Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi (1333 Views)

Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC / 2015 Guber: Imo Youths Applaud Choice Of Iheanacho As APGA Candidate / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi by TochukwuC: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2011
On the 4th day of January, 2010 in an all-important stakeholders meeting held by the executive governor of Imo State. The meeting which was meant to show Imo Stakeholders a sense of belonging and participation in the present Governance of State. In the meeting proper, the executive governor of Imo State Chief Dr. Ikedi Ohakim while delivering his keynote address gave highlights on how his Administration has continued to proffer good policies towards the bettering of the lots lives of Imo people and how he intends to improve on it.
There also at the meeting, Chief Dr. Ikedi Ohakim gave Imo people what I term a New Year betterment package. The 4th of January 2010 could be said to be remembered in history by all those who really meant well for the State. On that day the Governor gave out his directives that ten thousand fresh Imo graduates be recruited into the state Civil Service. By so doing, the Governor lifted an age long embargo on employment into the State Civil Service. These embargos have been there since 1984, but successive administrations have come and gone without lifting an open embargo like the Governor has done. The worst of it all is that these successive administrations have in the past employed their relatives, friends or political allies in a secretive manner into the service.
I am reflecting on this policy today not just for the fact that I am a citizen of the state, Imo youths or as a beneficiary. But doing so on a singular note bearing in mind that posterity will not forgive me if I don’t reflect on what the truth is all about. This is very pertinent because I hear some politicians criticize the ten thousand job offer for the youth unnecessary without being acquainted on the much needed information which they need about the appraisal of such policy. These I think they do, just to score cheap political points. Our politicians should learn how to join real issues and facts in political campaigns.
My fellow citizens of Imo State, I am not yet done with my reflective story, I was opportuned to have the governor speak to us the beneficiary of the ten thousand job offer on our thank you visit to his Excellency. I quote the governor “I have great love and passion for the youths of this state, this is as I always become shocked down to the marrows when I see you youths walk around the streets hopelessly” the governor also said “I am like a scientist who plan before making policies” . Thank you his Excellency, Chief Dr. Ikedi Godson Ohakim. This is as I believe that you meant well for the state ride on the great reformer with a visionary inquest.

Re: My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi by oguejoifor: 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2011
Where are the originals of their appointment letters? why only photocopies?, ok sorry, maybe it will be issued to them after the elections whose results are tabulated below

poll conducted for THISDAY by Ipsos, the world’s leading market research company. Ohakim PDP 21%, Araraume ACN 9%, Okorocha APGA 54%
Undecided14%
In the governorship, PDP could lose as many as six
states —Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Imo and Kebbi
Re: My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi by TochukwuC: 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2011
poll conducted for THISDAY by Ipsos, the world’s leading market research company. Ohakim PDP 21%, Araraume ACN 9%, Okorocha APGA 54%
Undecided14%

THISDAY by Ipsos OR whatever you call them. That is there own private opinions, which is not bad, if you ask me. but all i know is that Ohakim is the only ideal man for the job as it stands now. He has to put finishing touches to all the projects that is still not completed. if we elect another person, it will be starting all over again. which the people of Imo don't want. Thanks
Re: My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi by cold(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2011
@Op.why don't you you ever add a link to your frivolous stories?
Re: My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi by uncletucco: 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
W
Re: My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi by chamber2(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Tochukwu C

who is this nihilist?go and sit down.ohkim will surely be voted out,either by ballot or through the court.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs Total Restructuring To Achieve Economic Growth - Soludo / Lamidi Adedibu- The Last Yoruba Generallismmo / Boko Haram Claims Thisday Bombings And Says Punch, Vanguard, Daily Trust And VOA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.