeria will see each ethnic groups & subgroups in the Niger Delta drift along linguistic, sociopolitical and sociocultural lines. The Akwacross might likely merge into one nation or stay apart, the Igbo speaking parts might join their parent Igbo nation or some might prefer to remain distinct which will be respected... as for the Edo/Benin, Urhobos, Ijaws, Itshekiri etc... those ones will never agree to belong to any Niger Delta republic for obvious reasons.
inconsequential minority groups
At Least there are many ethnic groups in Niger Delta that are trying to be United, what about Igbos A ethnic group that can't allow a Abia man to hold appointment in Imo state undecided a ethnic group that treat themselves has salves (Osu people)
Before you look down on others, take a deep look at yourselves 1st.

6 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by Akudaisi: 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

That's a lie
I'm from Akwa Ibom, our people despise the Biafran Agitation. Believe me, stop saying what you don't know, okay?
lol that's your business,you could be a bloody Afonjanic demon flrall I know,the AKs I have been with are more Baifran than me,like my former Ogas (twins) they are Ibibios,they argue alot but when it comes to Biafra they go along well,my that doesn't like Kanu sef but they got so much love for him, anyway I started liking NK the day he created ESN

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by Culwizthedeltan(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
NwaAro:

We want nothing to do with the Igbos, I'm glad you understand that.

Beside all the natural resources in the 5 Igbo states cannot be compared to two state from the Niger Delta region, Akwa_cross alone..

We Niger Deltans has come together with one mind set, to stick together no matter what the Igbos think of us.. we shall have our own country called Niger Delta. Believe it or not.
Niger Deltans Are wiser.

4 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by Culwizthedeltan(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Akudaisi:
lol that's your business,you could be a bloody Afonjanic demon flrall I know,the AKs I have been with are more Baifran than me,like my former Ogas (twins) they are Ibibios,they argue alot but when it comes to Biafra they go along well,my that doesn't like Kanu sef but they got so much love for him, anyway I started liking NK the day he created ESN

My man close your mouth.
The Igbos disgust me. Go to the rural areas and do your research. Just try mention Biafra in any of this Akwa Ibom community, if they won't stone you out of the communities.
The prime rule given to most of the villages in Akwa Ibom is to burn down the house of any Biafran. Talk wetin u sabi

5 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by ijawcitizen(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
Akudaisi:

Say hello to your imaginary oga twins for me eeh

If it is not my wife said, it will be my grand mother, or my classmate said or my co-workers from Akwa ibom said.

You are only make a big fool of yourself with your imaginations.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by Kennyswag: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
Akudaisi:
lol everything is afonja to you guys grin.. useless cursed tribe that don't want to have their oceanless landlocked unpleasant tiny unattractive little country without them shameless forcing their pathetic flat head selves on minorities that don't want to have anything to do with the redmud republic grin grin
Bloody clown grin grin

7 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by gidgiddy: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
tutudesz:

Guy to assuming rubbish without fact undecided Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom will not be joining you in Biafra, neither will Rivers State undecided the Early you understand this, the better for you

Nobody us begging anybody to join anything. Infact, I doubt if anyone wants any people who hate Biafra, to be part of Biafra. But everyone should start thinking about where they are going to be in the event that Nigeria breaks up

Over 60% of Rivers state are indigenous Igbo speaking people from Ikwerre, Etche, Omuma, Ogba, Ndoni etc. There a good chance that should Nigeria break up, these people might choose to join the South East in Biafra due to similarities in language and culture.

If that happens, Niger Delta Republic will not sustainable as it will be cut into two, Awka-cross on one side, Ijaw-Edoid on the other side.

So what will Akwa-Cross do in that situation? Thats the question
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by ijawcitizen(m): 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

We want nothing to do with the Igbos, I'm glad you understand that.

Beside all the natural resources in the 5 Igbo states cannot be compared to two state from the Niger Delta region, Akwa_cross alone..

We Niger Deltans has come together with one mind set, to stick together no matter what the Igbos think of us.. we shall have our own country called Niger Delta. Believe it or not.
Niger Deltans Are wiser.

Good to meet you brother.

Let's link up, so much groundwork to cover.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by ijawcitizen(m): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

Nobody us begging anybody to join anything. Infact, I doubt if anyone wants any people who hate Biafra, to be part of Biafra. But everyone should start thinking about where they are going to be in the event that Nigeria breaks up

Over 60% of Rivers state are indigenous Igbo speaking people from Ikwerre, Etche, Omuma, Ogba, Ndoni etc. There a good chance that should Nigeria break up, these people might choose to join the South East in Biafra due to similarities in language and culture.

If that happens, Niger Delta Republic will not sustainable as it will be cut into two, Awka-cross on one side, Ijaw-Edoid on the other side.

Your southern boundaries of biafra lies North of Ndoki territory.

It is wishful thinking, even suicidal to think you biafran boundaries cover Ndoki, ogoni and Opobo to cut Niger Delta Republic into two.

We know it is part of the biafran military ambitions and objectives but you have lost the war before it even started.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by tutudesz: 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

The 40% lands of Ijaws and Ogoni lands will link Akwa Ibom and Cross River with the other South South state. And don't forget the same method will apply to sea access too, Because Ijaws and Ogoni are the lower lands, while your Igbo brother are upper land.
So your biafra country will be treated the same way, you treat others

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by pazienza(m): 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2021
NwaAro:

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by pazienza(m): 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
ijawcitizen:

Your southern boundaries of biafra lies North of Ndoki territory.

It is wishful thinking, even suicidal to think you biafran boundaries cover Ndoki, ogoni and Opobo to cut Niger Delta Republic into two.

We know it is part of the biafran military ambitions and objectives but you have lost the war before it even started.

So Ndoki is Ijawland? grin

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by pazienza(m): 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

Where did the Ndoni, Ogba, Etche and Omuma man tell you that they are Igbos?

See! You IPob people should stop bringing disgrace to Ndiigbo by assigning importance to mushroom groups out there. angry

7 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by tutudesz: 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
pazienza:

So Ndoki is Ijawland? grin
He was listing the tribe
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by gidgiddy: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
pazienza:

Where did the Ndoni, Ogba, Etche and Omuma man tell you that they are Igbos?

See! You IPob people should stop bringing disgrace to Ndiigbo by assigning importance to mushroom groups out there. angry

This is not a question of being Igbo, this is a question of where people want to be if Nigeria breaks up.

All these people speak dialects of Igbo, there is nothing they dont understand in central Igbo. If Nigeria breaks up, would an Etche man prefer to be in a country where he understands the language and culture, or would he rather be in a country where he doesnt know what they are saying in Ibibio, Efik, Ijaw, Edo and a host of others? A country where all those minorities will take him to be Igbo anyway, due to his language and surname? I cant even tell the difference between an Etche man and someone from Imo state.

It remains to be seen

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by pazienza(m): 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
tutudesz:

He was listing the tribe

Ndoki is not a tribe.
It's an Igbo clan found mainly in Abia state with significant portions in Rivers state(Oyigbo LGA) and few villages in Akwa ibom state.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by tutudesz: 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
pazienza:

Ndoki is not a tribe.
It's an Igbo clan found mainly in Abia state with significant portions in Rivers state(Oyigbo LGA) and few villages in Akwa ibom state.
Ok!
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by pazienza(m): 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

This is not a question of being Igbo, this is a question of where people want to be if Nigeria breaks up.

All these people speak dialects of Igbo, there is nothing they dont understand in central Igbo. If Nigeria breaks up, would an Etche man prefer to be in a country where he understands the language and culture, or would he rather be in a country where he doesnt know what they are saying in Ibibio, Efik, Ijaw, Edo and a host of others? A country where all those minorities will take him to be Igbo anyway, due to his language and surname? I cant even tell the difference between an Etche man and someone from Imo state.

It remains to be seen

Let them be the one speaking for themselves.
Don't give them unnecessary relevance by pretending to speak for them.

They should be the ones attaching to us , not the other way round.
I know few Etche people offline and they all suffer from identity crisis.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

My man close your mouth.
The Igbos disgust me. Go to the rural areas and do your research. Just try mention Biafra in any of this Akwa Ibom community, if they won't stone you out of the communities.
The prime rule given to most of the villages in Akwa Ibom is to burn down the house of any Biafran. Talk wetin u sabi

Of course i know what your objective is on this thread...you and the other rancid Igbo haters claiming ‘Niger-Delta’ or Akwa-Cross (quite possibly one or two insecure fools with multiple monikers)!

You see Biafra as possibly the biggest threat to the continued existence of ‘one Nigeria’, hence the insane obsession with trying to make it look like the Niger-Delta and/or Akwa-Cross despise Igbo and they despise the notion of Biafra that includes part or all of the ‘south-south’! Your thinking and prayer is that Igbos wouldn’t wanna leave with the ‘south-south’ because of ‘oyel and gas’ and ‘access to the sea’!

If indeed you are from the Niger-Delta, you’re probably one of the thieving elite or a relative/friend of one of them that’s coining it in by being in gov’t or having a gov’t contracts!

I’m not perturbed one way or the other if Ndigbo leave alone or leave with other willing ethnicities to go form a new country! However, my question to you is: could you explain point-by-point how Niger-Delta or Akwa-Cross not leaving with Ndigbo or having ‘Niger-Delta’ Republic without Ndigbo would be a better option?
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by unshakablejihad: 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Of course i know what your objective is on this thread...you and the other rancid Igbo haters claiming ‘Niger-Delta’ or Akwa-Cross (quite possibly one or two insecure fools with multiple monikers)!

You see Biafra as possibly the biggest threat to the continued existence of ‘one Nigeria’, hence the insane obsession with trying to make it look like the Niger-Delta and/or Akwa-Cross despise Igbo and they despise the notion of Biafra that includes part or all of the ‘south-south’! Your thinking and prayer is that Igbos wouldn’t wanna leave with the ‘south-south’ because of ‘oyel and gas’ and ‘access to the sea’!

If indeed you are from the Niger-Delta, you’re probably one of the thieving elite or a relative/friend of one of them that’s coining it in by being in gov’t or having a gov’t contracts!

I’m not perturbed one way or the other if Ndigbo leave alone or leave with other willing ethnicities to go form a new country! However, my question to you is: could you explain point-by-point how Niger-Delta or Akwa-Cross not leaving with Ndigbo or having ‘Niger-Delta’ Republic without Ndigbo would be a better option?

guy jst shut up nd leave this people alone!

aren't u ashamed of urself dragging the Igbo name to the mud by begging these hateful minority to be part of biafra?..

they have said no,so wateva jibberish u're trying to sell to them wuld be counter-productive.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by orisa37: 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2021
NIGERIA WILL NOT DIVIDE . FULL AUTHORITIES FOR FINANCES POLICING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL MUST BE GIVEN TO THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by orisa37: 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
NIGERIA WILL NOT DIVIDE . FULL AUTHORITIES FOR FINANCES POLICING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL MUST BE GIVEN TO THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES. AND LET US TEACH THE NORTH HOW TO FISH.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by Ojiofor: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

Niger Delta Republic, though a good thing, is very hard to achieve, for the following reasons.

1) There is no agitation for it. There is agitation for Biafra. There is agitation for Oduduwa Republic. There is absolutely no agitation for Niger Delta Republic. Countries dont drop out of the sky. Before any country can exist, the indigenous people on the ground must have shown in some way that they want it.

2) Many of the ethnic groups in the so called Niger Delta, dont even know each other. The Edo man does not know anything about the Ibibio man. The Itsekiri man does not know where Ogoja land is or who they are. The Efik man has connection to Ijaw. So how are they going to come together for Niger Delta Republic?

3) Biafra may eventually not be just the South East like some people think. It may eventually include the Delta Igbos and the Rivers Igbos. Should all the Igbos, Igboids and Igbo speaking people of Rivers state decide to join Biafra, Niger Delta Republic will be cut into two. The Akwa-Cross people wont be able to travel to the Edo and Ijaw side without having to pass through Biafra. That wont be sustainable

Who told you what you are currently doing is actually agitation for Biafra?
When is online ranting become an agitation?
Stop begging SS to join Nnamdi Kanu's personal business investment called IPOB they are not foolish.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by gidgiddy: 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
pazienza:

Let them be the one speaking for themselves.
Don't give them unnecessary relevance by pretending to speak for them.

They should be the ones attaching to us , not the other way round.
I know few Etche people offline and they all suffer from identity crisis.

As I said before, this is not about who is Igbo or not. This about where people will choose to be in the event of Nigeria breaking up. Someone may be suffering from identity crisis, but if he finds out that Nigeria is going to break up tomorrow, he will weight all the options on the table and choose the option that makes the most sense, do I go with those I have something in common, or those I have far less in common?

Also, nobody is attaching anyone to anything, that ship has long sailed and nobody has the time.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by MadamExcellency: 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
Oil is outdated. Gas is the future.

The future belongs to Southeast.

Electricity is best with Gas turbines and reciprocating engines.

Southeast is the future. South South is our past.

Imo, Anambra and Abia are the future.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Will The Akwa Cross Region Join The Biafran? by gidgiddy: 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ojiofor:

Who told you what you are currently doing is actually agitation for Biafra?
When is online ranting become an agitation?
Stop begging SS to join Nnamdi Kanu's personal business investment called IPOB they are not foolish.

Are these pictures online too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? / South-East CPC Says Presidential Election Was Free And Fair / Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.