Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,973 members, 7,880,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos (43619 Views)

Port Harcourt Landlord Locks Out Electricity Company Over Rent / Rights Of A Tenant Over A Reviewed Rent In Lagos State. / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by OdogwuBlog: 7:51am On Feb 10, 2021
Guns Recovered As Landlord Shoots Okada Union Chair Over Rent

A landlord, identified simply as Afuye, has been arrested by men of the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly shooting his tenant, Olaoluwa-Daniel Yaya, over outstanding rent at their place of residence on Mosalisi Street, Alimosho Local Government Area of the state.

Yaya told PUNCH Metro that he pleaded with his landlord to give him more time to make the payment, but after he left for work on Saturday, he received a call from his wife that Afuye and his wife were making trouble with her.

When Yaya returned home and went to meet the landlord, he alleged that Afuye suddenly brought out a gun and shot at him six times, adding that his wife collapsed at the sound of the gunshot.

He said, "I owe my landlord, Mr Afuye, for one year and three months, and I already appealed to him to give me more time to make the payment. I am the chairman of motorcycle operators in Sango; on Saturday, I was at work when my wife called to inform me that my landlord and his wife were making trouble with her because of the indebtedness.

“I rushed back home and met other tenants at my apartment and they explained that they were the ones who prevented the landlord and his wife from beating up my wife. I went upstairs to meet my landlord and told him he should have waited for me before doing anything.

“I later left him, came downstairs and was approaching the door of my flat when my landlord suddenly rushed down the stairs with a gun and shot at me six times. It took the grace of God that none of the bullets hit me, but the wall of the building is filled with bullet holes. The gunshots made my wife to collapse and while rushing to her rescue, my landlord quickly took some of the spent bullet cases and went back upstairs.” Anambra 360 Reports

Angered by the development, Yaya told PUNCH Metro that he recovered a pellet and proceeded to the police station to lodge a complaint against Afuye.

The Ogun State indigene explained that policemen were detailed to arrest Afuye and recover the gun, adding that while conducting a further search on his landlord’s apartment, two other guns were recovered by the cops.

The chairman said, “I was fortunate to see one of the bullet pellets and I took it to the police station and filed a report. Policemen followed me home, arrested him and recovered the gun. While being questioned by the Divisional Police Officer, Afuye said he had only one gun, but because the DPO was not satisfied with his explanation, some policemen were instructed to go back to search his house and they recovered two other guns.

“When the DPO asked why he had guns and why he shot at me for owing him rent instead of issuing me a quit notice, he said he had stayed abroad for over 50 years and that he purchased the guns there. He has been in detention since, while my wife is being administered with drip at home because she is hypertensive.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said, “The man (Afuye) has been arrested and transferred to the SCIID for proper investigation. His arms and ammunition were recovered from him. We are looking into the matter. We will update you as and when due.”

Source: https://punchng.com/guns-recovered-as-landlord-shoots-okada-union-chair-over-rent/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Nwodosis(m): 7:53am On Feb 10, 2021
The landlord must be a crossbreed of Fulani herders!

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by TUANKU(m): 7:53am On Feb 10, 2021
Landlord about to turn to tenant inside correctional facility.

194 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Mutemenot(m): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2021
Bad tenants can provoke, how can you owe 15 months rent and expect the landlord to be at peace with you As okada Chairman, I know the guy is full of trouble

258 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by yinkus6750(m): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2021
Anger management.
Frustration cab push you to any limit.
Illegal possession of firearms and attempted murder.
See gone
Naija is not Yankee.
His lucky to escape murder charge.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by 3gpvids: 10:33am On Feb 10, 2021
Landlord think say him dey for Yo Mehn their land

las las police go cash out

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Mayng01(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2021
Their faces and the guns?

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by emmanuel596(m): 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Money no dey lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
I am not in support of the landlord for shooting at his tenant, but from the testimony of the tenant, he is a trouble maker who is not ready to his landlord. An okada park chairman in sango, "owo ojumo", the landlord has invested his money and he need money for his own needs. You can't try that in abroad 1year and more.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by sammysmiles(m): 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ha!

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by DoctorDree(m): 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lol
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by aidameoryou: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
ok lets see how you will live nah

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by ugochukwufrenzy: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
landlord don turn tenant for kirikiri
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by omoadeleye(m): 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
Chai

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Bbbwings: 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
How can you be owing 1year rent?

16 Likes

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by inoki247: 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
6 shot and you dodge am like Hollywood movie....

But 1 years plus the guy no try....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Biafrawemove: 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Chicastle: 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
An average black man believes the only way he can way out his grievance is by killing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Brendaniel: 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
shocked Are you sure that landlord is only a landlord or he has another occupation in using fire arms...

6 Likes

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by naijadjmixtape: 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
lagos centre of excellence indeed, head down to naijadjmixtapes.com download hot dj mix jam it and forget your sorrows. chop life
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Welrez(m): 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
I thought becoming a landlord was the way out of all troubles with rent until I managed my father's houses for a year. I resigned voluntarily and told him to hire a lawyer. I cannot come and kill myself.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by bigdammyj: 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
Noted
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by chrisxxx(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
Some tenants do not have money to pay rent but have money to consult and mobilise a lawyer once you breech the law. You will be surprised to see the tenant bringing out money he had claimed he didnt have.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by illicit(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
He was mad....
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Dreyton36: 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
No comment until I hear the landlord's side of the story

Lights up my kpoli in peace

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by GreaterFuture3: 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need HDF Doors?: Check Out Our Custom HDF Doors With Edge Protection Material. / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little / People Occupy Uncompleted Buildings In Port-Harcourt. (wit Pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.