Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,077 members, 7,922,608 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:17 AM

Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist (29037 Views)

Domestic Violence Against Men / Abuse Against Men And Boys / (dailytrust) When Men Are Victims Of Spousal Abuse (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by EmekaA125(m): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2021
Brendaniel:
Saphiere come o, come and see your fellow woman revealing the truth of what a lot of men are going through in the hands of women, men are not complaining because if a man complains the society will tell him" BE A MAN" or '' ARE YOU NOT A MAN '' but a lot feminists like Saphiere these days don't want to be women, they want men to become women like them to ride over the men, but it will not happen because God is more than them....
Saphiere thrives in feminism and will never believe female gender can hurt a fly. To her, men don't suffer domestic violence including rape. The girl matter don weak me. Hypocritical feminist
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by EmekaA125(m): 8:11am On Feb 11, 2021
geendi:
It had always been common but wasn't taken seriously or even
considered as abuse.
Yes. Men are victims of domestic violence steady. Also do you know how many male (minor) rape cases happening steady in this country. We don't know about them because they are boys and the society including Police will laugh it off as nothing. Let a girl child be raped, boom hell will be let loose. Nonsense
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by EmekaA125(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2021
Weak men being beaten up by women stronger than them. God forbid bad thing. Men are not created to exhibit weakness no matter the challenges of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by NobleAngell(f): 8:18am On Feb 11, 2021
Liposure:
you are stubborn
I am.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by NobleAngell(f): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2021
KingLennon:

Red pills are for life...
Take this from me and don't ever forget it for life, Red pills are a hoax. No such thing. Every man is a simp before the woman he really loves.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Mummymahdi(f): 8:34am On Feb 11, 2021
Ahmad62:
Who else finds this funny?! If my wife hit me ehnnn... Lemme keep quiet... Some words are better left unsaid!

Ahh better! Make u no try marry a woman with 1 strong bone! If not ehhh!!!
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by jadyclem(m): 9:09am On Feb 11, 2021
All those thin men wey like to dey marry big women na dem dey suffer domestic abuse pass. Luv no fit over catch me to come go carry watin i know say i no stand any chance against. There's one in my area, whenever he has a misunderstanding with the wife he'll not sleep in the house till d wife has calmed down. Some women no just sabi manage power at all o! If some women get anything pass u as a man ur own don finish be dat o!
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by bluestone2015: 9:19am On Feb 11, 2021
That was exactly what those men said earlier �
Ahmad62:
Who else finds this funny?! If my wife hit me ehnnn... Lemme keep quiet... Some words are better left unsaid!
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by IboWolf: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2021
ijustdey:

https://www.independent.ng/spousal-abuse-against-men-rising-in-lagos-ui-criminologist/

I see that the study puts forth that polygamous marriages see less abuse to men. What are the men on such marriages doing that might be of benefit to their monogamous counterparts?
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by IboWolf: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2021
jadyclem:
All those thin men wey like to dey marry big women na dem dey suffer domestic abuse pass. Luv no fit over catch me to come go carry watin i know say i no stand any chance against. There's one in my area, whenever he has a misunderstanding with the wife he'll not sleep in the house till d wife has calmed down. Some women no just sabi manage power at all o! If some women get anything pass u as a man ur own don finish be dat o!

Their wife’s would seat on top of their matter.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by dederocs(m): 9:51am On Feb 11, 2021
grin
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Kazim88: 10:01am On Feb 11, 2021
400billionman:
Women are meant to be advisers and helpers to men.

No man should delegate the headship of his house to a woman, otherwise your destiny will walk astray like Adam's.

Once you are 30, you are a man. Don't even take the advice of your mother. Your wife should be your adviser at that age. Otherwise, you go hear am.

Says a man that is not married.

A married man will learn, albeit the hard way that never take advise from a anywoman.
Why? They are by default very emotional and illogical (unreasonable).
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by easzypeaszy(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2021
Ahmad62:
nobody is talking about physical abuse..u no get undrstandin ni
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Kenfil(f): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2021
IboWolf:

I see that the study puts forth that polygamous marriages see less abuse to men. What are the men on such marriages doing that might be of benefit to their monogamous counterparts?

Its because the women are busy bickering and killing each other lol. For those jumping up that since polygamous men were excluded from this report equates to a happy life, OYO is ur case. I can only tell those men, TEST & SEE (sing with me)..����
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by djon78(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
Forumobserver12:

Oga is not all about physical abuse , Most men surfers from emotional abuse in the hands of their wives..

Yeah that's why men should possess high emotional intelligence
Once you have this
Woman go dey avoid your wahala
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by djon78(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
Kenfil:

Its because the women are busy bickering and killing each other lol. For those jumping up that since polygamous men were excluded from this report equates to a happy life, OYO is ur case. I can only tell those men, TEST & SEE (sing with me)..����

Not even about polygamy
If you let a woman know that if she misbehaves
There are women outside begging for your attention
Especially if you are doing well economically

No be person go tell her to behave herself

2 Likes

Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by mechanics(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
May God deliver those facing spousal abuse, amen.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Goldbw122(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
Well spouses should understand the foundation of marriage that when they get married to each other they should know that this person that they are married to his or her blood of their blood or flesh of their flesh.. that is what marriage is suppose to be all about.. Like If I try to hurt my spouse I am directly hurting myself, if spouses thinks like that they will not abuse themselves...

1 Like

Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
undecided
NobleAngell:
We know your type.
Na your type go wash pant.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Belafonte(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2021

According to Dr. Uzoamaka Chukwuma, married men suffered mostly emotional abuse, followed by sexual abuse, physical and economic abuses.

According to her, married men whose wives were not in their first marriage were two times more likely to experienced spousal abuse while men in polygamous marriage are less likely to be victims of spousal abuse.

grin cheesy grin.

Men are scum
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Belafonte(m): 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Pavore9:

Efe and Jude! angry

Lol. I remember this cartoon from way back. I used to wonder what sort of dude the Jude guy was. Now, I can say I understand
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Elmuktari(m): 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
The solution is simpler than ABC. marry them many and have their brains set to default. wicked people.

1 Like

Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Advancedman(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by KingLennon(m): 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
NobleAngell:
Take this from me and don't ever forget it for life, Red pills are a hoax. No such thing. Every man is a simp before the woman he really loves.
And who told you that? Loving you like my woman doesn't mean I'll discard my principles and my boundaries. Some men are disciplined...
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by NobleAngell(f): 8:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
KingLennon:

And who told you that? Loving you like my woman doesn't mean I'll discard my principles and my boundaries. Some men are disciplined...
Make no mistake, stiffness isn't discipline.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by NobleAngell(f): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
Belafonte:

Lol. I remember this cartoon from way back. I used to wonder what sort of dude the Jude guy was. Now, I can say I understand
So what can you say about Jude? He's what every man should be, yeah?
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Jman06(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
EmekaA125:
Weak men being beaten up by women stronger than them. God forbid bad thing. Men are not created to exhibit weakness no matter the challenges of life.
Those who understand this life know that life is not a straight road. The mistake most Nigerians make is that you assume that because one is a man, he must be macho and super power.

Nature made things in such a way that some women are stronger than some men naturally. So, when we hear that a man got beaten up by a woman, let's not shame the man but help him get justice and protection the way we do when a woman is at the receiving end.

This is also why I don't shame gay men because I understand that nature gave us varieties in this life. Due to their lack of understanding of nature, early men lumped everybody together and expected that every man must exhibit identical attributes likewise every woman. This same ignorance of how nature works was exhibited by the early men in their writing of the different holy books. Now that we are better educated, we should understand these things better and live a life of tolerance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by KingLennon(m): 11:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
NobleAngell:
Make no mistake, stiffness isn't discipline.
Yes it is not but I have boundaries. I love my woman no doubt but there's a limit to certain things. We should not be arguing about this kind of issue sha...
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Kenfil(f): 3:43am On Feb 14, 2021
djon78:

Not even about polygamy
If you let a woman know that if she misbehaves
There are women outside begging for your attention
Especially if you are doing well economically

No be person go tell her to behave herself

No wahala, I am glad a lot of women are beginning to show you guys too that there are men begging for them outside and they are also doing well economically. Bottom line, we should all treat one another like humans (both men and women, but until then...)
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by NobleAngell(f): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
KingLennon:

Yes it is not but I have boundaries. I love my woman no doubt but there's a limit to certain things. We should not be arguing about this kind of issue sha...
You're right.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by Belafonte(m): 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2021
NobleAngell:
So what can you say about Jude? He's what every man should be, yeah?

Nah. Jude is weak. I used to be angry at such men, now I feel nothing bit pity for them.
Re: Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist by NobleAngell(f): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Belafonte:

Nah. Jude is weak. I used to be angry at such men, now I feel nothing bit pity for them.
Hahahahahaha.
Well, unfortunately I agree with you on this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / Mother Of 11 Boys And 1 Girl Heartbroken As Husband Reportedly Runs Away (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.