Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:47 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (976139 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
ola.akinyinka:
Should in case anyone needs SPENT GRAINS, kindly let me know pls. I have in large quantity to supply

What's your definition of Large quantity? Is this a one time offer or you have a continuous supply?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olaakinyinka(m): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
laposta:

What's your definition of Large quantity? Is this a one time offer or you have a continuous supply?
its going to be contineous supply.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
obnelly: keeping daily records shouldnt be handled with levity .Be serious with what ever records your chickens are dishing out.Remember to do your profit and loss account on a monthly bases .That will give you your monthly performance.

fnk ,sorry i lost my phone and couldnt retrieved the chi 's guy number.

It is ok, we might be buying from OBJ farm. according to my guy, the CHI farm were asking for our company registration docs and visit to my farm for inspection before they can sell us the DOC, and I am wondering if this is the normal practice.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
ojitejiri:

please has anyone booked from obasanjo farms? I need to know the process. My farm is in nasarawa. Thanks

The info that I get is that you fill out a form, they inspect your farm, you paid to book etc.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ojitejiri(f): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2013
fnk:

The info that I get is that you fill out a form, they inspect your farm, you paid to book etc.

Really?? Why all this long process?? Thanks for the info. Whr do I get the form?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hajbash: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Hi nairalanders,iam from the north and I have access to GNC,soya beans and fish meal at cheap price,there4,anyone that need them in large quantity we can do business. E.g GNC 50 naira per kilo,soyabeans 9000 per 100 kg sack and fish meal 250 per kilo.if u need them,u can reach me via my number 08032777272 I can be supplying regularly because iam doing nothing now. BB pin:2A2FCCC4[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
ojitejiri:

Really?? Why all this long process?? Thanks for the info. Whr do I get the form?

This the number of the Manager of DOC department at OFN.Mr. Adeyomo;08129901078

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dear fellow poultry farmers,I'm happy to inform you that I got the first two eggs from my farm exactly 18weeks 5days on friday last week and the number is growing gradually.
We are optimisitic that we are on the right track.Thanks to all the info and support from all of you.lets keep it coming.

God bless
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ojitejiri(f): 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
fnk:

This the number of the Manager of DOC department at OFN.Mr. Adeyomo;08129901078

Thanks alot, will give him a call
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kengeorge: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2013
Should in case anyone needs SPENT GRAINS, kindly let me know pls. I have in large quantity to supply

How do you sell per 1 ton of your spent grain?, email me on kengeorgewests@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
I am trying to post picture, anyone know the step by step on how to do that here?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 4:36am On Sep 05, 2013
fnk: I am trying to post picture, anyone know the step by step on how to do that here?

Anytime u want to do a new post u will see browse, click on it n select the pix.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adeyemis: 6:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Are you in need of fresh quail eggs or you want to start your own quail rearing? Call us today for supply of eggs and birds.

You can also be one of our distributor and make good income

Sam 08183552307 or email easifarmin@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2013
Hi Guys,

I need some insight from farmers with hands on experience. I bought 3 boxes (150 birds) of broiler chicks about two weeks ago and their mortality has been very high. They die in drones and I've lost almost two thirds of the flock. I've done all I can, bought antibiotics, bought a coccidiostat drug to no avail. I'm trying to narrow down the cause to forestall further occurrence and from those I've spoken to so far, some insights stand out:

1.) Non fumigation of cage - I had used the cage to rear birds till market weight previously but did not fumigate. However, I let the cage lay in the sun for about a month after cleaning before stocking the new chicks. Guess it was an oversight on my part not to fumigate. What diseases could have been transmitted?

2.) Non vaccination of day old chicks against Marek's disease - A friend suggested that the day old chicks may not have been vaccinated against Marek's disease at the hatchery. He asked if I vaccinated them myself which I responded in the negative. Now, I read Marek's disease has no cure and it appears I'm stuck on that one as I cannot vaccinate them any longer.

My fear on this is that would it not be overdose if they had been vaccinated at the hatchery and I gave them another on arrival at the farm just to be doubly sure?

3.) Finally, has anyone here based in Lagos taken a bird for post mortem analysis before? If yes, where can I get it done on my birds.

I'll appreciate concrete insight on this issue...no point brooding over the lost birds...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 12:37am On Sep 06, 2013
Just checking if this works, This is a picture of my poultry construction.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 12:37am On Sep 06, 2013
jamp:

Anytime u want to do a new post u will see browse, click on it n select the pix.

Thank you, It worked.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gidigidi3(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
It is with great pleasure that I greet and appreciate everyone who has contributed to this thread. To the lady that started this thread till the last person that did post, I say you have really contributed your quota positively in building the nation(a la JP Clark's poem).
@Hindsight
@basking4me
@fnk
Your leadership contributions to this thread is highly commendable.

This thread struck the right cord of what I have been dreaming of doing so much so that from around 10pm yesterday to 5.30am this morning, I was studying this thread from page 1-40. From my past experiences in life, such obsession that I am having now comes from my spiritual self rather than just mental self. I hereby declare that I am in and in for good.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Realdeals(m): 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Download Free e-boook on packaging of poultry products and other agricultural products at http://www./resource-download
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2013
laposta:

@obynelly, I sent you an email on conversion of poultry waste to biofuel....I'm yet to receive a reply. Kindly respond...

I am interested in dis. My email is gozychuks@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 12:38am On Sep 07, 2013
I have abt 100 9wks old broilers. I am rationing feed for them to get to Dec. Hope its feasible they eat abt 75kg to 100kg of feed(grower) per week hope am not making a mistake.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 3:46am On Sep 07, 2013
Gozychuks: I have abt 100 9wks old broilers. I am rationing feed for them to get to Dec. Hope its feasible they eat abt 75kg to 100kg of feed(grower) per week hope am not making a mistake.
What Kg are your birds now?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 3:48am On Sep 07, 2013
Gidigidi3: It is with great pleasure that I greet and appreciate everyone who has contributed to this thread. To the lady that started this thread till the last person that did post, I say you have really contributed your quota positively in building the nation(a la JP Clark's poem).
@Hindsight
@basking4me
@fnk
Your leadership contributions to this thread is highly commendable.

This thread struck the right cord of what I have been dreaming of doing so much so that from around 10pm yesterday to 5.30am this morning, I was studying this thread from page 1-40. From my past experiences in life, such obsession that I am having now comes from my spiritual self rather than just mental self. I hereby declare that I am in and in for good.

Great most question you will have the answer to them is somewhere in these pages, so you can always refer back to them. Welcome
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
Helloo house, pls I need the contact details of top feed in ibadan. I want to buy my feeds directly from them.

Am in abuja n I tink it will be cheaper buying from them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IKEDIKE: 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
jamp: Helloo house, pls I need the contact details of top feed in ibadan. I want to buy my feeds directly from them.

What quantity can you buy at a time?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
jamp: Helloo house, pls I need the contact details of top feed in ibadan. I want to buy my feeds directly from them.

Checkout Capsfeed 08166870303, I have heard about them,that they have a very high quality feed, they are also in Ibadan. Call the phone# and speak with Shina, you can tell him that you got the number from Franklin.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by benzion72(m): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
I discovered this thread after a I have gotten baptism of poultry, but I still enjoy reading it and some of the experience are my familiar terrain. I promise to write my detail experience at a convenient time. My success, my failures. Experience from breeders, feed mill, laying experience, sales experience.
I also want to sell 200 old layer intrested buyer on cash and carry can contact me at alben2002@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
IKEDIKE:

What quantity can you buy at a time?

2-4 tons. Can I ve their contact pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
fnk:

Checkout Capsfeed 08166870303, I have heard about them,that they have a very high quality feed, they are also in Ibadan. Call the phone# and speak with Shina, you can tell him that you got the number from Franklin.

I hve already started giving them top feed, so I don't want to change their feed.

Thanks alot
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
jamp:

I hve already started giving them top feed, so I don't want to change their feed.

Thanks alot

Makes sense. Good luck. I will get you the phone# in a couple of days, if you don't already have it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by condi1704(m): 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
fnk:

Makes sense. Good luck. I will get you the phone# in a couple of days, if you don't already have it.
@fnk, I was going through this thread. Very intresting and inspiring. Pls can u pls and pls in the name of God send me the excel stuff on 25 broilers to 2.5kg in 7 wks discussed on pg 13. My e-mail is oyeyemioyewo1704@gmail.com. God Bless.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2013

Hello house, am still waiting pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
condi1704: @fnk, I was going through this thread. Very intresting and inspiring. Pls can u pls and pls in the name of God send me the excel stuff on 25 broilers to 2.5kg in 7 wks discussed on pg 13. My e-mail is oyeyemioyewo1704@gmail.com. God Bless.

Am also interested gozychuks@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.