Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,770 members, 7,930,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:30 AM

Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped (33260 Views)

14-Year-Old Girl Slashes The Joystick Of Man Who Almost Raped Her In Katsina / Charlie Champagne Arrests Gay Hairstylist Who Almost Raped His Friend In Lagos / How My Electrician Almost Raped My Nanny – Nigerian Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by TheMostComplex1: 9:53am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

No be lie, I don't want another person to be his victim

Report him to the police with evidence of the injuries your sister sustained while the were struggling & if he had any of her items be it clothes or any other thing torn

Please don't spare him report the matter to the police

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by TheMostComplex1: 9:55am On Feb 18, 2021
Polynek:
In my own opinion, take Him to the police and make Him sign undertaking to be of good behaviour.

Thank you for this comment.

He should not be allowed to go Scot free otherwise he will succeed next time & your sister will be ashamed to report the matter

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by GodisFirst: 9:55am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:
Advice Needed: My Sister Was Almost Raped

Good evening guys, I trust Y'all had a great day.

I will try to make this as short and simple as possible.

My kid sister texted me on WhatsApp this evening saying she almost got raped by the guy crediting her online wallet for her, I drove straight to my mum's store because I was just leaving the office.

Now I met her and asked what's up.

She has an online wallet where she recharges decoders, pays electricity bills for people, sells airtime and data etc. She is a student and she's doing that business in my mum's store so she could help herself in school.

She said someone sent her 30k to pay his electricity bill and also recharge his decoder for him so she went to the guy's shop to get her account credited but he wasn't there then she called him and he directed her to his house in that same street very close to the shop.
She got there and the guy tried forcing himself on her, mind you she's on her period, she refused and during the scuffle she lost one of her earrings, she begged me not to take action that the guy has apologised, seeing that I was very hurt and I wanted to confront the guy at that moment. while she was explaining to me the guy called and kept on apologizing but I'm not having any of that.

I wanted to call some of my friends to beat up the guy but after she begged me, I still want confront the guy, warn him seriously but I need advice on if that's the best thing to do or which way do you think is best to approach the situation?

No insults please. Thank you all

Go to him and let him know that you are aware of what he attempted and that you will arrest him if he tries it next time. let him know that if he had done it before, he should amend as one day, he will be called out for it.
Also warn him not to try it with any other person and he may not go free the next time he tries it.
Keep eyes on your sister and that her business. Let her never go to the guys house again and if possible never to go to his shop alone.
Thank God your sister was brave alone to resist him.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by TheMostComplex1: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2021
Note the guy may try to deny it if you don't have enough evidence . So what you or your sister will do is go back to the rapist house & get him recorded while begging to be forgiven

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by generationz(f): 9:59am On Feb 18, 2021
On one hand you might want to let it go because of the pain, shame and emotional stress it will cause your sister taking the matter to court but then what about other innocent girls he will likely try it with and succeed? Apologizing means nothing. Most rapist don't have just one victim.

If it was me, i will create a fake twitter account and post the story tagging big blogs with his face, name and work address. The media will do the rest to broadcast the bastard's evil ways.

I hate rapists and rape apologists.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Mightyhaiz: 10:00am On Feb 18, 2021
OKVALLY:
Your sister is already having pity on him, he will entice her with bigger money.
She is going to fall. You need to ask her question very well.
if he entice her with big money,so long as the lady accepts and agrees to terms,then by all standards nothing bad. But the issue here is the rape attempt. the bloke must be taught that it's never cool to rape..
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by firstratedcitiz(m): 10:00am On Feb 18, 2021
Do not gather your "boys" to beat him up. Just report the matter to police and have the guy arrested.
RayJr:

My kid sister texted me on WhatsApp this evening saying she almost got raped by the guy crediting her online wallet for her, I drove straight to my mum's store because I was just leaving the office.

She has an online wallet where she recharges decoders, pays electricity bills for people, sells airtime and data etc. She is a student and she's doing that business in my mum's store so she could help herself in school.

She said someone sent her 30k to pay his electricity bill and also recharge his decoder for him so she went to the guy's shop to get her account credited but he wasn't there then she called him and he directed her to his house in that same street very close to the shop.
She got there and the guy tried forcing himself on her, mind you she's on her period, she refused and during the scuffle she lost one of her earrings, she begged me not to take action that the guy has apologised, seeing that I was very hurt and I wanted to confront the guy at that moment. while she was explaining to me the guy called and kept on apologizing but I'm not having any of that.

I wanted to call some of my friends to beat up the guy but after she begged me, I still want confront the guy, warn him seriously but I need advice on if that's the best thing to do or which way do you think is best to approach the situation?

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by realtalk19: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

I still feel you should get involved and give him a Stern warning so he will be aware the issue is exposed and eyes are on him.

If you have a male(brother or friend ) you can take along so he will know how serious it is.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by nkwuocha1: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2021
If
RayJr:

Ok, I'm considering reporting the situation already

If you don't report this matter, guy you be suegbe!
Some body tried to rape my sister, I no go take advice.I go withdraw like 50k give police wey I sure say be Aro! To mend am.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Maxchu: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Speak to the Authority for Investigation Purpose .Thank God she was almost Raped not Raped .Wish her complete Recovery from the Psychological trauma she might be facing
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by qtx(m): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2021
Every business that involves ladies going to meet people especially men in their homes or obscure locations is naturally risky.

Advise your kid sister never to go to people's homes in that manner for business, or if she must go, she should go in the company of someone.

These days human beings have lost their dignity in numbers.

Immorality is everywhere in the air. Everybody both married and unmarried, male/female needs to take caution.
my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by OblorOblor: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2021
Sterope:
No, she doesn't need to having a fling with him. Some people are just wired to be stupid and damaged

I agree with you, some people are idiotic.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Jaqenhghar: 10:12am On Feb 18, 2021
shortgun:
Better you let sleeping dog lie.
The said guy have apologised and besides you don't know the ralationship between your sister and the guy.
There's a reason she told u not to go further with the matter.

Modified for those quoting me and insulting their ancestors
How do you provide evidence for attempted Rape?
Rape is one of the most difficult cases to get a conviction not to talk of attempted rape.

My point is OP will be wasting precious time trying to proof this case...which will still end in futility.

A little elderly advice: As a Man Never go to War on the account of emotional tales by a woman; be her your mother, sister, girlfriend or wife....many have gone.
If you like follow wisdom.
See mumu. Because its hard to prove means you should let it be. Yet you wonder why your country is a cesspit.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by HopeVictor: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2021
shortgun:
The said guy have apologised and besides you don't know the ralationship between your sister and the guy.

Rape is one of the most difficult cases to get a conviction not to talk of attempted rape.

My point is OP will be wasting precious time trying to proof this case...which will still end in futility.

A little elderly advice: As a Man Never go to War on the account of emotional tales by a woman; be her your mother, sister, girlfriend or wife....many have gone.
This is the most sensible comment I've seen.. Bros welldone

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Finest6: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2021
Don't report him to the Police because there is no evidence that he did it. But you have to warn him strictly so that he won't think you aren't aware.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by jaoh: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Thanks a lot, I just cannot imagine what would have happened if she was raped, I didn't tell my mum because a lot would have happened immediately. But I report so at least he can write an undertaken never to do it again

Get voice evidence before your report.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by GamalNasser: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Get the police involved
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by ceeceeuwa: 10:24am On Feb 18, 2021
tellwisdom:
Confirm from your sis how close she is to him.
So even though they are close, does it warrant him to want to have sex without her consent?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Jaqenhghar: 10:25am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Seriously and the guy is still walking. Please take her to his house personally and let him finish what he started. Then buy him a beer afterwarss and thank him. For a job well done
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Eagba(m): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021
KosiGee:

I would’ve advised you to get police involved but I know what Nigeria police is like.

Go down there with some men and talk to him about his act. Make sure he gets the message.

He is a rapist for sure. Don’t leave it too late...that’s if you sure physical threat or your presence would drive the message home.

Make sure he pays and buy another ear ring for your sister.
I also think if he's going to his house, he should also go with recorders

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Psady(m): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Naturally she doesn't like prolonging issues, she always like to end issues immediately
Talk sense into her, someone else might not be lucky as her next time.That idiot need see small brutality to rearrange his hormone.Haba! U try rape my sis, and I dey pass still dey see u , o boy the feeling not good now.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by divineappo(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2021
ur sister is suspicious
why is she asking u not to confront him?

I think she would av bleeped the guy, if she wasn't in her period

I swear, if u confront the guy, or arrest him, your dear sister will defend the guy and even claim the guy didn't attempt to rape her

my guy, move on with ur life.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by zamanii: 10:32am On Feb 18, 2021
shortgun:

Potential rapist on rampage. Let me say it as it is, you succeeded in displaying your ignorance and total lack of respect for women. You know absolutely nothing about the law, yet you go to say they would not succeed in a rape action.

FYI lawyer wannabe, if they want to proceed against the person in question, they would sue for assault and not rape. Talmabout "never go to war on the account of emotional tales by a woman..". I weep for your wife and daughters

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by ileriashe29(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2021
The people telling you now to attack him,they are saying it from there own perspective,what if you attack the guy and the day you attack him is d day he wanted to die,u can see is double wahala for dead body.so be wise in dealing with issue like this.may God help u.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by cassidy1996(m): 10:42am On Feb 18, 2021
shortgun:

you have spoken well. thumbs up
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Oyiboman69: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Thanks but I won't, Never!!
you take the matter to the court,you waste a precious time and resources...
You invite boys to confronts him,you injure him,the matter takes another turns.
He kill you... You lost.
You kill him,you end up in jail....
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by od501: 10:43am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

What da fuvk do u mean by he begged?!.... Oga beat the OMG outta dat animal!!!!!
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by tmoneyu: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2021
No go there ooo before the guy go beat u join because u are not strong moreover warn your sister to stop visibt people she knows nothing about
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by EndRape2(f): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2021
Did your sister record where he was begging, I can connect you to an NGO that can help you with the case, note, if you free that guy, he is going to rape others .

uote author=RayJr post=99169921]Advice Needed: My Sister Was Almost Raped

No insults please. Thank you all[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldier Drills An Uninvited Guest In Delta, Makes Him Lie Inside Mud / Police Parade ‘fake Soldiers And Car Thieves’ In Lagos (Pictured) / Outrage After Girl’s Panties Was Used As Evidence To Clear Man Of Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.