Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,433 members, 7,964,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 08:03 PM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (100880 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by bashydemy(m): 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2011
David mark win back is seat souce AIT
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
aletheia:

It would appear that rumors of PDP's demise have been greatly exaggerated: PDP wins all 3 senate seats in Kwara: wink

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5688444-146/election_results_live_updates__.csp
Wow, I am surprised, I thought ACN was very strong in Kwara. This saraki man na voltron o. But I think Bukola Saraki performed fairly well as Governor, perhaps He is reaping the benefit. Good for him as long that is the people's wish
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
JaaizTech:

yeah, GEJ has more support than PDP itself. I have repeatedly told my friends in the north that GEJ is PDP's saving grace otherwise in a free and fair poll they would have gone down totally. However, the pro-Yar'adua and Pro-Zoning PDP members did GEJ a great favour had they been more discrete and tactful in the approach of the issue, GEJ would have been less popular and not gained as much sympathy. This is God for you He works in his own ways. But it will still be very close, CPC and Buhari are not push-overs, moreover they are stronger in a larger territory. The same way GEJ will enjoy more support in the south than PDP, Buhari will also enjoy more support than CPC in the north. For me the South-west will be the deciding factor, should ACN pull a great feet in the south-west or find themselves at par with PDP, then CPC will have an edge.
TRUE TALK BRO. TRUE TALK
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2011
EDO North senatorial ACN flogged PDP by about 50,000 votes. (AIT SOURCE)
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by temodent(m): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2011
Namadi Sambo, vice president's constituency
CPC   72092
PDP   33074
ACN   9540
CPC WINS
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by BluStreak(m): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
Dr. Ifeanyi I. Okowa (PDP) declared winner for the Delta-North senatorial district.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by luluosas(m): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
I can see sentiment creeping into this election result matter. Since over 80% of the total vote cast in yesterday NASS election, we can as well start a new thread basically for the upcoming presidential elections.
Visit here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-643291.0.html#msg8094150 Vote and comment, so that we can move forward. Thank you.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
>LAGOS: Oluremi Tinubu wins Lagos Central Senatorial seat with 202, 506 votes.
LAGOS: Akinloye Hazeez Babajide of ACN bags 32, 473 votes to win Eti-Osa Federal Constituency.

LAGOS: Monsuru Alao Owolabi of the ACN wins Lagos Mainland Federal Constituency with 42, 060 vote

RIVERS: Results already announced by INEC show the PDP has won 5 of the 13 federal constituencies in the State.

BENUE: Senate president, David Mark, (PDP) defeats Lawrence Onoja (ACN) to win the Benue South senatorial south seat.

ENUGU: Deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu has won the senatorial election in the Enugu West senatorial District. Mr Ekweremadu of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), polled 112,806 votes to beat the Peoples for Democratic Change (PDC) candidate, Jackson Ezeoffor, who got 7,522 votes. The Labour Party candidate polled 5,175, APGA 3591, ACN 1325, ANPP 278, CPC 593 and PPA 839. About 12 parties contested the election.

EBONYI: Sykvester Ogbagba of PDP wins Abakaliki/Izzi House of Reps seat.

BAUCHI: Aliyu Gebi, (CPC) wins Bauchi House of Reps election; Haliru Jika (ACN) wins in Ganjuwa; Abdulrazaq Zaki (PDP) wins in Ningi

IMO: Francis Ezenwa Onyenwuchi (APGA) wins Owerri federal House of Reps election.

KWARA: PDP candidates win all three senatorial districts and five House of Reps seats.

ENUGU: Deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu and senate spokesman, Ayogu Eze, both of PDP, win poll.

BENUE: Barnabas Gemade of PDP defeats incumbent, Joseph Akaagerger, of the ACN to win Benue North East senatorial race.

OGUN: Speaker, Dimeji Bankole and senator, Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello lose election to ACN opponents.

ENUGU: Gil Nnaji of PDP defeats former governor, Chimaroke Nnamani of PDC for Enugu west senatorial ticket.

KWARA: Bukola Saraki of the PDP is winner of Kwara Central senatorial district with 78, 999 votes.

BENUE: Senate President, David Mark, (PDP) is leading his closest opponent, Lawrence Onoja (ACN) with 42,487 votes so far. Result from 6 local government declared while three more are being expected. Mark has 91717 votes from the six councils while Mr Onoja has 49230.

BENUE: Ezekiel Awulu Adaji, PDP candidate, is declared winner of Otukpo/Ohimini fed constituency. Results: ACN = 13745; ANPP = 16737; CPC = 1068; MPPP = 198; PDP = 26991

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5688444-146/election_results_live_updates__.csp
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
Bukola Saraki seriously flogging his father's party ACPN. PDP won all the 3 seats, with ACN having a very strong showing. ACPN was just kissing the canvass. EDO central, EDO South PDP won,  Etsako-ACN, Owan federa[/b]l constituency-ACN, [b]OREDO Fed. Constituenc[/b]y-ACN, [b]Oha-ACN, Edo North-ACN
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
PDP having very strong showing in ABia, practically winning everything
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
ACN's showing might just make them the biggest party in Nigeria. These results would also improve on Ribadu's chances. The CPC on the order hand is not looking too good as they are winning in their strong holds by slim margins with the PDP and ACN sharing the rest of their votes!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by erastus75: 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
You that is insulting someone father by calling him Coconut,remember you are going to be a father one day or you are one already, some other person will label a name worst than that. Leave GEJ alone the man has achieved more dreams he never expected and instead of you to think of how you will get there, because of politics, you decided to run your mouth so WIDE that, your head became empty and jumped out of it position .

Our culture demands respect for elders and if you don't understand the dynamics of politics, go and find out cos it is dog eats dogs, none of the aspirants or candidates are angels. Most of the ACN and CPC NASS members will disappoint you to your chagrin.

Come Saturday,GEJ is winning and I love how other parties have won ore seats in NASS cos it will bring about checks and balances and that means government will work more in providing dividends of democracy.

But if he can successfully pull-this-off, history will perhaps judge him well. Leadership position is not a gift to be given out as a reward. It is a position of responsibility and only responsible people should be leaders.

[/quote][quote author=passyjango link=topic=641981.msg8094012#msg8094012 date=1302444405]
GEJ is not a good man he is a coconut head and the grandmaster of thieves. He runs a government based on settlement. He has settled some of our stars in the entertainment industry and they are now singing his song and some of our gullible people are buying it.

GEJ chose Jega because then he was still basking in the euphoria of his massive support by Nigerians because of his persecution by Turai (the first unofficial female president of Nigeria) and her cabal. He never would have predicted that by now his popularity would have waned. He was also very weak then and was under pressure from Nigerians and western countries to appoint a candidate that would be perceived as credible. He needed to do this to gain some trust and popularity and it worked for a while. For me, it is God that made things to play out the way they did. If GEJ had more time to settle down before appointing the INEC chairman perhaps we would have been singing a different song by now. GEJ wherever he is will be regretting and wondering what is going on.

But if he can successfully pull-this-off, history will perhaps judge him well. Leadership position is not a gift to be given out as a reward. It is a position of responsibility and only responsible people should be leaders.

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
I thought I was the only one who was irritated with the AIT presenter. If he annoys you now you should listenn to his radio program, where he even defend dame umbellera, says she is doing a great job
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by muami(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2011
9ijaMan:

@IFELEKE
SENATE:
CPC: 23
ACN: 34
PDP: 10
…APGA: 9
LP: 8
ANPP: 6

According to your post, 82 seats has been occupied remaining 27 seats. This is really good news.

Thank you for this information. Thisday gave the following projections in their pool publications to favour their PDP pay masters. They are all now in total shame.

SENATE ELECTION OUTCOME ACCORDING TO THISDAY POOL.
PDP 35 SEATS
ACN 17 SEATS
CPC 9 SEATS
ANPP 4 SEATS
ACCORD PARTY 1 SEAT
DPP 1 SEAT
TOO CLOSE TO CALL 42 SEATS.
TOTAL 109 SEATS.

Now we know better.According to your post, 82 seats has been occupied remaining 27 seats. This is really good news.

Thank you for this information. Thisday gave the following projections in their pool publications to favour their PDP pay masters. They are all now in total shame.

Obviously, you people think election is a joke that is why you are producing 'fantasy' results. For your information, confirmed results from the NORTH shows that PDP has won 7 senatorial seats already ( in the North oh!) made up of Kwara - 3, Benue 2, Adamawa - 1 and Gombe - 1, yet you stay there and give pdp 10 seats in your fantasy results.Well, thank God, its INEC results that matters.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
Ike Ekweremadu and Ayogu Eze won their seats back. Shame on Bankole, He let the house leaders down.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by rasputinn(m): 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
tosag:

Mr. Rasputin so you are now the representative of the delta State electorates abi?  With the wind of political change sweeping accross the country Ogboru will win massively with or without any PDP assistance. The NASS election is just a tip of the iceberg. Here in Delta State the day everybody is waiting for is Saturday 16th, 2011 when the final nail will be nailed to the PDP coffin in Delta Sate.

You see,it's ignorant assertions like this that are most unhelpful and misguiding for the aspirants,Great had been concentrating his campaigns in Delta Central(which in any case is Uduaghan zone also),need I remind you that Delta is more than Abraka or indeed,Ethiope East and West.However,I must remind you that Delta South and North constitute the bulk of the about 4 million population of Delta state and the over 2 million registered voters in the state.It was only in February/March when Ned Nwoko lost the PDP senatorial ticket to Arthur Okowa that he defected to DPP,hence Ogboru now has a bit of a presence in Delta North,even at that,a cursory look at the power brokers and king makers of Delta PDP still shows that most of them are still in PDP.

Well you have your point of view,I have mine,let Great Ogboru call our bluff and WE WILL TROUNCE HIM AGAIN at the polls

BTW,there's no ACN in Delta,we WILL NOT ALLOW TINUBU TO COME AND STEAL OUR MONEY THE WAY HE IS DOING IN LAGOS
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
The quality of the AIT zonal reporters speak for the kind of station they runN the kaduna lady tire me yesterday
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by muami(m): 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
JaaizTech:

Ike Ekweremadu and Ayogu Eze won their seats back. Shame on Bankole, He let the house leaders down.

Yes he did but I think its really PDP especially OGD and OBJ that let him down. They factionalised and weakened the party in the state. If you look at the result you would see that PDP votes were split between with PPN( the party OGB endorsed) thereby paviing the way for pdp to stumble there. Anyway, i never like Bankole sha.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2011
With the manner in which the opposition parties have decimated the ruling party, PDP, I will certainly not be surprised if a run-off in the presidential elections ends up being between CPC and ACN.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ifyalways(f): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
Anambra and Abia results anyone?Please.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by tlops(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
one great achievement of GEJ will be having INEC really independent.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by macjive01: 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
9ijaMan:

With the manner in which the opposition parties have decimated the ruling party, PDP, I will certainly not be surprised if a run-off in the presidential elections ends up being between CPC and ACN.

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. . . . SHAO KAHN
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by jmaine: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
9ijaMan:

This your dream pass Biblical Joseph and Martin Luther king own shocked shocked . guy no dey eff up . laff wan twist my belle
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
jmaine:

This your dream pass Biblical Joseph and Martin Luther king own shocked shocked . guy no dey eff up . laff wan twist my belle

macjive01:

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. . . . SHAO KAHN
You'll laugh louder when the full list of the new NASS is released. With CPC winning most sits in the north and ACN clearing at least 5 states in the SouthWest, it's obvious PDP is losing grounds. Meanwhile most of those who voted PDP in the north for NASS will be switching to CPC for the presidential, excluding states like Kwara (unfortunately), Benue and perhaps Plateau states.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by erastus75: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
9ijaMan:

In your wildest dreams,excuse I am not a afidifi member before you turn it to something else, GEJ will be voted en masse only that he is a good person in a bad party though other parties are not good either it is all about their interest and not what they will be able to offer to the poor masses
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
temodent:

Namadi Sambo, vice president's constituency
CPC   72092
PDP   33074
ACN   9540
CPC WINS

BluStreak:

Dr. Ifeanyi I. Okowa (PDP) declared winner for the Delta-North senatorial district.

JaaizTech:

Bukola Saraki seriously flogging his father's party ACPN. PDP won all the 3 seats, with ACN having a very strong showing. ACPN was just kissing the canvass. EDO central, EDO South PDP won,  Etsako-ACN, Owan federa[/b]l constituency-ACN, [b]OREDO Fed. Constituenc[/b]y-ACN, [b]Oha-ACN, Edo North-ACN

Endeavor to list your sources.

We don't want David Mark wins one minute, and he has lost the next.

Who are your sources?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2011
erastus75:

You that is insulting someone father by calling him Coconut,remember you are going to be a father one day or you are one already, some other person will label a name worst than that. Leave GEJ alone the man has achieved more dreams he never expected and instead of you to think of how you will get there, because of politics, you decided to run your mouth so WIDE that, your head became empty and jumped out of it position .

Our culture demands respect for elders and if you don't understand the dynamics of politics, go and find out cos it is dog eats dogs, none of the aspirants or candidates are angels. Most of the ACN and CPC NASS members will disappoint you to your chagrin.

Come Saturday,GEJ is winning and I love how other parties have won ore seats in NASS cos it will bring about checks and balances and that means government will work more in providing dividends of democracy.

Goofluck Jonathan is not a coconut. He is a Silverback Gorilla.

Maybe he eats coconut as a Gorilla, we don't know.

Respect your elders my arse. People are ruining your life and future and your daft arse is turning around shouting culture.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Ezennaemeka1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
Please i need results from anambra. Among Akunili and Ngige who is actually the winner.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
Mark won

AIT election news   cry cry cry
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by roxell120(m): 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
I
ifyalways:

Anambra and Abia results anyone?Please.

JUST READ THAT DORA AKUNYILI LOST TO ACN NGIGE. POOR DORA BUT NGIGE IS NOT A PUSH OVER IN HIS CONSTITUENCY

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (44) (Reply)

Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In / Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital / Buhari & Amaechi: The Handshake That Got People Talking(photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.